Black Lives Matter Protest.

Ainsley Harriott

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I agree there were idiots causing mayhem, but a police horse doing crowd control shouldn't be spooked by anything.

I expect any horse hit by thrown bicycles to be spooked.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, maroonlegions said:

What like the ones who flocked to the beaches too. What did you expect would happen at the world rightly outraged at the killing of that black man. Were you outraged , were you angry???   

Two wrongs doesn’t make a right.

AlimOzturk
3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

What like the ones who flocked to the beaches too. What did you expect would happen at the world rightly outraged at the killing of that black man. Were you outraged , were you angry???   

I wasn't outraged though I understand why folk were.  Doesn't make me a racist though. 

Ultimately you are calling folk on this thread a racist without actually knowing them. Pretty ****ing serious statements to be throwing around. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My elderly parents with health conditions like many others parents have, will be sitting trapped and terrified of catching Covid-19 watching these idiots on the news. Thank, thanks very much you ####ing arseholes. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The spooked horse runs off and trampled on a pedestrian. She may well have been trampled on by other horses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2186944/Video-Police-knocked-horse-BLM-demonstration-London.html?mwv_rm=rta

Don't shoot the messenger, I only posted the video because another poster said she'd almost been murdered by a protester.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I have missed two loved ones funerals because of this ****ing virus (non Covid related deaths) and here you are boasting about your day out to the parliament and how well you all socially distanced. 

Hope you are truly proud of your efforts. Not that it will the slightest bit of difference. 

I wasn’t there. I’m sorry to hear about your loved ones buts that’s nothing to do with today. As I said the Police were there and were there and if there was anything untoward I’m sure they would’ve acted. We can only wait and see if this causes a spike but there are not that many cases in Edinburgh just now. Who knows what difference this demonstration will make.

Pasquale for King

Don't shoot the messenger, I only posted the video because another poster said she'd almost been murdered by a protester.

Sorry I was scrolling up rather than down, she caused the whole situation and hurt herself then perhaps got trodden on. No sure why she was going at that speed, maybe it was spooked. 

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Again I think the violent protesters are arseholes, but a police horse that gets spooked is a danger to the rider, protesters and innocent bystanders.

The one in the video will be in Tesco's beef lasagne by tomorrow.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I wasn't outraged though I understand why folk were.  Doesn't make me a racist though. 

Ultimately you are calling folk on this thread a racist without actually knowing them. Pretty ****ing serious statements to be throwing around. 

Kickback loves to call people racists. 

luckyBatistuta

Again I think the violent protesters are arseholes, but a police horse that gets spooked is a danger to the rider, protesters and innocent bystanders.

Thank god my lasagne is already sitting in my fridge

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It certainly does.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Throwing bicycles at police horses, what kind of moron do you have to be. The whole time you’re there, pretending to be thinking of George Floyd

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wasn’t there. I’m sorry to hear about your loved ones buts that’s nothing to do with today. As I said the Police were there and were there and if there was anything untoward I’m sure they would’ve acted. We can only wait and see if this causes a spike but there are not that many cases in Edinburgh just now. Who knows what difference this demonstration will make.

Apologies I thought with the way you posted  you were in attendance. Likelihood of this causing a spike is low due to as you rightly said the numbers being kow That isn't the point though...the moral outrage directed towards Dominic Cummings was massive. The message was there cant be one rule for some and different for others. Clearly not though. It doesn't matter how big the black lives matter cause is...they shouldn't be allowed break the ****ing rules.  There is a lockdown and social distancing measures in place. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Apologies I thought with the way you posted  you were in attendance. Likelihood of this causing a spike is low due to as you rightly said the numbers being kow That isn't the point though...the moral outrage directed towards Dominic Cummings was massive. The message was there cant be one rule for some and different for others. Clearly not though. It doesn't matter how big the black lives matter cause is...they shouldn't be allowed break the ****ing rules.  There is a lockdown and social distancing measures in place. 

👏👏👏

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the easy option

Harry Potter
34 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So many white people out in force virtue signalling to the world makes me cringe beyond belief. A few utter roasters on this thread doing that very same thing. Thousands of folk made the very illegal decision today to gather in mass protest. I have made my feeling clear about the lock down measures and how I disagree with them. However and I need to say this clearly for the thick ****s in the back - until it judged to be safe gather in crowds like they did today then you have done nothing but endanger the very big sacrifices made. 

Hope it was worth it. 

Probably ruined a few good weeks work on lockdown, hope im wrong.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just hope some can be identified and prosecuted.  

Who the guys that threw the bikes at the horses? Definitely.

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s the easy option

Very easy and utterly abhorrent mud to throw around. Have read back on the thread and despite a difference of opinion there hasn't been one single shred of racism. The mods should ban maroonlegion and anyone else who makes these unfounded and unjust  accusations at posters. 

13 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:laugh:

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yup, I’ll find out all about it later from the wife, when she tells me all about their ‘I was there’ Facebook posts. 

0088F283-4670-47FC-B1C0-FA6E370A2C0E.gif

I just saw on FB folks we know had got the train to Edinburgh from North Berwick to join the protest. Father took the teenage kids whilst the wife, who has been shitting it to even go out the last 10 weeks, sat at home.

Collectively they couldn't find motherwell on a map let alone minneapolis.

Isn't it great when the white middle class mobilise. 

You couldn't make it up. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I just saw on FB folks we know had got the train to Edinburgh from North Berwick to join the protest. Father took the teenage kids whilst the wife, who has been shitting it to even go out the last 10 weeks, sat at home.

You couldn't make it up. 

Brain dead, bet they were sitting on a packed train of fellow ‘look at me’ folks...with their kids too🙄

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tell the police, is it not their job to do that? The actions of Cummings, the lies told afterwards and the backing from certain parts of the UK government have actually made a mockery of the lockdown. The rule for him is now seen as the rules for everyone, especially down south. I won’t personally be breaking the rules for once, but I can see why people do it and especially for such a serious issue. 

Gammon's angrier at the drowning of a slavetrader’s statue than at the drowning of actual Africans in the Mediterranean.

Edited by Ritchez

You couldn't make it up. 

No doubt there is some people going because they want to elevate their social status and capture their attendance on camera. I still can't get my head around what Instagram influencers actually do. I saw some bizarre video of some white girl in the US with a drill to the head of a black man for a Instagram photo?

I support social distanced protests if it involves sitting spaced out in a park, holding signs and showing unity. But not congregating close together and ignoring the pandemic rules. From photos it looked like the Holyrood one was respecting that, the Glasgow Green photos are shocking.

You couldn't make it up. 

Obviously this North Berwick prawn sandwich brigade had to do there bit against the wicked Minneapolis PD whatever the lockdown advice says.  They can sleep easy in their sea view townhouse now. 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Brain dead, bet they were sitting on a packed train of fellow ‘look at me’ folks...with their kids too🙄

Yip. Selfies on the train with surgical type masks and gloves on. 

luckyBatistuta

Yip. Selfies on the train with surgical type masks and gloves on. 

Baffling, really is. I know what we’ll do today kids...let’s stick two fingers up to the government and at the same time we can endanger our own lives and the lives of others. We can even have a little picnic and takes lots of pictures for mummies Facebook.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Baffling, really is. I know what we’ll do today kids...let’s stick two fingers up to the government and at the same time we can endanger our own lives and the lives of others. We can even have a little picnic and takes lots of pictures for mummies Facebook.

Closer to the mark than you probably realise. 

Pissing and moaning about lockdown and small business support for months then this today, because, like, you just have to stop this injustice. 

I often wonder how the human race has managed to get this far. 

I 100% support the movement but the UK protests is such a slap in the face to us all who have given up so many things in our lives over the past 3 months. Not to mention all our NHS and other frontline worker working so hard to keep a pandemic under control. 

Generic Username
4 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Oft like your honesty but your about to be called a racist! It’s true where were these protest when Sheku Bayou died! oh aye that wasn’t trendy with celebrity supporters. 

The same folk at these protest will be celebrating St Patrick’s day and ignore St Andrews day. It’s all about what the cool kids are doing. 

I should know better than to reply, but here I am.

There were protests, demonstrations and marches in 2015 when Sheku died. I know because I was there. I attended his funeral and the procession which marched through Kirkcaldy, stopping at the police station. I attended another march in Kirkcaldy in late 2015 as well as the launch of the Justice For Sheku Bayoh campaign in Glasgow.

The expert level of suppression and misinformation put out in the immediate aftermath of his death helped stop any kind of traction it could ever gather at the time. I'd urge everyone to watch the BBC Disclosure episode on his death that's on the iPlayer and to also note the fact that his family and lawyers have all expressed their desire that anyone who wanted to protest today do so "virtually".

Remember, just because you don't remember seeing something, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Stay safe. 

I will be ****ing seething if we're back in full lockdown after this lunacy. Black lives will always matter. They mattered before the pandemic and they'll still matter after it. Why hold a protest like this now? Complete idiocy. If the value of people's lives is so high on your agenda, stay indoors ffs.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I will be ****ing seething if we're back in full lockdown after this lunacy. Black lives will always matter. They mattered before the pandemic and they'll still matter after it. Why hold a protest like this now? Complete idiocy. If the value of people's lives is so high on your agenda, stay indoors ffs.

Spot on.

AlimOzturk
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It won't o don't think. The rate of infection in Edinburgh and Scotland is so low now that the chances of it now spreading amongst ourselves is almost non existent. (I said almost it isn't impossible)

Still not the point however. 

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Well said, Ray.

The feckin protest should have been cancelled, for no other reason, than Covid 19.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anybody with half a brain would know that you weren’t being serious.

Ya thunk?!

52 minutes ago, Homme said:

I 100% support the movement but the UK protests is such a slap in the face to us all who have given up so many things in our lives over the past 3 months. Not to mention all our NHS and other frontline worker working so hard to keep a pandemic under control. 

This. 100% agree with it..... In America. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Well said, Ray.

The feckin protest should have been cancelled, for no other reason, than Covid 19.

And also because of the violence of the day before, everyone could see that the thug element was going to be in attendance today again and so it has proved, with running battles with groups of thugs in various parts of central London tonight as I speak.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And also because of the violence of the day before, everyone could see that the thug element was going to be in attendance today again and so it has proved, with running battles with groups of thugs in various parts of central London tonight as I speak.

You call them ‘thugs’ Jimbo.

I call them ‘opportunist scum’.

I, however, thoroughly agree with your sentiment.

spirt of 98
4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Is it , aye ? 

Who are the "cool kids" and how do you identify them across the globe ? 

The cool kids are the ones who follow the trends. Protest because the Americans are. 

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

The cool kids are the ones who follow the trends. Protest because the Americans are. 

Absolutely correct.

Clones and copycats.

Feckin America has a lot to answer for.  They have made this world shite imo.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I saw that on the news, how twisted do you have to be to push a bike into a horse when someone is sitting on it??????

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Some do, they usually mean "why won't you just agree with me" or "why aren't you so utterly impressed with my virtue signalling"

1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

If someone hit the horse with a bicycle it was likely in pain. 

I think it was entitled to bolt. 

The idiot who hurt the horse with the bike might get a visit from AR activists. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If someone hit the horse with a bicycle it was likely in pain. 

I think it was entitled to bolt. 

The idiot who hurt the horse with the bike might get a visit from AR activists. 

I'm not sure if the footage I saw of someone pushing a bike into the horse was of the same horse, someone said earlier the the police woman caused the incident and injury herself, I can't see a trained mounted police officer riding a horse at that speed where there was dangers like traffic lights and road sign, it would go against all thier training, I'd say the horse, as you point out, was hurt and bolted. There was a horse hit in the face with a brick yesterday, these are trained animals but they can't be infallible in all circumstances. 

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The big cheese london police dude on breakfast TV was asked how she was this morning. He said she was in a stable condition. Not sure if the pun was intended.

He looked pissed off with being saddled with the question but rather than say nay

he whipped up a reply 

I suppose the Orange Lodge will now be demanding their democratic right to hold their marches all over the country in the next few weeks. 

It will now be open season for large groups to march / congregate in public now. 

The floodgates have been opened. 

Goodbye lockdown, goodbye social distancing. 

Might as well start the football season in front of fans now. 

So ****ing pissed off with those selfish people. 

If we get a second wave of the virus 😕

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He looked pissed off with being saddled with the question but rather than say nay

he whipped up a reply 

I imagine she's got a bit of a long face too.

Hope she is OK though.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

I imagine she's got a bit of a long face too.

Hope she is OK though.

Probably looking a bit green as well. 🙈

robroy1874
2 hours ago, Ritchez said:

Gammon's angrier at the drowning of a slavetrader’s statue than at the drowning of actual Africans in the Mediterranean.

:facepalm: