• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Justin Z

• Dawnrazor

• Spellczech

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Not sure how protesting in Scotland or any other country for that matter would have any affect on the death of a black man in America. What did they actually achieve today? 

It makes protesters fell good. Demonstrating outside the American embassy today will actuallly benefit Trump when it is shown on American TV. 

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Have you?

Yup. Been speaking to my neighbours and close friend about it all week. :thumb:

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Yup. Been speaking to my neighbours and close friend about it all week. :thumb:

Did you aye.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It makes protesters fell good. Demonstrating outside the American embassy today will actuallly benefit Trump when it is shown on American TV. 

CV19 outbreak aside, would you ever attend a protest if you felt marginalised on a regular basis and wanted society to change? Or if your friends were being marginalised and you saw the impact of that?

Edited by kila

Sorry, no more time for the playground stuff. You're another  one on here who jumps on the emoji reply when you've got nothing else to offer. 

Bye. 

13 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Have heard heads are going to roll at the Minneapolis PD now that Edinburgh has joined the protests.

Good one.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, kila said:

CV19 outbreak aside, would you ever attend a protest if you felt marginalised on a regular basis and wanted society to change? Or if your friends were being marginalised and you saw the impact of that?

Fair question but a hypothetical one so difficult to answer. All I can say is that most street protests to me seem to have minimal or even negative impact. The historian's consensus today seems to be that the  more extreme Suffragette protests probably delayed women getting the vote. The UK's abolition of slavery owed more to parliamentary campaigns than mass public protest. The protests in support of the miners strike failed. As did the decades of CND marches. The  poll tax protests maybe an exception. In a democracy. I don't  think demonstrations in themselves change things. And despite everything the UK (and the US) remain democracies and the best hope of changing things is through voting. I suspect a fair proportion of those demonstrating don't bother to vote.

Of course where voting is not a route to change (Russia, China, most of the Middle East etc) protests are even less effective. If not deadly.

Edited by Francis Albert

23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Have heard heads are going to roll at the Minneapolis PD now that Edinburgh has joined the protests.

I feel guilty for laughing but that was genuinely witty.

I just seen them all at Holyrood Park.... 

Black Lives in America matter but old folks lives being risked at the spread of disease here don't obviously. 

Absolute morons. 

39 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sorry, no more time for the playground stuff. You're another  one on here who jumps on the emoji reply when you've got nothing else to offer. 

Bye. 

Again, oh the irony.

The only positive thing I can say about there is that there was no trouble or violence of any kind, as we’ve seen in other UK cities. 

An absolute shambles that people thought it was appropriate for approximately 5,000 folk to gather during this pandemic. From what I saw social distancing was very loosely observed. It has essentially made the current Coronavirus laws unenforceable, you can’t police people differently purely based on what their cause is.

40 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Bye. 

Don't waste your time mate. Threads like these are always moth to flame for the crusty old racists of Kickback angry and confused at a world changing for the better. 

Their lack of self awareness must be embarrassing for the people that have to spend time with them. 

7 minutes ago, parker said:

Don't waste your time mate. Threads like these are always moth to flame for the crusty old racists of Kickback angry and confused at a world changing for the better. 

Their lack of self awareness must be embarrassing for the people that have to spend time with them. 

Nah. It's nothing to do with that. It's about morons protesting in Edinburgh about a black guy getting killed by cops in some American state while there is meant to be social distancing to protect vulnerable people from catching COVID-19. The irony being that Black people are more likely to die from COVID-19 than other ethnicities. 

Can't remember the last time the cops in Scotland murdered anyone, nevermind someone of another ethnicity. 

But I noticed a female cop was almost murdered by a protester here.... Now that is an outrage. Do Police lives not matter? 

The Police would be within their rights to machine gun these idiots down from a Helicopter. Then you and nano can go to the protest about morons lives matter and you can all be picked off through natural selection. 🤷

Sounds like a plan. 🙃

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

The Police would be within their rights to machine gun these idiots down from a Helicopter.

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I just seen them all at Holyrood Park.... 

Black Lives in America matter but old folks lives being risked at the spread of disease here don't obviously. 

Absolute morons. 

Too sensible Cruyff,

Absolute morons defending them on here too

2 minutes ago, kila said:

:F6EFFECF-CB36-4574-9BC5-9AAB27271817:

They should wear go pros as well so I can watch it on YouTube later. 

:greggy:

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nah. It's nothing to do with that. It's about morons protesting in Edinburgh about a black guy getting killed by cops in some American state while there is meant to be social distancing to protect vulnerable people from catching COVID-19. The irony being that Black people are more likely to die from COVID-19 than other ethnicities. 

Can't remember the last time the cops in Scotland murdered anyone, nevermind someone of another ethnicity. 

But I noticed a female cop was almost murdered by a protester here.... Now that is an outrage. Do Police lives not matter? 

The Police would be within their rights to machine gun these idiots down from a Helicopter. Then you and nano can go to the protest about morons lives matter and you can all be picked off through natural selection. 🤷

Sounds like a plan. 🙃

And another well put post

Not sure I’d agree with the last paragraph, but did make me laugh
:rofl:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Sounds like a plan. 🙃

Do you mean the policewoman that fell off her horse? It was wrongly reported she'd been attacked, but she actually rode into a traffic light.

If it was another incident have you got a link to it?

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And another well put post

Not sure I’d agree with the last paragraph, but did make me laugh
:rofl:

I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom that it was just a joke just in case any of the thinner skinned posters among us are taken aback or morally outraged. 🤦🏻

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Do you mean the policewoman that fell off her horse? It was wrongly reported she'd been attacked, but she actually rode into a traffic light.

If they weren't protesting so violently, would she have been on that horse to fall off? 🤔 

If they weren't protesting so violently, would she have been on that horse to fall off? 🤔 

That's an interesting question. 

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Got a link for this yet?

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

That's an interesting question. 

Got a link for this yet?

It's a good question. The horse was clearly spooked by the dozens of idiots causing mayhem. 

She wouldn't have been injured if they weren't. Point stands. 

Edited by Cruyff

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom that it was just a joke just in case any of the thinner skinned posters among us are taken aback or morally outraged. 🤦🏻

Anybody with half a brain would know that you weren’t being serious.

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Is there a longer version of this around, I’d like to see what happened after she fell off. It cuts off as she lands and there are people running around beside her with poles. Hope she’s ok.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Sounds like a plan. 🙃

:greatpost:

Ainsley Harriott
21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The big cheese london police dude on breakfast TV was asked how she was this morning. He said she was in a stable condition. Not sure if the pun was intended.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The big cheese london police dude on breakfast TV was asked how she was this morning. He said she was in a stable condition. Not sure if the pun was intended.

:laugh2: That's terrible. 

16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is there a longer version of this around, I’d like to see what happened after she fell off. It cuts off as she lands and there are people running around beside her with poles. Hope she’s ok.

Jambo-Jimbo

Black Lives Matter........well why did tens of thousands of people congregate in close proximity to each other over the last few days, especially in the middle of a global pandemic and thereby endanger the very lives they claim matter.

But it's not just Black lives they have endangered, but everyone of us, because tens of thousands of people are going to go home, and potentially infect other family members who then could infect.....................well you get the picture.

I sincerely hope that in a couple of months time, we don't look back at this week-end and compare these protests to the likes of Cheltenham or the Liverpool game.

AlimOzturk

So many white people out in force virtue signalling to the world makes me cringe beyond belief. A few utter roasters on this thread doing that very same thing. Thousands of folk made the very illegal decision today to gather in mass protest. I have made my feeling clear about the lock down measures and how I disagree with them. However and I need to say this clearly for the thick ****s in the back - until it judged to be safe gather in crowds like they did today then you have done nothing but endanger the very big sacrifices made. 

Hope it was worth it. 

Pasquale for King

The folk who ho organised the one in Edinburgh took so many precautions, gave everyone every bit of info they needed. Right down to what they need to do if the Police speak to them, to Lawyers phone numbers. They said to folk that they would need to self isolate and not to come if they couldn’t do that. The police were mingling with the crowds. Gloves and masks were worn, they socially distanced and posted info on who to speak to if they were depressed due to lockdown. The most organised protest I’ve ever seen. Well done to everyone who went, and those like myself that participated online.

4681EE85-C675-4420-B79D-E2C37C402026.png

1F1C0BBA-391F-462A-9E85-D8C66A5BB689.jpeg

AEB3BB52-CF5E-402E-80E0-1BE2AB19D6CE.jpeg

3977D815-91BC-4C8D-8D2A-9B45A043494C.jpeg

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

My elderly parents with health conditions like many others parents have, will be sitting trapped and terrified of catching Covid-19 watching these idiots on the news. Thank, thanks very much you ####ing arseholes. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

She was knocked off because she ran into a set of traffic lights, she shouldn’t have been going that fast anyway and the horse trampled on a pedestrian after she fell off.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My elderly parents with health conditions like many others parents have, will be sitting trapped and terrified of catching Covid-19 watching these idiots on the news. Thank, thanks very much you ####ing arseholes. 

This.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The spooked horse runs off and trampled on a pedestrian. She may well have been trampled on by other horses.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2186944/Video-Police-knocked-horse-BLM-demonstration-London.html?mwv_rm=rta

Edited by Pasquale for King

maroonlegions

Trolls hiding their racist views are  all over this thread. AGAIN.

Just watched Mississippi Burning, thats i how i view racists , utter fecking low lifes and utter fecking sum..

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Trolls hiding their racist views are  all over this thread. AGAIN.

Just watched Mississippi Burning, thats i how i view racists , utter fecking low lifes and utter fecking sum..

It was quite a thought provoking movie.

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The folk who ho organised the one in Edinburgh took so many precautions, gave everyone every bit of info they needed. Right down to what they need to do if the Police speak to them, to Lawyers phone numbers. They said to folk that they would need to self isolate and not to come if they couldn’t do that. The police were mingling with the crowds. Gloves and masks were worn, they socially distanced and posted info on who to speak to if they were depressed due to lockdown. The most organised protest I’ve ever seen. Well done to everyone who went, and those like myself that participated online.

4681EE85-C675-4420-B79D-E2C37C402026.png

1F1C0BBA-391F-462A-9E85-D8C66A5BB689.jpeg

AEB3BB52-CF5E-402E-80E0-1BE2AB19D6CE.jpeg

3977D815-91BC-4C8D-8D2A-9B45A043494C.jpeg

I have missed two loved ones funerals because of this ****ing virus (non Covid related deaths) and here you are boasting about your day out to the parliament and how well you all socially distanced. 

Hope you are truly proud of your efforts. Not that it will the slightest bit of difference. 

33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's a good question. The horse was clearly spooked by the dozens of idiots causing mayhem. 

She wouldn't have been injured if they weren't. Point stands. 

I agree there were idiots causing mayhem, but a police horse doing crowd control shouldn't be spooked by anything.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

What like the ones who flocked to the beaches too. What did you expect would happen at the world rightly outraged at the killing of that black man. Were you outraged , were you angry???   

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

I agree there were idiots causing mayhem, but a police horse doing crowd control shouldn't be spooked by anything.

Thought they were trained for that. Not as spooked as the mother of that murdered black man i bet.