• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• martoon

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Gordon Ramsay

They are toiling badly. 

Even pish like Motherwell and Killie are handing out new deals and signing players. 

3fingersreid

Can’t be , the hoboconomists said all was well and it Hearts that are struggling. 

Where’s that wee ***** Wishart , surely he’s got something to say about this 

All Premiership expenditure based on existing budgets is on shaky ground.    

The thought of these snakes dishing out contracts from their budgets and then finding out that their revised budget is [ old budget - share of the Hearts compensation = new budget ].

:jjyay:

Montgomery Brewster

Oh ma sides. This is superb news. 

the vermin Erses bought the old spin that pontoon eyes 👀 and Peruvian Ron sold them. too busy trying to the boot into us rather than be concerned with their own finances.

its the vermin way after all.

FFFFFFF   TTTTTTT HHHHHHHH !

Big Ron the multi multi millionaire basically saying he’s not picking up the tab for this one.   Either the fans pony up or watch your team suffer.  Exceptional news.  Dempster with a statement straight after that read like emotional blackmail.  We know some of you probably can’t afford to buy a ticket just now but we still desperately need you to or else we are in big trouble.   Makes for some brilliant reading.  

Edited by Brown1982

brunoatemyhamster

How about a copy and paste for those of us who don't click links? 

A club who’s fans had considerably more to say about our wage cuts on their forum than their own wage cuts. Who happily damaged themselves financially because it would damage us more. Weirdos. 

Ronald Villiers

Bunch of clowns criticised Budge for being smart and rightly cutting our players wages right at the beginning of the pandemic.  They then announce that their players wages were being deferred.  They're seeing none of that.  Maybe a mutiny on the horizon doon Leith.  Hibs never fail to put a smile on my face.  🙂

Apparently this is just good business, they have tried their best to do the right thing by their staff (not like those evil jambos) but can't be held accountable for a global pandemic and tough choices have to be made. If only there was someone who they knew, maybe the CEO of the club across the road that could have warned them that wage deferral was a bad idea. 

Boyces beard

Oh seen the thread title and thought some hobo had retrieved his watch from his 51st3r5 crusty green fish bucket.

FTH       tick tock you dirty wank buckets

does this mean that they won't get the new screens around the stadium anytime soon? Or the £6M for the new indoor pitch at the farm? Ron the Con is some boy

Ronald Villiers

Apparently Lee Makel, Grant Murray, Colin Nish and Alan Combe have been let go by Hibs this morning.  The clear out has begun.

28 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

How about a copy and paste for those of us who don't click links? 

Joyous

logo-mobile.png

CLUB UPDATE

CLUB UPDATE

By: Hibernian Media on 15 Jun, 2020 17:28

Since the global pandemic hit the UK - wreaking havoc with our lives, our health and care systems, and our businesses – Hibernian supporters have been magnificent in their backing for the club.

Our support has been the silver lining on a cloudy horizon. In turn, we have sought at every turn to keep supporters informed as honestly as we are able to. With that in mind, it is now important to let supporters know that difficult choices must be considered to reduce costs to protect the future of Hibernian. We are today embarking on a process of consultation with our people over proposals to find cost reductions. This is no different from any other business in this economy, many of which have already taken steps to protect their future.  We must all recognise that the club must be financially sustainable.

When we outlined our ambitious plans at our AGM a few months ago, no-one could have predicted that the healthy cash balance the club enjoyed at that time would be severely depleted a few months later as we faced this crisis and no revenue being generated from normal operations. The club has continued to meet its full liabilities, internally and externally, with some of these deferred but still due later in the year. This initial action was a vital step, allowing us breathing space to manage cashflow and, importantly, to engage with our staff.

With no clear end in sight and a full return to football in stadia full of supporters likely to be in 2021, there has been, and there will continue to be, a substantial and unsustainable strain on the Club’s finances. We forecast that our revenues will be halved in 2020-21 and we anticipate a significant loss for the current season that was cut short in March, despite the support shown by fans so far. That is the reality we face, and the continued uncertainty and restrictions mean our current cost structure is not sustainable.

Chairman Ronald Gordon said: “We’re all excited that football is returning - but it will be behind closed doors, with likely limited attendance as a next phase. That means we continue to endure limited revenue opportunities for the foreseeable future. Therefore, several initiatives, activities and services at our club need to be paused or scaled back until it is safe, permissible and financially prudent for us to resume activity.

“We must now focus our limited resources on our core business – and that is supporting our first team to deliver success on the pitch. That is what we are here to do.  This scaling back will have an impact on our people, and we enter into a period of consultation with them to discuss the potential impact on them.  I would like to thank the contribution and efforts of all of our staff during this difficult time.

“I would also like to thank our supporters who, recognising the threat to the club, have responded. Around 8500 Season Tickets for next season have sold so far, with more selling each day despite fans knowing that the timing and shape of next season is far from clear at this stage. Our “Thank You NHS” home shirt was launched to national acclaim and record sales. And with the 2019-20 season called early, with four home matches not played, less than 15 per cent of season ticket holders have requested a refund.

“We will get through this by all working together. Supporters, staff, management and players have all played their part so far, and I believe will continue to do so.”

Monies raised through the sale of season tickets for 2020-21 will help fund next season’s campaign. We welcome the announcement of a framework agreed between the SPFL and Sky which should see the top-flight of Scottish football resume in August.

With football facing a “behind closed doors” start to the season, the new framework means those who have already purchased season tickets for season 2020/21 now know they are guaranteed to see all home matches live until entry to stadiums returns.

Hibernian will soon announce full details of our package, which is being designed to give our season ticket holders the best possible value and a unique, exciting and enjoyable Hibernian matchday experience.

Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive, said: “I would add my thanks to Ron’s for the professionalism shown by our staff throughout this crisis.

“From the start, in light of the uncertainty around what shape next season will ultimately take, we have sought to ensure our supporters have the fullest understanding of the situation before us, and that includes what your ticket will secure for you.

“Any supporter who cannot commit to travel this difficult journey with us will be treated fairly, with respect, and with our understanding, but we hope and believe you will want to be with us every step of the way.

“We understand not everyone is able to help as they might like in these difficult times, however if you can help, we thank you for it.”

MOST READ

• HOME SHIRT UPDATE - OUT OF STOCK SIZES

HOME SHIRT UPDATE - OUT OF STOCK SIZES

• SEASON TICKET UPDATE

SEASON TICKET UPDATE

• HIBS TV UPDATE

HIBS TV UPDATE

• HIBERNIAN AGREE PHONECASES3D PARTNERSHIP

HIBERNIAN AGREE PHONECASES3D PARTNERSHIP

• BROWSE THE HIBERNIAN CLUBSTORE RANGE

BROWSE THE HIBERNIAN CLUBSTORE RANGE

• ALL NEWS
  • MEN'S FIRST TEAM
  • TICKETS NEWS
  • MATCH REPORTS
  • SHARE ISSUE
  • UNDER 20'S
  • WOMEN'S FIRST TEAM
  • COMMERCIAL NEWS
  • COMMUNITY NEWS
E-TICKETING-2016.gif
Changing%20Room%20Square.png
Hibernian%20Supporters%20Cube.png
Website%20square-73.jpg
Small-Tunnel-Square.jpg
Small%20Square_Hospitality.jpg
HCF%20Cube%20Logo.png
HibsTV%20Web%20Square.jpg

• EDEN%20MILL%20-%20BLACK.png
    •  
    • MACRON%20BLACK.png
    •  
    • beepbeep.png
    •  
    • COMMUNITY%20FOUNDATION_HIBERNIAN%20COMMU

Get relegated once and the ***** end up moving in with us.    Get hoyed out again and the daft ***** are determined to go bust before we come back up.

Wanks.

brunoatemyhamster

Thanks for that. 

If I was the NHS, I'd be keeping an eye on they fivers. 

So what will happen to the deferred wages the players are due for the current agreement in place? Do the players have to accept permanent wage cuts now (which we got slaughtered for) and still expect to be paid the monies they are due or will this be written off as unaffordable under the current restrictions.

Yet again Hibs make a Hibs of it and I await condemnation from Wishart and McManus amongst others.

Ron from outset of this pandemic told Hibs they would have to ride/finance this out themselves.

Cannot wait for Wisharts outburst tomorrow, though i think i may have to.

Edited by Gambo

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Ron from outset of this pandemic told Hibs they would have to ride/finance this out themselves.

Cannot wait for Wisharts outburst tomorrow, though i think i may have to.

Yep, don’t think we’ll be hearing from McManus anytime soon either. 

Credit to AB for dealing with all this transparently while the snakes have been hiding in the long grass.

marshallschunkychicken

no-one could have predicted that the healthy cash balance the club enjoyed at that time would be severely depleted a few months later...”

🤪

Buzzbomb1874
34 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Apparently Lee Makel, Grant Murray, Colin Nish and Alan Combe have been let go by Hibs this morning.  The clear out has begun.

3 out of 4 of them went from the big team to the shite team.  A lot of these guys will be lost to football forever . 

14 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

So what will happen to the deferred wages the players are due for the current agreement in place? Do the players have to accept permanent wage cuts now (which we got slaughtered for) and still expect to be paid the monies they are due or will this be written off as unaffordable under the current restrictions.

Yet again Hibs make a Hibs of it and I await condemnation from Wishart and McManus amongst others.

Seems they are just starting to talk to staff about cuts.

8 minutes ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

no-one could have predicted that the healthy cash balance the club enjoyed at that time would be severely depleted a few months later...”

🤪

It was obvious in March this was a major problem.

Loads of people are talking as if we've just realised now. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was obvious in March this was a major problem.

Loads of people are talking as if we've just realised now. 

they have just realised this now 😂

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

3 out of 4 of them went from the big team to the shite team.  A lot of these guys will be lost to football forever . 

Oh dear, what a tragedy.

People here said it at the time.

The media lapped up Aberdeen and Hibs' wage deferrals as "the right thing to do".

It was obvious at the time that it wasn't sustainable.

Buzzbomb1874
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Oh dear, what a tragedy.

That’s the bigger picture that clubs don’t see when they vote with only their own self interest at heart rather for the good of the whole Scottish game. This pandemic gave them the once in a generation opportunity to reconstruct the whole Scottish game from top to bottom but the chance has been wasted. Now you will have clubs shedding staff left right and centre and the way the game is positioned there is no way back in for them . I don’t feel sorry for them as their boards made the decision to vote NO and now all these guys are out of a job . Reap what you sow.

Silvery_Moon

As others have pointed out they voted to lose prize money so they could shaft us. Idiots and I hope they get all that is coming to them. 

On the subject of season ticket refunds do we know our numbers? 

I can't imagine many of us would have requested such a thing? 

Салатные палочки

:laugh2:

Can this go down as another Hibsing please? Bet they were loving every minute of today and then BOOM! 

Honestly, what a shower :laugh2:

Malinga the Swinga

Can't imagine how this happened. With financial geniuses such as Tam McManus and Kevin Harper amongst their ex players, they surely had the knowledge and investment skills to prosper in these difficult times.

I am sure at any time I will read Bill Leckie, another cockwomble of a journalist, commenting on how unlucky Hibs have been to suffer at this time, where as Hearts, a club who he immediately criticised when we asked for wage cuts, were deserving of all the criticism we received. Maybe Kris Boyd will join in the criticism.

19 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

As others have pointed out they voted to lose prize money so they could shaft us. Idiots and I hope they get all that is coming to them. 

On the subject of season ticket refunds do we know our numbers? 

I can't imagine many of us would have requested such a thing? 

I’d be gobsmacked if we had any at all

Ronald Villiers
40 minutes ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

Absolutely mate, Lowland League or similar.