Tvs high on the wall

jamborich

Never understood what the attraction is my opinion tvs should be eye level for a better experience, interested if I'm wrong and people have a different view 

1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Never understood what the attraction is my opinion tvs should be eye level for a better experience, interested if I'm wrong and people have a different view 

Nope, I'm with you, tele in the corner at a sensible hight.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jamborich said:

I agree. 
Never fancied it either.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Eye level or just a wee bit above

Can't stand folk who put them above the fire place

When I moved to a new house I got a big screen and thought it would look great above the fireplace. It lasted a week, it’s at eye level now. TVs at high level are ok in pubs that’s all.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It generally done to avoid younger children/toddlers, pawing etc at tv.

The best height is most certainly eye level. 

I have barbed wire around mine and occasionally employ a sentry.

I P Knightley

We've got one above the fireplace; there is no other place for it. I thought it would take getting used to but a big telly can be viewed equally well from anywhere. Lower risk of double chins as well. 

heartsfc_fan
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Acceptable in hotel bedrooms and pubs.

Trashy anywhere else.

This

Got my TV on an adjustable/movable  stand that has locking wheels. 

Can basically put it where i like at a height that suits the ambience of the surroundings.  

Think it cost about £80?

3 hours ago, jamborich said:

Agreed. 

TV on the wall = Chav 

😁

12 hours ago, Cade said:

Acceptable in hotel bedrooms and pubs.

Trashy anywhere else.

:spoton:

Just moved house and the previous folk built a false wall with a cut out to perfectly fit their TV so it was flush with the new wall. For some reason they had their TV quite high up.

Looks great being able to have all the cables hidden inside the wall however our TV is 55" and too big to fit their "hole". So we have a new bracket that extends out and let's us angle it down so it points towards us and lessens the neck break. 

15 hours ago, jamborich said:

You are not wrong. Should be at eye height when you are sitting down.

On the wall away from kids and at a nice level to watch.

Each to their own and each to their own circumstances as well. Can save space for people with small households. 

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I have the bedroom telly high up in the corner out of the way. Result is that we hardly ever watch it...

Same here, we got rid of the telly in the bedroom, it was never on. Electrical items are just dust magnets.

I P Knightley
21 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

On the wall away from kids and at a nice level to watch.

Each to their own and each to their own circumstances as well. Can save space for people with small households. 

For us, it's to do with the shape of the room rather than the size. Main lounge is about 6.5m long by 3.5m wide. Door is at one end and the other end, after about 4m opens out into a dining/conservatory type space. So no TV at that 'end' as we don't want to have it as an obstacle to the open space. Seating against two walls so only one other wall feasible. One end is where the door is; other end is an alcove with a bookcase in it, so that leaves the chimney breast above the fireplace as the only option.

Looking around the house just now ('cos I'm feeling vulnerable and victimised over this), all our paintings, pictures, posters and photos are at similar heights so it's only the TV in the front room (which sits at a height of which the JKB masses would approve) that looks slightly out of place.

Needs to be eye level. It's no a picture or a mirror. It's place certainly isn't above a fireplace.

Both our tellies are on the wall at eye level but I couldn't be hooped putting wires through walls. Trunking is sufficient. Mini sky q box is tucked behind the bedroom telly in a bracket on the wall though and it's really neat. The only thing going up the trunking on the wall is a 2 socket extension cable which is also tucked behind the TV. 

JudyJudyJudy

I have. Mine on the wall . Looks smarter and less cluttered . Also it should just be above eye level but nit enough where u have to lift your head to high to watch it . Bad for posture snd neck 

Салатные палочки

The constant pawing at the screen from my wee one and having to clean it every day has me considering hanging the TV on the wall. 

37 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

The constant pawing at the screen from my wee one and having to clean it every day has me considering hanging the TV on the wall. 

pokqhzwxcs1azzo.jpg?imageId=19706524

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

pokqhzwxcs1azzo.jpg?imageId=19706524

:laugh2:

A lot less work to be fair. 

luckyBatistuta
23 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Needs to be eye level. It's no a picture or a mirror. It's place certainly isn't above a fireplace.

Both our tellies are on the wall at eye level but I couldn't be hooped putting wires through walls. Trunking is sufficient. Mini sky q box is tucked behind the bedroom telly in a bracket on the wall though and it's really neat. The only thing going up the trunking on the wall is a 2 socket extension cable which is also tucked behind the TV. 

Trunking :getout:

It’s a piece of pash to run the wires and I’m useless when it comes to diy

On 16/06/2020 at 21:23, jamborich said:

Agree. I’ve got mine on a wall bracket about 1 metre to the bottom of the tele above a unit for the missus ornaments etc.....Just a nice height imo.  

9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Do it, you'll no regret it.

Velcro the remotes and put it on your tv as well and the wee ****ers canny get your remote too

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Glottis said:

Do it, you'll no regret it.

Velcro the remotes and put it on your tv as well and the wee ****ers canny get your remote too

That's if his wee one hasn't already lost it, never to be found again. 

Been there. 

45 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Trunking :getout:

It’s a piece of pash to run the wires and I’m useless when it comes to diy

It's no the work that's the issue, I just dinnae want it done. I'm just no interested in the idea, why do folk need to pretend their telly doesnie need plugged in? Trunkings fine. It tidies it up.

Edit: adding to that, there's less than 30cm of visible wall between my telly and the telly table

Edited by IronJambo

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

It's no the work that's the issue, I just dinnae want it done. I'm just no interested in the idea, why do folk need to pretend their telly doesnie need plugged in? Trunkings fine. It tidies it up.

Edit: adding to that, there's less than 30cm of visible wall between my telly and the telly table

Wires in the wall tidies it up, trunking🤔

26 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wires in the wall tidies it up, trunking🤔

Aye, on a tiny bit of wall half a metre behind that nobody notices. White wall, white trunking. 

luckyBatistuta
31 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Aye, on a tiny bit of wall half a metre behind that nobody notices. White wall, white trunking. 

👍 think my wife’s OCD is starting to rub off on me a little, apologies if you felt I was having a go.

7 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

👍 think my wife’s OCD is starting to rub off on me a little, apologies if you felt I was having a go.

No offence taken. I'm just a knob and would debate it all day long. Peter Griffin's got a better chance of sacking this lady than there is of me backing down 😂wEYXref.png

7 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Schemie as **** and anythng over 50" just means you have a microknob.

That's a well thought out and well reasoned post. 

You probably had that sized at 40" ten years ago so well done for evolving your mind a little. 

I P Knightley
On 18/06/2020 at 11:32, Salad Fingers said:

Have you tried gloves? 

A bit of dusting gets done without too much effort. 

11 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Schemie as **** and anythng over 50" just means you have a microknob.

One at 48", the other at 49";  CHAMPION!!

tenor.gif?itemid=4654136

(Apart from the schemie bit for having one of them above the fireplace... :( )

3 hours ago, IronJambo said:

That's a well thought out and well reasoned post. 

You probably had that sized at 40" ten years ago so well done for evolving your mind a little. 

Thank you 😁

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

No offence taken. I'm just a knob and would debate it all day long. Peter Griffin's got a better chance of sacking this lady than there is of me backing down 😂wEYXref.png

:lol:👍

Put the telly where every you want to. If it's on the wall and you think it's to high. Maybe you're sitting to close and it's lip prints and not fingerprints that's the issue. 

Mines is on a telly cabinet, but I'd have it on a wall no bother, but I'd worry it would fall and hurt either my Wife, my Granddaughter or my dog.