Tick tock

Ronald Villiers

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Academy staff being sacked tonight.

Looking grim Pasquale.  I wonder what players will be let go.  Some of their higher earners I would imagine.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo

Eliminating their youth set up and firing the staff who know their young players best to support "our first team to deliver success on the pitch" is incredibly short-sighted and destined to backfire. Ruin or limit young players' careers to be able to afford a couple more league 2 English players that won't make any difference in this environment. It also implicitly goes against Gordon's stated aim when he took over to develop "the best youth players".

Buzzbomb1874
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d be gobsmacked if we had any at all

AB has already said we can’t afford to refund and that the discount of 10% on next seasons ticket was the best we could do under the current circumstances . AB has always been upfront from day 1 of the lockdown when it came to the financial aspects effecting HMFC.  

55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was obvious in March this was a major problem.

Loads of people are talking as if we've just realised now. 

They were all too busy hammering big bad Hearts to wake up and see what was happening in the world. 

It took Tam McManus about half an hour to comment on our situation after we had released a statement confirming the wage cuts. I assume he is all over this on Twitter tonight?

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Looking grim Pasquale.  I wonder what players will be let go.  Some of their higher earners I would imagine.

Asking for pay cuts is hard enough, actually getting players to leave in the current climate is even more difficult. We are in the same boat with that.

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Remember the last time they came to a "relegation party".....!

Remember it well lol.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

It took Tam McManus about half an hour to comment on our situation after we had released a statement confirming the wage cuts. I assume he is all over this on Twitter tonight?

He’s tagged in about a hundred tweets a day, I bet he wished he had never mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Courts bad ken!

Could they not just start a supporter subscription vehicle for fans to pump on £1.5m p/a? 

Gordon will reanimate HSL as a way of gauranteeing he gets paid back every penny he puts in. He’s got floating charges over all of their assets if they refuse. 🐴⬆️

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Kris Boyd also jumped all over Ann Budge at the time.

He seems quiet as well.

8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2:

Can this go down as another Hibsing please? Bet they were loving every minute of today and then BOOM! 

Honestly, what a shower :laugh2:

No danger this wasnt deliberate... Good day to bury bad news.... 

Angry Haggis
10 hours ago, CalMac said:

NHS logo on the shirt of a club needing life support.

In all seriousness - a grand gesture that was ultimately shortsightedness from a financial perspective - and reading that last Hibs press release a general theme to to where they are at as a club trying to deal with the impact of the pandemic. 

Keep on being Hibs. 

7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Gordon will reanimate HSL as a way of gauranteeing he gets paid back every penny he puts in. He’s got floating charges over all of their assets if they refuse. 🐴⬆️

Leann absolutely bum****ed the HSL as Ron slithered into ER. Wise investment Ron? He’s exactly what they need at the moment with having no emotional connection to the club. He could **** them over and not even have to leave the States. 

Stuart Lyon

Yes remember all those that took the moral high ground when AB outlined our strategy on wages! Where is Fraser Wishart? C U next Tuesday couldn't wait to berate Hearts. 

If the deferred wages are due but Hibs claim they can't pay them what does that say for the finances? Are they trading while insolvent or something similar. Over to the finance experts for answers please.

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Victorian said:

All Premiership expenditure based on existing budgets is on shaky ground.    

The thought of these snakes dishing out contracts from their budgets and then finding out that their revised budget is [ old budget - share of the Hearts compensation = new budget ].

:jjyay:

:pleasing:

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Leann absolutely bum****ed the HSL as Ron slithered into ER. Wise investment Ron? He’s exactly what they need at the moment with having no emotional connection to the club. He could **** them over and not even have to leave the States. 

Indeed. Thing is, she was actually a director of both Hibs AND HSL at the same time. She was still sending out the begging bowl for donations under the guise of buying shares, when Ron was taking over the club. She must have known no more shares were going to be available, but she kept her trap shut and let the money trickle in.

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Asking for pay cuts is hard enough, actually getting players to leave in the current climate is even more difficult. We are in the same boat with that.

Yep, unlikely any of our big earners will move except Smith. Challenge is how to lose both keepers on the cheap so that Gordon comes in. 

Fluorescent Adolescent
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, unlikely any of our big earners will move except Smith. Challenge is how to lose both keepers on the cheap so that Gordon comes in. 

Ann has confirmed that most players have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

What’s to stop us now implementing them.

A little reminder of Ron’s first meeting with Hibs supporters, before he started slapping floating charges on anything that couldn’t run away:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?340519-Meeting-with-wee-Ron

He was never going to pump money in. He wants Hibs supporters to pay him back every penny he spends on the club. I suspect this will have changed from building up the infrastructure to keeping the lights on. 

Hibs will now have to try and reanimate the corpse of HSL, and this time there is no carrot of ownership. Just the begging bowl to keep the club alive.

🐴⬆️

6CED2D6E-7A44-45E5-A58D-F836E1F1A4E1.png

595AFEDC-CC59-40D5-AE09-26172DD68670.png

1 hour ago, Angry Haggis said:

In all seriousness - a grand gesture that was ultimately shortsightedness from a financial perspective - and reading that last Hibs press release a general theme to to where they are at as a club trying to deal with the impact of the pandemic. 

Keep on being Hibs. 

More likely they couldn't get a sponsor than short-sightedness. 

gorgie rd eh11
11 hours ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

no-one could have predicted that the healthy cash balance the club enjoyed at that time would be severely depleted a few months later...”

🤪

Aye i had to read that again just to make sure they said it. 

No one could have predicted that. :mw_rolleyes:

Gordon Ramsay

Just read an article via Edinburgh live they are basically mothballing everything apart from the first team.

Serious question, how are they so skint? They've sold quite a lot of season tickets and surely Ron being a zillionaire could chuck them a few quid. 

Looks like the wage deferrals and voting to lose money on league placing wasn't such a good idea after all. 

Had a quick look at Flump.Net and not surprisingly they are in denial big time. We need to continue doing what we do best and fund the club to the hilt if you are in a position to do your bit. The 15% wanting their cash back is hilarious. Taking from their club when they should be giving. Only Hibs 😂

Riddley Walker

A few months ago I wouldn't have wanted them to go bust, so we could keep embarrassing them on the pitch. 

Now? **** them. Hope the club dies and doesn't return. 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just read an article via Edinburgh live they are basically mothballing everything apart from the first team.

Serious question, how are they so skint? They've sold quite a lot of season tickets and surely Ron being a zillionaire could chuck them a few quid. 

Looks like the wage deferrals and voting to lose money on league placing wasn't such a good idea after all. 

Ron has been up front with them from the beginning. He ain’t gonna put in any money, unless the fans pay him back.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I disagree the wage deferrals and voting to lose money has been a great decision by them. I think it's called Karma. FTH. 

3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

A few months ago I wouldn't have wanted them to go bust, so we could keep embarrassing them on the pitch. 

Now? **** them. Hope the club dies and doesn't return. 

Tell you what, if they ever got to a critical stage, their fans wouldn't help them out. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Yes remember all those that took the moral high ground when AB outlined our strategy on wages! Where is Fraser Wishart? C U next Tuesday couldn't wait to berate Hearts. 

If the deferred wages are due but Hibs claim they can't pay them what does that say for the finances? Are they trading while insolvent or something similar. Over to the finance experts for answers please.

Transfer ban

I hope they disappear from existence, fecking tramps.

all the rats will be welcome at Parkhead, they will blend right in 

queensferryjambo

For what it's worth I don't think Hibs are in any kind of financial trouble. They are just cutting their cloth accordingly. 

They probably should have had the same business sense Hearts did at the start of this crisis.

Clearly they never saw things being as bad as they have become.

5 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

For what it's worth I don't think Hibs are in any kind of financial trouble. They are just cutting their cloth accordingly. 

They probably should have had the same business sense Hearts did at the start of this crisis.

What makes you so sure they aren’t in any financial trouble? I think it looks the complete opposite, personally.

I'm not sure what big Ron does,but as he is based in the USA,then his business interests MUST be hurting as well. GOOD !!!!

doctor jambo

Maybe they should start a campaign to have Hearts reinstated to the league.

THe only game they get sell outs for.

7 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

How could they possibly not have foreseen things being as bad as they are? The predictions on when football is back and when we play in front of fans are either in line or better (time wise) than estimates at the time they took the decision to defer wages. 

Surely they have accountants.

5 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

What makes you so sure they aren’t in any financial trouble? I think it looks the complete opposite, personally.

I tend to agree Mothy, in April he said the number 1 priority is our people and by June he is now looking to get shot of them. It looks very much like the backroom staff who have all been furloughed in the last 2 months are now looking at redundancy once furlough runs out. As @mact says this could well be connected to Ron's wider financial issues. 

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I tend to agree Mothy, in April he said the number 1 priority is our people and by June he is now looking to get shot of them. It looks very much like the backroom staff who have all been furloughed in the last 2 months are now looking at redundancy once furlough runs out. As @mact says this could well be connected to Ron's wider financial issues. 

They’ve slyly buried the news on the day reconstruction collapsed. I agree with you, it’s a massive turnaround in only a couple of months. No idea if they’re in serious shit but the total change in the message to fans certainly suggests they might be. 

1 hour ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Ann has confirmed that most players have relegation release clauses in their contracts.

What’s to stop us now implementing them.

I think most of them will have the sense to have a look around at the financial Armageddon that’s about to strike the SPFL and else where before they make any rash decisions.

Randy Marsh

I find it absolutely shameful when clubs like Hibs don't live within their means.  It could well have been them sitting in 12th place when the league got called if it hadn't been for their financial doping.  Looks like they will be starting next season on -15 points.

Салатные палочки

Hopefully another couple of bucky bottle throwing incidents eat into their meagre budget next season. 

:pleasing:

12 hours ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

no-one could have predicted that the healthy cash balance the club enjoyed at that time would be severely depleted a few months later...”

🤪

Laughed at that bit. The feel of the statement is written to try and not piss their fans off, they dress up the severity of the situation by saying how good things used to be. Hibs fans all over the place fall for the same shite over and over again. Brilliant.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Ron has been up front with them from the beginning. He ain’t gonna put in any money, unless the fans pay him back.

He chose the wrong club then. 

jambogirlglasgow
6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Laughed at that bit. The feel of the statement is written to try and not piss their fans off, they dress up the severity of the situation by saying how good things used to be. Hibs fans all over the place fall for the same shite over and over again. Brilliant.

“Nobody could have predicted...” - well Hearts managed to.. if they stopped taking financial advice from thick ex players with barely legible columns in the tabloids they’d maybe do better.