Ulster Hearts

lisburnjambo

lisburnjambo

Hi guys

theres talk about a new supporters club starting in NI

they have a Facebook page Ulster Hearts if any here are interested. 

there’s also a contact number if you want to mail me 

HHGH 

Forever Hearts

Best of luck with that. Has there not been Hearts supporters clubs from Northern Ireland in the past? 

Good to hear that this sort of thing is happening.

I might be moving to NI in about 12/18 months time, so would be good to get involved. 

Good luck with the supporters club. Was good to see so many jambos in Belfast and Lurgan last year for the pre season game.

Wonder if that’ll be our trips to ulster for friendlies finished now that Austin is away? 

Nucky Thompson
On 07/06/2020 at 13:59, lisburnjambo said:

Hi guys

HHGH 

I thought Ulster Hearts have been going for years?

colinmaroon
On 07/06/2020 at 23:00, Forever Hearts said:

Best of luck with that. Has there not been Hearts supporters clubs from Northern Ireland in the past? 

Yes, way back in 70's etc.

Hi guys

HHGH 

Is this the Ulster Hearts on Facebook that looks like it's been on the go for at least 3 years or the Ulster Jambos one, or the old Ulster Hearts that as far as I know has never gone away, since the '70's ( or earlier), or another one? 

Maybe you could all join together into one big club. 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Yes, way back in 70's etc.

No, it was a lot more recent than that. 

Doctor FinnBarr
5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

No, it was a lot more recent than that. 

There was an Ulster Premier Hearts SC in the 80s/90s.

Was there not an Ulster hearts supporters club when andy Kirk played for us? Maybe I'm wrong but I couldve sworn of seeing a flag at some home games with Ulster hearts on it??

Sure their was a supporters club in Londonderry (Newbuildings). Seen a couple guys with Polos at a few games. 

Shanks said no

Ulster Hearts were at the St Pat's game in Dublin in 1988. My kids were looking through old photos at the weekend and there was a snap of their bus pulling up on OConnell Street.

lisburnjambo

Hi guys

we have had a few chats with  members If the “old” Ulster hearts who said the club wasn’t going anymore and are happy for us to “restart”

The Facebook group has been up for a while but now we have moved on and are up to 16 members since we “refreshed” and started gaining interest this week

Midloth_Iain
20 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

Hi guys

we have had a few chats with  members If the “old” Ulster hearts who said the club wasn’t going anymore and are happy for us to “restart”

The Facebook group has been up for a while but now we have moved on and are up to 16 members since we “refreshed” and started gaining interest this week

as long as it isnt a 'splinter group' ....

Best of luck

Libertarian

Hi guys

HHGH 

Best of luck with this lisburn

I used to arrange houses for the guys to stay in, around early to mid 80s when they were over for the games. Great bunch of blokes.

All the best, hope it is a success. Gave your Facebook a like. Was hoping to get over to Belfast this year with a mate but that's very unlikely now so hopefully next year. Is there any Hearts pubs over there? No doubt we would find a Rangers ones no problem for my mate.

WoolfordsHearts

Blethered to a couple of the Ulster Hearts boys on the train from Amsterdam to "horrordam" heading to the Feyenoord game back in the day.

They had a lovely big maroon and white flag with the old Hearts badge in the middle of it.

Good luck with the supporters club.👍

18 hours ago, euan 10 said:

Good luck with your supporters club Ulster hearts. Good luck with your Ulster hearts flag at tynecastle people hear love a flag debate 

Not sure anyone would have a problem with a maroon and white flag that says "Ulster Hearts" on it? Why would they?

Good luck lads and lassies of Ulster Hearts.

The flag in the picture is a great Hearts flag. Maroon & white with badge on front.

It should really stay that way.

unfortunately the use of an Ulster flat will just have the halfwits in our support that are happy to see us as mini huns delighted.

The post that you had on Facebook with the dafty saying Gorgie sons of William just proves this will attract them.

Wonder what would be the reaction if we had a group started up in Ireland having their flag with Irish Hearts on it?

No need really just have a maroon & white flag with our name and badge.

Just my thoughts on it . Good luck hope it works out well for you. The more Hearts fans the merrier. Cheers 

lisburnjambo

We haven’t looked at flags etc as you can imagine with only starting- Our main focus is on supporting Heart of Midlothian. Get on our Facebook for any updates. 

As for flags , do hearts not still have a ban in place?  One of our members however have a Ulster flag already with club badges on it which may be taken to Tynecastle with us “club and country flag. Hope this causes no harm. That’s not our intention at all

8 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

We haven’t looked at flags etc as you can imagine with only starting- Our main focus is on supporting Heart of Midlothian. Get on our Facebook for any updates. 

As for flags , do hearts not still have a ban in place?  One of our members however have a Ulster flag already with club badges on it which may be taken to Tynecastle with us “club and country flag. Hope this causes no harm. That’s not our intention at all

It's a tough situation.

Unfortunately for people of Northern Ireland their/your flag is waved by absolute morons when at the football. 

I'd worry that you may attract a few hard of thinking youngsters who associate it with being bigots.

To avoid the hassle and slavering from eejits I'd stick with Hearts colours only or tell the people who try to hijack your flag to do one and tell them bigots can GTF. 

6 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It's a tough situation.

Unfortunately for people of Northern Ireland their/your flag is waved by absolute morons when at the football. 

I'd worry that you may attract a few hard of thinking youngsters who associate it with being bigots.

To avoid the hassle and slavering from eejits I'd stick with Hearts colours only or tell the people who try to hijack your flag to do one and tell them bigots can GTF. 

I agree with Sarah 100% on this.

i really hope it works out for you lisburn but it will get hijacked by the bigots and we have enough of them in Scotland already. Stick to a maroon & white Hearts one like the picture. It will look great.

lisburnjambo

We don’t own that flag no more , we will likely have 1 Ulster flag to be fair. As I said one is a club and country flag. After that will be maroon But anyone wanting to start that nonsense can forget it. 

what’s likelihood of getting tickets together?!

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Imagine you being on here, stamping your feet the loudest.😃

Not surprised you’re on here.

:P

WoolfordsHearts
18 hours ago, EC_Hearts said:

That'll be this one Mr W

DSCN0463.JPG

I could've sworn it was the old badge in it EC.

It's possible the shandies at the time were to blame☝️

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Not surprised you’re on here.

:P

Second post of the thread and all. :biggrin:

All the best with this, lisburnjambo!

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not at all mate. 

I've been very supportive of Ulster Hearts as I am for any Hearts supporters club anywhere in the world. We're all Hearts fans* after alls said and done. 

*There are exceptions to every rule of course. Some are just fans of being morons by the looks of them. 

You really can't help yourself Sarah o can you?buzzword "ulster".you must have been really bored of late,other more important things to worry about at the moment unfortunately.no matter the 12th is coming soon ,you will have a field day.until then ,back to sleep zzzzzzzzx

5 hours ago, lisburnjambo said:

We don’t own that flag no more , we will likely have 1 Ulster flag to be fair. As I said one is a club and country flag. After that will be maroon But anyone wanting to start that nonsense can forget it. 

what’s likelihood of getting tickets together?!

Good to read and sorry your national flag has been hijacked by morons. It's a bit like the union flag in that regard. 

You'll get tickets together no problem.

Just now, Kev1998 said:

You really can't help yourself Sarah o can you?buzzword "ulster".you must have been really bored of late,other more important things to worry about at the moment unfortunately.no matter the 12th is coming soon ,you will have a field day.until then ,back to sleep zzzzzzzzx

I see homeschooling hasn't improved your ability to string a sentence together. 

I have no idea what you're waffling on about. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I see homeschooling hasn't improved your ability to string a sentence together. 

I have no idea what you're waffling on about. 

:lol:

• Moderators

This is a topic to publicise a new Hearts supporters club, not to discuss the merits or otherwise of flags. You have been warned. 

I think it’s best that we all stick together. We have a fight on our hands with all the nonsense going on regards trying to demote us to the championship.

Good luck with the supporters club.

Doctor FinnBarr
18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'd love to see that flag again. No problem with seeing a Red Hand with Hearts on it nor would I have a problem with the tricolour wi a  Hearts badge

2 hours ago, JKBMod 3 said:

This is a topic to publicise a new Hearts supporters club, not to discuss the merits or otherwise of flags. You have been warned. 

Sorry Mr/Mrs/Ms 3. My post was meant as a statement and not a subject for debate. It'll not be happening again anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Imagine you being on here, stamping your feet the loudest. 😄

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Knock 3 times?

WoolfordsHearts
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You laugh a lot on here I've noticed.

Has Nitrous Oxide got you through lockdown?

Edited by WoolfordsHearts

Forever Hearts
11 hours ago, redjambo said:

Second post of the thread and all. :biggrin:

All the best with this, lisburnjambo!

Oh the shame of it. 😀

The Real Maroonblood
6 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

:rofl:

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

😂

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

He's just an all-round happy guy. 👍

• davemclaren locked this topic