Is Scottish football corrupt

Diadora Van Basten

TorinoJambo

Judge for yourselves. My first game v the gruesome Twosome was early 1968. We were beating Rangers 2-1 when their notorious diving Swedish ******* of a winger Orjan Persson was tackled well outside the box, took a swallow dive with half pike and a tumble to finish, and landed in the box. Penalty. We lost 3-2. I was 12 and going mental. An old Jambo shook his head and said " better get used to it, son. It'll never change". And it hasn't.

Fort Vallance
7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Just wondered what other people view is.

I think when we were challenging Celtic for the title and they were top of the fair play league and we were bottom showed that it wasn’t a level playing field.

Don't know why you're asking now. I'm in my 60's and it's been bent all my life and probably well before that.

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Don't know why you're asking now. I'm in my 60's and it's been bent all my life and probably well before that.

Ditto, and I'm in my 70's.

Old saying, "Two things you can count on; death and taxes. "  You can add Corruption in Scottish Football and make it three. 

queensferryjambo
6 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You forgot to mention......match officials are going to completely hammer us (even more) now.

This is something I really worry about no matter what the outcome of what is happening with the leagues just now.

Neverforgetfiveone
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Each club is self serving to the nth degree, that’s for sure. 

It’s worse than that.... the SPFL/SFA are Celtic’s jobsworths. They do Celtics bidding because Celtic generate a missive income for Scottish football through European competition. It’s so brazen it’s ridiculous. Celtic get what Celtic want. There is the status quo - Celtic generate the cash and the SPFL make sure there is no challenge on or off the pitch. 

I don’t completely blame Celtic, although their methods are questionable. But you can understand their self preservation attitude. The blame lies at the feet of the SPFL... their lack of leadership, direction, vision is almost comical. Enough to make you cringe. 

Does it not stink to the high heavens that the country next door to us, part of our greater nation has the best set up and structure in world football and our leaders and representatives are so far behind. They cannot be that incompetent. They must have an ulterior motivator pulling the strings....

Sneckiejambo

You just have to look at the penalty they got in the Cup final last year, f.,.,., shocker Bobby never touched the diving b.,.,.,. 

I think the last 9 times we have played that mob Collum has been ref 6 or 7 times.😡😡🇱🇻🇱🇻

Run by and for  2 teams only , from top to bottom aided and abetted by the Glasgow media

😡😡😡😡

south morocco
42 minutes ago, Sneckiejambo said:

You just have to look at the penalty they got in the Cup final last year, f.,.,., shocker Bobby never touched the diving b.,.,.,. 

I think the last 9 times we have played that mob Collum has been ref 6 or 7 times.😡😡🇱🇻🇱🇻

Yip. Was sickening. Knew it was coming that’s  the sad part of it.

gerryjambo41
10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Or referees for the cup final out with the glasgow region.

Tin foil hat on

We last beat celtic in a cup tie in 2012

We've played them about six times in either cup since then . 

Willie Collum has refereed every one and celtic have had a penalty in every one coincidence ?

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Tin foil hat on

Willie Collum has refereed every one and celtic have had a penalty in every one coincidence ?

Not the point I'm making. 

gerryjambo41
7 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not the point I'm making. 

I should have added that an Edinburgh referee has only refereed in 2(or 3) Scottish Cup finals out of 140odd and one of them was a cheatin hibs cant

British cycling is famous for their strategy of working on marginal gains to effect Overall performance benefits. OF get marginal gains all the time. Anything marginal tends to go their way. Yes they have better players but refs are too scared to get it wrong against them so err on the side of caution. How many times do you hear of a really controversial decision going against the OF as opposed to the other way. If it does their mangers bleat to put more pressure on refs to return to the status quo. Also the ex old firm”pundits” do their bit too
. Even when we were in the championship and winning games nearly every week with a huge share of possession we were not top of fair play league. In fact we were 9th with Hibs and Rangers 1 and 2. Did we bully our way to that championship. No danger.
The richest clubs in every league tend to win with the better players but here they get a hell of a lot of help.
The recent debacle  over calling the league just laid bare the whole set up of one club influencing the rest for their own ends assisted by complicit league officials. 

17 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Yep, add in the false bookings, penalties and sending offs to applying the Advantage Rule and Off Side Rule to one team only and it then become dificult to beat them. Also the exclusion zone around Scott Brown, which no player is allowed to enter.

Brown signed for Celtic as his whole game is based on thuggery! He knew he would not get away with that in England.

brunoatemyhamster
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Brown signed for Celtic as his whole game is based on thuggery! He knew he would not get away with that in England.

Brown is a perfect example. 

Runs totally wild, always picks up his token booking when it's to late to affect the outcome. 

Once the games safe, better book him to make it look like I've been watching him. 

His red card record would be ridiculous in any other league. 

Even Sergio ramos doesn't get that kind of protection at Real Madrid!

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Jingle Bells
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The new Roy Aitken.

Plays a different game when the Tic are in Europe and facing neutral foriegn Refs.

Fort Vallance
17 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Ditto, and I'm in my 70's.

Old saying, "Two things you can count on; death and taxes. "  You can add Corruption in Scottish Football and make it three. 

I remember there used to be three but in these enlightened times I better not.

John mcCartney
13 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Tin foil hat on

Incredible stuff.
Im very nearly done with it here,so close.
It aint a level playing field and could be argued that were all fecking mugs for taking it year after year.
Its not just the Spfl its also the Sfa complicit in destroying the game in this fecking place.
may as well insert G instead of the S.

15 hours ago, gerryjambo41 said:

Tin foil hat on

Almost correct. We've played them six times in the cups since then, but John Beaton refereed the League Cup QF on 28 Oct 2015. Of course, there was no penalty awarded in that game, unlike all the Collum games. Remarkable statistic as you point out.

Think of the refereeing we endured and the resultant fines during the VR early days.

After our amazing league start last season, think back to the spate of refereeing we endured. Coincedence?

Look at where the vast, vast majority of our refs come from.

Only 3 cup final refs have been from Edinburgh.

And that's just one part of it. That's before we get in to the constitutional corruption where the authorities are just conduits for the wants of either or both OF.

And THAT'S before we get to the media!

It's as bent as it gets.

You're essentially not allowed to challenge.

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

I remember there used to be three but in these enlightened times I better not.

👀

On 06/06/2020 at 06:54, niblick1874 said:

I have watched the exact same thing for 55 years. I can't see a better chance coming along than a court case now to shine a light on the corruption. If the right judge is in place we might see some change for the better. Nothing but a court case by us will do it for me. Hearts know what is headed our way if it's the same people in charge. It will be every team that get the nod with the 50 50s against us and not just them two. 

No court case means Hearts have rolled over and taken it. Hearts know that. There are no if's and's or but's to that. 

Brilliant post

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Think of the refereeing we endured and the resultant fines during the VR early days.

After our amazing league start last season, think back to the spate of refereeing we endured. Coincedence?

Look at where the vast, vast majority of our refs come from.

Only 3 cup final refs have been from Edinburgh.

And that's just one part of it. That's before we get in to the constitutional corruption where the authorities are just conduits for the wants of either or both OF.

And THAT'S before we get to the media!

It's as bent as it gets.

You're essentially not allowed to challenge.

The no penalty decision at Dens in 86 was by a Hearts fan. I suppose there's an argument that in a fair world decisions can go both ways. The most blatant I've seen, as in actually being at the game, was Davies against Rangers, now that was blatant cheeting. 

Brick Tamland

It is absolutely corrupt as they have shown over the years, what doesn't help is the compliance of the media who question nothing up here and also pander to the arse cheeks to a disgraceful level.

What none of them seem to realise is that the circulation of their papers are dropping like a stone and if one of them stood above the parapet and did a full investigative piece on how corrupt the SFA/SPFL are and how much the bigot twins control everything it would be a fantastic read and would get the papers selling and their own exposure would likely lead to some significant exposure throughout the sporting world. But, they all choose not to and just punt the usual shite that they are told to.... 'will I make a name for myself and do an investigative piece or will I just write what I'm told to... **** it I'll just write what I'm told to because someone might scratch my car' shitebags every one of them.

Edited by Brick Tamland

Tokyo Drifter

The opinions, interests and requirements of the Old Firm outweigh those of every other club in terms of how the SFA and the SPFL function so there is an in-built bias towards them and their needs. The media play by the same rules and view all of Scottish football through the prism of the Old Firm, plus they have a commercial interest in not offending either fan base. Unfortunately that same financial interest trumps journalistic ethics when it comes to calling out sectarianism, which is why Hearts are often used as a proxy for the same. I could go on and on and on. I'm not sure  any of this amounts to corruption but it's certainly true that there is systemic institutional bias towards the Ugly Sisters. The advent of a third strong club would entirely change the dynamic, however. An example: Portugal has three huge clubs - Sporting, Benfica and Porto - and each is capable of winning the title in any given year. If Hearts, Aberdeen or even The Flumps could mount a serious, sustained and well-funded challenge for even half a decade I think you'd see a lot of things change. Romanov had the right idea, even if his methods were rather eccentric at times.

Harry Potter
On 06/06/2020 at 11:58, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think when we were challenging Celtic for the title and they were top of the fair play league and we were bottom showed that it wasn’t a level playing field.

Its pretty obvious that it is,

Romanov comes in and says he wants to take Hearts to the top, play Champions League, them upstairs don't like it. The refs are as bad. I still believe they were told to crack down on Hearts players. Book and send off as many as you can get away with. Hearts were denied stonewall penalties and if players said anything they got booked. Any 50-50 was generally given to the opposition if there was a danger to Hearts defence leading to cards all over the place. Romanov constantly complained about them, he'd sussed them out after six months. They wanted him out, didn't want him upsetting their shady little tinpot organisation. All geared up for making Hearts the team with the worst discipline (I think) three years in a row to make money out of him. Remember the Fyssas sending off ? Hearts winning the game to be three points behind Celtic, sent off, given free kicks they score from to win the game where Fyssas would've been defending making it nine points ahead instead of three. Hid the incident saying it wasn't a red card and recinding it. Too late! Loads of dodgy incidents were going on. But we knew what it was like, Romanov didn't take long finding out for himself

As for now..Hearts, Partick, Stranraer relegated, Brechin not!? Why? Because they have a board member within the corridors of power.

Hope there is a full investigation. Comedy league run by clowns and comedians.

Not news, but it’s simply the West that’s the problem. It’s media, the Associations etc....My Dad always brought up in conversation about a former ref he worked with. 

An Edinburgh, Hearts man and was in the select top 10 refs around the 60s, possibly into the 70s. He told him the rest were all bluenoses and and it was quite clear when they reffed certain games.

There also used to be a football writer in the 50s with the surname, Waverley,  who literally picked the Scotland team in his paper column before they played on the Wednesday night and 9 were Huns. 

This was at a time Hearts were one of the best in the country and other clubs had fine players too. 

colinmaroon
On 09/06/2020 at 13:59, Tokyo Drifter said:

The opinions, interests and requirements of the Old Firm outweigh those of every other club in terms of how the SFA and the SPFL function so there is an in-built bias towards them and their needs. The media play by the same rules and view all of Scottish football through the prism of the Old Firm, plus they have a commercial interest in not offending either fan base. Unfortunately that same financial interest trumps journalistic ethics when it comes to calling out sectarianism, which is why Hearts are often used as a proxy for the same. I could go on and on and on. I'm not sure  any of this amounts to corruption but it's certainly true that there is systemic institutional bias towards the Ugly Sisters. The advent of a third strong club would entirely change the dynamic, however. An example: Portugal has three huge clubs - Sporting, Benfica and Porto - and each is capable of winning the title in any given year. If Hearts, Aberdeen or even The Flumps could mount a serious, sustained and well-funded challenge for even half a decade I think you'd see a lot of things change. Romanov had the right idea, even if his methods were rather eccentric at times.

THAT alone IS corruption.

We can see another example of weegie bias just about to arise.

Lennon is mouthing off that OF games should be put back until crowds allowed back in.

What he means is that other clubs should take the pain of playing with no gate receipts but not Celtic.  Are they struggling financially and will his request be granted?

highlandjambo3
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Lennon is mouthing off that OF games should be put back until crowds allowed back in.

What he means is that other clubs should take the pain of playing with no gate receipts but not Celtic.  1. Are they struggling financially and 2. will his request be granted?

1.  Not yet

2.  Yes

Diadora Van Basten
28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What he means is that other clubs should take the pain of playing with no gate receipts but not Celtic.  Are they struggling financially and will his request be granted?

I know a proper sporting competition would just say that all clubs are equal and you just have to take the fixtures as they come out the hat.

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The question is How long has Scottish Football been corrupt ?

Probably from close to its beginnings. It was ramped up a few notches when Murray and McCann worked in concert to tie it all up in a nice bow ,though.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The question is How long has Scottish Football been corrupt ?

All my life at least.

Bazzas right boot

Probably no more corrupt than any other organisation, however it's incompetence is staggering. 

The TV deal, Hampden, the national team, the bigotry, the league structure, the split, the voting system, the board is all wrong. 

It's just a complete shit show. 

On 06/06/2020 at 12:04, Vlad Magic said:

You just have to look at the OF record of drawing each other in the Scottish Cup.

I would love for a serious statistician to look at the odds and publish the figures.

You just have to look at the number of referees from Edinburgh who have reffed Scottish Cup Finals.

ford donald
On 06/06/2020 at 11:58, Diadora Van Basten said:

Is today sunday?

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Probably intended to be an instruction rather than a request.

57 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

You just have to look at the number of referees from Edinburgh who have reffed Scottish Cup Finals.

You just need to look at the number of Edinburgh refs who have reffed in Hearts games since Dougie McDonald v Gretna final.

Now look at the number of times we've had weegie refs v the OF and particularly Wee Willie in our games against Cceltic

Edited by JamboAl

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You just need to look at the number of Edinburgh refs who have reffed in Hearts games since Dougie McDonald v Gretna final.

Now look at the number of times we've had weegie refs v the OF and particularly Wee Willie in our games against Cceltic

Absolutely staggering that he has awarded 5 penalties against us in 5 (or 6) cup games against septic in the last 8 years.......that’s unbelievable (was mentioned in a post earlier).