banned

Sharpie

31 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It was me who upset Bob. I thought he was digging for unsavoury info on the boy who was murdered by the police in America. There was a lot of that going on at the time on social media, and here, and still is. 

Bob, I apologise. I didn't know anything about you at the time and thought you were 'at it.' I acted like an arse towards you. 

I certainly never reported anything and I am banned from the thread too. I'm also happy to stick my apology up my arse sideways, if requested . 😉

Very manly of you to admit it. Took guts mate to hold your hand up, respect for that part.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

It was me who upset Bob. I thought he was digging for unsavoury info on the boy who was murdered by the police in America. There was a lot of that going on at the time on social media, and here, and still is. 

Bob, I apologise. I didn't know anything about you at the time and thought you were 'at it.' I acted like an arse towards you. 

I certainly never reported anything and I am banned from the thread too. I'm also happy to stick my apology up my arse sideways, if requested . 😉

That is a very sincere statement and apology, I truly appreciate and happy to have you in the bin with me. I have explained my reason, and take full responsiblity for my actions. I too apologise to you, and hold no grudge.

The whole thing got me thinking about JKB, I got my first PC around 2000. I hadn't a clue how you used one, bought a book Widows for Dummies One of the first things I found was a Hearts forum called Far From Gorgie. The webmaster was named Bill Duff. He was in Maryland USA. I asked him if there was any connection with Bill Duff who played for Hearts and it was his dad who was a school friend of mine. I got a call from Bill sr, he said he had no idea who Robert Sharp was, and later at night he thought oh god thats Sharpie so he called me. We had a good talk and that was good. Young Bill then said he was going to close his forum and suggested that I use JKB and I registered for it.

It has been a goldmine for me. In 2006 I was in hospital after cancer surgery. Hearts had a major game that weekend against Aberdeen. My daughter visited and I mentioned it to her, how I was anxious to hear the result and usually got the reports on JKB. She went to my house got on to JKB and got the score she thought the comments were hysterical, christ he's in bed wae cancer and he's worrying about Hearts. When that wonderful girl died the support from members of JKB was heart rending.

I just thought I would provide some background as to why my  banning had such an impact. I was wrong to say what I did I know threats of assault are not allowed so I let them down. 

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

21 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

That is a very sincere statement and apology, I truly appreciate and happy to have you in the bin with me. I have explained my reason, and take full responsiblity for my actions. I too apologise to you, and hold no grudge.

The whole thing got me thinking about JKB, I got my first PC around 2000. I hadn't a clue how you used one, bought a book Widows for Dummies One of the first things I found was a Hearts forum called Far From Gorgie. The webmaster was named Bill Duff. He was in Maryland USA. I asked him if there was any connection with Bill Duff who played for Hearts and it was his dad who was a school friend of mine. I got a call from Bill sr, he said he had no idea who Robert Sharp was, and later at night he thought oh god thats Sharpie so he called me. We had a good talk and that was good. Young Bill then said he was going to close his forum and suggested that I use JKB and I registered for it.

It has been a goldmine for me. In 2006 I was in hospital after cancer surgery. Hearts had a major game that weekend against Aberdeen. My daughter visited and I mentioned it to her, how I was anxious to hear the result and usually got the reports on JKB. She went to my house got on to JKB and got the score she thought the comments were hysterical, christ he's in bed wae cancer and he's worrying about Hearts. When that wonderful girl died the support from members of JKB was heart rending.

I just thought I would provide some background as to why my  banning had such an impact. I was wrong to say what I did I know threats of assault are not allowed so I let them down. 

I'm very grateful that you have accepted my apology in such a fine manner, Bob. Take it easy pal. 😊

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Boo! 

:troll:

I started to answer but don't want another ban. I wonder if I wrote it in French if it would count.😇

6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I started to answer but don't want another ban. I wonder if I wrote it in French if it would count.😇

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

If you can write well in French, Bob, you’d be doing better than I could!  :sad: 

And I feckin well live there!  :sadrobbo:

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If you can write well in French, Bob, you’d be doing better than I could!  :sad: 

And I feckin well live there!  :sadrobbo:

Try drinking more Morgan. I become multilingual when I've had a few light refreshments. At least, my wife says she cannae understand a thing I'm talkin' about.

32 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Try drinking more Morgan. I become multilingual when I've had a few light refreshments. At least, my wife says she cannae understand a thing I'm talkin' about.

If I drank much more, I wouldn’t still have a wife.

:biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No downside then? :wink:

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

No downside then? :wink:

I’d miss it too much.

And my wife, I suppose.

45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aye, a wee draw back maybe, but think of the language skills you'd have. At least, temporarily.

55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

is it even possible for you to drink more?

17 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Aye, a wee draw back maybe, but think of the language skills you'd have. At least, temporarily.

A wee draw back. :) 

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

is it even possible for you to drink more?

Actually, no.

:olly:

I was wondering where bobsharp had disappeared to - not just that thread but in general :lol: 

CID won't be after my CV anytime soon.

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

Think of the benefits. All the gals like a cunning linguist!

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Oh I say ! Well played sir !:yas:

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

Same mate, used to attend a bike rally near Aachen and found my schoolboy German could get me through a night with non English speakers. #palsforlife

42 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:greggy:  That’s my boy!

9 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

See, even the bad guys on Kickback are really the good guys.

:D 👍

10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See, even the bad guys on Kickback are really the good guys.

:D 👍

Kickback get together over a beer when Covid does one?

Good guys only 👍

This thread is now redundant, the thread involved has now kindly been restored.

Just now, Sharpie said:

This thread is now redundant, the thread involved has now kindly been restored.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic