Most Annoying Noises

Салатные палочки

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Nah the guy is a Rangers fan (unless you are 🤣 )

Maybe I would be, if bus transport wasn't so expensive and I'd had a lobotomy.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Cats, my cat in particular who can obviously tell the time because he greets to get out every feckin morning at 4:15. 

I have to get up and let him out or he'll start ripping things up.

The wife wakes up sometimes and asks what time it is and I can tell her without even looking.

Bstard 🐈

How does it cope with the time changes in the spring and the autumn? Genuine question.

3 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Glaswegians talking.

Its a big city,accents change depend where you are.in the city Doubt it's any  worse than the "shocking aye " awful accent of north east edinburgh/leith .

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

How does it cope with the time changes in the spring and the autumn? Genuine question.

Well obviously I change the clocks and he can tell the time. Duh!

Funnily (not) enough I was just saying that to the Mrs the other day how it doesn't matter if it's dark in the winter or light in the summer he still wants out at that time.

I'm at the stage now where I sometimes just stay up rather than get woken up.

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Funnily (not) enough I was just saying that to the Mrs the other day how it doesn't matter if it's dark in the winter or light in the summer he still wants out at that time.

Smart cat. In that case, why don't you set your clocks permanently a few hours back so that when they read 4.15 it's actually 8.15? Not so genuine comment. :wink:

Edited by redjambo

10 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

My youngest daughter has just started climbing the stairs. We let her do it at least once a day just to keep her amused but as we had work to do today we couldnt. She cried and shook the stair gate just about the whole day. Was nipping my head come lunchtime. 

Don't get me wrong, I love bairns to bit's. I reckon their ability to peenge at that pitch for so long is a survival trait. I've another noise which will come to you also "Da, you got a one-way lone of 50 quid"? Hugs and kisses follow, you melt, hand over the dosh as if there's a colt 45 pressed against your temple. Kids eh?

Noisy eaters, particularly slurping, does my head in.

Whistling. Strangely though, this only bothers me if I’m in a bad mood. 

People who can’t talk without shouting. One of Mrs tjambo’s pals are absolutely brutal for this. 

King prawn

Noisy eaters

Bluebottles

Cutlery clanging together 

Children crying 

People who talk in that ridiculous higher pitched voice when talking to children  

15 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I don't know if it's this lockdown and spending more time at home but I have found myself being less tolerant towards some noises. Some of them annoy me to the point of anger. 

Crockery and cutlery.  When putting the dishes away it really annoys me when the plates or knives and forks clatter together. I try my best to be quiet with them but it never fails to go right through me. 

Dogs barking. I love dogs but their barking really winds me up. It's always the same barks as well. Woof.....woof woof......woof woof woof.....woof woof. Just shut the **** up. 

I'm sure there is plenty more. So what's yours. Hibs fans talking doesn't count. 

The guy in the flat above mine had a lady friend staying for a couple of months who had a wee dog.  She left for work about 8 and got back at 4 (his hours were longer).  It started yapping as soon as she left and did not stop until she got back about 4. I was going to say something to them, but we get on fine and I didn’t want to be ‘that guy’.

I even tried leaving a radio on outside the door to see if that worked, but no.

Fortunately she got her own place after a couple of months.

Sooperstar
9 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

The gym downstairs. For two and a half months it's been bliss,  but as of next Saturday they can reopen. We'll be back to pishy music blaring through the floor at 7am.

Also can't stand  the sound of folk chewing.

How thin are your floors?

11 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

The missus farting coughing and sniffing sometimes all at the same time

The cat meeping at me for a cat treat every time I go in the kitchen

This lockdown business is making me a wee bit edgy, likes

Did you know she was a fart-sniffer when you married her?

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Not seen that one. :D 

One of my sisters used to smell her kids arses to find out which one had farted.

SectionDJambo
12 hours ago, martoon said:

The worst was Hampden in 1988. Never forgotten that sickening wall of noise that hit us when they scored the winner. 

A Hibby I worked with in 1994 said the same about the John Millar equaliser in the postponed new year game. 

Console yourself with them having to listen to us celebrating Craig Beattie scoring the penalty in 2012, and then producing the celebration of a lifetime.

Now and again, Karma is good.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Console yourself with them having to listen to us celebrating Craig Beattie scoring the penalty in 2012, and then producing the celebration of a lifetime.

Now and again, Karma is good.

Aye. Wonderful day. Revenge v. Celtic and sunk the heart of every Hibby. They genuinely would rather have played them. 

Der Kaiser
11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Playing Call of Duty Warzone and some animal eats crisps down the headsets. 
:seething: 

I like to play Long Tall Sally down the mic when waiting to jump to try and rev the team up.

I won't revive teammates who don't recognise the song though.

crunchy frog
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Ha!

Unfortunately its me who is the fart sniffer, she lets rip like an Indian taxi sometimes. All noise and no pollution normally, I am glad to report.

Салатные палочки
3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

One of my sisters used to smell her kids arses to find out which one had farted.

:laugh:

A bit like the pulling the nappy to the side to if it was a fart or something more solid. 

I can't believe the noise a wee girl can make. I would be proud of them but it doesn't seem to faze her. My oldest daughter was the same when she was younger. Ridiculous farting ability. 

There are roadworks at the top of the street from me have been abandoned due to lockdown and the temporary crossing that is directly below my front window beeps every few minutes (3 times just typing this post) even if someone hasn't pressed the button to cross!

In addition to that there is the noise that the workies make when they change the batteries for the crossing almost daily, throwing the old batteries onto the steel flatbed of their truck!

If those weren't bad enough, the roadworks that have been going on since the first week of jan have meant that buses, trucks and lorries have all been diverted past my flat which is down a cobbled side street so they all make a huge racket going past!

15 hours ago, Morgan said:

:rofl: 

Like people who make a drama out of sneezing.

Have to admit I'm a loud sneezer. 🔊🙉

11 hours ago, graygo said:

Mine wakes me up around the same time, back of 4 every morning. Doesn't want out, just wants fed and walks over me and purrs and starts to knock stuff of the bedside table. Eventually get up and moggie runs through to where her bowls is and starts chomping on the food she already has, looks up as if to say, nah you're alright, looks like I've got food here.

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Aw man, give me a wee break.

It’s hardly likely to be on TF1 now, is it?

:biggrin:

:rolleyes2: Every heard of YouTube? :D

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

:rofl: 

Like people who make a drama out of sneezing.

Ever since I read the post about "yodeling" when you sneaze, I've started doing and it's properly grinding the wifes gears👍😅😅

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:rolleyes2: Every heard of YouTube? :D

Don’t think he’s been on here for a wee while.  :biggrin:

30 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ever since I read the post about "yodeling" when you sneaze, I've started doing and it's properly grinding the wifes gears👍😅😅

:naughty:  

the Hearts way
23 hours ago, Tazio said:

Pre lockdown my day off work is normally a Monday, nice long lie in, get up and have a lazy morning with a big breakfast. I live right over the road from a post office and regular as clockwork an old bloke goes there every Monday at 10am and ties his dog up outside. He then stays in the shop for about 10 minutes and the fecking hound does a massive bark every 2 seconds the entire time he is in there. A massive booming HOWF type of bark that you can hear from miles off, never mind 20 yards from it. It doesn't matter where in the house I am all I can hear is HOWF!! I hate that ****ing dog.

I hate seeing dog's tied up outside shops, you hear of so many stories of dog's being stolen.  Would they leave their child outside in a buggy for ten minutes, for instance? 

Remnants of Standards
On 04/06/2020 at 17:26, Dawnrazor said:

I love dogs, have 7, but I can't have a noisy dog, I lived in a bothy next to my mate who lived in the bigger cottage next door, we had one set of kennels at the end of the garden, my mate had a liver flatcoated retriever called Sam, as soon as the sun came up he started with metronomic consistency "Boo.......Boo......Boo......Boo.....Boo..." not a woof or a bark, just "Boo" I hated that dog!!!

Levein's tactics even got on the wick of the animal kingdom.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hibs fan ? 

Smelltic, strangely enough.

9 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Not seen that one. :D 

There’s a poster on here with a very similar tale.  :greggy:

36 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Hibs fan ? 

24 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Smelltic, strangely enough.

Is that not, more or less, the same thing?

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

It did spring to mind. :D 

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Is that not, more or less, the same thing?

Merde et l'odeur de la merde?

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

It did spring to mind. :D 

Merde et l'odeur de la merde?

:yas:

13 hours ago, the Hearts way said:

I hate seeing dog's tied up outside shops, you hear of so many stories of dog's being stolen.  Would they leave their child outside in a buggy for ten minutes, for instance? 

No, bairns are precious, can't fathom your comparison.

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

🤣

8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

🤣

You know, don’t you?

Should we ‘name and shame’?

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You know, don’t you?

Should we ‘name and shame’?

He's not talking to me. :D Cause i'll not let him bad mouth Glaswegians. 

Edited by ri Alban

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's not talking to me. :D Cause i'll not let him bad mouth Glaswegians. 

:lol: 

Robbo-Jambo
On 04/06/2020 at 22:05, martoon said:

That Spurs thing truly is annoying. Can't quite see, or hear, the point of it.

Used to like us signing it in the shed days. Loud and raucous from the start. 

Cracking song back in the day. 

Should be brought back imo. 

41 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Cracking song back in the day. 

Should be brought back imo. 

👍

It's upbeat, offensive to no one and the lyrics are a dawdle to learn and remember. 😁

shoes/trainers squeaking or hissing when some **** walks past, how can you live with this you crazy *******.