Aussies / Kiwi's

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

Watching a lot of trash Aussie / Kiwi programmes while working from home currently. 

If you think Weegies are bad then I would love to know what you think of this lot. Never seen a louder, more smart arse race of people in my life. Everyone of them is ready with a joke or a smart arse quip to the camera. 

I have worked with a couple of Aussies in the past and you could hear their voices from miles away. I tried my best to avoid them despite one of them being very attractive. 

I suppose you need to put up a front if you share your country with insects that can make your balls blow up to the size of a balloon or eat you alive. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• graygo

• The Brow

• Салатные палочки

Never ever travel to Bali in that case, Bali has an amazing reputation (rightly so as it's an amazing place) but if you stay in the wrong area then a beautiful island and culture is instantly ruined by aussies because for western australians, Bali is their Benidorm/Alicante type holiday destination.

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Bloody racist too if the stereotype is correct.

My mate has visited and said the attitudes towards the Aboriginal (or native Australian is it?) people is eye opening. 

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My mate has visited and said the attitudes towards the Aboriginal (or native Australian is it?) people is eye opening. 

I didn’t notice that. I know they’ve got quite a bad rep for drinking but I believe their genetic makeup means they don’t process alcohol in the same way? Not 100% sure though. What I did notice was that some aboriginals looked like prehistoric man to me. 
Australia was the most multicultural place ive ever been. Or Melbourne was anyway. 

Australian attitudes are stuck in the 1970s.

It's as if the entire continent is populated by teenagers.

Edited by Cade

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Barack said:

Always got on well with my antipodean brethren.

If it was a choice to live in New Zealand or Australia though, I'd pick New Zealand.

Aye, me too.

Having spent a bit of time living/working/travelling in Australia around the millenium I was back for a month or so before the wee man came along as my wee brother had been posted there for a couple of years.

I really enjoyed my first time there and was all set to make it permanent until the then Mrs had other ideas.

I just didn't get the same vibe the second time around though. That jovial can--do swagger that I found so refreshing compared to us miserable Jocks seemed to have morphed into a whiney nasal-toned entitlement. 

One thing that hadn't changed was their coppers are still humourless dicks devoid of any personality.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

I bet the entre continent thinks you are a fhanny too.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Mentioning New Zealander’s as being like Australians is like comparing Canadians to Americans. 

:spoton:

Different breed altogether.

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, Cade said:

Despite my earlier pot-shot, there's an element of truth in this post.

33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Mentioning New Zealander’s as being like Australians is like comparing Canadians to Americans. 

Spot on. Like chalk and cheese in my experience.

Never been to either country but my Missus is Australian and her family are half and half. F****** w****** the lot of them

It's funny, if you go to most places in Europe, then the arseholes are usually British, but over in Singapore the arseholes are invariably Australian.

Салатные палочки
50 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Spot on. Like chalk and cheese in my experience.

Kiwis seem the most tolerable, even though they all seem to drive shite cars. 

I like all the Australians I've ever met as far as I can remember, I appreciated thier directness, some people may see it as blunt or arrogant but I like folk who don't mince thier words, these types do rub people up the wrong way at times but **** them.

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Never ever travel to Bali in that case, Bali has an amazing reputation (rightly so as it's an amazing place) but if you stay in the wrong area then a beautiful island and culture is instantly ruined by aussies because for western australians, Bali is their Benidorm/Alicante type holiday destination.

I can confirm that. My long ago ex lives in Perth WA. She goes there all the time and it's their Shagaluf indeed. 

Been to Australia a few times and I’ve always found the people to be fine.  I think the people are just like the British (which isn’t a surprise I suppose) for good or ill.

There’s w**kers the world over.

One thing I do like and which is unlike the US is you don’t have to explain, no, you’re not Irish and you don’t have to adopt an American (or in this case, Australian) accent to make yourself understood.

Drinking culture and sense of humour same as UK (ish).  TV unbelievably s***e.

The only thing that’s a bit tiresome is their attitude to sport.  Australia has to win everything and as soon as they’re knocked out of a competition, that competition ceases to exist on the TV.

hughesie27

Lived in Oz for 2 years spending most of my time in Melbourne and a wee semi-outback town called Childers.

Naturally the wee town was a bit more racist towards the Aboriginals than the big multicultural city. However I wouldn't say anymore so than here in the UK.

Also went on holiday to Bali for 2 weeks whilst there and can barely even remember seeing that many Aussies. Not to say they weren't there. Just that they weren't causing a scene. To refer to it as the Benidorm for Aussies is a bit of a stretch, it's nowhere near the scale of tackiness as that.

One of many nationalities whose accents I dislike.

I suppose it doesn’t make them bad people tbf, just really annoying.

Aussie women are the best on the planet until they speak

Aussie men are best avoided. 

If Melbourne was warmer and had a decent beach - it would be the greatest city on earth by a country mile. 

New Zealand women are rubbish but much better chat. 

New Zealand men are a mixed bag due to their woman beating, heavy drinking and gang related culture. 

Queenstown & Wellington are superb places to spend a few months. 

I wouldnt move to NZ as the wages are shite compared to the cost of living - in Australia its far better. 

If you want proper racism, head to the NT and watch the local aboriginal population that have been removed from their culture. Australia is easily the most racist place I have ever been, met some superb people there and also some complete *****. 

19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Lived in Oz for 2 years spending most of my time in Melbourne and a wee semi-outback town called Childers.

Naturally the wee town was a bit more racist towards the Aboriginals than the big multicultural city. However I wouldn't say anymore so than here in the UK.

Also went on holiday to Bali for 2 weeks whilst there and can barely even remember seeing that many Aussies. Not to say they weren't there. Just that they weren't causing a scene. To refer to it as the Benidorm for Aussies is a bit of a stretch, it's nowhere near the scale of tackiness as that.

Go north for the racists. Melbourne is massively liberal and multicultural. 

If you go to Denpasar, and head out - you will find every second person is aussie. You either didnt stay there or you had your eyes & ears closed - it is absolutely their Benidorm, especially for anyone north of Brisbane. 

hughesie27
9 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Go north for the racists. Melbourne is massively liberal and multicultural. 

If you go to Denpasar, and head out - you will find every second person is aussie. You either didnt stay there or you had your eyes & ears closed - it is absolutely their Benidorm, especially for anyone north of Brisbane. 

I stayed in Seminyak and Ubud. Went to Kuta for the day. That was the closest I'd describe as being Benidorm. But nothing like the extent to what Brits are like in actual Benidorm.

What I like about the Aussies I’ve met is they’ll tell you straight, won’t back stab you.

They are a bit loud though. Especially with a bevvy in em

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I stayed in Seminyak and Ubud. Went to Kuta for the day. That was the closest I'd describe as being Benidorm. But nothing like the extent to what Brits are like in actual Benidorm.

Fair enough. Its certainly where every bogan and their rat faced kids end up for a cheapo break tho. 

I love Bali, not Denpasar or Kuta tho as they're grotty, however, Lombok is the real gem. Or it was, its being massively developed now unfortunately. 

hughesie27
Just now, The Brow said:

Fair enough. Its certainly where every bogan and their rat faced kids end up for a cheapo break tho. 

I love Bali, not Denpasar or Kuta tho as they're grotty, however, Lombok is the real gem. Or it was, its being massively developed now unfortunately. 

It's a nice country but bit of an eye opener when I was there to how poor large swathes of a population can be.

I had my cousin from Melbourne Oz living with me from August last year until December. Was at the pub, every fecking night. Every single game of football on TV had to be watched in a pub apparently :facepalm:

Loud, yeah they are loud. Racist, yep, ridiculously racist but they are what they are, good laugh though and they'd do anything for a mate. 

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, The Brow said:

Aussie women are easy

If Melbourne was warmer and had a decent beach - it would be the greatest city on earth by a country mile. 

New Zealand men are a mixed bag due to their woman beating, heavy drinking and gang related culture. 

I wouldnt move to NZ as the wages are shite compared to the cost of living - in Australia its far better. 

If you want proper racism, head to the NT and watch the local aboriginal population that have been removed from their culture. Australia is easily the most racist place I have ever been, met some superb people there and also some complete *****. 

Fixed that for you :)

I have been to both Australia and New Zealand. Australia to me was definitely Australian, New Zealand for some reason I kept thinking I was in England.

In 1955 during the rail strike there was an Australian contingent visiting Britain and got stuck in Wellington Barracks. They were good guys seemed to be well disciplined and related well with us. A short time after I got out of the army the Australian government were offering free passage and retention of your British army rank if you enlisted in their army. I was discharged with a rank of sergeant so it sounded a good move. I then found the boat trip was at least six weeks, through the Suez Canal when I heard the distances and time spent at sea I just couldn't face it so did not follow up at all. probably a good move as I could have ended up with their troops in Vietnam.

The White Cockade
6 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I didn’t notice that. I know they’ve got quite a bad rep for drinking but I believe their genetic makeup means they don’t process alcohol in the same way? Not 100% sure though. What I did notice was that some aboriginals looked like prehistoric man to me. 
Australia was the most multicultural place ive ever been. Or Melbourne was anyway. 

The way the the Aboriginals have been treated is shameful 

They have been driven to drink by their treatment and then that is another thing used against them 

Worse than apartheid in SA 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

They have been driven to drink by their treatment and then that is another thing used against them 

I don’t know an awful lot about it but yeah I’ve heard they got some awful treatment and we basically tried to wipe them out. Well I say we I mean the British. 
Terrible. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Been to Adelaide twice visiting relatives.

I agree what you have posted.

Threads like this are funny. I like aussies generally and ive travelled all over australia (and new zealand). All about opinions i suppose.

Spent around 2 months in Aus(over 2 trips). Done western Australia perth up to darwin and spent time in the outback in the northern territory to alice springs. Spent time in queensland, Ive done the gold coast from cairns to brisbane as well. Didnt get as far as Adelaide but done Sydney and melbourne.

Melbourne was my least favourite place in australia by a distance. Just seemed like a typical big city. Each to their own.

2 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I have been to both Australia and New Zealand. Australia to me was definitely Australian, New Zealand for some reason I kept thinking I was in England.

In 1955 during the rail strike there was an Australian contingent visiting Britain and got stuck in Wellington Barracks. They were good guys seemed to be well disciplined and related well with us. A short time after I got out of the army the Australian government were offering free passage and retention of your British army rank if you enlisted in their army. I was discharged with a rank of sergeant so it sounded a good move. I then found the boat trip was at least six weeks, through the Suez Canal when I heard the distances and time spent at sea I just couldn't face it so did not follow up at all. probably a good move as I could have ended up with their troops in Vietnam.

Id agree re: Australian and new zealand. NZ is great in its own way but i know what you mean with the english feel. Both the places and people seemed very different.

Generally feels alot more reserved. And the climate was cooler and wetter.

i spent some time in the north island with maori who were the nicest folk, treated you like family. 

8 hours ago, cannonfoda said:

For a while back in 90s every pub had at least 3 working in them.   

Yeah, as manager, in late eighties, I worked with a couple of Aussies....  Absolute salt of the earth..... Bloody loud but a great lad and an absolute peach of a woman...  

hughesie27
2 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Pretty much.

Remember stories of the Gov giving them free cars and them driving them till they ran out of fuel and just dumping them where they broke down because they had no concept of filling them up. 

Although they have a problem with racism towards them I was involved in the School system there and they are attempting to educate the kids over there about their countries history.

And pretty much every official event is opened with a recognition of the ancestral tribes name for whatever peice of land they are on and a member of that tribe is invited along to say something.

It was only a couple years back that they actually closed Uluru (Ayers Rock) to climbers.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Threads like this are funny. I like aussies generally and ive travelled all over australia (and new zealand). All about opinions i suppose.

Spent around 2 months in Aus(over 2 trips). Done western Australia perth up to darwin and spent time in the outback in the northern territory to alice springs. Spent time in queensland, Ive done the gold coast from cairns to brisbane as well. Didnt get as far as Adelaide but done Sydney and melbourne.

Melbourne was my least favourite place in australia by a distance. Just seemed like a typical big city. Each to their own.

A friend of mine moved from Buckie to Alice Springs early 2000s then moved onto Darwin (she's a nurse). My nightshift on a Friday used to finish at 3.30 Saturday morning so I'd have a wee blether with Jillian in real time if you like. Her and her partner then moved oot to a village called Humpty Doo, honestly, theres a place called and its got a hotel called the Humpty Doo hotel, I've seen the pics, Google it, its like portacabins joined together.

8 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I like all the Australians I've ever met as far as I can remember, I appreciated thier directness, some people may see it as blunt or arrogant but I like folk who don't mince thier words, these types do rub people up the wrong way at times but **** them.

I'm the same. Got to know plenty Aussies while working in pubs, everyone of them were sound. Yet a lot of folk I know who have been over there don't like them.

A Boy Named Crow

I live in Sydney, the negative stereotypes do exist, as they do everywhere. In the main I've found folk to have a much more positive, can do,  attitude though.

Drinking can be a problem for them... but then it was where I grew up, where I went to uni,  and also where I worked in the south of England. 

The attitude to sport I've never found difficult.  Events are well organised,  people are friendly - there's minimal segregation at matches,  if any at all. 

Treatment of the aborigines was appalling,  but attitudes are changing. This week has been Reconciliation Week,  an annual thing that promotes... reconciliation. 

It's worth remembering the aborigines were classed as fauna by the BRITS.  A lot of the atrocities were instigated by their descendants.  Australia as a country has only existed for about 120 years. It still feels more like a mixture of the countries that moved here, rather than a culture in it's own right. 

Nowhere else I'd rather live though.

Unknown user
10 hours ago, Tazio said:

I've always thought the Scotland - England dynamic is similar to Canadia - Murica and NZ - Australia. It seems about right to me that we'd probably relate more to the smaller countries of those.

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t know an awful lot about it but yeah I’ve heard they got some awful treatment and we basically tried to wipe them out. Well I say we I mean the British. 
Terrible. 

Can't be right, I heard we built them towns and cities, with a lovely new railway system. We even gave them intercontinental holidays and sent over only the best of our population to live.  

All for free! 

Edited by ri Alban

Harry Potter
18 hours ago, Tazio said:

Workng in the garage made the bg mistake of calling a Canadian an American , well there he went

off on one, saying to me thats like me calling you English, not a problem for me i replied , 

we are both British, as for aussies, yes a bit loud.

20 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Bloody racist too if the stereotype is correct.

🤣🤣🤣

Very good, enjoyed that!

Bad Religion
18 hours ago, The Brow said:

Aussie women are the best on the planet until they speak

Ca you expand on this please? Have you been to New Zealand or have you just watched Once Were Warriors and think you understand NZ culture?

11 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

A friend of mine moved from Buckie to Alice Springs early 2000s then moved onto Darwin (she's a nurse). My nightshift on a Friday used to finish at 3.30 Saturday morning so I'd have a wee blether with Jillian in real time if you like. Her and her partner then moved oot to a village called Humpty Doo, honestly, theres a place called and its got a hotel called the Humpty Doo hotel, I've seen the pics, Google it, its like portacabins joined together.

I've been to Humpty Doo, heading down from Darwin it's the turn off for Kakadu National park and is exactly as you described it.

As for Oz being racist, it's a generalisation but yes, yes it is. I had a conversation with some dick in Sydney who told me it the most multicultural city, and it probably is but the Italians live in Leichhardt, the Greeks live in Randwick, the Vietnamese live in Cabramatta, the Japanese live in Surrey Hills and the Indians live in Harris Park. It might well be multicultural but it's not integrated.

Still an amazing country though.

11 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I live in Sydney, the negative stereotypes do exist, as they do everywhere. In the main I've found folk to have a much more positive, can do,  attitude though.

Drinking can be a problem for them... but then it was where I grew up, where I went to uni,  and also where I worked in the south of England. 

The attitude to sport I've never found difficult.  Events are well organised,  people are friendly - there's minimal segregation at matches,  if any at all. 

Treatment of the aborigines was appalling,  but attitudes are changing. This week has been Reconciliation Week,  an annual thing that promotes... reconciliation. 

It's worth remembering the aborigines were classed as fauna by the BRITS.  A lot of the atrocities were instigated by their descendants.  Australia as a country has only existed for about 120 years. It still feels more like a mixture of the countries that moved here, rather than a culture in it's own right. 

Nowhere else I'd rather live though.

There's a place up the East coast called 1770 which disagrees with that point. 😉

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Can't be right, I heard we built them towns and cities, with a lovely new railway system. We even gave them intercontinental holidays and sent over only the best of our population to live.  

All for free! 

We also introduced them to various STDs which nearly wiped them out.

31 minutes ago, graygo said:

We also introduced them to various STDs which nearly wiped them out.

Did ye😳