Tvs high on the wall

jamborich

When we got a flat screen uears ago we wanted to put it high on our 'feature' wall, thankfully we were advised against that and it sits at a perfect height just above fireplace (about head height when sitting down).

12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mines is on a telly cabinet, but I'd have it on a wall no bother, but I'd worry it would fall and hurt either my Wife, my Granddaughter or my dog.

Depends on your walls really. If you've got stud walls then you're probably just putting 4 screws straight into the wood. I reckon I could do pull ups on my l telly brackets if I was 4 foot shorter(and capable) so I'm no worried about 20kg tellies. It's safer for my kids on the wall in the living room as they can't pull it over onto themselves. The 5 year old was never into trying that but Frankenstein is only 4 months old and I don't know what he'll be like later on.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Anyone got one of those cabinets in mock antique style that have doors that you can close to hide the TV screen?

No?

Me neither.

1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Anyone got one of those cabinets in mock antique style that have doors that you can close to hide the TV screen?

No?

Me neither.

Never mind yer mock, I've been looking for a real antique one for years. For some reason there're hard to come by.  You'd need a massive one, the size of a triple wardrobe for today's tellys though.  :) 

9 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

It’s just next to my mock mahogany globe drinks cabinet. 

In your bedroom it should be higher than eye level. So the wall facing your bed is an obvious choice. Living room eye level. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

In your bedroom it should be higher than eye level. So the wall facing your bed is an obvious choice. Living room eye level. 

There's no reason why my bedroom telly should be at anything but eye level from a sitting up on the bed angle. Why would you have it higher than a comfortable eye level?

Edited by IronJambo

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

This doesn't make sense, there are too many variables. I wouldn't be able to see bits of my bedroom telly if it was at living room eye level. There's no reason why my bedroom telly should be at anything but eye level from a sitting up on the bed angle.

That was just my opinion. I lie down in be to watch tv in be so head propped on pillows means higher up is better but sit down to watch tv in living room so the opposite is the case. There are variables so what suits me won’t suit everyone. Should’ve said in my bedroom etc etc in my first post. 

Edited by GinRummy

Haha well if you lie down to watch it then it has to be higher than eye level or you'd just be watching your feet 🤣

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Never mind yer mock, I've been looking for a real antique one for years. For some reason there're hard to come by.  You'd need a massive one, the size of a triple wardrobe for today's tellys though.  :) 

It's like something Del Boy would try to flog - "genuine Chippendale TV cabinet".

1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Haha well if you lie down to watch it then it has to be higher than eye level or you'd just be watching your feet 🤣

😂 Exactly. So that’s why the tv in the bedroom is up on the wall. Perfect to doze off to. 

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 Exactly. So that’s why the tv in the bedroom is up on the wall. Perfect to doze off to. 

If I'm lying doon in bed I'm either trying to sleep or I've got a wet boaby. Mine is on the wall because it wouldn't fit anywhere else.

10 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

If I'm lying doon in bed I'm either trying to sleep or I've got a wet boaby. Mine is on the wall because it wouldn't fit anywhere else.

😂 graphic. Loads of people do lie in bed and watch the telly though. 

21 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not sure what's worse tbh, teles high on the wall or teles so big it dominates the living room.

I’ve got a 42” telly and is a good size for me and the room. I checked out the recommended size for my viewing distance to get the best out of HD and it said I needed a 65” telly!