• JamboAl

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rick Sanchez
7 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Takis Fyssas 😉

ITK?

Wikipedia has him down as starting a career in politics 😄 Absolutely love the guy but his only experience is internationally, doesn't require him to sign players.

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

thats the boy

That would be a very interesting appointment.  He is not an ex footballer so is less likely  to get himself too involved in tactics/selection matters which raised questions (passing notes to IC) when CL in post.

,On the plus side he is an experienced administrator,  seems capable on paper at least,  and will have many contacts in England for permanent or loan signings.  On the minus side, as someone said earlier, his wage would/could be a problem and woud he want to leave his home town club.

That is however the type of appointment we could benefit from.

Edited by JamboAl

manaliveits105

Was in Thessalonika once and we were toiling to get passed a squad of burly Greek bouncers into a outdoor trendy bar - during the conversation with them one of them asked me which team I supported and when I said Hearts he said Takis Fyssas comes from my village - moments later we were drinking in the bar - true story dat . Great player Takis.

Bevington spoke very well on Sportsound a few weeks back.  Wages would be a problem though

Neil McCann is a no for me.  Would be like Cathro mark II

Colonel Kurtz
39 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That would be a very interesting appointment.  He is not an ex footballer so is less likely  to get himself too involved in tactics/selection matters which raised questions (passing notes to IC) when CL in post.

,On the plus side he is an experienced administrator,  seems capable on paper at least,  and will have many contacts in England for permanent or loan signings.  On the minus side, as someone said earlier, his wage would/could be a problem and woud he want to leave his home town club.

That is however the type of appointment we could benefit from.

perhaps thats what is puzzling Hearts   he would have known the wage restaints 

16 hours ago, pointon said:

Neil McCann will a very good manager for Hearts given a chance 

I actually agree with this. There's something about him I like. The problem is, he needs an experienced Sporting Director/Director of Football to guide him, and that for me isn't Davie Weir. I don't know who it is, but I don't see it in Weir. 

For me, McCann is a future Hearts manager. Stendel is the current manager, and for me he should still have first refusal when we're ready to start back. 

Bevington is a non starter simply due to wages....the boy was top of the tree not that long ago....I would bite your hand off for him but cash would make that a non starter....

Unless we had someone willing to fund that particular role in a bizarre another world type scenerio.....

👀

14 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Bevington is a non starter simply due to wages....the boy was top of the tree not that long ago....I would bite your hand off for him but cash would make that a non starter....

Unless we had someone willing to fund that particular role in a bizarre another world type scenerio.....

👀

I hadn't realised he had left Boro FC and, if he's been out of work since, then wages might not be such a big problem

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Have we managed to work out what a SD actually  does? 

Sells cheap trainers and giant coffee mugs for some some reason.  

5 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Directs the sport 😎

Ainsley Harriott

Is it likely we will get less in the way of rumours for this given the present situation? With interviews done over zoom we arent going to have taxis picking up candidates at Edinburgh airport and such like.

Ainsley Harriott

Is it likely we will get less in the way of rumours for this given the present situation? With interviews done over zoom we arent going to have taxis picking up candidates at Edinburgh airport and such like.

Davie weir was interviewed previous before stendel appointment but was for sporting director. Could be a good appointment 

16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Davie weir was interviewed previous before stendel appointment but was for sporting director. Could be a good appointment 

Don't want him anywhere near Hearts - Hearts and Falkirk made him into the player that went onto do very well for himself down south but the only team he ever talks about up here in the Huns,whenever he came back with the Huns to Tynecastle he never showed any appreciation to the fans unlike a lot of returning players even when at another team (Neil McCann for example after signing for Rangers warmed up with the Hearts sub's at the Gorgie Rd end rather than going to get applause from the Rangers mob and our fans loved that ) 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
33 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yup, I think he'd do well. Always comes across as intelligent and considered; coupled with his considerable experience and contacts he ticks a number of boxes for the role.

Would love to see Fyssas back at the club. Just appoint the best man for the job though. 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Absolutely fantasy but would love it for him to be back at some point. Unfinished business.

But let’s give DS a fair run first. 

Total nonsense, at the moment. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
24 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Absolutely fantasy but would love it for him to be back at some point. Unfinished business.

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Total nonsense, at the moment. 

Just now, Swanny17 said:

What a lot of made up pish. 

It appears not 👀👀👀👀👀

1 minute ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

It appears not 👀👀👀👀👀

Oooh. Well if there is any substance to it, I’ll be very intrigued.

ford donald
13 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Oooh. Well if there is any substance to it, I’ll be very intrigued.

Talks at a advanced stage seemingly,hard to beleive,soon know.

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Yes I have but does Ann Budge agree with me.

Would quite like to see JJ take the role with Lockie working as his apprentice with the view of taking over in a year or 2. Two proper hearts men

1 minute ago, Burnsey said:

Would quite like to see JJ take the role with Lockie working as his apprentice with the view of taking over in a year or 2. Two proper hearts men

I just don’t think JJ could come back to top end football after his heart attack 

Edited by campbell

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

As am I, on both counts. It's what I'm told by a 90% hitter though. 

I like David Weir. 

He's quite arrogant, but was a cultured player. 

He's a winner as well. 

Good experience 

In fact, I'd be ok with Weir as manager. 

My preference is DS to stay, get his players in and implement his style tho. 

Neil Mcann is a no from me, but if in the championship it should be a free hit for anyone. 

Clark Griswold
2 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

This aged well mate! :lol: 

TyphoonJambo
42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine promotion is reversed and we then take their manager, then our manager takes Shankland. 

I think I'd actually piss myself. 

Get that ceiling artexed. If also, hibs  into Administration, sorry love, you'll need these safety specs, maybe even get yourself into a diving bell, cause theres going to be a hell of a lot of man plasma flying around🤣🤣 A truly dangerous place to be fettile. 

Edited by TypoonJambo

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Get that ceiling artexed. If also, hibs  into Administration, sorry love, you'll need these safety specs, maybe even get yourself into a diving bell, cause theres going to be a hell of a lot of man plasma flying around🤣🤣 A truly dangerous place to be fettile. 

Jesus, very vivid. 

True tho😂

45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I like David Weir. 

He's quite arrogant, but was a cultured player. 

He's a winner as well. 

Good experience 

In fact, I'd be ok with Weir as manager. 

My preference is DS to stay, get his players in and implement his style tho. 

Neil Mcann is a no from me, but if in the championship it should be a free hit for anyone. 

Being at Rangers turned him into a whinging dick.   But maybe that’s a good thing.  

Ronald Villiers

Weir's actually a really decent guy, maybe comes across to some people as arrogant or whatever.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Weir's actually a really decent guy, maybe comes across to some people as arrogant or whatever.

I think people also focus too much on him being at Rangers that they ignore what is the important question, would he be any good for the role. As far as I can see it, the Sporting Director role (at least as it was made out back in November) is to be in charge of running or dictating the policy of:

- recruitment (but work with the manager)

- Academy 

- Womens team 

- all other non-first team football related matters

So would want to know what David Weir (and other candidates) brings to these areas to make them the best candidate. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Stendel as Director of Football/Sporting Director?

Stendel got offered the job at Shalke and informed Budge that he would like to take it. 
we apparently have the DoF already and it’s just a case of signing the contract and he was given 3 names for manager and he picked Robbie. 

Rick Sanchez

If Snakey gets the gig the Levein rumours will not go away, 100%. It would be a mistake.

I'm happy with Fyssas but I think Weir or McCann could sell the club a bit better.

Seems to be Weir. 

Not sure how enthusiastic I am about that tbh. 

I think when you recruit from within Scottish football, particularly with a guy with a history at the OF there's a good chance if he gets any success thats where he's heading. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If Snakey gets the gig the Levein rumours will not go away, 100%. It would be a mistake.

I'm happy with Fyssas but I think Weir or McCann could sell the club a bit better.

What rumour?

Rick Sanchez
21 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What rumour?

That he would still be lingering in the shadows. Can't be doing with hearing that all next season.

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That he would still be lingering in the shadows. Can't be doing with hearing that all next season.

If he is, then Neilson won’t be here for long.