Electric bike.....which one?

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

Thinking of getting an electrical assistance bike but don’t know much about these, we’re after two, one man one woman.  

Mrs and I are getting on a bit and, full day out cycling up and down hill is now out (mrs has underlying health problems).  They don’t need to look like a mountain bike or racer but, fairly good upright posture and comfortable.  I get the varying degrees of assistance you get based on how you set up the bike which has an impact on the battery life etc.   Budget is £1000 per bike.  We don’t need to be hurtling along at any great speed and a range of 20ish miles.

Anyone got one of these? Any experience? Etc....... any pics/links would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Unknown user

When we moved back I got a wee folding e bike, my knees couldn't take cycling here. 

Mine was cheap, 200 quid off craigslist, and an absolute bargain. I had to buy a charger for 50 quid, but still. (Havent used it since november, anyone want a bargain?)

They're great things, I used to see proper old dears out on them in holland, and sounds like you'll be spending enough to get something decent. 

There's a guy on here who sells them but I can't remember who,  hopefully someone will.

highlandjambo3
46 minutes ago, Cheile said:

We have two of these, one black and one sort of maroon like the one in the video. We are possibly in the market to sell them.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783DiVAEnSc&feature=share

Hi,

how old are they and, what sort of range are you getting on the battery with it’s least & most assistance settings also, have you run up any fairly steep hills at all?

thanks

27 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hi,

how old are they and, what sort of range are you getting on the battery with it’s least & most assistance settings also, have you run up any fairly steep hills at all?

thanks

They were bought new 3 years ago. The range is dependent on the terrain and how often you use pedal assist. Some fairly steep gradients have been tackled with little or no input from the battery. On average I would think about 25 mile range is possible but it is difficult to put a firm figure on it. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

When we moved back I got a wee folding e bike, my knees couldn't take cycling here. 

Mine was cheap, 200 quid off craigslist, and an absolute bargain. I had to buy a charger for 50 quid, but still. (Havent used it since november, anyone want a bargain?)

They're great things, I used to see proper old dears out on them in holland, and sounds like you'll be spending enough to get something decent. 

There's a guy on here who sells them but I can't remember who,  hopefully someone will.

The Facial Hair of a Sadly-Deceased Former Hearts' Left-Back runs, or used to run a bike shop in Edinburgh. No idea if he's still a member or if he still posts on here, however.