Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• DS98

• Batistuta87

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be true then!

I’ve not paid much attention to him since he got injured with Sunderland, has his kicking got any better?

Batistuta87

Past it. Made of glass. Canny kick a ball in a straight line. Would love for him to sign for someone like St Mirren so he doesn't sign for us.

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Past it. Made of glass. Canny kick a ball in a straight line. Would love for him to sign for someone like St Mirren so he doesn't sign for us.

Haha very true. I wouldn't want him back at us but wouldn't want him going to a scummy club like that. Bad enough Celtic.

indianajones

We should be aiming for better than Craig Gordon. 

Saying that, he is a vast improvement on what we have now. 

Smoked-Glass
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was brutal in that Scotland v England game 3 years ago.  Bomb scare around that time but got away with it cause celtic won games 4-1 or whatever, or a team never attacked at parkhead. 

Batistuta87
Just now, neilnunb said:

Haha very true. I wouldn't want him back at us but wouldn't want him going to a scummy club like that. Bad enough Celtic.

Not really bothered where he goes just as long as he doesn't end up at Hearts. People just don't seem to realise just how bad his injury record actually is. 

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He's spent an entire third of his career injured. That's an average of four months out injured, every single year. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Not really bothered where he goes just as long as he doesn't end up at Hearts. People just don't seem to realise just how bad his injury record actually is. 

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He's spent an entire third of his career injured. That's an average of four months out injured, every single year. 

Sounds like quite a few of our players.

Hectormasson
27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Must be someone we can sign for a goalie, apart from tic luvvie gordon ?

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He wouldn't be back-up goalie at a club like Celtic if he wasn't fit. That would make no sense. They'd release him and sign someone fit.

37 is one year older than Neil Alexander was when he joined us and he gave us two good seasons. When we signed him he hadn't played for a season.

Gordon and MacDonald would do me. More than good enough for the championship. For the premiership we would need better although I think Gordon could give us a season there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

millerjames398
27 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Which would translate into him havin a blinder when we played them, sure as night follows day😂

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Fine.  I’d rather we went for Hladky tbh. I don’t get the Gordon love in at all.

Yeah he looks good. 

3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Fine.  I’d rather we went for Hladky tbh. I don’t get the Gordon love in at all.

Not sure there’s a love in, just an opportunity to sign a reliable goalie who was a good servant to the club. 

Building a team takes time. 

Gordon is a very good goalkeeper at this level. Signing him as A.) he wants to return B.) his demands won't be ridiculous makes sense. 

What are we looking for in a goalkeeper? Solid shot stopper and can distribute well - thats Gordon. 

Our squad needs a lot of work, Gordon is an easy, cheap fix who the fans can get behind. I think its a no brainer, unless someone substantially better is available for the same or less?

We need LB, CB, CDM, CAM, LW & RW. Frankly, a cheap but solid goalkeeper means more money can be devoted elsewhere. 

Lets also not forget Harry Stone in all of this, he seems to have knocked back interest from bigger teams, so there is a need to push him toward first team football. Gordon's age plays well with this and offers Harry a wealth of experience to learn from in training. 

Gordon would be a sound signing. 

37 minutes ago, indianajones said:

We should be aiming for better than Craig Gordon. 

Saying that, he is a vast improvement on what we have now. 

Eh? We're going to be playing in the Championship. I think you need to reassess your hopes for Hearts if you think we'll attract someone better than him.

Batistuta87
Just now, Hectormasson said:

Must be someone we can sign for a goalie, apart from tic luvvie gordon ?

I'd have Jamie MacDonald back before I'd have Gordon. And I don't even really want him back either. There's dozens of free agent keepers around right now. Hladky would be my first choice but likely to be a lot of competition for him - same with Gillespie. I'd consider Koprivek who has just left Killie and Sarkic who Livi just had on loan from Villa. There are some good young keepers at the likes of Bournemouth (Travers), Man City (Muric/Bazunu), Everton (Virginia), who might be available on loan... Gordon would be an incredibly lazy signing.

Craig is a good keeper but wee need someone who is less of a risk it should not be hard to get better then what we have just now 

Up to Craig I suppose. He chose Celtic over us a few years ago, maybe now he sees his career as at a low enough point for him to return?

Bothered. 🤷‍♂️

Batistuta87
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He wouldn't be back-up goalie at a club like Celtic if he wasn't fit. That would make no sense. They'd release him and sign someone fit.

37 is one year older than Neil Alexander was when he joined us and he gave us two good seasons. When we signed him he hadn't played for a season.

Gordon and MacDonald would do me. More than good enough for the championship. For the premiership we would need better although I think Gordon could give us a season there.

He's third choice behind Bain. Gordon hasn't even been near the bench lately, not since picking up three consecutive knee injuries in a little over a year, then they rightly jumped at the chance to loan in Forster. They tried to shift Gordon in Jan but wanted far too much money. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The whole “I’ll return later on” patter only works if you do it when you are still worth having. Six years ago Craig could have done that... he chose to be a mhank instead.

Return, don’t return... no ****s to give now.

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

What are we looking for in a goalkeeper? Solid shot stopper and can distribute well - thats Gordon. 

Eh, no he canny.

4 minutes ago, smiler said:

Eh, no he canny.

Agreed. Six years ago I’d be happy to let his flaws slide. Too late, imo. Better out there now, and if he doesn’t get a final payday at Hearts, it’s down to him. Oh well.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Jamboelite

Wait people dont want Gordon......

In comparison to the shit we have had recently he would be superb for us.

Ffs seriously, people questioning whether we should sign Craig Gordon we wouldn't be in the shit we are in if we had him last season 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's third choice behind Bain. Gordon hasn't even been near the bench lately, not since picking up three consecutive knee injuries in a little over a year, then they rightly jumped at the chance to loan in Forster. They tried to shift Gordon in Jan but wanted far too much money. 

He's been on the bench pretty much all season, only kept out by the best goalie in the league.

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, jamborich said:

Ffs seriously, people questioning whether we should sign Craig Gordon we wouldn't be in the shit we are in if we had him last season 

This

those who don’t think we should sign him are deluded 

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't really think multi-millionaire Craig Gordon's going to need the money.

Sources tell us.

Part of the reason we are in the situation we are is paying over the odds wages to has been crocks we need to change the whole dynamics of our signing policy

The Internet
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Much better than any of our current goalies

Do we have any current goalies? 

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Sun linking him with a move to....

St Mirren!

Surely no, Craig.

🤬🤬🤬

Ah, the silly season has well and truly started then.

Not against him coming back but I doubt we’ll sign any keepers if we are in the championship. My preference would be to sign someone younger. We should probably try and sign players with ambitions to progress to bigger clubs than hearts. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not against him coming back but I doubt we’ll sign any keepers if we are in the championship. My preference would be to sign someone younger. We should probably try and sign players with ambitions to progress to bigger clubs than hearts. 

We already have one of them in young Harry Stone.

It's maybe a year too early to play Harry regularly. That makes Craig Gordon a perfect signing to play for now and mentor a very very good prospect. 

Gordon won't want a big wage to finish his his his his job career back with us. Its an absolute no brainer. 

Midloth_Iain

Alternatively .....

7 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Up to Craig I suppose. He chose Celtic over us a few years ago, maybe now he sees his career is ready to hit an all-time low, so will go to St Mirren ...

Bothered. 🤷‍♂️

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

The Sun linking him with a move to....

St Mirren!

Surely no, Craig.

🤬🤬🤬

I hope so otherwise he might end up back here.

6 minutes ago, blairdin said:

We already have one of them in young Harry Stone.

It's maybe a year too early to play Harry regularly. That makes Craig Gordon a perfect signing to play for now and mentor a very very good prospect. 

Gordon won't want a big wage to finish his his his his job career back with us. Its an absolute no brainer. 

Aye I see the plus points I really do. We have to stop buying players with no realistic chance of any sell on value. One of the problems is every player we sign, for a variety of reasons, looks like they will never move on to bigger and better things. 

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don’t know where you’re getting your info mate. You’re either getting fed nonsense from someone or you’re plain making stuff up. 

Bit weird