Bathroom renovation

jambolass1000

jambolass1000

I am looking for a highly recommended plumber to quote on a new bathroom. I have been duped in past by a so called kitchen fitter. So I need to be very careful.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, jambolass1000 said:

I am looking for a highly recommended plumber to quote on a new bathroom. I have been duped in past by a so called kitchen fitter. So I need to be very careful.

Where are you based?

I had two bathrooms fitted out in January this year, one was quite a small en-suite the other was a fairly normal sized bathroom, new floors, wet wall, large shower enclosure, dual point showers, new sink unit with soft close drawers, off the floor cistern, new spotlights in the ceiling with eco powered extractor, Mirror with led light de-mister and sensor operation & wall fitted electric shaver point.  All in it was 12k, a flat rate of £3k for labour 9k for materials.  I think the larger bathroom was just over 5k and the smaller was just under 4.  The work was done over 10 days (Monday to Friday over two weeks).  I could post you down the invoice with the proposals of work and it would give you an idea of what items cost, I had fairly mid to upper range materials but, of course it depends on your budget.  The main thing is labour was coming in at £300 per day and, that was one plumber with a younger apprentice, which I thought was great.  Must say, very happy with the bathrooms........

You can see them online here www.alba-Inverness.co.uk

Edited by highlandjambo3

Hugh Phamism

I'm in the final stages of getting mine done just now, and I have gone for high end fixtures and fittings. The hardware only (shower, bog, sink, tiles, lights,  mirror, radiator, pocket door and underfloor heating) all came in at around 5K with the fitting electrics, plumbing, and tiling as an extra. You will be looking at 4-5 days for a full refurb.

jambolass1000
6 hours ago, Hugh Phamism said:

I'm in the final stages of getting mine done just now, and I have gone for high end fixtures and fittings. The hardware only (shower, bog, sink, tiles, lights,  mirror, radiator, pocket door and underfloor heating) all came in at around 5K with the fitting electrics, plumbing, and tiling as an extra. You will be looking at 4-5 days for a full refurb.

Can I ask who is doing the work for you and are you happy with them?

jambolass1000
7 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Where are you based?

I had two bathrooms fitted out in January this year, one was quite a small en-suite the other was a fairly normal sized bathroom, new floors, wet wall, large shower enclosure, dual point showers, new sink unit with soft close drawers, off the floor cistern, new spotlights in the ceiling with eco powered extractor, Mirror with led light de-mister and sensor operation & wall fitted electric shaver point.  All in it was 12k, a flat rate of £3k for labour 9k for materials.  I think the larger bathroom was just over 5k and the smaller was just under 4.  The work was done over 10 days (Monday to Friday over two weeks).  I could post you down the invoice with the proposals of work and it would give you an idea of what items cost, I had fairly mid to upper range materials but, of course it depends on your budget.  The main thing is labour was coming in at £300 per day and, that was one plumber with a younger apprentice, which I thought was great.  Must say, very happy with the bathrooms........

Thanks for reply I'm in Edinburgh 

Hugh Phamism
On 12/06/2020 at 21:56, jambolass1000 said:

Can I ask who is doing the work for you and are you happy with them?

The bathroom refurb is part of a larger renovation project, so I am using a builder/project manager who has his own plumbers, joiners, etc.

I ordered all of the hardware myself from Victorian Plumbing (same products as the luxury showrooms, but much cheaper) and was happy with the delivery times and service.

Edited by Hugh Phamism

On 12/06/2020 at 21:58, jambolass1000 said:

Thanks for reply I'm in Edinburgh 

We used Allan Bain & Sons, based in Kirkcaldy but they were the nominated fitters through Wickes, done a really good job and were really good at talking through the options we had as we completely changed the layout including switching the door to open out of the bathroom into the hall to create more room inside etc

Indicative prices from what they charged us last year 

Cap radiators x 2 £174
Pipe box £60
Electrician test £73
Making shower safe £45
Remove tiles and make good £252
Install wall tiles £560
Skim wall 14sqm £420
Supply and fit ply £155
Install floor tiles £220
Fit door opposite way including new stops £140
Additional pipe work £60

On 12/06/2020 at 08:02, highlandjambo3 said:

Where are you based?

I'm maybe a tightwad but that seems a bit expensive. I really need my bathroom and en-suite completely re-done but I was hoping it wouldn't be anywhere near that!

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, EH11_2NL said:

I'm maybe a tightwad but that seems a bit expensive. I really need my bathroom and en-suite completely re-done but I was hoping it wouldn't be anywhere near that!

That was two bathrooms fitted out, not one and, the kit was good quality.  All the pipe work was upgraded to increase the water flow from the ground floor source, under the downstairs floor then up to the first floor.

Perth to Paisley

We have used Gary McWhinney from Bonnyrigg 07803264919 twice.

Excellent workmanship and a fair price.

Not sure if this will influence you but Gary is Lockies best pal and if you have listened to the Si Ferry podcast with Lockie he talks about his pal who slept overnight on the pitch after the 98 Cup final...this was Gary Mc

Good Luck