Daniel Stendel

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

I for one will be gutted if Daniel Stendel is not giving the managers job as am sure he can do a good job for us .He came in at a bad time and am sure  given the rest of the season we would have stayed up .

according to ,the papers it seems he isnt getting to carry on ,AT least he tried to get us playing attacking football and gave the young guys a a chance ,he knows the players and it doesn't make sense to get another manager in right now no doubt people here will disagree anyway hearts for ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by wattie exploited

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

• wattie exploited

jamboinglasgow

Same here, wanted to see him build a team with his style of players and get a great go at it. The style he wanted to play would have been exciting. The right manager at the wrong time for us.

Maybe a year with the young lads and some fresh signings will be exactly what we need 

I am 100% behind Daniel 

I'd love him to stay, I reckon he could do a job with his own players in the Premier or the Championship

He really didn’t do that well despite the fact I loved his approach to games and of course the Piggery win.

he was brought in at the worst possible time. 2 games a week, a squad with zero confidence and also a fairly shit squad all thanks to Levein. Of course I have sympathy and I loved the guys philosophy but he was in the right place at the wrong time. 
Im not convinced he will get us back up if I’m brutally honest. However I’m torn. He’s been brilliant in not taking a wage etc and if he does stay I would be behind him of course. But I’m torn over him. Love his passion and going for the throat approach, however I’m not sure he will have a) the players or b) the money to pull it off

1 hour ago, NB GIN said:

Maybe a year with the young lads and some fresh signings will be exactly what we need 

I am 100% behind Daniel 

this is why I’m torn because I think you may be right re’ the youngsters 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

I for one will be gutted if Daniel Stendel is not giving the managers job as am sure he can do a good job for us .He came in at a bad time and am sure  given the rest of the season we would have stayed up .

according to ,the papers it seems he isnt getting to carry on ,AT least he tried to get us playing attacking football and gave the young guys a a chance ,he knows the players and it doesn't make sense to get another manager in right now no doubt people here will disagree anyway hearts for ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm always behind a Hearts manager until there's no more benefit of the doubt to give. I'd like him to stay but at the same time he's new enough that I'm not THAT attached to him so I wouldn't be gutted if he left. 

SomethingAboutObua

Think he'll be away. The main reasoning I think he could stay is who else is hiring right now, and who at the level he wants to coach at would be able to take the risk of taking him on in times like this? He obviously has good reasons for how us and Barnsley turned out, but how many teams would take that risk right now, not too many surely?

The club wants to cut costs, himself and his backroom team are expensive and don't require any pay off now they're free agents, think that' decision is only going to go one way from our side, and I don't think him or the coaches will want want to hang around a 27 game Championship with no fans either.

Right guy, wrong time. More needs to be asked of the time it took to hire him and our entire recruitment process, how different it could have been if we'd sorted all this within 2 weeks of binning CL instead of dragging on and dropping a new manager into 5 games in 2 weeks.

I for one will not be gutted honest and passionate man but unfortunately did not cut the mustard this will not go down well but I think our next manager will be either chest thumper or Tommy Wright 

Not sure we can take the risk with Stendel. 

if we are in championship we need to bounce back straight away, Ann might see Wright as a quick fix. 

i like the guy, but the results and signings were not there. 

If we can cut our losses now I would take it. 

Leveins Battalion

I think all of us like Stendel. He is a likeable guy and his philosophy was a welcome change from the Levein era.

However we have not made any progress.Our woes run deeper than the first 11,mentality needs to change.Personel needs to change,Ste del hasnt exactly set the heather alight with his own signings both here and at Barnsley.This is a risk imo we cannot take.

I believe there is managers in Scotland ready to step up,Robinson for one.I keep hearing why would he leave Motherwell for Hearts?If your seriously asking that then you underestimate Hearts as a club. You can dream at this club,an underperforming giant of the Scottish game.North of 17000 at every home game,10000 pledgers and an infrastructure to kick on.

Holt,young and upcoming manager.Hungry and takes no crap.Another I'd consider.

Tommy Wright ain't everyone's cup of tea,but he would sort out our slackers,wage thieves and get performances going again 100%

So from the season ticket holder its imo that's it's time for a clean break,thanks for your effort Daniel.👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

17 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hopefully he leaves by mutual consent 

His contract was null and void when relegation was confirmed.

Seymour M Hersh

Hopefully no matter what division we end up in DS will be our manager. Anyone calling for that fat slug Wright needs their heads examined. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hopefully no matter what division we end up in DS will be our manager. Anyone calling for that fat slug Wright needs their heads examined. 

Its how i feel too. Htf DS stays.

Sporting Director to be hired first so it will be his call. Hard to see Stendel returning now given reduced salary and SD being in place. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sporting Director to be hired first so it will be his call. Hard to see Stendel returning now given reduced salary and SD being in place. 

We were told that last time. 

I'm personally not fussed and said so on another thread.  Think we need an experienced British manager to steer us forward.

3 hours ago, pointon said:

I for one will not be gutted honest and passionate man but unfortunately did not cut the mustard this will not go down well but I think our next manager will be either chest thumper or Tommy Wright 

****, I hope not! 😦

Please not Tommy Wright, I need not explain my thought's as there's enough on here already. Deffo a no no.. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I feel a bit sorry for Daniel he deserved those last few games to save himself. But then I think about the first 10 minutes against Hamilton at home, certainly the worst 10 minutes of football Tynecastle has witnessed since the Locke days. 

Maybe a new man, fresh start is what we need. Or maybe Daniel is that fresh start, a rare chance to bring in outside ideas from better football country to Scotland. Tough call. 

Bungalow Bill

I like Stendel but it’s the right thing for him to leave. It’s not worked out. Will

miss his song. 

I'd be gutted if Dan leaves. I'll

He's a guy who's easy to get behind. I've no doubt he'd have us storming next season.

Folk can point to his results but from what I've heard, its hard to fathom just how dire the situation he walked in to was. Coaches who wouldn't carry out his sessions, players who were all either unfit, unmotivated, shot of confidence or just plain at it. A team who had not been drilled in any kind of tactical discipline for months, maybe years.

And he was alone too. He only had Kirky buy in.

He'd have kept us up. I know he would have. He'd have cleared out the deadwood and brought in fight, like he did with Sibbick.

His team mightnt have won every week but he'd be sending a team out to entertain and fight for us.

He'd also give us a good laugh and I'll bet some great new one-liners aimed at Hibs!!!!

I think he's gone though. Robert Martin reported in the Sun he'll be away in a day or so, and he'll know that if it's true.

So that's that. The SPFL have really, really done us in.

Never forgive. We need to stay angry.

Bringing in some Tommy Wright type character is not the answer here either. Duno who is, but not that prick.

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I will be glad if we get a Sporting director as we need direction at the club, though I thought the plan was that the manager will deal with first team matters and SD will deal with all other football side matters.

KyleLafferty

He failed in my opinion. Yes the players might have been gutless, but refusing to drop crisp packet wrists in goals, plus getting done by long balls over the top went on too long. Some great moments, 2 wins over rangers and Easter road. But we conceded the same goal over and over again.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I will be glad if we get a Sporting director as we need direction at the club, though I thought the plan was that the manager will deal with first team matters and SD will deal with all other football side matters.

I do think a Sporting Director should appoint a manager/first team coach that fits with their ethos. Otherwise it won't work.

Brauhauser2012

He inherited one of the most gutless journeymen I've ever seen in maroon and we were sinking fast when he joined. 

The patience the support showed to Levein and yet Daniel was supposed to fix in a few months what Levein did to us over years without a summer transfer window.

Stendel should have first refusal. A few injuries went against him (Souttar, Washington and Sibbick especially) , the style of football he wanted to implement was the polar opposite from what the squad were used to under Levein. 

Hibs game at Easter Road showed what was possible. I can't and won't ever fathom what happened in Paisley, but we've been inconsistent and shite away from home for years. 

If we start in the Championship, I'd like to see Stendel implement his approach on a young, hungry squad. 

Ainsley Harriott

Where is everyone seeing that's hes gone? Last article I read was Ann asking him to sit tight while things are up in the air.

Gordon Ramsay

Can't say I'd be too bothered if he goes. 

I expected more from him last season. 

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No need for me to post anything other than TheBigO has, exactly my thoughts.

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I do think a Sporting Director should appoint a manager/first team coach that fits with their ethos. Otherwise it won't work.

Liar!

I want him to stay and get the chance to build his own team ,he would have the advantage of knowing 1st hand what needs to be done. As others have mentioned, he has great passion for the game and that is a big plus for me.

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Where is everyone seeing that's hes gone? Last article I read was Ann asking him to sit tight while things are up in the air.

Robert Martin in the Sun

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Robert Martin in the Sun

So hes probably just signed a new contract then.

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

He really didn’t do that well despite the fact I loved his approach to games and of course the Piggery win.

he was brought in at the worst possible time. 2 games a week, a squad with zero confidence and also a fairly shit squad all thanks to Levein. Of course I have sympathy and I loved the guys philosophy but he was in the right place at the wrong time. 
Im not convinced he will get us back up if I’m brutally honest. However I’m torn. He’s been brilliant in not taking a wage etc and if he does stay I would be behind him of course. But I’m torn over him. Love his passion and going for the throat approach, however I’m not sure he will have a) the players or b) the money to pull it off

My thoughts exactly......!

13 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He failed in my opinion. Yes the players might have been gutless, but refusing to drop crisp packet wrists in goals, plus getting done by long balls over the top went on too long. Some great moments, 2 wins over rangers and Easter road. But we conceded the same goal over and over again.

How many did we really lose to balls over the top? Bit of a fallacy imo.

You could say the Hamilton 1st goal. The ball was deflect past us, really unlucky, the its offside and to a guy who was only where he was cos he'd stopped to tie his lace!! That deflection thru happens 5 seconds later, he's no there!!!!

The St Mirren goal, OK but the defenders got to him and made a tit of it, plus it was hand ball.

Most of the goals we lost were mindless errors rather than anything tactical. People saying we lost goals due to high line are being lazy, listening to bore Scottish pundits with no understanding beyond "keeping it tight".

Not saying it was perfect, obviously it wasn't. But firstly, it's a risk/reward system and actually had our keeper not kept chucking it in, it was working (DS's only mistake and its a big one).

Secondly the issue was actually our midfield. Even the players brought it up with DS. The defence had no protection. Look at the difference when Sibbick was on the park and not (even look at first half vs second half in the St J game for best example). No keeper behind them, no protection in front. But that's the squad Levein built.

It's why we had Claire at Rb and Smudge at Cm, we needed someone with discipline and bite in the middle.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

That's what it seemed to be saying in this morning's article in the Scotsman.  (I say seemed to be as I only got a rapid glance before their "sign up and read the rest of the article" message came up.  Aye, that'll be right).  From what I read, Ann has a timescale of mid-July for appointment of the Sporting Director and has started sifting through the online applications.

Ann's been in constant contact with Daniel, so no doubt he knows what's happening.  If he has any problems with a SD, this would be the time he'd say no thanks.  Alternatively, as others have pointed out, it's not a good time to be looking for a job, so maybe he'll wait and see who is appointed first.  As well as what's on offer as well, of course.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

• davemclaren locked this topic