Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Some very strange business practices going on at Hibs. I don't understand why they would pie off half their staff, wage cuts, mothball their academy etc.... To sign some fat huddy from Dunfermline for 250k. Very strange. Don't get it. 

Fat huddy 😂 love it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

👍 think he's meant 'growing concern' there. 🤣

Ah. That's much better, neil. 😁👍

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Lewis Stevenson standing beside a row of wilted pot plants... totally indistinguishable. Same trick he’s pulled for the last 13 years, and **** knows how many managers.

Include Alex McLeish as Scotland manager, but he was having a senior moment to be fair like the people who appointed him.

10 hours ago, martoon said:

Isn't "a going concern" a good thing? Not going bust, perhaps even the opposite. 

Yeah, it is, bit I think he has just badly worded his tweet.  When he says 'teetering on the brink' I think he means they are only just hanging on as a going concern, although it's hard to believe that if things were that bad, they'd be signing players.  In fact, I'm sure it would be unlawful.

The directors have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of a company, they would hardly be doing that if they signed players when they knew their financial situation was so perilous.  They might also be in breach of SPFL rules.  Signing a player from another member club when you are aware you might to be able to pay for him is hardly acting in utmost good faith to that club.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, it is, bit I think he has just badly worded his tweet.  When he says 'teetering on the brink' I think he means they are only just hanging on as a going concern, although it's hard to believe that if things were that bad, they'd be signing players.  In fact, I'm sure it would be unlawful.

The directors have a fiduciary duty to act in the best interests of a company, they would hardly be doing that if they signed players when they knew their financial situation was so perilous.  They might also be in breach of SPFL rules.  Signing a player from another member club when you are aware you might to be able to pay for him is hardly acting in utmost good faith to that club.

I agree, Rob. The cost cutting and redundancies then signing players is disgraceful but doesn't suggest there's an imminent financial event

Pity. 

But I do get the feeling, fuelled by wishful thinking perhaps, that it will come down the line. After Romanov, the thought of being at the mercy of just one individual isn't a pleasant one. A club is always just a lost £1 or a mood swing away from going pop.  

Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

It could be a cash flow thing. Paying out for signings before they've sold kamberi or baldy Boyle. Or of course before they get their grubby jakeball mitts on their guaranteed multi millions sell-on when mcginn is sold by villa for billions 🙄

I agree about applying salt to Joe Black’s tweets, but... Let’s look at the evidence of what’s going on at Hibs too:

Reportedly 70 staff being laid off.

Shutting down the academy, albeit they are claiming this is temporary.

Those are pretty big red flags. Before C19 they were not in a particularly great position anyway. Gordon came in and immediately slapped floating charges over everything they own. He snatched away the carrot of shares for HSL, and then told them they must “pony up” to pay for a new indoor training pitch at their training centre, because he wanted to concentrate on youth and bringing through talent to sell on.

Looks to me like Gordon’s original plan was to come in, give himself a salary to start getting his initial outlay back. Then to protect his stake, he Put the floating charges over all their properties and assets. He’ll have had his eye on the McGinn sell on fee, and would recognise that and deals like it, as the only realistic way of making any money, outside of selling the land. In order to make money from transfers he’d want to be able to attract promising youngsters, and that’s easier with a modern and up to standard training centre and academy. **** paying for it when you can hijack HSL and transform it in to a repayment vehicle though. Take away the offer of shares because why would he want the supporters to have any say in what happens with any money that comes in to the club? No far better to have complete control of any money the fans put in. Gordon can then front the money for things like indoor pitches, and he’s guaranteed to recoup it through HSL, as he has security over all their properties as leverage.

C19 hits and suddenly everything has changed. Gordon swiftly sends out a communication claiming they are in serious financial trouble. The Hibs support look across the city and see the FoH cash flowing in and think “Okay, we could do with a bit of that” so back it slithers from the shadows. This is perfect for Gordon, as it means HSL has been transformed in to a funding vehicle without any coercing from him. The offer of shares is no longer available to them, and it’s now a just a way of getting money off the fans. Money that he controls completely. 

I think he’s got them completely stitched up to be honest. If things go any more pear shaped, he can just sell up or put them in to administration and get his money back through the floating charges. He could even separate the stadium and training centre from the club and rent it back to them once they exit admin. Or just sell it all off and take his money and run.

🐴⬆️

14 hours ago, Rods said:

Trampling over hard working local staff to sign some boy from Dunfermline when they  have the boy Gullan from their academy in the same position.

Community club that does not care about the community. 

Gullan was/is a big Jambo would be So pleasing if he came here 

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Rods said:

Trampling over hard working local staff to sign some boy from Dunfermline when they  have the boy Gullan from their academy in the same position.

Community club that does not care about the community. 

The "boy Gullan" is actually from our academy. 

25 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The "boy Gullan" is actually from our academy. 

19 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Yip was decent as well.

Whats Oli Shaw up to these days?

Rick Sanchez
31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Whats Oli Shaw up to these days?

One of the best young strikers in Europe is currently at Dingwall.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

One of the best young strikers in Europe is currently at Dingwall.

Oh... we certainly missed a trick there. Let’s hope this Gullan chap doesn’t go on to prove us wrong again. :(

Life’s a beach sometimes.

One problem for Hibs - Jack Grealish.

Villa may be able to keep McGinn to lead their Championship campaign next season.

That is if they do go down of course. 

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

One problem for Hibs - Jack Grealish.

Villa may be able to keep McGinn to lead their Championship campaign next season.

That is if they do go down of course. 

I was told by someone supposedly in the know about their affairs that their entire financial strategy is built rounds getting money when/if McGinn moves from Villa. If that doesn’t  not happen for what ever reason then they have problems.

3 hours ago, Deevers said:

I was told by someone supposedly in the know about their affairs that their entire financial strategy is built rounds getting money when/if McGinn moves from Villa. If that doesn’t  not happen for what ever reason then they have problems.

Hope he sprains his arse.

Birregrande
22 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Such good films. 1&2 anyway. I actually don’t hate 3 though, tbh. Then again, I liked Alien 3 as well. I’m maybe not the best critic. 🤔🤣

Bravo sir! - Fincher's director' cut of Alien 3 is actually the best of the whole series!

8 minutes ago, Birregrande said:

Bravo sir! - Fincher's director' cut of Alien 3 is actually the best of the whole series!

Top film imo. 👍

4 minutes ago, Whatever said:

That’s a career ender.

It is for that pear-shaped freak.

vlad on the tyne

This we are all hibs slogan clearly doesn't apply to the redundant staff? Ron the con really does know how to reel in the gullable.  Tick tock 

TyphoonJambo
51 minutes ago, Whatever said:

That’s a career ender.

Bummer😉 or did you mean Rear ender? 

Edited by TypoonJambo

21 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

This we are all hibs slogan clearly doesn't apply to the redundant staff? Ron the con really does know how to reel in the gullable.  Tick tock 

I love that slogan. I’ve used the word Hibs as a synonym for shite for years. Amuses me to read it as “We are all shite”. 

jamboinglasgow

Does anyone else think that Ron Gordon is using the Covid19 crisis to get away with severe cutting, in that the club is not in danger of going under but he can pretend things are very serious forcing players to change their contracts to something cheaper for Hibs, get rid of a lot of staff easier to cut back running, setting Hibs up from a lean position they can build on. He gets a few players in including spending £250k on a player knowing that the fans wont complain about things if they think the first is getting stronger.

Basically he is doing some pretty bad cuts but using signing players to divert the attention of fans and the media

7 hours ago, Deevers said:

I've mentioned before. I've heard from.a hibs fan that a good percentage of any sell on for McGinn goes to.petrie and farmer

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Does anyone else think that Ron Gordon is using the Covid19 crisis to get away with severe cutting, in that the club is not in danger of going under but he can pretend things are very serious forcing players to change their contracts to something cheaper for Hibs, get rid of a lot of staff easier to cut back running, setting Hibs up from a lean position they can build on. He gets a few players in including spending £250k on a player knowing that the fans wont complain about things if they think the first is getting stronger.

Basically he is doing some pretty bad cuts but using signing players to divert the attention of fans and the media

Kit man next to go

Sorry but allowing players to be signed and paying a fee for some is just wrong whilst you are sacking/making redundant staff members

Long-standing kitman Tam McCourt is set to be axed as part of Hibs’ savage cost-cutting exercise – just days after the club splashed out on three signings.

A staff consultation process is ongoing at Easter Road as Ron Gordon looks to stem heavy losses in the face of the coronavirus crisis.

Kitman McCourt, a popular figure around Easter Road for decades, is among the group facing the chop.

And it’s believed as many as 70 employees could be made redundant in total.

Wasn't Ron Gordon pictured chatting with him just a day or two ago? 

Ruthless. 

Wonder what the vermin fans think of this. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, gjcc said:

BRUTALLY AXED!!

No picture with an axe in Rons hands 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

59 minutes ago, Homme said:

Wasn't Ron Gordon pictured chatting with him just a day or two ago? 

Ruthless. 

Wonder what the vermin fans think of this. 

No, it was a story from when he first took over, I think. c2019. 

Dallas Green

I'm glad we have an owner who wants to look after the wee guys and gals who work for us. 

Not some mercenary from across the water who wants to shut major departments down and sack long serving staff.

3 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I'm glad we have an owner who wants to look after the wee guys and gals who work for us. 

Not some mercenary from across the water who wants to shut major departments down and sack long serving staff.

Absolutely. We are very lucky. ☺️

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Absolutely. We are very lucky. ☺️

We really are. 

Having someone who cares for the club over someone making a profit at any cost is very pleasing. I take great pleasure telling this to any Hibs fans I know.

Hibs class . Sack staff, defer and cut wages

but pay for 3 players.

and hardly a peep. Fraser Wishart ? Kevin Harper ? McManus ?

all had plenty to say about us.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

We really are. 

Having someone who cares for the club over someone making a profit at any cost is very pleasing. I take great pleasure telling this to any Hibs fans I know.

Also worth pointing out that it’s this ethical business practise that made the Anderson and other benefactors contributions possible. ☺️

Leveins Battalion

Clear as mud what Ron Gordons plans are.Laying off people who have dedicated decades of work why signing players is morally wrong,however he sees them as assets.

Everything to RG is an asset,from.the stadium that he has a floating charge on to the training barn to the players.Any staff who have no monetary value are expendable.

Shameless,disgusting organisation.

Edited by Leveins Battalion

This whole situation is a complete disgrace. If it was Hearts, I'd be angry.

Back when all the furloughing started, I lambasted the thought of any big EPL clubs using the scheme to cover staff wages but then talking up multi-million pound moves, so for any interlopers, it's not just a Hibs hatred thing.

highlandjambo3

Reference kit man, I Don’t think you can just bin someone.

I used to work for a fairly large company who “moved the goal posts” at the end of one contract to try and look attractive to renew the same contract in a bid to outdo companies who were tendering for the same contract (it worked) so:

1.  A favourite cost cutting measure is to reduce the number of staff you have, this can be done (over time) by stopping recruiting and natural wastage (retirements or people moving on) will bring down the numbers however, this does take time.

2.  Redundancies were offered To thin down man power even more (see one above)

3.  Re-jig job specifications and job titles.  Because you have less people, those people left then need to do more jobs, this is a kind of cloak & dagger way of trying to force redundancies when people are TOLD they will be required to do more, some will say “I’m not doing that” and off they go (see one above) It’s not illegal, companies do it all the time saying things like “we are stream lining/becoming more productive”.  Quite often in the details of your new job spec will say something like “This list is not exclusive and, you may be required to do similar types of work not listed” an HR smart arsed way of adding anything else in they see fit in the future.

Points to note:  A. You cannot make someone redundant then employ someone else in that same job role (hence the job title change)
                             B. You need to have given everyone fair notice (we spent a year moulding this change) and, unions need to be kept in  
                                  the loop.

To sack someone on the spot they must have breached company rules, gross misconduct (not just misconduct), theft, assault, etc...are just two on the spot sackable offences.

So, the kit man cannot just be punted.....there may be an enhanced redundancy package based on how long he has been there.

p.s.  I moved on mainly because all the suits, company car & expenses gang were not effected, just the ones at the bottom.

Edited by highlandjambo3

13 hours ago, Birregrande said:

That's a bold claim given Cameron's Director Cut of Aliens! I really like the 3rd one, always have. Its a bit different and Fincher (one of my favourite directors) did really well with what he was given by the studios, but the best is still Aliens (DC). 

Anyway, where's aw these cants in the media that gave us a hard time when an unconfirmed email to agents was leaked from the club a couple months back. You'd have thought they would be lining up to take a similar potshot at this bunch of shameless chancers.

jack D and coke
On 11/07/2020 at 09:03, Ronald Villiers said:

The Sun is now reporting that Big Ron wants to stop bonus and appearance money for players.  Meanwhile Hibs are looking to bin up to 70 staff, but can find the money for Nesbit and offering contracts to Wright and Gogic.

Danny Galbraith Daily Record article mentions that the new signings and cash being spent won't sit well with current players.

What a tin pot club they really are.  I bet their players and staff are spewing.  I wouldn't be surprised if the players tell Ron to ram it.  I wonder if that rocket Tam McManus thinks this is ok and has had his say on twitter.

I’ve been asking him pretty regularly his views on these things and I’d ask him again but he’s blocked me now :lol:  
What an absolute ****ing arsehole of a man that is. The fact bitter little halfwits like him get a platform to put their views across about the nations favourite game is laughable. 
The standard of the game here is summed up by the standard of the pundits. 
An all round embarrassment. 

firsttimecaller

The “cost-cutting” that appears to be taking place at Hibs would seem worrying. My suspicion is that actually most clubs will be doing this somewhere along the line. Fundamentally, the first-team is the key component of any sports team and so that can be used as a justification for spending money on players. However, morally, that still doesn’t sit right.

I think it would be a brave club who chose to move on / sell higher earners and then promoted youth from within the club to fill those gaps in the squad. Part of me hoped that COVID19 would’ve created an atmosphere where many more young players were given opportunities within first teams at all levels. I’m not so sure this is going to happen as much as it could’ve. 

The reported cutbacks at Hibs perhaps need taken with a pinch of salt. Seventy employees sounds huge for any organisation of their size and equates to a large number of their staff surely. Whether or not these are actually non-permanent/seasonal roles such as food kiosk/hospitality remains to be be seen. The loss of youth coaches and the apparent moth balling of their academy should be concerning for their supporters, though part of me assumed that actually a lot of clubs may choose to look at this model, rightly or wrongly.

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, firsttimecaller said:

The “cost-cutting” that appears to be taking place at Hibs would seem worrying. My suspicion is that actually most clubs will be doing this somewhere along the line. Fundamentally, the first-team is the key component of any sports team and so that can be used as a justification for spending money on players. However, morally, that still doesn’t sit right.

I think it would be a brave club who chose to move on / sell higher earners and then promoted youth from within the club to fill those gaps in the squad. Part of me hoped that COVID19 would’ve created an atmosphere where many more young players were given opportunities within first teams at all levels. I’m not so sure this is going to happen as much as it could’ve. 

The reported cutbacks at Hibs perhaps need taken with a pinch of salt. Seventy employees sounds huge for any organisation of their size and equates to a large number of their staff surely. Whether or not these are actually non-permanent/seasonal roles such as food kiosk/hospitality remains to be be seen. The loss of youth coaches and the apparent moth balling of their academy should be concerning for their supporters, though part of me assumed that actually a lot of clubs may choose to look at this model, rightly or wrongly.

Hibs PR in action.

2 minutes ago, firsttimecaller said:

The reported cutbacks at Hibs perhaps need taken with a pinch of salt. Seventy employees sounds huge for any organisation of their size and equates to a large number of their staff surely. Whether or not these are actually non-permanent/seasonal roles such as food kiosk/hospitality remains to be be seen.

That is the exact line the bitter vermin wanks of dot.nut and Twitter are trotting out. :lol: