• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

I’ll not be getting involved in any debate but that’s poor from Hearts. We should have had the decency to tell the man what was happening prior to him reading it in the media. Not happy with that at all.

Thanks for your efforts Daniel. I for one am very sad to see you go.

21 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I cant remember really being so upset about a manager who has left us or been sacked and I have been following hearts 57 years now he would have been a great manager for us under different circumstances off that am sure so best wishes Daniel were ever you end up :rifle:

Very much this. I’ve never been so gutted to see a manager, who brought passion and enthusiasm in spades, leave us in such a gut wrenching and disappointing manner. I’m sure we’d have overcome the 4 point deficit and it would’ve been great to see Daniel and his backroom team, guide us back to where we belong. Sadly it feels like the party is over before it had actually started. 

Good luck Daniel, Jorge and Dale. Wherever you go and wherever you end up, I’m sure you are destined for greater things. From a diehard Jambo, you will be sorely missed. 

🇱🇻🇩🇪🍺

25 minutes ago, Robbo51 said:

Twitter post from DS

20200623_212832.jpg

Class from DS , disappointed the way we handled this. I wish Daniel and his team all the very best for the future, in my eyes he will always be welcomed back at Tynecastle. HHGH!!

Poor Daniel. He gave up his wage and everything. Really feel for the guy. Respect. Would have loved for it to work out for him here. Will follow his career closely and maybe one day he can come back. 

All the best to him. 

50 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I cant remember really being so upset about a manager who has left us or been sacked and I have been following hearts 57 years now he would have been a great manager for us under different circumstances off that am sure so best wishes Daniel were ever you end up :rifle:

I'm exactly the same. Genuinely upset he's gone. Really really liked the guy. I was desperate for it to work and had a gut feeling it would have.

Nice wee dig at the SPFL from our Daniel there too

RedStarRiot
53 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I was far more gutted when George Burley was sacked. 

I liked Stendal and I wanted him to be given more time and whilst he had a good few soundbites and connected with the support I wasnt 100% convinced yet. 

He’s a class act and I really do think we were just a few tweaks away from seeing something great, the way he brought Clare on was brilliant to watch and I really hope he continues his run of form under a new system with Robbie in charge.

He absolutely did not need to work without a wage packet but he did and it’s a testament to the mans character that he chose to do that to ensure the longevity of our club and the welfare of the lower paid staff.

All the best to him, he’ll always be welcome back in my eyes 💎

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Most refreshing thing about the Neilson capture is that no one had a clue, no exclusive and days of negotiations. 

I suspect it was deliberate from Ann to wait for deal to be done to tell Stendel, afterall his contract was finished following relegation. 

Let's not kid ourselves and it was the other way round with some big German club sniffing around Stendel would be on a plane to speak to them not driving down to Tynecastle to tell Ann over afternoon tea.

I don’t agree mate. He waited around for 3 months. He was clearly an honourable guy. 
Im gutted tbh. 

15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t agree mate. He waited around for 3 months. He was clearly an honourable guy. 
Im gutted tbh. 

Not doubting hes a good guy and went way above what was required since we stopped playing but the past 3 months has hardly been a time to look to employ a new manager for many clubs, everyone in football is looking for the best move and best contracts. It's no sleight on Hearts or Daniel, football isn't normal life - if Robbie has a stellar return then what's stopping him being attracted to the bright lights of England again? 

wattie exploited
45 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Im gutted tbh. 

100 % this :rifle:

Pasquale for King

A classy guy, poorly treated it would seem which is unlike the club. I still hope to see him back some day in the future, after Sergio. 

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A classy guy, poorly treated it would seem which is unlike the club. 

Very much this, which begs the question what happened or changed at the weekend that prompted Mrs Budge to approach United and appoint Robbie Neilson out of the blue. Nobody seen it coming.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Very much this, which begs the question what happened or changed at the weekend that prompted Mrs Budge to approach United and appoint Robbie Neilson out of the blue. Nobody seen it coming.

Maybe she woke up in a bad mood on Sunday and thought **** it. Maybe watching reruns of the Championship season Saturday night with a nice Rioja? She will no doubt tell us what the thinking was.

I reckon its a combo of factors. 

Daniel and his team will have been on good wages, and even the new contract would likely have been a lot. Robbies cheaper. 

Daniels performances against the dross in this league left a lot to be desired. Robbie has a better knowledge of the league and what it takes to grind results. 

Not getting rid of Levein early enough probably played on her mind too. Not wanting to make that mistake again. 

Assuming Daniel stays within our price range over the next 3 years, I'd like us to go back to him and let him come into a settled team and be able to make the changes he wants with a competent squad. He was given a hard task IMO. That team has losing embedded in it and turning around that mentality takes more than 3 months midseason. Obviously whether he'd be interested would be another story. 

Edited by OTT

Rocky jamboa

Pretty shit from Hearts to be fair, especially with him giving up his salary for the last 3 months. We should have had the decency to deal with his contract first before appointing neilson. What's the rush? We may not be playing football until October! 

Good luck daniel. I think you could have been good for us, with your own players and backroom staff. You had the right football philosophy.

Some people seem distraught with the apparent behaviour of the club yet compared to how he left his last club DS seems to have taken it all in his stride. Food for thought for those that are devastated that maybe we didn’t treat him that badly. Time to move on DS doesn’t seem that concerned so give your upsetness a rest for a day or two. 

10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

I know exactly how you feel, thinking this might be the manager we've been waiting for only to find he's out the door before he's got his feet under the table. There'll be a lot of people in G.B. looking out for where Daniel will manage next.

The Sun saying he's being lined up by St Pauli. 

Shame they have links with Celtic. 😛

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, OTT said:

I reckon its a combo of factors. 

Daniel and his team will have been on good wages, and even the new contract would likely have been a lot. Robbies cheaper. 

Daniels performances against the dross in this league left a lot to be desired. Robbie has a better knowledge of the league and what it takes to grind results. 

Not getting rid of Levein early enough probably played on her mind too. Not wanting to make that mistake again. 

Assuming Daniel stays within our price range over the next 3 years, I'd like us to go back to him and let him come into a settled team and be able to make the changes he wants with a competent squad. He was given a hard task IMO. That team has losing embedded in it and turning around that mentality takes more than 3 months midseason. Obviously whether he'd be interested would be another story. 

We’ve paid what, a six figure sum for RN? Surely we must’ve?! He wants his back room team from united to come too. I assume they’ll have contracts that need paid up? Stendel made it crystal on more than one occasion this wasn’t about money for him and he wanted the chance to build a team. We keep the man dangling for 3 months and make it look like sorting a manager is the last thing on our mind then boom all of a sudden move like lightning to get Neilson after DS gets an offer elsewhere but we don’t even inform him? 
I don’t like it tbh. He deserved a bit better than that. 

Im so disappointed he’s gone. 

DS was pish, but if you say nice things he's the best manager ever.

If you were any good you'd have won more games, we'd be higher up the league and you'd still be here. But you weren't, you were pish and don't give me the pish squad excuses. The squad is far superior to any of the dross in the bottom six. 

Boo fecking hoo. 

pettigrewsstylist

He would have been looking for a war chest we cant provide now. Not so sure that isnt a large factor. 

Nice guy, when all is said and done i remember the prematch chat in Perth about how Wright might hand him his arse if he didnt wise up on the tactics, and how his Jan signings could be the answer. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

DS was pish, but if you say nice things he's the best manager ever.

If you were any good you'd have won more games, we'd be higher up the league and you'd still be here. But you weren't, you were pish and don't give me the pish squad excuses. The squad is far superior to any of the dross in the bottom six. 

Boo fecking hoo. 

Except nobody could get a tune out of it not just DS. It wasn’t just nice words either he took no money for 3 months and we kept him dangling imo. Why not just be straight with him? That’s all🤷🏽‍♂️

AB said it was all about a new SD first too then doesn’t even have the courtesy to tell him we’re bringing someone else in? All his gear is still here. He’s going to have to come over and quarantine for two weeks before he can take his stuff home lol. It’s all just a bit pish imo. 

Comment now

FORMER Hearts boss Daniel Stendel has been lined up to take charge of German second tier side St Pauli.

The German learned he had been relieved of his duties on Sunday when he discovered Robbie Neilson was the new Hearts manager.

Ex-Hearts boss Daniel Stendel could make a quick-fire return to footballCredit: Andrew Barr - The Sun Glasgow

Stendel, who had also waived his wages, revealed this week that Tynecastle chiefs had apologised to him for their lack of communication.

But he could be set for a quick return to management in his homeland.

Hamburg side St Pauli have narrowly escaped relegation from Bundesliga 2 this season, but former Sheffield Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay will leave after the last game of the season at the weekend.

And Stendel - who played for St Pauli towards the end of his career - is the leading candidate to take charge of the Millerntor Stadium club.

MOST READ

DERBY DAZE

Hearts owner Budge considers Hibs chief Dempster for same role at Tynecastle

ON THE MEND

Dumbarton boss Jim Duffy recovering in hospital after suffering a heart attack

Stendel said this week: "I see myself at a club that is enthusiastic, has fan potential and sports ambitions.

"There are enough of those in Germany too, but I remain open to everything."

54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We’ve paid what, a six figure sum for RN? Surely we must’ve?! He wants his back room team from united to come too. I assume they’ll have contracts that need paid up? Stendel made it crystal on more than one occasion this wasn’t about money for him and he wanted the chance to build a team. We keep the man dangling for 3 months and make it look like sorting a manager is the last thing on our mind then boom all of a sudden move like lightning to get Neilson after DS gets an offer elsewhere but we don’t even inform him? 
I don’t like it tbh. He deserved a bit better than that. 

Im so disappointed he’s gone. 

So am I. He had everything you can ask for in a manager. I think Budge moved too quickly, but I can understand that there are reasons for it. Money wasn't the only reason which was what I was trying to highlight. Robbie has a really got knowledge of what it takes to grind results out up here. Daniel lost every single 'easy' game, yet won virtually every 'hard' game. It was strange :D But ultimately, beating Rangers means nothing if we're shipping points to bottom 6 clubs like wildfire. His style of play worked a treat against those better teams, but was found so wanting against teams who aren't interested in playing football, had he adapted to that Ann probably wouldn't have had cause of concern. 

I really do hope we see Daniel return to the club eventually. After Robbie goes, with the squad settled, money pouring in from the new stand and things a lot calmer. 

Its a real shame. I was fully on the Stendel train and now I'm struggling to get on board with Robbie. Its not an exciting appointment, but it was probably what was needed. 

pettigrewsstylist
42 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Except nobody could get a tune out of it not just DS. It wasn’t just nice words either he took no money for 3 months and we kept him dangling imo. Why not just be straight with him? That’s all🤷🏽‍♂️

AB said it was all about a new SD first too then doesn’t even have the courtesy to tell him we’re bringing someone else in? All his gear is still here. He’s going to have to come over and quarantine for two weeks before he can take his stuff home lol. It’s all just a bit pish imo. 

Would have thought a pay service would send your belongings on for you. 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Don’t think they’re allowed to do this atm. 

43 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

You need to pack and empty the fridge!!

Seriously......the rage from some about us replacing an out of contract manager is ridiculous.

His record was truly horrible and us parting ways was definitely for the best.

10 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Comment now

FORMER Hearts boss Daniel Stendel has been lined up to take charge of German second tier side St Pauli.

The German learned he had been relieved of his duties on Sunday when he discovered Robbie Neilson was the new Hearts manager.

Ex-Hearts boss Daniel Stendel could make a quick-fire return to footballCredit: Andrew Barr - The Sun Glasgow

Stendel, who had also waived his wages, revealed this week that Tynecastle chiefs had apologised to him for their lack of communication.

But he could be set for a quick return to management in his homeland.

Hamburg side St Pauli have narrowly escaped relegation from Bundesliga 2 this season, but former Sheffield Wednesday boss Jos Luhukay will leave after the last game of the season at the weekend.

And Stendel - who played for St Pauli towards the end of his career - is the leading candidate to take charge of the Millerntor Stadium club.

MOST READ

DERBY DAZE

Hearts owner Budge considers Hibs chief Dempster for same role at Tynecastle

ON THE MEND

Dumbarton boss Jim Duffy recovering in hospital after suffering a heart attack

Stendel said this week: "I see myself at a club that is enthusiastic, has fan potential and sports ambitions.

"There are enough of those in Germany too, but I remain open to everything."

All the best to Stendel at his new club St. Pauli.  I sometimes watch the Bundesliga 2, St. Pauli usually get a good turn out for the fans.  Can't wait to watch him get back to business!

wattie exploited
12 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

nothing worse than not being straight with the man how hard is it to say sorry we are going after someone else :rifle:

• 8 months later...

"However, the German is keen to stay longer than the temporary terms presently being offered.

It is understood the Blues have already sounded out the former Barnsley boss to serve as caretaker for the remainder of the season."

😀. Sounds familiar...  Caretaker.    

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would like to know who else had applied. Candidates from all over the world seemingly. 

Steven Pressley! 

jamboinglasgow

I would love to have seen what he could do had he came in the Summer and been able to bring in his type of player. But sadly he turned out not to be the manager we needed at the time.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I would love to have seen what he could do had he came in the Summer and been able to bring in his type of player. But sadly he turned out not to be the manager we needed at the time.

I think we would still be exactly in the same situation we are now. That is strolling the league. However he didn’t know how to play against the lesser teams in the top flight who sat deep and compact. His pressing game was completely futile against teams who didn’t want the ball. It would’ve been even worse in this league when almost every team plays with 11 men behind the ball. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

I think we would still be exactly in the same situation we are now. That is strolling the league. However he didn’t know how to play against the lesser teams in the top flight who sat deep and compact. His pressing game was completely futile against teams who didn’t want the ball. It would’ve been even worse in this league when almost every team plays with 11 men behind the ball. 

I was more thinking in the Premiership, i.e. had we stayed up I would like to see how we would do. But agree with you, against teams sitting deep, his style would be hard. I do think its under estimated how hard it is playing a league where almost all the other teams in the league play compact and sit deep. Unless you score early in a game then its hard to score many goals.

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was more thinking in the Premiership, i.e. had we stayed up I would like to see how we would do. But agree with you, against teams sitting deep, his style would be hard. I do think its under estimated how hard it is playing a league where almost all the other teams in the league play compact and sit deep. Unless you score early in a game then its hard to score many goals.

I agree. It would’ve been interesting to see what he could’ve done if we had stayed up last year. With a full pre-season and his own players. He surely would’ve adapted his style to suit certain games. Ships sailed though. 

On you’re second point, it’s no secret I’m mates with a first team player and he says that it’s like nothing anyone in the dressing room has seen before. Even the ex old firm guys are surprised at how negative but impressively well organised the opposition are just about every week. It’s a new level of being defensive. 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

On you’re second point, it’s no secret I’m mates with a first team player and he says that it’s like nothing anyone in the dressing room has seen before. Even the ex old firm guys are surprised at how negative but impressively well organised the opposition are just about every week. It’s a new level of being defensive. 

Interesting. As a fan I've never seen such defensive football from almost every single team against us home and away.

27 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I agree. It would’ve been interesting to see what he could’ve done if we had stayed up last year. With a full pre-season and his own players. He surely would’ve adapted his style to suit certain games. Ships sailed though. 

that’s very interesting about how negative the opposition is. Maybe that’s why neilson was talking up the Dundee game saying more like a premiership game as they came out and attacked. We did play better last week to be fair

Lone Striker

Daniel seems to the bookies favourite for the Portsmouth job, although its early days.    Hopefully Portsmouth aim a bit higher than Bristol Rovers did last month when Daniel was supposedly in with a shout.   Joey Barton .....ffs    😲:facepalm:

10 hours ago, DS98 said:

Langer was surely one of his players? That was enough to get anyone the sack.

Even without a pre season and a couple of months into the job u would have fancied us v 10 man Hamilton at a packed Tynie?

The boy was clueless.

2 hours ago, Salvatori5 said:

Langer was surely one of his players? That was enough to get anyone the sack.

Even without a pre season and a couple of months into the job u would have fancied us v 10 man Hamilton at a packed Tynie?

The boy was clueless.

Preaching to the choir here mate. Just playing devils advocate.

Avdijaj was even worse than Langer.

• davemclaren locked this topic