banned

Sharpie

So after quite a few years as a Kickbacker I finally got banned. from a thread. Well it was worth it, my apologies to the people who had to do it I understand your reasons, but as I say  I spoke from the heart to an individual who called me a name that I have not earned for doing something I repel against when I see it happen, but threats of violence are not allowed, although it was not a threat more a promise. 

I tried sending you a message, Bob, but it says that you can't receive them. So before this thread gets deleted, which it will, just a wee message to say that you shouldn't worry about being thread banned. I've been thread banned two or three times myself. You've always been a great contributor to this forum and hopefully you'll continue to do so for a good while to come.

Edited by redjambo

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I tried sending you a message, Bob, but it says that you can't receive them. So before this thread gets deleted, which it will, just a wee message to say that you shouldn't worry about being thread banned. I've been thread banned two or three times myself. You've always been a great contributor to this forum and hopefully you'll continue to do so for a good while to come.

Only 2 or 3, Rid?

:Aye:

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

He'll or Hell not help you. :D

:D I was trying to say that I was a saint.

10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D I was trying to say that I was a saint.

You're no Saint, you're a Jambo! 👍

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

So after quite a few years as a Kickbacker I finally got banned. from a thread. Well it was worth it, my apologies to the people who had to do it I understand your reasons, but as I say  I spoke from the heart to an individual who called me a name that I have not earned for doing something I repel against when I see it happen, but threats of violence are not allowed, although it was not a threat more a promise. 

Your one of the best posters and a good person, dont worry bud, 

Dinny worry about it Bob. I got banned as well for someone calling me and other fellow posters a racists. I admit i did use insulting terms though I regret nothing. 

SectionDJambo

Bob,

I have to say that I enjoy your contributions to threads on here. I was born in the early 50s, which saved me from national service or wartime service. I greatly admire people who served during the various conflicts and skirmishes of the 40s onwards, who do not hold grudges against the people of the countries or areas involved, only the people responsible for the resulting suffering and ongoing instability and hate.

We live in different times now, where people who have no idea what it’s like to be placed in those kind of circumstances, by national service, not by choice, give views that expose their lack of real life experience.

My, German, mother met my father during his wartime service, and they settled in Edinburgh and Midlothian in the late 40s. She said that Britain was a wonderful place at that time, but over the years the discipline, mutual respect and responsibility of people just gradually deteriorated over the years. 
You are a reminder of the good that was prevalent during times that people knew what the alternatives to that decency, and open thought, were.

Don’t give up on your keyboard.

Edited by SectionDJambo

Ron Burgundy
22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Dinny worry about it Bob. I got banned as well for someone calling me and other fellow posters a racists. I admit i did use insulting terms though I regret nothing. 

That's just the way of the world. Someone calls you racist as that is their lazy default position, respond and you are the bad guy.

The name caller walks away scot free.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Worlds gone mad, never thought I’d see you get banned from a thread.

5 hours ago, redjambo said:

Not believing you’ve only had 2 or 3, surely has to be in double figures

:trippin:

I’ve only had 1, but I’m a well behaved lad

:verysmug:

:tt2:

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Too many people on here throwing the racist tag at fellow posters, with no grounds whatsoever for it. It’s such an easy option for them when they have nothing of any real substance to add to the discussion. 

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's just the way of the world. Someone calls you racist as that is their lazy default position, respond and you are the bad guy.

The name caller walks away scot free.

Indeed, that does appear to be the way it works.

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, that does appear to be the way it works.

14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Worlds gone mad, never thought I’d see you get banned from a thread.

Not believing you’ve only had 2 or 3, surely has to be in double figures

:trippin:

I’ve only had 1, but I’m a well behaved lad

:verysmug:

:tt2:

Too many people on here throwing the racist tag at fellow posters, with no grounds whatsoever for it. It’s such an easy option for them when they have nothing of any real substance to add to the discussion. 

Not going to blame the moderators on here as ultimately they have a forum to run and generally do it excellently well. But I don't think they should be allowing posters to publicly accuse others of racism without merit.  Fairly easy to do when you enjoy the anonymity of a username and keyboard but many posters on here know me personally. I wouldn't like the stigma attached to me. Not that anyone would take that serious but that isn't the point. 

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Not going to blame the moderators on here as ultimately they have a forum to run and generally do it excellently well. But I don't think they should be allowing posters to publicly accuse others of racism without merit.  Fairly easy to do when you enjoy the anonymity of a username and keyboard but many posters on here know me personally. I wouldn't like the stigma attached to me. Not that anyone would take that serious but that isn't the point. 

Very fair point.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don’t know what it was you posted, must have missed this one. Of all the posts I have read from yourself on that subject, none of them could be deemed offensive in my opinion.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

If it was the post about shoving something up someone's arse sideways then you have my full backing. 👍

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

If it was the post about shoving something up someone's arse sideways then you have my full backing. 👍

It couldn't have been for that surley???

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

And mine.

Ive had complete forum suspensions for absolutely nothing so i wouldn't be bothering about a thread ban. 

Fortunately i realised this place has no bearing on reality whatsoever a long time ago. 

You have to admire the work done to very worthwhile causes though. 

26 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It couldn't have been for that surley???

Don't call him Surley, or he'll get surly. :)

Edited by ri Alban

Pfft. Only one thread ban. I've got more bans in my account than in a German street map

4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Pfft. Only one thread ban. I've got more bans in my account than in a German street map

Away, really😅

Thanks guys but I should have known better, I have two words I often condemn here on JKB one is liar because I see no need to lie on a forum. The other is hate. In this case I was called a liar and that stirred the old Bob. There is no need for assault and thats what I did, so mods no complaints from me keep up the good work.

Jambo-Jimbo
56 minutes ago, graygo said:

And mine.

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

Whatever happened to debate?

It died when people can call other posters racists with no justification or proof whatsoever and nothing happens to them, but if you reply, that's a different story apparently as pointed out by another poster above.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It died when people can call other posters racists with no justification or proof whatsoever and nothing happens to them, but if you reply, that's a different story apparently as pointed out by another poster above.

And that pretty much sums up the position. 

I haven't been banned for a while...must be mellowing in my old age...

Sometimes thread bans are good. It stops you mingling with the arse holes. I got banned from the levein oot thread last year. Was a blessing, stopped having to read peoples embarrassing support of a failed manager.

Wouldn't worry about it in the slighest.

1 hour ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Sometimes thread bans are good. It stops you mingling with the arse holes. I got banned from the levein oot thread last year. Was a blessing, stopped having to read peoples embarrassing support of a failed manager.

Wouldn't worry about it in the slightest.

I am not worried, I am a bit disappointed in a subject that I have participated in from day one is now denied to me. I asked a simple question about the dead man, as I had seen no information about him on the news programs. I pointed out that I simply wanted to know who he was as a man and not as a victim. That question and comment was highlighted by a poster who called me a liar, I take it suggesting something else. He did so while telling me a word they used to describe liars when he was at school, I made a rude suggestion. The person has about three hundred posts, he is either a young person or someone who has changed his name and knows me from the past whatever as a result of his comment and my response I am now denied the ability to discuss a matter that is being described as the largest of its kind in recent history and is being protested in almost every country in the world. I guess when it comes down to it OWMDM.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

I am not worried, I am a bit disappointed in a subject that I have participated in from day one is now denied to me. I asked a simple question about the dead man, as I had seen no information about him on the news programs. I pointed out that I simply wanted to know who he was as a man and not as a victim. That question and comment was highlighted by a poster who called me a liar, I take it suggesting something else. He did so while telling me a word they used to describe liars when he was at school, I made a rude suggestion. The person has about three hundred posts, he is either a young person or someone who has changed his name and knows me from the past whatever as a result of his comment and my response I am now denied the ability to discuss a matter that is being described as the largest of its kind in recent history and is being protested in almost every country in the world. I guess when it comes down to it OWMDM.

Has the person who called you a liar also been  banned Bob? 

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Has the person who called you a liar also been  banned Bob? 

Never asked don't care, he is excrement to me.

1 minute ago, Sharpie said:

Never asked don't care, he is excrement to me.

Ok, just interested if he was banned, surely he should've been.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Ok, just interested if he was banned, surely he should've been.

Is it who I think it is?

27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is it who I think it is?

I think so.

Greedy Jambo

I get the impression that there's a few snowflakes on here that go crying to the mods at every opportunity. 

Most of them like to give it out but can't handle it when you answer back to them. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Is it who I think it is?

Give us a clue?

Jambof3tornado
On 10/06/2020 at 05:17, CostaJambo said:

Hope your card isn't permanently marked, Sharpie.

Most underrated post ever!!!

Superb.

Sorry for your loss of privileges Sharpie.

Ainsley Harriott
17 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I haven't been banned for a while...must be mellowing in my old age...

Its because your a nationalist. Nationalists can say whatever they like on political threads 

22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Mods...thread ban for discussing Mod actions!

Can I choose what thread? If so, ban me from the Covid19 thread on the terrace to stop me refreshing it every 5 minutes. :lol: 

I've had a ban for giving someone a suggestion for a fancy dress outfit, and a warning for a Microsoft paint picture.  I'm a reformed character now. :angel:

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Its because your a nationalist. Nationalists can say whatever they like on political threads 

Internationalist mate :thumbs_up:

Getting banned is like losing your virginity. Its your first time, there's a lot of emotion involved, you question yourself..."it was OK right?".

Ultimately though......you kinda want to do it again.....

maroonlegions

How is this thread still going.:berra:

Is there cases of folk getting banned from threads after losing the heid due to being trolled in the first place,??

I mean being targeted with a personal OFF TOPIC  sneaky attack that is aimed at a angry reply, then that troll sneaks of to the Mods, grasses that person up, plays the victim  and gets that person banned from the thread , all from a personal viewpoint.

Has happened in my work were a small number of cliques  do exactly the above. 

Could be for a number of reasons, personal grudges, maybe that person has owned them on other threads  and they have built up personal grudges..???

After all we are all Jambos, well hopefully.

104210112_1494226174083821_2707731538490571291_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

Weakened Offender
43 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

How is this thread still going.:berra:

Is there cases of folk getting banned from threads after losing the heid due to being trolled in the first place,??

I mean being targeted with a personal OFF TOPIC  sneaky attack that is aimed at a angry reply, then that troll sneaks of to the Mods, grasses that person up, plays the victim  and gets that person banned from the thread , all from a personal viewpoint.

Has happened in my work were a small number of cliques  do exactly the above. 

Could be for a number of reasons, personal grudges, maybe that person has owned them on other threads  and they have built up personal grudges..???

After all we are all Jambos, well hopefully.

104210112_1494226174083821_2707731538490571291_n.jpg

It was me who upset Bob. I thought he was digging for unsavoury info on the boy who was murdered by the police in America. There was a lot of that going on at the time on social media, and here, and still is. 

Bob, I apologise. I didn't know anything about you at the time and thought you were 'at it.' I acted like an arse towards you. 

I certainly never reported anything and I am banned from the thread too. I'm also happy to stick my apology up my arse sideways, if requested . 😉

Edited by Weakened Offender

• Maple Leaf locked this topic