• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

giphy.webp

Not being allowed to watch it with sound as my wife is watching about another true life murder from 30 years ago, but TBH America has a wildly unbalanced society with many more people at either end of the spectrum of wealth and the spectrum itself being much broader than in the UK...Perhaps all these people who live in fear, clutching their guns do need to take a look at themselves and their society, even the celebs outside their gated communities?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Cade said:

UK Demographics.

White 87.2%

Black 3%

Indian 2.3%

Pakistani 1.9%

Mixed 2%

Other 3.6%

Get a bit of perspective.

You forgot.

Arsehole 82%

Internet Arsehole 18%

2 hours ago, Cade said:

UK Demographics.

White 87.2%

Black 3%

Indian 2.3%

Pakistani 1.9%

Mixed 2%

Other 3.6%

Those stats are really strange. How can mixed only be 2%? Not saying figures are wrong just surprised.

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, pablo said:

Hope Greyfriars Bobby is safe and well 🙏 

Heard he once growled at a drunk person, so that'll be him fecked.

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aren't dogs known to be quite racist? 

Naw, I've 5 dogs and 2 bitches, not bothered thier are arse what colour they shag or shags them, not bothered a bit.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

:lol:

I was going to give you another answer but some posters are a bit edgy.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not sure, think they're not that fussy who they bite, mind they are partial to a bit of postman from time to time, so does that count?

Pre industrialisation, overseas Investments were the main earner for capital. It was what people with money did. Are we right to criticise them for following the thinking and behaviours of their times? It's in the past and in the past it should remain. We learn from history and act accordingly These folk jumping about and destroying property will be using phones playstations etc sports  goods  wearing cheap Primark  Clothes &T shirts from Gap or Next or one of your High street brands Made in and shipped from the far East and a profit made on the sale? How about the Eastern Europeans who pick fruit for wages that British folk won't? Slavery is still abundant but we turn a blind eye to it when it gives us cheap clothes and food and employment 

46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Those stats are really strange. How can mixed only be 2%? Not saying figures are wrong just surprised.

2011 census.

That's what ethnicities people classed themselves as.

Is it ironic that after this is all over the only people with statues to them will be those who are whiter than white?

I don't agree with removing the statue to Thomas Guy just because he had some equity in a slave business. Quite a shameful and pandering act by Khan if he does that. Cromwell's statue is not being discussed because I assume the people he harmed were not black. Isn't that racist?  And people need to get real about the slave trade; it was a trade that existed before the Portuguese and Spanish landed on the Gold Coast. The only difference was transportation once BOUGHT from the warring local kingdoms. The Islamic trade was bigger as we know, and thanks to Dave Cameron there is thriving market in Libya today for blacks without the fare to Europe.  Not much being said about that tho.  

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I don't agree with removing the statue to Thomas Guy just because he had some equity in a slave business. Quite a shameful and pandering act by Khan if he does that. Cromwell's statue is not being discussed because I assume the people he harmed were not black. Isn't that racist?  And people need to get real about the slave trade; it was a trade that existed before the Portuguese and Spanish landed on the Gold Coast. The only difference was transportation once BOUGHT from the warring local kingdoms. The Islamic trade was bigger as we know, and thanks to Dave Cameron there is thriving market in Libya today for blacks without the fare to Europe.  Not much being said about that tho.  

The whole thing is becoming a farce.

8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The whole thing is becoming a farce.

Totally, you'd think Chauvin was in the MET.  

Space Mackerel

Quite enjoyed and being educated at “13th” on Netflix last night. 

But I’m not a Tommy Robinson supporter. 

Protest about something you can actually influence and change. the past is inviolate and cannot be changed. Go after Phillip Green or some of the other robber barons who still exploit vulnerable people for their own profits. And for what? To increase their already unnecessary wealth? Some people could use some guidance on the meaning of "enough". 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, samgolden said:

Protest about something you can actually influence and change. the past is inviolate and cannot be changed. Go after Phillip Green or some of the other robber barons who still exploit vulnerable people for their own profits. And for what? To increase their already unnecessary wealth? Some people could use some guidance on the meaning of "enough". 

The past history and the polices before effect what goes on now. 

CF11JamTart
1 hour ago, samgolden said:

Pre industrialisation, overseas Investments were the main earner for capital. It was what people with money did. Are we right to criticise them for following the thinking and behaviours of their times? It's in the past and in the past it should remain. We learn from history and act accordingly These folk jumping about and destroying property will be using phones playstations etc sports  goods  wearing cheap Primark  Clothes &T shirts from Gap or Next or one of your High street brands Made in and shipped from the far East and a profit made on the sale? How about the Eastern Europeans who pick fruit for wages that British folk won't? Slavery is still abundant but we turn a blind eye to it when it gives us cheap clothes and food and employment 

Agreed. It would be good if there was focus on inequality, exploitation, modern slavery in the here-and-now. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

I was going to give you another answer but some posters are a bit edgy.

or transgender maybe...? the dog who played " Lassie " in the 1940s was in fact a " laddie" ! 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, JamesM48 said:

or transgender maybe...? the dog who played " Lassie " in the 1940s was in fact a " laddie" ! 

That’s correct.

MR INCREDIBLE
7 hours ago, The Brow said:

Most racists use lines like 'this country is finished'. 

We have one properly outed racist here. Insinuating Enoch Powell was correct ffs. Silly *****. 

Absolutely correct 100%

Everybody knows it but not everybody wants to admit it. 

You sound like a typical tree hugger... Someone doesn't agree with your views and they must be a racist. 

On 07/06/2020 at 20:36, jack D and coke said:

Kickback loves to call people racists. 

Didn’t even notice this thread mate.  Saddens me more than it should really annoy me. Self centred over privileged people that should really know better and I agree with at times, a lot of times on HMFC matters.

The protests recently really upset me.  My dad had to drive on his own, out the house for the first time since March to the airport to get tested, in that time my children have only seen on FaceTime they have another grandchild born in this time, to make it what? 7 grandchildren the baby that my mum and dad have never been able to hold all in complete fear it will be the end of him - he thankfully god willing was negative it’s just his intense chemo that’s making him have an even less taste of anything.  On the other hand we buried my partners gran last month, a nicer person you couldn’t find. 

Protest when it’s safe about anything.  Our parents and grandparents lives matter more than anything right now.  Justice will come for whoever killed the guy in America as it would hopefully come anywhere else.  That’s not our fight just now. 

Edited by Last Laff

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The guy that killed him was a racist with 18 former complaints against him, you’re right and millions who believe it was a racist act are wrong?

So can you tell us how those 18 complaints make him a racist please

16 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I know he was killed by a racist cop who restrained someone who wasn’t resisting arrest and was asked by his fellow officers to stop, because he was black. I’m sure a court of law will prove it too.

You know...Evidence to back this up please. 

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think they won’t divulge what the 18 complaints were for? Here’s some info on the other people of colour he’s shot. Having watched him kill an incapacitated black man with hand cuffs on being restrained by two other guys and a traineee asking them to stop is hardly prejudging someone is it?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/derek-chauvin-flyer-accuracy/

Eh? One report says the guy tried to take the officers gun. Another says the guy had a shotgun.

15 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Waiting for every pope statue to be hauled down due to the crusades

every crucifix and church due to the genocides in the Old Testament 

and Manchester City ground turned to dust due to their owners homophobic persecutions and perpetuation of modern slavery and misogyny

Where will it all stop🤷🏼‍♂️

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure what other proof I can give you to show why I believe him to be a racist, just as much you have no proof that he isn’t. Whether you know what constitutes being a racist is for other to decide not you are I.

You don’t really have any proof, other than one person claiming he had a different attitude on certain club nights. Other people claiming he had anger issues, maybe that was his main problem why he killed him. YIt seems you’ve just decided that because he’s white and murdered a black man, he must be racist.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Nucky Thompson

Fawlty Towers 'don't mention the war' episode has been removed from the archives :vrface:

Looney left feckwits 

6 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Absolutely correct 100%

Everybody knows it but not everybody wants to admit it. 

You sound like a typical tree hugger... Someone doesn't agree with your views and they must be a racist. 

Sorry, I was away hugging trees. 

Im all for debate, and I found Spellczech's reply to my post quite interesting as he actually went into detail about the reasons for the way he saw it. The world would be a very boring place if this was all one big echo chamber. 

The way I see it is that most people are fairly central - they have a leaning towards the left or the right but in real life, they arent screaming banshees. Unfortunately the internet has now become a tool for the far right and far left loonies who have zero perspective or respect for others views, to make the most noise. It is incredible that the phrase 'leftie' is now is now an insult as it insinuates the person giving the insult is a rightie. Imagine admitting out loud that you're right wing ffs. 

You also have the recent phenomenon of middle aged people & social media. Take this week for instance - all the teeth gnashing at programes being removed, when half the info they get is a) wrong and b) from sources that arent credible at best. The first thing they do is plaster social media (a tool that half of them can barely comprehend). For a good example see the whole WHITE CHICKS IS RACIST chat. 

Anyway, I digress. I did agree with a video I saw that basically said that instead of arguing with protests during a pandemic, ask yourself why people felt they needed to protest during a pandemic. The vast majority of the protests were peaceful, the protesters wore masks & gloves. If your main gripe is some statue getting dumped in a river, then you may need to examine your own moral compass. 

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Didn’t even notice this thread mate.  Saddens me more than it should really annoy me. Self centred over privileged people that should really know better and I agree with at times, a lot of times on HMFC matters.

The protests recently really upset me.  My dad had to drive on his own, out the house for the first time since March to the airport to get tested, in that time my children have only seen on FaceTime they have another grandchild born in this time, to make it what? 7 grandchildren the baby that my mum and dad have never been able to hold all in complete fear it will be the end of him - he thankfully god willing was negative it’s just his intense chemo that’s making him have an even less taste of anything.  On the other hand we buried my partners gran last month, a nicer person you couldn’t find. 

Protest when it’s safe about anything.  Our parents and grandparents lives matter more than anything right now.  Justice will come for whoever killed the guy in America as it would hopefully come anywhere else.  That’s not our fight just now. 

That’s brutal man. Hope this lockdown is over soon and your old man and your mum can see their new grandkid👍🏼

36 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Anyway, I digress. I did agree with a video I saw that basically said that instead of arguing with protests during a pandemic, ask yourself why people felt they needed to protest during a pandemic. The vast majority of the protests were peaceful, the protesters wore masks & gloves. If your main gripe is some statue getting dumped in a river, then you may need to examine your own moral compass. 

Would be interested to see that video, but the rationale you give above is pure deflection. Politicians do it all the time - "Don't ask me that question, you should be asking me this question, which I will now answer instead." How can you have any agreement with such a video as the content of it can only be different to the original question it is meant to be addressing, and is probably in the title?

If that kind of "answer" convinces you, then whoever made it has successfully made an utter mug out of you I'm afraid...You've been patronised and misled and then patted on the head, and you've loved it...

Edited by Spellczech

54 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Fawlty Towers 'don't mention the war' episode has been removed from the archives :vrface:

Looney left feckwits 

I expect some Blackadder will go soon too. :( 

The Internet
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Looney left feckwits 

Supposedly because of the major's joke about the West indies, not the German thing. 

31 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Would be interested to see that video, but the rationale you give above is pure deflection. Politicians do it all the time - "Don't ask me that question, you should be asking me this question, which I will now answer instead." How can you have any agreement with such a video as the content of it can only be different to the original question it is meant to be addressing, and is probably in the title?

If that kind of "answer" convinces you, then whoever made it has successfully made an utter mug out of you I'm afraid...You've been patronised and misled and then patted on the head, and you've loved it...

Okay - what I should have said was - the protests didnt bother me one bit. I can see why they protested, and its their right to protest. Im not arsed about a second wave as the vast majority of people have ignored the bits of the governments advice that they didnt like, and if we can celebrate VE day, we can sure as **** protest. If a second wave comes then I'll do what I did for the first wave. Sit in my lovely garden, in my lovely street, having a grand time whilst getting 100% of my pay for 10% of the work. Hopefully the sun keep shining and I can work on my tan, which is going well. Is that how the edge lords do it? Bit of wummery for good measure and not giving a toss about anyone else? Can I join your gang yet? 

Is that better?

I'm not sure why you're so confrontational in your posting style. It just makes people think that you're a complete dick. 

You dont have to answer as Im off out for breakfast in the garden now and its sunny so I wont be back on until next week. 

Edited by The Brow

24 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Okay - what I should have said was - the protests didnt bother me one bit. I can see why they protested, and its their right to protest. Im not arsed about a second wave as the vast majority of people have ignored the bits of the governments advice that they didnt like, and if we can celebrate VE day, we can sure as **** protest. If a second wave comes then I'll do what I did for the first wave. Sit in my lovely garden, in my lovely street, having a grand time whilst getting 100% of my pay for 10% of the work. Hopefully the sun keep shining and I can work on my tan, which is going well. Is that how the edge lords do it? Bit of wummery for good measure and not giving a toss about anyone else? Can I join your gang yet? 

Is that better?

I'm not sure why you're so confrontational in your posting style. It just makes people think that you're a complete dick. 

You dont have to answer as Im off out for breakfast in the garden now and its sunny so I wont be back on until next week. 

Join my gang? You are taking the "don't give a sht about the pandemic" attitude of the protesters and foisting it upon every person who respected the guidelines, advice and law regarding the pandemic for 10+ weeks...

You pretend that you care about people's feelings yet you are admitting it is only some peoples' feelings - not the self-employed whose liveliehoods have been destroyed or the vulnerable who are still shielding away, watching in horror as the people you support protest about 200 year old dead guys' statues as if they matter a jot to black oppression. This country has laws protecting people from discrimination of all sorts but the laws which are meant to try to protect people from a pandemic are flouted so people can bash a bit of bronze. Do you not see the irony of the "I cannot breathe" phrase? It was the same thing people were saying when dying of Covid...Do you not see the irony of the "taking the knee" demonstration, when it was exactly that act but with a wholly different intent and purpose which killed George Floyd? 

Sorry but these people are protesting for everything and therefore nothing - protesting without focus, without definite - or far too many - demands is utterly, utterly pointless...No focus, no point. 

Have a look at yourself. Your values are inconsistent, and your priorities are wrong. You are a hypocrite and a bleeding heart band-wagon jumper who allows himself to be hoodwinked by the oldest trick in the politician's book...

Edited by Spellczech

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Looney left feckwits 

Ffs.

44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂

it would be laughable, but it's actually quite scary that people cannot see when they are being played, manipulated, conned...Are these protests about the killing of a reformed petty criminal in Minneapolis? Perhaps originally, but then opportunist agitators took over. People have been locked down and are bored of Covid. Nothing else happening in the news. Great opportunity...,  the death of a guy in Minnesota was dressed up as the catalyst for their "movement". Nobody really knows what they want but it isn't equality. The black people appear to want a foot up within society. They want a boost that no other immigrant population has ever been given and are guilt tripping everyone with 200 year old history to try to get it. Some of the extremists even want cold hard cash as reparations for "their ancestors"! Well, in my book they should be focussed on modern slavery rather than historic slavery, but then that would not get them anything personally...Ergo this is not about slavery, as I've said before, this is about economics.

Captain Sausage
38 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Join my gang? You are taking the "don't give a sht about the pandemic" attitude of the protesters and foisting it upon every person who respected the guidelines, advice and law regarding the pandemic for 10+ weeks...

You pretend that you care about people's feelings yet you are admitting it is only some peoples' feelings - not the self-employed whose liveliehoods have been destroyed or the vulnerable who are still shielding away, watching in horror as the people you support protest about 200 year old dead guys' statues as if they matter a jot to black oppression. This country has laws protecting people from discrimination of all sorts but the laws which are meant to try to protect people from a pandemic are flouted so people can bash a bit of bronze. Do you not see the irony of the "I cannot breathe" phrase? It was the same thing people were saying when dying of Covid...Do you not see the irony of the "taking the knee" demonstration, when it was exactly that act but with a wholly different intent and purpose which killed George Floyd? 

Sorry but these people are protesting for everything and therefore nothing - protesting without focus, without definite - or far too many - demands is utterly, utterly pointless...No focus, no point. 

Have a look at yourself. Your values are inconsistent, and your priorities are wrong. You are a hypocrite and a bleeding heart band-wagon jumper who allows himself to be hoodwinked by the oldest trick in the politician's book...

1C38E73A-CDEF-405B-8873-069CFB1009D2.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I just found quite a good comeback by JKB standard, 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s always been about economics. 

Cheers - I just re-read it and noticed that I'm a poet and didn't know it!

Ron Burgundy
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

it would be laughable, but it's actually quite scary that people cannot see when they are being played, manipulated, conned...Are these protests about the killing of a reformed petty criminal in Minneapolis? Perhaps originally, but then opportunist agitators took over. People have been locked down and are bored of Covid. Nothing else happening in the news. Great opportunity...,  the death of a guy in Minnesota was dressed up as the catalyst for their "movement". Nobody really knows what they want but it isn't equality. The black people appear to want a foot up within society. They want a boost that no other immigrant population has ever been given and are guilt tripping everyone with 200 year old history to try to get it. Some of the extremists even want cold hard cash as reparations for "their ancestors"! Well, in my book they should be focussed on modern slavery rather than historic slavery, but then that would not get them anything personally...Ergo this is not about slavery, as I've said before, this is about economics.

Agree with all of that except the bit in bold. He certainly didn't appear to be reformed and he was no petty criminal. He was a violent thug.