Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Funny how on a day our relegation was confirmed they still manage to trump us on the bad news story. 

They really are a gift. 

Don't you get the feeling that they put this story out on this day as it is pretty much covered up by the other bigger news story of the SPFL failed reconstruction and impending Hearts court battle?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

Don't you get the feeling that they put this story out on this day as it is pretty much covered up by the other bigger news story of the SPFL failed reconstruction and impending Hearts court battle?

Most certainly. They tried to be as sneaky as they could about it but it hasn't worked. 

Hibs are ****ing skint. 

I suspect that the cuts they are asking players to take will include what they have deferred already so the revised wages are backdated. 

42 years on and Peru giving Scotland the dry boaby again. 

Riddley Walker
1 hour ago, Barack said:

You don't post much now, mate. But when you do...mmmm.

:jjyay:

:pleasing:

Nice to see you again mate 👍

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Can't wait for their bake sales to start so we can point and laugh at them.

Oh come on, surely we can help with a few recipe's 😂

As funny as it is to laugh at them, this is actually good news for Hibs, not bad. 

Everyone knows deferring wages is not the answer and they are now taking steps to address that.  It might be later than us, but its still a prudent financial move.

Just now, Fun Boaby said:

As funny as it is to laugh at them, this is actually good news for Hibs, not bad. 

Everyone knows deferring wages is not the answer and they are now taking steps to address that.  It might be later than us, but its still a prudent financial move.

If that was the preference they would have done it from the get go.  The fact it’s been forced upon them by financial hardship which they were too numerically challenged to factor for just 3 months ago is marvellous news. 

Pasquale for King

If only I could remember who I was discussing their finances with on here a few weeks ago 😃.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If that was the preference they would have done it from the get go.  The fact it’s been forced upon them by financial hardship which they were too numerically challenged to factor for just 3 months ago is marvellous news. 

I'd rather they were still burning through their savings than taking steps to address their losses.

2 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

I'd rather they were still burning through their savings than taking steps to address their losses.

I hear you mate. Hopefully it means they’ve already burned through them. 

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Has tam McManus been on Twitter yet to advice the players to tell Ron to FO🤭😏😂Edit I see I’ve been beaten to the punch 🥊 

Edited by Psychedelicropcircle

5 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Ann has confirmed that most players have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

What’s to stop us now implementing them.

I think the way rel clauses work is that the club can reduce wages by a certain amount and the player has the take it or leave it choice.  In current climate though who is signing players (from Scottish football)? 

tolcross lad
36 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Their owner is a billionaire apparently. All the recent cuts are to save him cash. These billionaire types don't become that rich for no reason they get there because they are horrible nasty *****. He has money to save his business but looks like he is happy to stiff the normal employees. Just my opinion of course.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ron-gordon-net-worth-hibs-16523414

Who knows? Upwards of $200m quoted but he has probably taken a hit in this crisis.

"pony up "gives us an idea of what he is about.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/ron-gordon-net-worth-hibs-16523414

Who knows? Upwards of $200m quoted but he has probably taken a hit in this crisis.

"pony up "gives us an idea of what he is about.

The article says more than $200 not upwards of $200m.  It speculates at $75m, so just less than £60m... before the global pandemic struck.

gorgie rd eh11
37 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

A prudent financial move. :rofl: Yeah right.

It's an admission the got it wrong and have burned through their cash. 

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

David McCaig
25 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

And what do they do when the players tell them to get stuffed! A deal is a deal and the deal was deferrals not cuts.

Article 12 is also off the table now as Premiership isn’t suspended.

tolcross lad
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

The article says more than $200 not upwards of $200m.  It speculates at $75m, so just less than £60m... before the global pandemic struck.

👍

Of course it does.David

From a billionaire to 200m to 60m or less in minutes.We will have him with a begging bowl at the foot of Walk in no time at all.

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good point.

Couldn't think of someone they could sell but Boyle could get £300k. 

Celtic were sniffing around Boyle in January. Think he's available on a pre contract this January so wouldn't be surprised if Celtic chuck in a £50k bid on the back of this news :)  Absolutely beautiful.  Firesale incoming. FTH.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

👍

Of course it does.David

From a billionaire to 200m to 60m or less in minutes.We will have him with a begging bowl at the foot of Walk in no time at all.

read the article:

“Significantly more than $200 dollars,” is all the man himself would admit. “Money is not always the answer, obviously you need resources but I think creative thinking and looking at things in a different way and developing ideas and teams that can really flourish is, I think, what made my company successful.

I never like to mock or take enjoyment out of clubs facing financial hardship.

But for Hibs and all the other C. ants who voted to expel us I’ll make an exception!!

Die slowly!!!

tolcross lad
27 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

read the article:

“Significantly more than $200 dollars,” is all the man himself would admit. “Money is not always the answer, obviously you need resources but I think creative thinking and looking at things in a different way and developing ideas and teams that can really flourish is, I think, what made my company successful.

I acknowledged that I read it wrong.I was referring to a post the had him as billionaire,my post had him at 200m and yours 60m which from the article seems about right.That he was declining into poverty rapidly was a wee bit of humour on my part which obviously missed the mark.

Whatever, it does not look as though Mr Gordon will be pumping money into Hibs

Ex member of the SaS

The added bonus of them concentrating on the first team is their woman's team will also suffer. Every little bite into them is like a ray of sunshine .

David McCaig

I acknowledged that I read it wrong.I was referring to a post the had him as billionaire,my post had him at 200m and yours 60m which from the article seems about right.That he was declining into poverty rapidly was a wee bit of humour on my part which obviously missed the mark.

I think we can all agree with this 😎

Ex member of the SaS

That's the fun part, he never was going to pump cash  in. it's all about taking cash out. They thought he was going to fund them enough to win the league. The truth is now hitting home and it's just wonderful.

18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That made me lol cheers🤣🤣

People of a certain age. I have the boxed set. Believe it will now be being removed from TV history as a tad racist

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Their owner is a billionaire apparently. All the recent cuts are to save him cash. These billionaire types don't become that rich for no reason they get there because they are horrible nasty *****. He has money to save his business but looks like he is happy to stiff the normal employees. Just my opinion of course.

They do have accountants but they work on the basis of their own Hibernomics..............

When do they have to cough up the deferred wages? Did they set a date? 

He is a rich man, clearly. Rich men generally don’t put their own money in to black holes like HFC. I predict catastrophe.

highlandjambo3

Quote...........”Since the global pandemic hit, Hibernian supporters have been magnificent in their backing for the club.“

Really??  Can someone expand on this please.......No I’m being serious.....anyone?

13 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Quote...........”Since the global pandemic hit, Hibernian supporters have been magnificent in their backing for the club.“

Really??  Can someone expand on this please.......No I’m being serious.....anyone?

Tam McManus slagged hearts a bit. There’s a boy planning to increase his purchase of half time draw tickets and some of them didn’t ask for their season ticket money back. 

47 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

He is a rich man, clearly. Rich men generally don’t put their own money in to black holes like HFC. I predict catastrophe.

and his cash will all be tied up I imagine rather than liquid. It's not like he has £60-£200M in premium bonds in a box under the bed

Ex member of the SaS

Has Wishart even commented on this? Has anyone emailed him ? Lets here his faux outrage now.

Just emailed the PFA and Wishart asking why he has been so quiet when he mouthed off about Hearts.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

8 minutes ago, Dr Lager said:

and his cash will all be tied up I imagine rather than liquid. It's not like he has £60-£200M in premium bonds in a box under the bed

Just as a certain Mr Romanov’s was... at least we won a few cups and derbies before that issue became a problem though.

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

aye try and hide it amongst bigger news but at the end of the day its night and time to panic and ask players to cut wages after already deferring payments - Tams no the brightest .

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Just as a certain Mr Romanov’s was... at least we won a few cups and derbies before that issue became a problem though.

Aye, Romanov era was exciting and lots of fun amidst the chaos. Ron will just enter and leave quietly with the family silver

1 minute ago, Dr Lager said:

Aye, Romanov era was exciting and lots of fun amidst the chaos. Ron will just enter and leave quietly with the family silver

It’s the family silver bit, that I’m looking forward to... the man has slapped floating charges on every single item of Hibs property. He wanted them to pony up (🐴⬆️) to pay for new indoor pitches to the tune of £3m... he ain’t sticking his hand in his pockets to bail them out of this omnishambles, and that is a fact.

2 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s the family silver bit, that I’m looking forward to... the man has slapped floating charges on every single item of Hibs property. He wanted them to pony up (🐴⬆️) to pay for new indoor pitches to the tune of £3m... he ain’t sticking his hand in his pockets to bail them out of this omnishambles, and that is a fact.

26 February BBC website

The Edinburgh club's current turnover is around £10m, with Gordon aiming to increase it by 50% by 2023, and 100% by 2025.

That would allow Hibs to double their player budget by 2023.

looks like we were both deluded bitter yams etc etc 

I hope this interdict thingy stuffs them up royally.  Absolutely fantastic if it delays the start of the premier league for months on end followed by the awarding of massive compo to Partick and us.

I expect of course that the rancid SPFL would have backed down at some point and something like the 14 team league would be confirmed.

Horatio Caine

It's all right though.  That nice Mr Petrie has arranged for loans to be granted so to avoid embarrassment.

manaliveits105

Leanne told them on a Monday and their hearts stood still 

a do ron ron ron a do ron ron

they'd have to half the wage bill

a do ron ron ron a do ron ron 

haaaas Ron robbed the till 

oooooh hes  halved wage bill 

and he deferred them as well

well done  ron ron ron well done  ron ron