FOUNDATION PLAZA BEER GARDEN..

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

Having a think about ways the club can continue to generate some money during this shit show . With the news that pubs and restaurants with outdoor spaces will likely  be allowed to open  in July, wouldn’t it be cool if we monetised the plaza. 

Think we should turn outside away venues into beer gardens for 90minutes don't pay them any money maximum clean up costs

Doctor FinnBarr
32 minutes ago, Jeff said:

As long as there's bratwurst

Now we're talking....with mustard of course.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Having a think about ways the club can continue to generate some money during this shit show . With the news that pubs and restaurants with outdoor spaces will likely  be allowed to open  in July, wouldn’t it be cool if we monetised the plaza. 

Was thinking about it yesterday could be a decent money maker

Good idea, but social distancing would  still be in place, and fans could not mingle at all.    Not sure how viable it would be, with staffing and other costs.  

Worth considering, though.  

Tennant's  6's
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good idea, we need to look at every avenue possible that could generate the club money. 

Given the criticism of the sterile atmosphere in the club bar, maybe you should be the new manager, as that's some good thinking. 

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, Paolo said:

Good idea, but social distancing would  still be in place, and fans could not mingle at all.    Not sure how viable it would be, with staffing and other costs.  

Could have fooled me that social distancing was still in place. 

The Treasurer

Add a couple of giant screens for watching live games/beambacks (unless the "cancel Sky" group object of course)

Psychedelicropcircle

Choking for a beer that isn’t in a garden / house. 

In please👍

All roads lead to Gorgie

Maybe the club could sell beer vouchers that could be purchased beforehand so queuing each time you bought drinks would be less. Just have pints ready to pick up from an outside table or something like that.

Great idea if they can get permission from the council it's something that should be done.

If noise would be a problem, could they use the stands for seating? 😱

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Choking for a beer that isn’t in a garden / house. 

In please👍

Went for a pint at the Torphin (Oak) in Corstorphine on Sunday. Good but plastic glass in the street wasn’t quite the same. Better than house / garden though. 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Great idea if they can get permission from the council it's something that should be done.

Here’s what the Torphin have on display. You go to a window, order and pay contactless, get told where to wait and the barmaid brings your drinks out and lays them on a table nearby. 

14BEB234-3F00-4D91-8800-CC62C7B8FA09.jpeg

Need some of the local Edinburgh breweries to get involved with the beer supply.

They need to add the trees too, so we can enjoy the stand with less grey panels visible.

Italian Lambretta

Why dont we organise a fundraiser in Plaza for the legal fund under the guise of Hearts Lives Matter

Huge beer garden

The Natural Order
11 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Great idea, but could they possibly sell some decent beer though?

This. The prices in the bar are really really good but the offering is poor.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

Where would you go for a piss? 

The front door of the SPFL offices would be a good shout!

No Easter Rd is closer 😉

53 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

With over 500 council staff on furlough I doubt the licensing dept is open to be able to process an extension to our license

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It will be a no from Budge

The Budge that set up a ‘fans bar’ at Tynecastle? You’re trying too hard today. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The Budge that set up a ‘fans bar’ at Tynecastle? You’re trying too hard today. 

There is zero chance she will allow an outside piss up garden Dave.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There is zero chance she will allow an outside piss up garden Dave.

I think there is zero chance of the licensing board allowing it. 

Auld Reekin'
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who can I get in touch with to suggest it? 

Daniel Stendel enjoys a pint, I've heard...   :whistling:

Good idea though!   :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Paolo said:

If the social distancing rules are relaxed to 1mtr rather than 2mtrs it might help.

Toilets though could be a bigger problem.

Must be worth investigating though

3 hours ago, true-jambo said:

If the social distancing rules are relaxed to 1mtr rather than 2mtrs it might help.

Supermarkets, Petrol stations, DIY centres etc... Have available toilets. Toilets aren't a issue. Unless you want to use your mate's or family member's who live locally. 

Edited by ri Alban

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Supermarkets, Petrol stations, DIY centres etc... Have available toilets. Toilets aren't a issue. Unless you want to use your mate's or family member's who live locally. 

I appreciate that but I don't think there are many such outlets close to McLeod Street. Those along Dalry Road might not be too happy with an influx of people just in to use their toilets

Glamorgan Jambo

Aren’t the Corn Exchange planning to

convert their huge car park into an outdoor pub for the summer? If they can do it then why can’t we. I’d be up for it over the summer if I was permitted both to leave Wales, and then enter Scotland.  

The Real Maroonblood
16 hours ago, Jeff said:

As long as there's bratwurst

16 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Now we're talking....with mustard of course.

👍

4 hours ago, true-jambo said:

Toilets on Gorgie stand concourse could be used. They would be safer than most pub toilets because of the size of them.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think there is zero chance of the licensing board allowing it. 

Probably not as a straightforward piss up. They might allow it if there were market stalls or some form of attraction other than getting blootered. It probably wouldn’t get a late licence in any case but afternoon/early evening might work licensing officers are still working (from home - my brother works for that department - I’ll ask him what the view MIGHT be)

gashauskis9

They’ve got a massive beer garden the size of a football pitch about 50 yards away, let’s think big 👍👍👍

Update.

Brother reckons getting  occasional licences would be okay. no covered areas (such as gazebos or marquees)all seated (no bar and no standing area) table service only with full SD measures in place and protected one way routes to and from toilets. Environmental Health would need to inspect and approve and they will give maximum numbers to be strictly observed (so probably ticket only entry) unlikely to get occasional licence before 12 or after 9pm for an outdoor temporary beer garden in a residential area.

Edited by JimmyCant

48 minutes ago, obua said:

Toilets on Gorgie stand concourse could be used. They would be safer than most pub toilets because of the size of them.

Where there's a way etc. 

Someone on this thread mentioned the Torfin in Corstorphine serving beer.

I walked passed there today and it looks like they are building what looks like outside booths to accommodate customers.

So a bit of lateral thinking can overcome some perceived problems

davemclaren
46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Update.

Brother reckons getting  occasional licences would be okay. no covered areas (such as gazebos or marquees)all seated (no bar and no standing area) table service only with full SD measures in place and protected one way routes to and from toilets. Environmental Health would need to inspect and approve and they will give maximum numbers to be strictly observed (so probably ticket only entry) unlikely to get occasional licence before 12 or after 9pm for an outdoor temporary beer garden in a residential area.

👍