Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

complete control
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

When the Damned United was released the Clough family were not happy about the portrayal of Clough especially his frequent use of foul language. Michael Sheen was asked about it on a R5 interview (which I heard) and he basically said quite forcefully the portrayal was a true  reflection of the man and clearly the family version of Clough was very different from the footballing version. 

Did Dave no sue the makers of the film ? Thought I heard this .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

CF11JamTart
41 minutes ago, complete control said:

Did Dave no sue the makers of the film ? Thought I heard this .

I'm not sure... but i think Johnny Giles' family were really unhappy too.

I enjoyed the book. It was well-written and it pulled no punches,  but I frequently wondered how much of it was strictly accurate. It felt like  work of fiction,  based around real events and real people. 

The Clough biographies by Duncan Hamilton and Jonathan Wilson are botj excellent if you're in to football biogs. 

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Spotted this on Instagram a while back. Forgot I had taken a screenshot of it. 

State of it :laugh:

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... AAAAAAAAAAH.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

😅

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Provided you don't kiss me by Duncan Hamilton? It's one of my favourite football books.

That's the one, an excellent book.

1 hour ago, CF11JamTart said:

I'm not sure... but i think Johnny Giles' family were really unhappy too.

I enjoyed the book. It was well-written and it pulled no punches,  but I frequently wondered how much of it was strictly accurate. It felt like  work of fiction,  based around real events and real people. 

The Clough biographies by Duncan Hamilton and Jonathan Wilson are botj excellent if you're in to football biogs. 

It was - a dramatisation of events.

after today's announcement they think it will be 10k in the stadium by Sept 14th 

They are living in a dream world and I look forward to the snotters and tears when the season tickets start getting reclaimed.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Losses in England 

20200730_132705.jpg

£77 to watch a game of football :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 😅

2E8F7522-B5A2-44F5-A3BE-9E525CD34A99.jpeg

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 😅

2E8F7522-B5A2-44F5-A3BE-9E525CD34A99.jpeg

could have at least used a pair of compasses to get a perfect circle 

Just now, Furious Styles said:

could have at least used a pair of compasses to get a perfect circle 

Can’t believe I missed this 15 years ago. Been a while since I’ve seen something so utterly and absolutely quintessential Hibs! 😅

We need to bring out a strip celebrating the time we turned down the opportunity to be the first British club in Europe. 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅🥺😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Spotted this on Instagram a while back. Forgot I had taken a screenshot of it. 

State of it :laugh:

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg

What and embarrasment, proper cringeworthy stuff from them 😂

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Is that supposed to be the glow of the famous Easter Road floodlights? 

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg.7d8e779056383d597f443fb1795bee4c.jpg

First to have floodlights and a pitch  with a slope.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Missed out

Well... that’s East Fife added to the ***** list, then. 

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Is that supposed to be the glow of the famous Easter Road floodlights? 

Screenshot_20200726-083234_Instagram.jpg.745af2e4eb66f0a2310e3004a6275431.jpg.7d8e779056383d597f443fb1795bee4c.jpg

No. It’s the beamer from the few normal ***** that support them.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Amazed the floodlight didn't lean. 

Could really have put Lochend on the map, tourist wise. The Leaning Towers of Easter (Road). 

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

No. It’s the beamer from the few normal ***** that support them.

Name one. 😂

3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Name one. 😂

A lassie I used to work with... anecdotal, I know. ☹️

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Name one. 😂

My mum has her moments I suppose

Edited by trotter

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Maybe explains the slope on that map!

3fingersreid

Taken from the hibs historical trust , 

not even close to being first , when they did get their pylons we pumped them 2-0 , probably cheated them in doing so 

93DEA528-B5CE-49F0-8BF1-DEB7DC5F9604.png

Geddyalexneil
51 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

not even close to being first , when they did get their pylons we pumped them 2-0 , probably cheated them in doing so 

If only they knew their history! 

Always, absolutely ALWAYS in our shadow!

10 minutes ago, Geddyalexneil said:

If only they knew their history! 

Always, absolutely ALWAYS in our shadow!

Without floodlights they didn't even have their own shadow.

Tramps

Edited by trotter

Geddyalexneil
1 hour ago, trotter said:

Without floodlights they didn't even have their own shadow.

Tramps

😂 Very true!

complete control

I heard yesterday their famous kit man tam got his job back on a part time basis. That was from a scout who lost his job.

andyscott82
16 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

My old dear’s uncle scored in that game 👍🏻

3fingersreid
17 minutes ago, andyscott82 said:

My old dear’s uncle scored in that game 👍🏻

👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

maroonlegions

The first to not only play down a slope, but to  have hibsed it under the floodlights to. FTH. The first to have a word after them added to the English dictionary. "hibsed"..... it. 

Ronald Villiers

Spoke to the wife of an old workmate who said that her laddie is with Hibs Academy team.  I asked about them apparently binning the academy teams.  She said that they were told via video conference at the start of lockdown that they would be in touch in a few days with their plans for her son.  The only update has been to tell her not to believe rumours that the academy will be moth balled and that they would be in touch in a couple of days.  That was 6 weeks ago.  Tin pot club.  

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Spoke to the wife of an old workmate who said that her laddie is with Hibs Academy team.  I asked about them apparently binning the academy teams.  She said that they were told via video conference at the start of lockdown that they would be in touch in a few days with their plans for her son.  The only update has been to tell her not to believe rumours that the academy will be moth balled and that they would be in touch in a couple of days.  That was 6 weeks ago.  Tin pot club.  

I believe their academy is resuming today. This from the father who has a son there. Is not a Hibs supporter, far from it.

3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I believe their academy is resuming today. This from the father who has a son there. Is not a Hibs supporter, far from it.

Heard the same, also heard a number of their staff are going through redundancy process

52 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They will get at least 3 million for Boyle in the last year of his contract 😂😂😂

More likely he'll leave for free.

I'm mostly ignoring Scottish football just now but got a good laugh at some of the comments on Boyle's value.