Top 5 pick’n’mix

Angel eyes

Fruit salads.

Sports mixtures.

Sherbet dip.

Penny dainties.

McGowans Highland toffees.

Spogs (did you know they were called that?)

Jelly Button Spogs Retro Sweets available in Sweet Bags, Sweetie ...

If these Double Lollies are in Pick 'n' Mix then definitely

31-2UizWu0L._AC_.jpg

Sour cherries

354D0F41-AC88-40D3-9D09-92987C916B96.jpeg.566974d7073eab5db3cfff1d8648bb5b.jpeg

Flying saucers

911-C27-DB-C5-D1-4314-A027-80-F795870-D2

And Flumps

Flumps - Big, Squidgy Marshmallow Cables | Tasty Treats, Best Prices

I P Knightley
22 minutes ago, Boof said:

Spogs (did you know they were called that?)

Jelly Button Spogs Retro Sweets available in Sweet Bags, Sweetie ...

I think my kids are the only Londoners to call them Spogs. Jeely Spogs, to be precise. Top of my list, too.

Whoever said Sports Mixtures is a person of taste but I've never seen them in the free sweeties selection. 

Jumbo liquorice comfits would be in my bag. Aka torpedoes; aka 'pedoes. 

Those big white chocolate buttons with sprinkles on them, please. 

Jellygators - white foam on the bottom,  multicolored jelly on top. Or the monster snakes but you often have to pay for them. 

Chocolate honeycomb. 

You can keep your chocolate raisins. Rabbit poo. 

A quarter of Kola Kubes, some chocolate tools and a couple of strips of Chelsea whoppers, please. 

Where's ma soda stream? 

Edited by ri Alban

Used to just buy those necklace sweets u could ping at folk... My teeth are feeling it now but the number of headshots I got during War of the Worlds was incredible

Tommy Brown
5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS nobody say "Black Jack".

I bought a few packets from home bargains last year, for pure nostalgic reasons.

Great aniseed taste. Loved them.

What's your problem, mate.

luckyBatistuta
58 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Original Sports Mixtures. 

The black ones are world class. 

Aldi’s own brand of Sports Mixtures still do the proper black ones 😋

Jazzies

jaz595-ts-lg-500x500.jpg

Double Lollies

21726a0a2367fb63384070bdc4f28077.jpg

Coconut Mushrooms

s-l640.jpg

Cherry Lips

100042_-_Cherry_Lips.jpg?v=1571740042

Hard liquorice

bassetti-hard-liquorice-sticks.jpg?w=480

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The last time I was in the Home Bargains  at Chesser, they had Lions Midget Gems with the good black ones. 

indianajones
19 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

11 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

The last time I was in the Home Bargains  at Chesser, they had Lions Midget Gems with the good black ones. 

Will look out for these cheers guys. 

Not seen or thought of cherry lips in a long time. I can feel my gums going that certain type of enjoyable sore just thinking about them. 

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Will look out for these cheers guys. 

Not seen or thought of cherry lips in a long time. I can feel my gums going that certain type of enjoyable sore just thinking about them. 

Actually I think I’m wrong with this. I think it’s maybe the Lions Sports Mixture i’m thinking of

Samuel Camazzola

No shouts for chocolate 'icy cups'? The little chocolates that came in the coloured foil cups. 

Fizzy cola bottles and shrimps were the dreggs of a pick n mix. More often these were chucked or given away that scoffed. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

No shouts for chocolate 'icy cups'? The little chocolates that came in the coloured foil cups. 

Fizzy cola bottles and shrimps were the dreggs of a pick n mix. More often these were chucked or given away that scoffed. 

Wish I had hung around with you as a kid

Edited by luckyBatistuta

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Jazzies

jaz595-ts-lg-500x500.jpg

Double Lollies

21726a0a2367fb63384070bdc4f28077.jpg

Coconut Mushrooms

s-l640.jpg

Cherry Lips

100042_-_Cherry_Lips.jpg?v=1571740042

Hard liquorice

bassetti-hard-liquorice-sticks.jpg?w=480

Forgot about jazzies.

I’m replacing cola bottles for those.

3 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I liked fizzy cola bottles, although I did prefer the originals. Sadly the original's are shite now :( 

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, indianajones said:

The black ones are world class

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

That's it! I'm doing a round of Aldis and Home Bargains today to find these things.

When Maynard took over the Lions Midget Gems, I actually wrote a letter of complaint that they'd made the black ones blackcurrant flavour. If they hadn't retained the pear flavoured ones, I'm not sure I'd have carried on buying Midget Gems.

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's it! I'm doing a round of Aldis and Home Bargains today to find these things.

When Maynard took over the Lions Midget Gems, I actually wrote a letter of complaint that they'd made the black ones blackcurrant flavour. If they hadn't retained the pear flavoured ones, I'm not sure I'd have carried on buying Midget Gems.

Asked the wife and it’s definitely the Lions Sports Mixtures from Home Bargains, not Aldis 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Asked the wife and it’s definitely the Lions Sports Mixtures from Home Bargains, not Aldis 

Rats! That's a much longer cycle ride but it's going to be worth it. Cheers.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

👍 definitely worth it😁

25 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

:no:  That's just wrong. 

23 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

take a big rucksack and fill it up so it is worth the trip

Jazzies 

White mice

Chocolate raisins 

Liquorice allsorts (squares)

Cola bottles 

pick n mix from Woolworths on a Saturday 

Edited by King prawn

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I've just been in Home Bargains at Straiton. They have the midget gems. The also have Lions  Football Gums, which are basically sports mixture. They've black ones in them are liquorice too.

g935-CA997-700-A-48-BF-924-F-79-ED29-CF5-
sherbet dab but don’t think the liquorice was ever as long as that? Just a wee bit sticking out at the top think you got pink ones as well   that maybe something else I’m thinking on...... Cremola foam It was pink 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

take a big rucksack and fill it up so it is worth the trip

I'll leave the orange and green ones in the car park. Only taking home the most valuable cargo. 

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

sherbet dab but don’t think the liquorice was ever as long as that? Just a wee bit sticking out at the top think you got pink ones as well   that maybe something else I’m thinking on...... Cremola foam It was pink 

You can still get Cremola foam, it had been off the shelves for years (since 1998) then released under the name "kramola fizz" in 2005, then was bought by a different company and re-released as "krakatoa foam", but they went bust in 2014.

Someone else has bought the rights and it's now available again under the original name.

It's the product that refuses to die even though everybody making it goes out of business

I P Knightley
18 hours ago, indianajones said:

The black ones are world class. 

17 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I've heard people say that JKB is for arseholes but today is the day that proves that entirely wrong.

As I was getting towards the end of the sweetie aisle, I confess I was beginning to lose faith and think it was just an Edinburgh/Chesser thing. But there they were in all their glory. And 69 pee a bag, too!! I bought more than one bag.

Thank you Kickback. I love you all.

indianajones
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've heard people say that JKB is for arseholes but today is the day that proves that entirely wrong.

As I was getting towards the end of the sweetie aisle, I confess I was beginning to lose faith and think it was just an Edinburgh/Chesser thing. But there they were in all their glory. And 69 pee a bag, too!! I bought more than one bag.

Haha, we are still arseholes IP.  Just arseholes with fine taste in confectionery.

Enjoy!

14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

so you had a full bladder

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

530FBA37-8365-4DE4-B998-C829E949318A.gif

Loads of greats shouts on this thread but some of the above sweets aren’t great on my teeth nowadays 

10 minutes ago, theshed said:

Loads of greats shouts on this thread but some of the above sweets aren’t great on my teeth nowadays 

Agree the sours especially aren’t kind.

luckyBatistuta
50 minutes ago, theshed said:

Yup, need a visit to the dentist right now after crunching on some pear drops a few days ago