Edinburgh Zoo.

Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Cant see a problem with getting it open again, purchase tickets online , so the zoo can control numbers with a time on

ticket to advise on when you can enter.

There is ample space in the zoo for social distance so this wont be an issue.

Montgomery Brewster
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Cant see a problem with getting it open again, purchase tickets online , so the zoo can control numbers with a time on

Correct. 

too much pussy footing about for my liking. If folk can go indoors indoors to buy a pot of paint there should be nothing stopping folk going outside to look at some animals.

get on with it 

The Internet
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What about the toilets? 

Plenty bushes in the zoo. 

Where's this toilet thing coming from? As far as I'm aware the toilets at the supermarket have been open the whole time...I used to go in and wash my hands after my shop back when I was worried about all of this.

Ainsley Harriott
33 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What about the toilets? 

Think the animals mainly just go wherever they are.

54 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Where's this toilet thing coming from? As far as I'm aware the toilets at the supermarket have been open the whole time...I used to go in and wash my hands after my shop back when I was worried about all of this.

People generally only do their shopping for an hour or so. As long as folk go before they leave the house, most folk should be able to hold it in, and the few folk who can't aren't going to be crowding the bogs. 

Whereas folk tend to go the zoo for long periods of time. And a lot of them with kids, who aren't renowned for their piss holding abilities. 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

If they can open shops at retail parks, it should be a formality to open the zoo.

They do not plan to open the cafes and could maintain a queing system for the buildings (eg monkey house) and the rest is open air with wide paths.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If they can open shops at retail parks, it should be a formality to open the zoo.

IMG_20190617_092234.jpg

24 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

People generally only do their shopping for an hour or so. As long as folk go before they leave the house, most folk should be able to hold it in, and the few folk who can't aren't going to be crowding the bogs. 

Whereas folk tend to go the zoo for long periods of time. And a lot of them with kids, who aren't renowned for their piss holding abilities. 

Yeh my point though is that the supermarket toilets are open. I imagine the ones at the zoo will be too.

15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Imagine how disappointed the animals will be when they see us trudge in......

Apart from the penguins. They might get to go on a nice wee dauner. The monkeys might be happy to have folk there to fling shite at and towatch them w***.

Harry Potter
19 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

:lol:, very true, here come all the clowns to stare at us, and want us to move about.

As for toilets plenty hand wash, paper towels, and limited to a few to enter at one time.

Face mask maybe.

Carl Fredrickson
5 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I read recently that zoo animals were suffering due to not having visitors. Shame. My kids love going to zoos and we look forward to them re-opening. 

davemclaren
9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

:lol:, very true, here come all the clowns to stare at us, and want us to move about.

As for toilets plenty hand wash, paper towels, and limited to a few to enter at one time.

Face mask maybe.

Tough to get the animals wash hands and wear face-masks. 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Tough to get the animals wash hands and wear face-masks. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Their webcams have been quite good. The wee koala us a quick mover in the morning as she knows when to expect her keeper to arrive. The tiger can be quite elusive. https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams/panda-cam/#pandacam

True Dave lol, thanks for the link Samuel.

Tommy Brown
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Their webcams have been quite good. The wee koala us a quick mover in the morning as she knows when to expect her keeper to arrive. The tiger can be quite elusive. https://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/webcams/panda-cam/#pandacam

Never been to the zoo for about 15 years.

But I went on the site last night and set up an adoption of a koala 🐨. £90.

I am shielding in lockdown and have spare cash. Just not spending.

Doing a 10 pm donation also.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is Edinburgh where the famous March of the Penguins is? I plan to get along to see them. 

Aye, well used to be .

John Findlay
On 12/06/2020 at 10:30, Weakened Offender said:

What about the toilets? 

Just do what the animals do.

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is Edinburgh where the famous March of the Penguins is? I plan to get along to see them. 

They do a penguin parade I think.

Not as good as getting to meet them properly in their enclosure or in the wild though.

Edited by IronJambo

Just now, IronJambo said:

They do a penguin parade I think.

Not as good as getting to meet them properly in their enclosure though.

It's something I'm looking forward to post pandemic. The Wife and I taking the Granddaughter to see the Penguins. Can't wait! 

Yes, I'm a big wean. :D

Just now, ri Alban said:

It's something I'm looking forward to post pandemic. The Wife and I taking the Granddaughter to see the Penguins. Can't wait! 

Yes, I'm a big wean. :D

🤣 Well we went on honeymoon to South Africa so I could meet them on their own turf so I won't mock that.

A mate also bought me a meet the penguins experience at London zoo and if they do anything like that in Edinburgh I highly recommend it.

John Findlay

Had the pleasure of seeing penguins on both the Falkland Islands and South Georgia.

16 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

🤣 Well we went on honeymoon to South Africa so I could meet them on their own turf so I won't mock that.

A mate also bought me a meet the penguins experience at London zoo and if they do anything like that in Edinburgh I highly recommend it.

:thumb:

Penguin Parade is at 2pm every day.

Keepers throw the gates open and walk about with a bucket of fish.

Any penguins that come with them do so at their own pace and of their own free will.

Some days you get a mob of them, some days you only get a couple.

They like nibbling at shoe laces.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Penguin Parade is at 2pm every day.

Keepers throw the gates open and walk about with a bucket of fish.

Any penguins that come with them do so at their own pace and of their own free will.

Some days you get a mob of them, some days you only get a couple.

They like nibbling at shoe laces.

👍

No doubt, when I go, they'll stay in the Hoose. :D

Fxxx the SPFL

Haven't been for over five years will take to the jambo grandbairns ages two and three looking forward to it. Get it open now i can imagine when it does open that it will be some sort of pre bookings only.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

👍

No doubt, when I go, they'll stay in the Hoose. :D

If they go out, don't get too close.  When I last went, well over 20 years ago, one of the penguins fired out some regurgitated, fishy, manky stuff, which hit my nephew.

Tommy Brown
15 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

If they go out, don't get too close.  When I last went, well over 20 years ago, one of the penguins fired out some regurgitated, fishy, manky stuff, which hit my nephew.

I hope you booted the manky wee thing (penguin, not the nephew)

Disclaimer:

It was a jovial remark and should not be taken seriously.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Disclaimer:

I should have added that my nephew had been an annoying wee shite all day.  Well done that penguin. 

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Never been to the zoo for about 15 years.

But I went on the site last night and set up an adoption of a koala 🐨. £90.

I am shielding in lockdown and have spare cash. Just not spending.

Doing a 10 pm donation also.

Only £90? That's well cheap. Do they tell you what size of cage you need and what to feed it?

Also, if you get a kangaroo off them who do you suppose brings it to your house, Deliveroo?

EDIT: I know what adoption means, I just needed to set up my pathetic kangaroo gag.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Disclaimer:

PLM!

Tommy Brown
18 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Only £90? That's well cheap. Do they tell you what size of cage you need and what to feed it?

Also, if you get a kangaroo off them who do you suppose brings it to your house, Deliveroo?

EDIT: I know what adoption means, I just needed to set up my pathetic kangaroo gag.

:lol:

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Haven't been for over five years will take to the jambo grandbairns ages two and three looking forward to it. Get it open now i can imagine when it does open that it will be some sort of pre bookings only.

It's usually best to book ahead anyways, since the Pandas are on a time limit so you need to book the time you want to see those guys.

And you get discounts booking online.

23 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Not as grand anymore. They used to shepard them all out of their enclosure for the walk, but now due to animal rights they just open the gates and let whichever ones they want come out.

Do The Dance
38 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's usually best to book ahead anyways, since the Pandas are on a time limit so you need to book the time you want to see those guys.

They stopped the panda booking times a couple of years ago.

Fxxx the SPFL
43 minutes ago, Cade said:

cheers although is see DTD has said that Panda booking times have stopped. will wait and see what happens.

highlandjambo3

If you are ever down by Chester way you should visit Chester zoo....huge awesome run zoo.  If you like bats there is a large walk in bat cave where they are actually all around flying past your sweed......as your eyes get used to the dim light you start to see dozens of them hanging all around.........stinks though.

4 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

You need read David Walliams's "the slightly annoying elephant".

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

5 Sisters Zoo at West Calder is a much better day out for those ages than Edinburgh zoo

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Not as grand anymore. They used to shepard them all out of their enclosure for the walk, but now due to animal rights they just open the gates and let whichever ones they want come out.

Aye, but they'll put a wee trail of fish, or something, leading out of their enclosure to entice them, wont they?

Actually, @ri Alban mind and stick a couple of kippers in your pocket when you go.

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

If you are ever down by Chester way you should visit Chester zoo....huge awesome run zoo.  

I’ll go just for the Dole Whip.... 

Bats are awesome too.

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Aye, but they'll put a wee trail of fish, or something, leading out of their enclosure to entice them, wont they?

Actually, @ri Alban mind and stick a couple of kippers in your pocket when you go.

:D

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

5 Sisters Zoo at West Calder is a much better day out for those ages than Edinburgh zoo

My kids LOVE 5 Sisters Zoo. Think they prefer it to Edinburgh as their is no big hill to climb. Last time I was at Edinburgh the trailer was no longer available to take you up the hill. 

The Highland Wildlife Park is well worth a visit too. Same folk run it as Edinburgh zoo. Part safari part zoo. Another great day out.

Samuel Camazzola

The one at Camper down (Dundee) is decent for the price. 

There is a small zoo opened in Fife (near Ladybank) but not sure if they have all the intended animals in yet. 

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Have you been in @ri Alban taxi?

I think he always has a couple of kippers in his pocket.