Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

Paisley Jambo
2 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

if the story is true about the big fall out between Sten and the players before the St Mirren game, I dont think the board want him back.

That would explain the performance on the evening.

We need someone who knows the Scottish game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

3 minutes ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Like levein 

Rick Sanchez

The only problem I had with Stendel was the defensive line, but that was probably to do with the lack of speed and a pre season.

Still, I'd have expected a manager looking for results to have sorted that. Teams had it sussed within a fortnight and we didn't have the quality to ask them what they were going to do about it.

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

yes he signed crap players.

I meant colt and Dale.

Whether he stays or goes, the very least we require from any head coach is that the players will be match fit, united, and give 100% on the park.

I doubt if these basics have been in place since RN left.

1 hour ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Why do we need someone who knows the Scottish game. Foreign managers are successful in leagues all over the world. What makes Scottish football so unique that it needs detailed knowledge?

1 hour ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Sorry but that is nonsense Craig levein knew the Scottish game and he fecked up, we need fresh ideas and I believe Stendal will deliver 

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Why do we need someone who knows the Scottish game. Foreign managers are successful in leagues all over the world. What makes Scottish football so unique that it needs detailed knowledge?

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

Sorry but that is nonsense Craig levein knew the Scottish game and he fecked up, we need fresh ideas and I believe Stendal will deliver 

I go along with this!

Byyy The Light

Correct. But...

Johnny Foreigner is not welcome in Scottish football. The broadcast and written media will see to that. Stendel is our Paul Le Guen. 

5 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

if the story is true about the big fall out between Sten and the players before the St Mirren game, I dont think the board want him back.

IF there was a fall out, it should be the players, not the manager, getting the boot. The players are there to do as the manager tells them, they don't run the show, HE does.

wattie exploited
12 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

He inherited one of the most gutless journeymen I've ever seen in maroon and we were sinking fast when he joined. 

The patience the support showed to Levein and yet Daniel was supposed to fix in a few months what Levein did to us over years without a summer transfer window.

I think no one could have got us out off the mess we where in in such a short time but i really believe with a year in the championship every one will have bought into his style of attacking football  and next year when we go back up it will be exciting times for us I really hope Anne B give him the job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, jamborich said:

I agree with the above. I'm also not sure that he had much say in who arrived in December, think that role was sort of given to Levein and McPhee. He still really hasn't had a chance to rebuild with his players and although they are professionals I suspect one or two of our present squad have maybe found it difficult to change to the extent that was needed (not that it was an awful lot of change really, they weren't being asked to design a rocket to take people to a non existent planet, just play football a wee bit differently).

As for going forward, I think it tends to depend on which of the news stories you read. As soon as you read one paper saying that he probably won't be here next season you then get another paper quoting Daniel saying he's like to stay and finish what he started. I think it all depends on what we offer, although again the fact he has been willing to work without pay during this period could suggest that he isn't looking for shit loads of money, just some certainty about his immediate future.

I was reading something today about us concentrating on trying to source a sporting Director and all I can really say to that is why. I don't think it is a position that is needed in Scottish football and when you try something and it doesn't work you should learn from that mistake and not repeat it again.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Hans von Luck

Reason Budge wants a sporting director is because she and the board are not 100% truly convinced in Daniel. 

Should he continue, not fully sure either but will get my 100% support, should he go well back to the drawing board. 

35 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Correct. But...

Johnny Foreigner is not welcome in Scottish football. The broadcast and written media will see to that. Stendel is our Paul Le Guen. 

Somebody said at the time of DS appointment that the media always have a po- at clubs bringing in foreign bosses unless that club are rangers or Celtic. Have to say I hadn’t noticed before but they certainly put Stendel through the mill. 

19 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with the above. I'm also not sure that he had much say in who arrived in December, think that role was sort of given to Levein and McPhee. He still really hasn't had a chance to rebuild with his players and although they are professionals I suspect one or two of our present squad have maybe found it difficult to change to the extent that was needed (not that it was an awful lot of change really, they weren't being asked to design a rocket to take people to a non existent planet, just play football a wee bit differently).

As for going forward, I think it tends to depend on which of the news stories you read. As soon as you read one paper saying that he probably won't be here next season you then get another paper quoting Daniel saying he's like to stay and finish what he started. I think it all depends on what we offer, although again the fact he has been willing to work without pay during this period could suggest that he isn't looking for shit loads of money, just some certainty about his immediate future.

I was reading something today about us concentrating on trying to source a sporting Director and all I can really say to that is why. I don't think it is a position that is needed in Scottish football and when you try something and it doesn't work you should learn from that mistake and not repeat it again.

Good post. Not sure about sporting Director. I think Ann might appreciate the help on the football side but it’s an expense we could maybe do without. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Somebody said at the time of DS appointment that the media always have a po- at clubs bringing in foreign bosses unless that club are rangers or Celtic. Have to say I hadn’t noticed before but they certainly put Stendel through the mill. 

To be fair, can think of Paul Le Guen and Ronny Delia getting a pretty rough ride from the press as well (and that's just off the top of my head). 

coatbridgejambo
58 minutes ago, whodanny said:

IF there was a fall out, it should be the players, not the manager, getting the boot. The players are there to do as the manager tells them, they don't run the show, HE does.

Spot on. They are paid to do a job regardless how they feel about the manager. They should be giving their all for the fans at the very least.

That st Mirren  performance jeez.

Worthy of p45's

Byyy The Light
45 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

Reason Budge wants a sporting director is because she and the board are not 100% truly convinced in Daniel. 

Should he continue, not fully sure either but will get my 100% support, should he go well back to the drawing board. 

I’d heard he has no clue about signing players as he’s never had to. Always been a head coach and used to working under the sporting director model. Also heard lots of people are less than convinced about him behind the scenes, a lot to do with how he comes across. Bit of an odd character.

A clash of culture maybe. 

44 minutes ago, stotty said:

To be fair, can think of Paul Le Guen and Ronny Delia getting a pretty rough ride from the press as well (and that's just off the top of my head). 

Aye but not from day 1, as far as I can remember. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The last thing we need is to sack Stendel 

You woukd need to be blind not to see the difference all be it only in certain matches 

This guy is the man to take us forward 100%

wattie exploited
7 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

WHAT STORY WAS THIS ?

Scottie Wanshot.
26 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

WHAT STORY WAS THIS ?

Sten and some of the players had big fallout on the way to the St Mirren game, I think that's why most of the players never tried a leg.

Ricardo Shillyshally
13 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Sten and some of the players had big fallout on the way to the St Mirren game, I think that's why most of the players never tried a leg.

You've made that up. Try harder or go back to.net

Scottie Wanshot.
1 minute ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

You've made that up. Try harder or go back to.net

it's the truth, believe it or not.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

If the board didnt want him back there would be no conversation, it would be official by now.

When the season ended by vote we were officially relegated and his contract was legally up due to the relegation clause.

If the board definitely didn't want him back all they had to say was "cheers for trying, new direction for next season "

I think there are doubts on both sides but at the end of the day either side could have walked away at no cost if they 100% weren't into it, and that's not happened.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Good post. Not sure about sporting Director. I think Ann might appreciate the help on the football side but it’s an expense we could maybe do without. 

Ironically I’m pretty sure DS was keen for us to have one

5 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

If that was true think it would have been splattered all over the papers we lost to St.Mirren because we were rank rotten on the night 

complete control
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Correct 

letsalldothebeattie

I’d like to see him stay I think he deserves the chance to build a squad to get us back up to the premiership. Given what he walked into and the fact he never got to finish the job in trying to keep us up it’s the least the man deserves is the chance to bring us back up 

PhoenixHearts
12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He was a decent enough championship manager tbf 

Great premiership manager too.

Qualified for europe in his first top flight season and had us in 2nd place when he left.

Would have him back in a heartbeat if Stendel can't return.

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Prove it.

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Not often ITK but I can categorically say this a load of poo.

When a Lochendee says "I think," that's another one.

Not true. Categorically.

Edited by buzzbomb

mellors1874
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Great premiership manager too.

Qualified for europe in his first top flight season and had us in 2nd place when he left.

Would have him back in a heartbeat if Stendel can't return.

finished third in his first season and then lost to hibs in the cup as he didn't class derbys as big games.

next season lost to a pub team from malta and played some terrible football.

he's not the answer 

15 hours ago, Paisley Jambo said:

Why’s that bud? Foreign managers seem to do well in all other leagues in the world. Why is Scotland so different?

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

If the board didnt want him back there would be no conversation, it would be official by now.

When the season ended by vote we were officially relegated and his contract was legally up due to the relegation clause.

If the board definitely didn't want him back all they had to say was "cheers for trying, new direction for next season "

I think there are doubts on both sides but at the end of the day either side could have walked away at no cost if they 100% weren't into it, and that's not happened.

The noises from DS seems to be he wants back. Ann has always given managers time in the past. Could just come down to budgets and the like. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The noises from DS seems to be he wants back. Ann has always given managers time in the past. Could just come down to budgets and the like. 

I've only seen his comments since I posted that, we're probably just waiting to make sure we have a top league budget.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I've only seen his comments since I posted that, we're probably just waiting to make sure we have a top league budget.

Yeah, that’s my take on it. Maybe not based on much but I think he will be boss next season.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, that’s my take on it. Maybe not based on much but I think he will be boss next season.

I agree now 

indianajones
15 hours ago, Paisley Jambo said:

I'd back DS over anyone of the guys in our squad just now. 

Hi. I’ve posted many times on here that I have a first team connection (Jamie Brandon). It is not the truth. Hope that clears things up for you. Players are all on board with Stendel, the ones that know they are part of the plans. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Hi. I’ve posted many times on here that I have a first team connection (Jamie Brandon). It is not the truth. Hope that clears things up for you. Players are all on board with Stendel, the ones that know they are part of the plans. 

Good to hear busby.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Visitors from Easter Road know that Stendel is far better than Ross and always has been. That’s why they appear on here suggesting he should go.

On the other hand we probably want Ross to stay.

18 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Don’t think there is any doubt about the truth on that one. Tactics and team selection dismayed the players. 

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s almost like a ‘Gies a job’ plea from Stendel. Must not have any other offers. 

• davemclaren locked this topic