Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

Stendel was here for 2 minutes and imo it's unfair to judge him on results with the circus he stepped in to.

For me,he was different and brought hope amidst the drudgery and despair.

I firmly believe if he was still here we'd all be in a happier place than we are now.

Binnning him was a bigger mistake than keeping CL in place too long.

All Imo.

#bringbackbigdan.🇩🇪

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

32 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’d have Stendel back right now.

I probably would too BUT this is now and we are talking about then rather than now because Robbie has this league won and that is what he was asked to get done. The football has been terrible but that is no different to what we got with him when we were in the SPL. The common denominator in all of this is Budge she has made many bad appointments IMO and getting Robbie back in was just another example of her football naivety, she should have been in for a decent SPL grade manager .

3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I probably would too BUT this is now and we are talking about then rather than now because Robbie has this league won and that is what he was asked to get done. The football has been terrible but that is no different to what we got with him when we were in the SPL. The common denominator in all of this is Budge she has made many bad appointments IMO and getting Robbie back in was just another example of her football naivety, she should have been in for a decent SPL grade manager .

If that's what he was brought in specifically to do....Why was he given a 3-year deal?
Was Queen Ann hedging her bets...."I'll give you 3 chances to get the job done, Robbie hun!"   
Neilson has built quite a reputation as the Red Adair of Scottish football. Hopefully there is another club, Ross County, Hamilton....etc who will need his firefighting services next season.  

Neilson Out

Saint Jambo
4 hours ago, Jamdub said:

I would like to know the in's and out's of Poppadom Hand's loan deal from Man Utd, what I mean is that did he have to play if fit, a certain number of games, it can be the only reason he was played and lost us so many points apart from all the other carnage happening at the club.

I wonder if Ann thanked Daniel Stendel for not taking a salary from the club when lockdown kicked in.

Since leaving, Stendel has explained why he played Pereira and didn't once mention it being forced upon him. If it was forced on him, it would clearly have been better to say so as it would have made him look a more competent manager. What would it take to convince you that the idea we needed to play him was a myth? If you believe that he had to play then do you accept that Stendel has been lying to the fans and does that change your opinion of Stendel at all?

I find the fixation with Stendel totally bizarre. He came in with one job for last season, keep us off the bottom of the league. He failed miserably. His results were woeful. His signings were garbage. His tactics were naive and worse inflexible. His managerial record is one good season in five. And by all accounts he was extremely well paid. If we had stayed up I would have backed him. But he took us to the bottom of the league and we ended up in the Championship. For me, a bit like the Brora result, that is entirely unacceptable and should have consequences.

6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Since leaving, Stendel has explained why he played Pereira and didn't once mention it being forced upon him. If it was forced on him, it would clearly have been better to say so as it would have made him look a more competent manager. What would it take to convince you that the idea we needed to play him was a myth? If you believe that he had to play then do you accept that Stendel has been lying to the fans and does that change your opinion of Stendel at all?

I find the fixation with Stendel totally bizarre. He came in with one job for last season, keep us off the bottom of the league. He failed miserably. His results were woeful. His signings were garbage. His tactics were naive and worse inflexible. His managerial record is one good season in five. And by all accounts he was extremely well paid. If we had stayed up I would have backed him. But he took us to the bottom of the league and we ended up in the Championship. For me, a bit like the Brora result, that is entirely unacceptable and should have consequences.

There is no fixation with Stendel, the one thing is that Stendel had an idea how to change things and give is a fresh start and not have that Scottish pish about Sellik & The Rangers fear.

I am sorry to say that as I have said before Stendel arrived at our club, it was a car crash. 

Neilson has to go and FOH has to pay Budge off and move on.

Unknown user
8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

An interesting guess, but if we had stayed up, I definitely think Stendel would have stayed. A lot of effort went in to getting him. It would have been completely incomprehensible to sack him if he’d kept us up.

He had a contract too, if he'd kept us up we'd have no reason to sack him and wouldn't have wanted the expense of sacking him anyway.

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He wasn't part of the clique - the Levein, Neilson, Budge trilogy

Think Ann likes people around who she is comfortable with

Slavers.

*quoted wrong post. Your one previous to this was what I meant to quote.

Edited by Whatever

Levein signed and played Poppadom hands as well. Makes me think he had something in his deal which meant he had to play. Can't see why both managers continued with him in goal when he was selling the jerseys every week. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Levein signed and played Poppadom hands as well. Makes me think he had something in his deal which meant he had to play. Can't see why both managers continued with him in goal when he was selling the jerseys every week. 

It was confirmed, I think by Levein IIRC, that there was no such clause in his deal.

Lone Striker
35 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

To be fair, Doyle had already flapped & flopped a bit in a few games ...... and didn't  Zlamal pick up an injury earlier that season too ?   The Man U tag seems to have dazzled Levein, McPhee and Stendel to the point of them forgiving him for all his  blunders for over 10 weeks.  

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

To be fair, Doyle had already flapped & flopped a bit in a few games ...... and didn't  Zlamal pick up an injury earlier that season too ?   The Man U tag seems to have dazzled Levein, McPhee and Stendel to the point of them forgiving him for all his  blunders for over 10 weeks.  

I remember Levein said he had phoned United and asked who was available and was told bout pereira. Remember his debut against well in the cup. Spilled a couple of easy catches. Benefit of the doubt since debut but did the same match after match 

4 hours ago, Smithee said:

He had a contract too, if he'd kept us up we'd have no reason to sack him and wouldn't have wanted the expense of sacking him anyway.

Although we took the option to relieve him of his duties while going to court to say we should be reinstated. If we had won that case, he would have had a case against us of unlawful dismissal.

Edited by gnasher75

On 01/04/2021 at 15:42, Bongo 1874 said:

Fowler has taken that podcast and taken bits out of it that he said, and run with it as a negative story, knowing full well, Stendel English is not great at times, and if you listen to what he says he then says, maybe we should of had more experience, but unfortunately we couldn't sign the players we wanted. 

👍

Pereria is more one for the future, with potential. 

He has no potential he's ****ing useless! Never in my life have I seen a keeper actually duck out the way of a shot. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

He has no potential he's ****ing useless! Never in my life have I seen a keeper actually duck out the way of a shot. 

Confidence was low 

Kept us in it this game. 

Bongo still think JP is a good GK.

Lets see where he ends up next season.....my guess is Nando’s.

28 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Bongo still think JP is a good GK.

Lets see where he ends up next season.....my guess is Nando’s.

I think his confidence was shot, and the way the Hearts defence has played this season in a league that is 💩 by all accounts, and that's with Scotlands number 1 in goal, I feel my point holds value. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think his confidence was shot, and the way the Hearts defence has played this season in a league that is 💩 by all accounts, and that's with Scotlands number 1 in goal, I feel my point holds value. 

For his sake I hope he can hold plates better than he held a ball.

Malinga the Swinga

Stendel should be made to publicly apologise for playing that ****ing clown in goals for so long. Watching him play v Norwich, he's exactly as I remember him. Every shot looks like going in. Joel just never seems to pull out a decent save, never just tips it round post, he just dives slowly and out the ****ing way of ball. 

It's not confidence he needs, it's ability. He's shit. 

• 1 month later...
wattie exploited

good luck in the new job Dan from most of the hearts supporters :rifle:

He’ll do a cracking job there, going to have a fair few quid on them being promoted next season. 

Smoked-Glass
17 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

good luck in the new job Dan from most of the hearts supporters :rifle:

Come back please Daniel as we now have a good goal keeper so it will probably be a lot better.  

• davemclaren locked this topic