Murrayfield

hueyview

14 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Could never understand that, piss in a can then drop it!

Unless you were the old infirm and lob it in our direction, young priests in the main stand at Parkhead included.

You could always sus the trendy boys......    They preferred the Tenants lager lovelies.   

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Members of the same household don't have to distance, so there'd be lots of twos, threes and fours that could sit right beside each other, raising the theoretical capacity quite a bit. I still can't see it happening though, I don't see the logistics working. 

It’s been said before, there must be a good few thousand that would cover. It would be interesting to know how many families go and they might be allowed in first. If it as for bigger games later in the season as lockdown is eased further perhaps it might be worth it. The semi final definitely.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, hueyview said:

From the gantry, don't you know....  A better class of plonked.  :)

As long as his faca is like this.

8AAEBB05-DE2D-4C6A-AB6C-D0806C43D3BB.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been said before, there must be a good few thousand that would cover. It would be interesting to know how many families go and they might be allowed in first. If it as for bigger games later in the season as lockdown is eased further perhaps it might be worth it. The semi final definitely.

For the Semi, with group/family ticket you could see 25,000 attendance...  Could get a decent premium price seeing how many Jambos and Hibbies would want some...

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, hueyview said:

For the Semi, with group/family ticket you could see 25,000 attendance...  Could get a decent premium price seeing how many Jambos and Hibbies would want some...

Money spinner 🙈

Ibrahim Tall

Trying to have fans at a game with 2m distancing would be horrific to arrange tbh. Leaving 3 or 4 empty seats on each side is one thing, how do you ‘get’ to the seat or ‘out’ when someone needs the toilet without passing past anyone in that row? 

At least ye cuid staun up withoot some auld dobber telling ye tae sit doon, we aw want tae see the gaime.

frankblack

I'd wonder what the stewarding costs on top of ground rental would be, and just how they could manage people getting to and from their seats.

Professor Jason Leitch says Murrayfield is good because it's all outdoors. Not going inside to enter ground. 

SRU have produced a plan for people being 2 metres apart. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Professor Jason Leitch says Murrayfield is good because it's all outdoors. Not going inside to enter ground. 

And a capacity of c.15k

The White Cockade

If we are in the Championship then we won’t be playing anywhere in the near future 😩

johnthomas
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

At least ye cuid staun up withoot some auld dobber telling ye tae sit doon, we aw want tae see the gaime.

Ah ken !

Imagine wanting to watch the game 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

And a capacity of c.15k

Is that what they quoted?

Couldnt see a number. Interesting.

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Ah ken !

Imagine wanting to watch the game 

:D Imagine! 

On 06/06/2020 at 00:01, Pasquale for King said:

Money spinner 🙈

Yes pal...........  Whereto have this before in

Pasquale for King
On 06/06/2020 at 12:53, Mikey1874 said:

Still have a trek to get a fag or use your e cig 🤣.

39639401-7AD3-467B-BA48-52FE224468E3.jpeg

Mac_fae_Gillie
On 06/06/2020 at 11:32, Ibrahim Tall said:

Trying to have fans at a game with 2m distancing would be horrific to arrange tbh. Leaving 3 or 4 empty seats on each side is one thing, how do you ‘get’ to the seat or ‘out’ when someone needs the toilet without passing past anyone in that row? 

passing people isn't that bad and if you got mask on whilst moving not an issue.. got to remember also not as if every bugger has COVID19..

pettigrewsstylist

Toilets, entrance chicane queues from Fri afternoon onwards to get all in for KO? Dispersal post match taking 48hrs etc.

Non starter surely........

frankblack
8 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

passing people isn't that bad and if you got mask on whilst moving not an issue.. got to remember also not as if every bugger has COVID19..

Do those that have Covid-19 wear a badge to identify themselves?

Mac_fae_Gillie
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Do those that have Covid-19 wear a badge to identify themselves?

If 2% of population have COVID19 at any one time and you pass 50 people of way to bog that's gonna be on average 1 bugger your at risk from that your passing for 5secs (assuming moving slowly) in fresh air whilst wearing a mask.. I was just saying that its not as if passing lots of folks means lots of risk and now that 18% of population are thought to already had covid19 there is a bit of buffer of immune folks so even less to spread it. But if you think they should wear a badge that's your idea maybe jews should wear a yellow star and gays a pink triangles if you really want to mark people out.

frankblack
14 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

If 2% of population have COVID19 at any one time and you pass 50 people of way to bog that's gonna be on average 1 bugger your at risk from that your passing for 5secs (assuming moving slowly) in fresh air whilst wearing a mask.. I was just saying that its not as if passing lots of folks means lots of risk and now that 18% of population are thought to already had covid19 there is a bit of buffer of immune folks so even less to spread it. But if you think they should wear a badge that's your idea maybe jews should wear a yellow star and gays a pink triangles if you really want to mark people out.

There is no proof of people being immune if they have had covid, and unless someone has had a test they won't know if they have had it.  These tests aren't widely available to joe public.

Social distancing at football grounds is still not proven to work, and mass gatherings are supposed to be outlawed unless you are an ethnic minority.

letsalldothebeattie

If it means we can get back to watching Hearts play live then I’m all for this choice. Bigger ground so hell  of a lot easier to distance at Murrayfield than Tynie. Yes I would miss Tynie but this would just be a temporary switch during these current times 

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

If it means we can get back to watching Hearts play live then I’m all for this choice. Bigger ground so hell  of a lot easier to distance at Murrayfield than Tynie. Yes I would miss Tynie but this would just be a temporary switch during these current times 

Murrayfield already have a plan for spectators sitting 2 metres apart.

If the guidance was changed to 1 metre, that would be a game changer.

Tokyo Drifter
On 05/06/2020 at 16:16, hueyview said:

Not seen a thread on this, but an article in today's News saying talks ongoing about using Murrayfield 67,000. This would allow 2 to 3 seats between seats..... Not ideal but possibly a short term answer....  Could be in use every week by Hearts and Hibs.

Good for distancing in the sense that you can have 15K/16K at games, though you have the same problems as anywhere else in terms of getting the fans in and out of the stadium.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Good for distancing in the sense that you can have 15K/16K at games, though you have the same problems as anywhere else in terms of getting the fans in and out of the stadium.

Don't think it's quite "the same problem", Murrayfield has those huge stairwells and huge wide concourses, very spacious stadium which was properly designed for the covered all seater 70k capacity, unlike say hampden for example where all the fans get funneled into one tight exit stairwell every 3 or 4 sections as it was was more "what's the cheapest way to make this shitehole an all seater with a roof" design process. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Don't think it's quite "the same problem", Murrayfield has those huge stairwells and huge wide concourses, very spacious stadium which was properly designed for the covered all seater 70k capacity, unlike say hampden for example where all the fans get funneled into one tight exit stairwell every 3 or 4 sections as it was was more "what's the cheapest way to make this shitehole an all seater with a roof" design process. 

How you going to get there and back home.

6 minutes ago, benny said:

Everyone gets individually helicoptered to/from the centre of the pitch. Naturally, the harness will be disinfected between each lift.

44 minutes ago, benny said:

Walk/bus/car? Mind your face mask if using public transport, if that becomes a rule here.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Walk/bus/car? Mind your face mask if using public transport, if that becomes a rule here.

I'm meaning the queues for trams,bus and trains.The 2 metre queuing system would be a nightmare.

Add on the amounts allowed on the transport used.Again you could be there for hours after the match.

No matter what league you're in it means very little if you can’t go to games. So I say stick your hubs up your arse. 

In my opinion every effort must now be made to play our 13 or 14 home championship games live in front of as many Hearts supporters as possible. We must ensure that every Hearts fan backing the club in court action have something tangible to look forward to i.e. Live games and NO HUB GAMES. If Social distancing is still in place come October and Tynecastle cannot accommodate the numbers, Murrayfield although unpopular is a must in the short term. Unlike sleekit football, Rugby are already ahead of the game with plans, difficult as it is but not impossible. We should take advantage over other clubs who won’t be able to honor their 2020/21 season ticket holders and all that goes with that.

I will not watch or pay for any behind doors games. Let the premiership stew in this. In fact I see big issues for them if Covid hangs about. I doubt there will ever be social distancing football at Ibrox or parkhead. The grounds are not big enough to accommodate their full season ticket holder base for this. So by default I suspect all their home games will be in a ‘hub’ till social distancing ends and I bet your bottom dollar they won’t want the tinpot rivals to have home crowd advantage, so they could engineer (backed by TV) a ‘Everyone pays and plays in the hubs till it's over policy’. This should not cover the championship. Watch Hibs squeal if we were to get the go ahead to use Murrayfield and actually go to  games on Saturdays while they have to keep using the illegal feed on their stolen ipad’s.  

It would be something if Hearts fans were to be the first in Scotland to go to a live game on mass. It might not happen that way but if it did it would be a massive statement regardless of what happened in court. Make it so...Jambo's don't do Hubs games.

There is more time to go until the championship start than since the date of sport/football being banned

4 months before the start of the championship so still plenty of time before it will become clear if 2m is the distance or 1m will be the social distance limit.....or lets hope no social distance by then

I've said it before though our government and science experts may well err on the side of caution simply through fear of getting it wrong and hence being blamed should anything happen.

That could cause unnecessary delays in public meetings etc outside and if you can have pint indoors it would just not be correct for football not to be in front of fans who will be outdoors and all our scientists have said that Is a better scenario.

See below for today and a return to some shops opening..little sign of social distancing or anyone trying to enforce it..Imagine fans turning out like this and the police etc would be all over it but shops..can't see a thing

Shopper at Bicester Village

Edited by CJGJ

Doctor FinnBarr
16 minutes ago, Texaco said:

No matter what league you're in it means very little if you can’t go to games. So I say stick your hubs up your arse. 

In my opinion every effort must now be made to play our 13 or 14 home championship games live in front of as many Hearts supporters as possible. We must ensure that every Hearts fan backing the club in court action have something tangible to look forward to i.e. Live games and NO HUB GAMES. If Social distancing is still in place come October and Tynecastle cannot accommodate the numbers, Murrayfield although unpopular is a must in the short term. Unlike sleekit football, Rugby are already ahead of the game with plans, difficult as it is but not impossible. We should take advantage over other clubs who won’t be able to honor their 2020/21 season ticket holders and all that goes with that.

I will not watch or pay for any behind doors games. Let the premiership stew in this. In fact I see big issues for them if Covid hangs about. I doubt there will ever be social distancing football at Ibrox or parkhead. The grounds are not big enough to accommodate their full season ticket holder base for this. So by default I suspect all their home games will be in a ‘hub’ till social distancing ends and I bet your bottom dollar they won’t want the tinpot rivals to have home crowd advantage, so they could engineer (backed by TV) a ‘Everyone pays and plays in the hubs till it's over policy’. This should not cover the championship. Watch Hibs squeal if we were to get the go ahead to use Murrayfield and actually go to  games on Saturdays while they have to keep using the illegal feed on their stolen ipad’s.  

It would be something if Hearts fans were to be the first in Scotland to go to a live game on mass. It might not happen that way but if it did it would be a massive statement regardless of what happened in court. Make it so...Jambo's don't do Hubs games.

In my opinion mate the social distance stuff will last until they find a vaccine, if they ever find one.

My work has moved from temp barriers (to ensure a one way system) to permanent barriers. I'm guessing they think this will last a while.

6 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

In my opinion mate the social distance stuff will last until they find a vaccine, if they ever find one.

My work has moved from temp barriers (to ensure a one way system) to permanent barriers. I'm guessing they think this will last a while.

If your right all the more important we get ahead of the game with exploring our murrayfield options. As CJGJ said also government and science experts may well err on the side of caution. This may well be a very long haul which supporters of all clubs have yet compute. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, Texaco said:

If your right all the more important we get ahead of the game with exploring our murrayfield options. As CJGJ said also government and science experts may well err on the side of caution. This may well be a very long haul which supporters of all clubs have yet compute. 

As I said, it was only my opinion and my work may too have erred on the side of caution but who knows!

On 05/06/2020 at 10:16, hueyview said:

Not seen a thread on this, but an article in today's News saying talks ongoing about using Murrayfield 67,000. This would allow 2 to 3 seats between seats..... Not ideal but possibly a short term answer....  Could be in use every week by Hearts and Hibs.

Can Hibs afford to play football at all this season?  Just wondering.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 06/06/2020 at 12:26, ri Alban said:

Eh?

9 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Eh?

Won't have to worry about getting excited watching the game.

Something you've never had to do anyway. Well watching Hearts that is. 

queensferryjambo
On 05/06/2020 at 17:24, Pasquale for King said:

If it’s two metres that’s 1 person per 8 seats so just over 8k, both clubs will have more ST holders than that, who gets to go? How do you get to your seats, our for the toilet and leave without getting within two metres. 

THIS

Play it behind closed doors.

Keeps these ##### from earning extra money.

A nightmare any way to arrange inside and outside.

How much are the SRU wanting to stage the match as well.