Murrayfield

hueyview

Not seen a thread on this, but an article in today's News saying talks ongoing about using Murrayfield 67,000. This would allow 2 to 3 seats between seats..... Not ideal but possibly a short term answer....  Could be in use every week by Hearts and Hibs.

Been reported as an offer by SRU to Hearts and Hibs.

So SFA / SPFL haven't been in touch about using it as a hub.

Edited by Mikey1874

Murrayfield would offer a lot better options for distancing - the facilities are bigger, there are more of them, and the outside space means people could distance whilst queuing, which is something that would be difficult along Gorgie Road.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Not seen a thread on this, but an article in today's News saying talks ongoing about using Murrayfield 67,000. This would allow 2 to 3 seats between seats..... Not ideal but possibly a short term answer....  Could be in use every week by Hearts and Hibs.

How marvellous would it be if the SPL increases to 14 teams and Hibs already disaffected support have to decant to the west end of the city 😎

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Murrayfield would offer a lot better options for distancing - the facilities are bigger, there are more of them, and the outside space means people could distance whilst queuing, which is something that would be difficult along Gorgie Road.

The exits are massive if you can come out that way avoiding the stairs... Which are quite wide as well.....  Gives a bit of hope for matchday game and a drink after...

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hueyview said:

If it’s two metres that’s 1 person per 8 seats so just over 8k, both clubs will have more ST holders than that, who gets to go? How do you get to your seats, our for the toilet and leave without getting within two metres. 
Let’s save the SRU, no thanks as they would say.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If it’s two metres that’s 1 person per 8 seats so just over 8k, both clubs will have more ST holders than that, who gets to go? How do you get to your seats, our for the toilet and leave without getting within two metres. 

As pointed out to me fans usually come with one or more other person who would be with them.....    Increasing the 8k figure..

I reckon if you could get 14,000 to 16,000 it would be viable...

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How about a two metre Mexican wave system , instead of standing up hands in the air , stand up and move two metres , when you hit an aisle you can go poop safely and join back in on the gap

seriously though it’s a brilliant offer from the SRU, if it helps all in rugby and football staffing it’s 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

2 minutes ago, kila said:

What happens if the ball goes into the crowd and we pick it up? Are we allowed to just keep it? :whistling:

Nah, as there's no crowd to hide in..  bung it at the Ref if behind in the game...

willie wallace

Glad I got my season ticket already.

The rest of you will have to pay more  to cover the extra  costs for Murray field.

Good luck lads👍🏼

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Glad I got my season ticket already.

The rest of you will have to pay more  to cover the extra  costs for Murray field.

Good luck lads👍🏼

A tasty hamburger rather than the Tynie pie...  Swings and roundabouts :)

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, hueyview said:

As pointed out to me fans usually come with one or more other person who would be with them.....    Increasing the 8k figure..

I reckon if you could get 14,000 to 16,000 it would be viable...

Yes but they would all need to be from the same household unless that’s relaxed by then. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, maggieb said:

How about a two metre Mexican wave system , instead of standing up hands in the air , stand up and move two metres , when you hit an aisle you can go poop safely and join back in on the gap

seriously though it’s a brilliant offer from the SRU, if it helps all in rugby and football staffing it’s 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

I think it was Petrie that first mentioned it for the semi final a few weeks back.

willie wallace
Just now, hueyview said:

A tasty hamburger rather than the Tynie pie...  Swings and roundabouts :)

That's true and we can have a few pints as well.🙄

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but they would all need to be from the same household unless that’s relaxed by then. 

Things are relaxing...some say too quick.  But I can see small groups coming, maybe some in family some not....

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Things are relaxing...some say too quick.  But I can see small groups coming, maybe some in family some not....

Definitely and we might not be playing  anytime soon, whether it’s worth it financially is another thing.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

That's true and we can have a few pints as well.🙄

Yay......   Happy days are there again.  If Hearts in Championship... Can see 4 and 5 goal wins, folk will be getting well oiled on a pint a goal.....  :)

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it was Petrie that first mentioned it for the semi final a few weeks back.

Seriously?

Pasquale for King
Just now, hueyview said:

Yay......   Happy days are there again.  If Hearts in Championship... Can see 4 and 5 goal wins, folk will be getting well oiled on a pint a goal.....  :)

Are they changing the law about drinking at football games? We didn’t get a pint last time. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely and we might not be playing g anytime soon, whether it’s worth it financially is will be another thing.

Yeah finance is a good point....  They will have to clarify that

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Yeah finance is a good point....  They will have to clarify that

Sorry just seeing all the negatives. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are they changing the law about drinking at football games? We didn’t get a pint last time. 

Their was discussions about at the time..  everything's up for discussion now to help the game

cubanjambo

If football crowds go back I don't think there will be social distancing, have you seen the state of some leaving Tynie - feels like I've got a rucksack on at times with the jostling. What if one or two need the bogs from the middle of your row? Do the older or infirm get the lower seats, If you have a medical condition do you get the end of a row ?which would all be justified in my mind .Just questions off the top of my head to put out there others will have other questions no doubt.

Doctor FinnBarr
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh shit, does that mean I have to take the wife?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Their was discussions about at the time..  everything's up for discussion now to help the game

They should ask, it’s cost clubs millions over the years.

Pasquale for King
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I couldn’t drag mine there, it would be interesting to find out how many actually go to games from the same household. My nephew, his wife and son all go. They might be allowed to go before the rest of us.

Won't happen , rental would be a killer . 

No fans will be allowed in grounds until it's safe for full capacity to be used again . 

Dont think that will be as far away as some think, maybe before the end of the year. 

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

It certainly does, great choice of food as well.

Weakened Offender

We're at 6000 now. Cap it at that. Plenty space inside Tynecastle for social distancing. 👍

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

We're at 6000 now. Cap it at that. Plenty space inside Tynecastle for social distancing. 👍

Not much cop for the likes of me though, working 2 weekends out of 3 so a season ticket isn't a viable option. I buy for games that I'm off for.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Members of the same household don't have to distance, so there'd be lots of twos, threes and fours that could sit right beside each other, raising the theoretical capacity quite a bit. I still can't see it happening though, I don't see the logistics working. 

2 hours ago, cubanjambo said:

If football crowds go back I don't think there will be social distancing, have you seen the state of some leaving Tynie - feels like I've got a rucksack on at times with the jostling. What if one or two need the bogs from the middle of your row? Do the older or infirm get the lower seats, If you have a medical condition do you get the end of a row ?which would all be justified in my mind .Just questions off the top of my head to put out there others will have other questions no doubt.

Fair points.... Going to the toilet will be an issue.... Gone are the days of using a Tartan Special can to relieve yourself....  :)

Good idea giving folk with health and disability issues access from pitch level which I have seen happen at Rugby...  If the wills there, smarter folk than me will find a way..

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah on his head 

From the gantry, don't you know....  A better class of plonked.  :)

3 hours ago, maggieb said:

Hope it's the only wave we get.......   Or we're fu.......

2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Members of the same household don't have to distance, so there'd be lots of twos, threes and fours that could sit right beside each other, raising the theoretical capacity quite a bit. I still can't see it happening though, I don't see the logistics working. 

Exactly....  Don't know if it will happen, but gives options mm

2 hours ago, kila said:

The twirly might sound OK through masks

Not sure about songs though

Don't know...........  Can see "your not coughing anymore" catching on.       :)

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, hueyview said:

Fair points.... Going to the toilet will be an issue.... Gone are the days of using a Tartan Special can to relieve yourself....  :)

Good idea giving folk with health and disability issues access from pitch level which I have seen happen at Rugby...  If the wills there, smarter folk than me will find a way..

Could never understand that, piss in a can then drop it!

Unless you were the old infirm and lob it in our direction, young priests in the main stand at Parkhead included.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders