FOUNDATION PLAZA BEER GARDEN..

kingantti1874

Take your own carry out, but donate the price of a ticket to FoH, & ask HMFC if the toilets could be used. Put Gary Mackay in the stocks & charge a £1 for a wet sponge to throw at him. Make a fortune

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Having a think about ways the club can continue to generate some money during this shit show . With the news that pubs and restaurants with outdoor spaces will likely  be allowed to open  in July, wouldn’t it be cool if we monetised the plaza. 

Brilliant idea, put it in writing 😜

On the pitch would be a tremendous idea !!  You’d get 700 - 1000 on there no problem. Groundsman would go mental though.

200 tables of 4. 800 people. 25 staff. £10k profit in 4 hours . 2 4 hour sessions a day . 1 week for the pitch to recover. Do it again once a week all summer long . Stop mid September Get the players to serve. Lol

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

On the pitch would be a tremendous idea !!  You’d get 700 - 1000 on there no problem. Groundsman would go mental though.

200 tables of 4. 800 people. 25 staff. £10k profit in 4 hours . 2 4 hour sessions a day . 1 week for the pitch to recover. Do it again once a week all summer long . Stop mid September Get the players to serve. Lol

Tables & Chairs round the track, in the old builders yard, the Plaza, the concourse corners which could hold over 1000 punters. Drink, eat & be merry. Yes I'm only dreaming.

jimmy the jambo
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Tables & Chairs round the track, in the old builders yard, the Plaza, the concourse corners which could hold over 1000 punters. Drink, eat & be merry. Yes I'm only dreaming.

That is a brilliant idea 👍🏻

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye you could book an orchestra to play, while we drink😂 that went down well with some the last time. Pitch ready for October 👍

underwaterwoodwelder
On 15/06/2020 at 23:57, Jeff said:

As long as there's bratwurst

I’ve heard through the grape vine you love the Sausage Jeff.😂🙈

1 minute ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

I’ve heard through the grape vine you love the Sausage Jeff.😂🙈

Aye I feel like a young Britney Spears

underwaterwoodwelder
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Aye I feel like a young Britney Spears

Aye mare pricks than a second hand dart board.

tynietigers
21 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Here’s what the Torphin have on display. You go to a window, order and pay contactless, get told where to wait and the barmaid brings your drinks out and lays them on a table nearby. 

14BEB234-3F00-4D91-8800-CC62C7B8FA09.jpeg

You do know that beer is well past it’s sell buy date 😬

3Bigcupsoon
Thought I would post the Email I have sent to Hearts today enquiring if Tynecastle could be used (not the pitch) as a beer garden when these premises are allowed to open. Not many pubs have outdoor facilities so there is bound to be a demand for facilities. Do supporters think this would be viable ?
#Only Hearts

I am going online today to renew my season ticket as I had always planned, but like so many was waiting for confirmation we were going to fight this ludicrous decision from the SPFL.
I am also an FOH contributor along with my son.
I am writing today to enquire if Hearts have any plans to utilise Tynecastle as a massive beer garden once Scotgov announce beer gardens can open.
There is bound to be a shortage of beer gardens when this happens and am hoping Hearts can capitalise on this and would be interested to know if Hearts have any thoughts on this proposal.
I intend to post my suggestion on Kickback to see what response it gets from fellow supporters if this was feasible.
#Hearts Only

3Bigcupsoon
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well done, who did you email

Just the Hearts email address in the hope someone will pick it up and pass it to someone who can act on it.

Didn't mean to steal your idea, maybe you could email FOH, sure they could pass on the request also, Stuart or Gary could surely at least make sure it’s looked at ?

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:
Thought I would post the Email I have sent to Hearts today enquiring if Tynecastle could be used (not the pitch) as a beer garden when these premises are allowed to open. Not many pubs have outdoor facilities so there is bound to be a demand for facilities. Do supporters think this would be viable ?
#Only Hearts

I am going online today to renew my season ticket as I had always planned, but like so many was waiting for confirmation we were going to fight this ludicrous decision from the SPFL.
I am also an FOH contributor along with my son.
I am writing today to enquire if Hearts have any plans to utilise Tynecastle as a massive beer garden once Scotgov announce beer gardens can open.
There is bound to be a shortage of beer gardens when this happens and am hoping Hearts can capitalise on this and would be interested to know if Hearts have any thoughts on this proposal.
I intend to post my suggestion on Kickback to see what response it gets from fellow supporters if this was feasible.
#Hearts Only

I wonder if a beer garden has been disallowed before as you were not allowed to take drinks into the ‘enclosed’ smoking area. 

3Bigcupsoon
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I wonder if a beer garden has been disallowed before as you were not allowed to take drinks into the ‘enclosed’ smoking area. 

Aye maybe Dave

If they have any areas they could use sure they will look into it

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, 3Bigcupsoon said:

Just the Hearts email address in the hope someone will pick it up and pass it to someone who can act on it.

Didn't mean to steal your idea, maybe you could email FOH, sure they could pass on the request also, Stuart or Gary could surely at least make sure it’s looked at ?

don’t worry about that mate, just want the club to benefit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Would Hearts not need a licence to consume alcohol outside the premises? Is there a local bylaw about drinking outside in Gorgie?

1 minute ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Works like a dream at BVB Dortmund . Virtually no need to go in the ground

Is that what happened to you? :laugh2:

Craig Herbertson
1 hour ago, kila said:

Is that what happened to you? :laugh2:

The furtherest I've got is the beer garden. Mind you Stratties provides the same kind of experience sometimes.

Anyone looking for this to happen should go along to the Torphin and buy a pint in a takeaway plastic pint holder. Then walk round the back of the Toby Carvery and consume it there. Repeat this about a dozen times or so until ‘8pm closing time.’ Then check the state of the place when everyone leaves. Not sure this would be a welcome suggestion unless full welfare facilities were in place. 

the general
2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Anyone looking for this to happen should go along to the Torphin and buy a pint in a takeaway plastic pint holder. Then walk round the back of the Toby Carvery and consume it there. Repeat this about a dozen times or so until ‘8pm closing time.’ Then check the state of the place when everyone leaves. Not sure this would be a welcome suggestion unless full welfare facilities were in place. 

Would be a completely different set up

There would be table service , toilets , staff clearing up etc

37 minutes ago, the general said:

Would be a completely different set up

There would be table service , toilets , staff clearing up etc

Perfect. We should open tomorrow and play the audio from court of session,

live  over the PA system. Be better than watching the game 🇱🇻

Scottish Government just updated guidance today. Confirms toilet facilities can be used for beer gardens etc. 

I'm pretty close to a lot of this with work. Happy to discuss with the club if they think it's a possibility. 

Local Authorities been told by the Gov to be flexible with occasional licenses. Good chance they would get one if they applied, question would be if it would be profitable or not. Any sniff of trouble and it be closed as well, would need a good amount of security. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Scottish Government just updated guidance today. Confirms toilet facilities can be used for beer gardens etc. 

I'm pretty close to a lot of this with work. Happy to discuss with the club if they think it's a possibility. 

Local Authorities been told by the Gov to be flexible with occasional licenses. Good chance they would get one if they applied, question would be if it would be profitable or not. Any sniff of trouble and it be closed as well, would need a good amount of security. 

Yep Chain Pier down from me got their takeaway licence really quickly. Shouldn't be a problem with security we could Police it ourselves only Hearts songs allowed. :toasting::crowngrin: 

3 hours ago, kila said:

Will we ever get the trees?

This is the main issue I think. The trees...& the bloody big mural!!! Wheres that then???

willie wallace
14 hours ago, kila said:

Will we ever get the trees?

I was there the other day.It does look a bit sad at times.😢

Hawick Rugby Club have been given permission to open a beer garden on their pitch next week. It is to hold up to 150. A precedent has been set and the authorities may be happy to look at applications for suitable sites. And no, I'm not suggesting we site ours on the hybrid pitch. Not after the opening concert for the festival last year.

Wouldn't be susprised if this was blocked due to a school being across the road, even though it's the school holidays.

I was happily drinking on the pitch whilst at the festival opening last year, so licence could already be in place for Tynecastle out door areas, maybe need to fence off the plaza and do table service but this is a great idea whoever came up with it 👍

4 hours ago, bn jambo said:

I was happily drinking on the pitch whilst at the festival opening last year, so licence could already be in place for Tynecastle out door areas, maybe need to fence off the plaza and do table service but this is a great idea whoever came up with it 👍

Rules relaxed for August during the festival so not sure Hearts have that all the time. But these circumstances mean we need that. It's almost August anyway, they could just put up the usual traffic restrictions and prop up a socially distanced mini festival for the folk who live here.