• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I feel sorry for the coaches within the Academy, total disgrace from Hibs.

Especially moving forward after these testing times, academies are going to be worth there weight in gold for all clubs in terms of player progression into 1st team football. 

Rick Sanchez

If you could walk into a store and hand pick a derby rival for yourself, you would pick Hibs. And not only did we pick them, they were beautifully gift wrapped and placed in a decorative box.

How did we get so lucky!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Especially moving forward after these testing times, academies are going to be worth there weight in gold for all clubs in terms of player progression into 1st team football. 

It's a very bad sign, especially for a club that previously boasted about their youth policy and considered it part of their identity. Worrying on many levels for them. There's the loss of their young players as cheap first team players, the fact that more of the best local youngsters will go to their rivals, the loss of potential future transfer fees and also the fact that it's a sign their new owner really doesn't get the club and what's important to their fans - or he does but doesn't care.

3 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

It is a disgrace.

It's an insult to all the fine people who have worked hard in often difficult circumstances. Made sacrifices.

Going back even say to Kenny Waugh who worked hard with others in the 80s when Hibs struggled to attract good youngsters in competition with the likes of Hearts. So much hard work and effort.

Disgrace really. 

Greedy Jambo

I've been reading some of hibs.net and they call a lot us on here delusional ( i think some of us are to be fair) but they're being highly hypocritical now.

While sitting in penthouse in america, ron has decided to scrap the entire youth academy 😂

One of the worst decisions he could ever make and not a lot being said about it. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just noticed the wee guy behind him SHAVING his lips 😱🤔🙈😆

He was using it on his wrists at 1645.

TyphoonJambo
6 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

2020-06-20_14-32-17-169.jpeg

2020-06-20_14-29-40-888.jpeg

Pretty shitty hibby, ya fookin welt😁😁😊

2 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Yea me to i want them deed gone bust blootered kaput they wanted us dead fek them 

37 minutes ago, Yoda said:

He was using it on his wrists at 1645.

Come on man it’s a bairn...

his uncle-dad would have made him leave after the 3rd went in. 

Finlay James

Hibsing it as always.

i know they haven't been our rivals for 30+ years but I still love to see them royally **** up and they're doing it spectacularly right now.

jamboinglasgow

The Sun claiming Stoke are after Boyle and will pay £1m for him.

No way would Hibs get that much for a player who has a year left on their contract while they have well publicised financial issues.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Meanwhile 

Just want to bump this post.

Oor Ann!

What abuse she's taken but what a leader she's been for our club these last 3 months.

There's concrete discussions of Hibs shutting their academy in the press but in hibs.net this is the 11th most popular topic, where as threads related to hearts take up 5 of the top 10 threads. **** me have they lost the plot? Who in their right minds  is interested in another club over the development of theirs.

jamboinglasgow

Hibs fans are being what they are always been, more obsessed by us and focused on seeing our downfall then concentrating on our club. I would be horrified if Hearts academy was being closed and years of hard work done behind the scenes was gone in a flash.

Guest ToqueJambo

July 2019: "We would want the academy to be the best in Scotland." - Ron Gordon, in the DR

June 2020: "Hibs set to axe academy." - DR

When he came in his "masterplan" was quoted as having two pillars:

“An indoor facility so that we can attract the best players and the best youth players and provide the community with a great facility in which to enjoy football."

Secondly the academy. We would want the academy to be the best in Scotland."

Hope he's got a plan B. Axing the youth academy is incredibly short-sighted. It's the perfect opportunity to bring youngsters through. Most other clubs are releasing more expensive senior pros and signing up their youngsters.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I Really shouldn't be checking that website, but now 6 out out of top 10 threads are hearts related but academy closure is number 15. Are these mutants for real. I would be devastated if stories were coming out about stories like this with Hearts.

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

So you come on here and start a thread about Hibs. 👀 

Yeah you've got a point. Can't help my self. Got so angry about it. I'll think before I post next time. 

Just now, jager man said:

Yeah you've got a point. Can't help my self. Got so angry about it. I'll think before I post next time. 

The skid mark down my toilet right now is more important. Don’t be angry.

I stay off their shitty little forum. 

The Hearts obsession is nothing new. Its kinda a compliment really, rent free since 2012 (although much earlier than that tbh). 

Sad little hobos. Rons shutting your academy and all you can do is fixate on the Jambos :D What an existence.

Mercer was doing them a favour. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I stay off their shitty little forum. 

The Hearts obsession is nothing new. Its kinda a compliment really, rent free since 2012 (although much earlier than that tbh). 

Sad little hobos. Rons shutting your academy and all you can do is fixate on the Jambos :D What an existence.

Mercer was doing them a favour. 

Very rarely go on it my self.  Just thought when I heard the rumours that I would gauge their opinion. Still haven't got that opinion as they are still talking about Hertz. Weirdos

1 minute ago, jager man said:

Very rarely go on it my self.  Just thought when I heard the rumours that I would gauge their opinion. Still haven't got that opinion as they are still talking about Hertz. Weirdos

Their fixation on our club is beyond vindictive. 

Its weird and really sad. Can you imagine taking time out of your life to write to administrators in another country with the fleeting hope it might kill off your rivals? Weird ****ing behaviour man. 

If they focused half as much on their own club as they do ours they'd maybe be in a better position to weather this crisis. 

pettigrewsstylist

They are in absolute denial. HSL owns shares, FOH own next to zilch, and never will. Budge  is gonna shaft yous etc etc 

1 hour ago, jager man said:

don’t apologise.  These roasters closing down their lauded academy is a telling sign regarding their owners mindset. Tickety Tock. Oh the irony.

Its actually a tragic step and if it was us in their SPL position I’d be shitting bricks with him in charge.

But not to worry, they did the right thing by deferring wages. They’ll be due soon as well. Their SKY payment may cover it .......oh wait 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by 1971fozzy

In case anyone forgets, the dearly departed AA Gill wrote possibly his finest piece about that day out with his pal, Dingbat Scott. 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oor Ann!

What abuse she's taken but what a leader she's been for our club these last 3 months.

There was quite a few on here as well who were embarrassed about it.

Edited by benny

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oor Ann!

Couldn't agree more Big O, I hope a lot of those that were castigating Ann earlier in the season have changed their tune.  Actually, it's funny that most of the more critical voices seem to have gone very quiet. I8women has been very conspicuous by his absence.

Finlay James
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Oor Ann!

Ann is one of the few people in Scottish football that I pay any attention to.  When she talks I listen because she's miles ahead in her thinking.

I don’t think we will be shutting our academy anytime soon.

Levein was talking it up last week in the press.

Someone on here will probably confirm more details about that side of the club but I work with a guy whose laddie was in Hearts youth set up and he said Hearts were fantastic on that front. 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Said it on another thread, it’s an absolute disgrace.

Especially for the coaches now out of work and the young players invoked within the academy.

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Couldn't agree more Big O, I hope a lot of those that were castigating Ann earlier in the season have changed their tune.  Actually, it's funny that most of the more critical voices seem to have gone very quiet. I8women has been very conspicuous by his absence.

Yup I saw that fool pop up on the day the recon crumbled, grumbling his usual shite. Funny thing how you can totally avoid something until it just about suits your agenda. He was sent scuttling off.

Didn't used to mind him either, but he's become intolerable.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Ann is one of the few people in Scottish football that I pay any attention to.  When she talks I listen because she's miles ahead in her thinking.

Definitely. Such a massive shame how bad we've been on the park cos she has been unbelievably good for Hearts. The rest of Scottish football should have been listening closely to her.

I mean, how often do we get a successful entrepreneur come in to our game, with no vested interest (by which I mean she's not, by her own admission, someone steeped in football, so doesn't have our prejudices and blindness) and a real verve to do things differently and get everyone together to better the game. And she's been saying these things for years now. And was basically ridiculed.

Big one for me was when she made a superb statement after a Celtic game, quite rightly calling out and condemning both sets of fans. She was roundly criticised for it. How dare she challenge sectarianism from an OF team (and her own!). That moment alone made me realise that she couldn't change the backward, insular, mysoginistic game up here.

Just wish Levein never had her ear!!!

Edited by TheBigO

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs fans are being what they are always been, more obsessed by us and focused on seeing our downfall then concentrating on our club. I would be horrified if Hearts academy was being closed and years of hard work done behind the scenes was gone in a flash.

Yep.  In relegation year, they were so busy obsessing with us, they did not realise how shit they were, until it was too late.   

Club circling the pan like someone flushing a floater... I wonder what’s happening at Hearts.

Strangest folk on the planet.

38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I mean, how often do we get a successful entrepreneur come in to our game, with no vested interest (by which I mean she's not, by her own admission, someone steeped in football, so doesn't have our prejudices and blindness) and a real verve to do things differently and get everyone together to better the game. And she's been saying these things for years now. And was basically ridiculed.

Big one for me was when she made a superb statement after a Celtic game, quite rightly calling out and condemning both sets of fans. She was roundly criticised for it. How dare she challenge sectarianism from an OF team (and her own!). That moment alone made me realise that she couldn't change the backward, insular, mysoginistic game up here.

Good post, Roy.

She sounded completely exasperated in a Sportsound interview a few weeks back. Something about Scottish football not needing all this and she certainly didn't. The strain was obvious. Really felt for her and also grateful that she's fighting on for our club, no matter the toll it must be taking.

Edited by martoon

2 hours ago, RobNox said:

More than happy at the way she has dealt with this. More than unhappy that she allowed it to happen in the first place. Whatever happens the team needs overhauled. Dont think a lot of those players have the appetite for a fight

Finlay James
57 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup I saw that fool pop up on the day the recon crumbled, grumbling his usual shite. Funny thing how you can totally avoid something until it just about suits your agenda. He was sent scuttling off.

Didn't used to mind him either, but he's become intolerable.

Definitely. Such a massive shame how bad we've been on the park cos she has been unbelievably good for Hearts. The rest of Scottish football should have been listening closely to her.

Think about it like this.  Ann Budge has been an extremely successful businesswoman for a number of years.  She comes along and offers practical and forward thinking solutions to an organisation that has been failing badly for 3-4 decades.  She is then ridiculed by the media for having the audacity to even dare question the status quo.  They should be begging her for her insights.  The media should be championing her but instead, as they're are a huge part of the problem, the vilify her.

its siege mentality time and anyone with an ounce of maroon blood should let her know that we support her 100%.  She'll ensure that we come out if this in a strong state while others plant their heads in the sand.