Most Annoying Noises

Салатные палочки

Салатные палочки

I don't know if it's this lockdown and spending more time at home but I have found myself being less tolerant towards some noises. Some of them annoy me to the point of anger. 

Crockery and cutlery.  When putting the dishes away it really annoys me when the plates or knives and forks clatter together. I try my best to be quiet with them but it never fails to go right through me. 

Dogs barking. I love dogs but their barking really winds me up. It's always the same barks as well. Woof.....woof woof......woof woof woof.....woof woof. Just shut the **** up. 

I'm sure there is plenty more. So what's yours. Hibs fans talking doesn't count. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

People who whistle, particularly when it's not even a tune.

I'd cut their lips off.

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

People who whistle, particularly when it's not even a tune.

I'd cut their lips off.

:laugh2: that one really winds my mum up for some reason. Seems particular popular with old men. They stop when they pass you, say hello and then start up their nonsense whistling again. 

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

:laugh2: that one really winds my mum up for some reason. Seems particular popular with old men. They stop when they pass you, say hello and then start up their nonsense whistling again. 

Had one like that in the flour mill, was nippy, would whistle constantly, think it was more a nervous problem.

34 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Dogs barking. I love dogs but their barking really winds me up. It's always the same barks as well. Woof.....woof woof......woof woof woof.....woof woof. Just shut the **** up. 

:rofl: 

38 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I love dogs, have 7, but I can't have a noisy dog, I lived in a bothy next to my mate who lived in the bigger cottage next door, we had one set of kennels at the end of the garden, my mate had a liver flatcoated retriever called Sam, as soon as the sun came up he started with metronomic consistency "Boo.......Boo......Boo......Boo.....Boo..." not a woof or a bark, just "Boo" I hated that dog!!!

56 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Pre lockdown my day off work is normally a Monday, nice long lie in, get up and have a lazy morning with a big breakfast. I live right over the road from a post office and regular as clockwork an old bloke goes there every Monday at 10am and ties his dog up outside. He then stays in the shop for about 10 minutes and the fecking hound does a massive bark every 2 seconds the entire time he is in there. A massive booming HOWF type of bark that you can hear from miles off, never mind 20 yards from it. It doesn't matter where in the house I am all I can hear is HOWF!! I hate that ****ing dog.

Spurs fans singing When the Spurs Go Marching In at a funerial pace, and Liverpool fans with that dirge YNWA. 

Edited by Cheile

Whistling.

Machinery reversing and making that Beep Beep noise.

Folk that laugh like they are in a cartoon - Ha ha ha!

Mopeds.

Loud eating.

Phones ringing in bars and restaurants.

Giggling (particularly by men).

The Internet

The sound of people slurping soup/coffee is, by definition, the worst noise in the world. One of the blessings of lockdown is I don't need to go into the office and hear this 3 or 4 times a day. 

SectionDJambo

These young guys who have a wee car, which looks fairly unspectacular or badly painted, and fix noisy exhausts to them. So they can scoot up the road, usually exceeding the speed limit, roaring out a really loud, sputtering, backfiring noise, thinking they are Lewis Hamilton and everyone has to watch them go by.

Numpties.

10 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

The sound of people slurping soup/coffee is, by definition, the worst noise in the world. One of the blessings of lockdown is I don't need to go into the office and hear this 3 or 4 times a day. 

A guy that worked for me used to get a spoonful of soup and then instead of putting it in his mouth he sucked it off the spoon. After a couple of days of this I was ready to kill him, luckily someone else lost the plot before me and tore him to pieces for it. 

He actually tried to claim that it's how you're supposed to eat soup. How he'd made it to his 30's getting away with it is a mystery.

Салатные палочки
38 minutes ago, OBE said:

Greetin bairns with ***k all wrong with them.

My youngest daughter has just started climbing the stairs. We let her do it at least once a day just to keep her amused but as we had work to do today we couldnt. She cried and shook the stair gate just about the whole day. Was nipping my head come lunchtime. 

20 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My youngest daughter has just started climbing the stairs. We let her do it at least once a day just to keep her amused but as we had work to do today we couldnt. She cried and shook the stair gate just about the whole day. Was nipping my head come lunchtime. 

Nothing a couple of piriton wouldn't sort out.

The Internet
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

A guy that worked for me used to get a spoonful of soup and then instead of putting it in his mouth he sucked it off the spoon. After a couple of days of this I was ready to kill him, luckily someone else lost the plot before me and tore him to pieces for it. 

He actually tried to claim that it's how you're supposed to eat soup. How he'd made it to his 30's getting away with it is a mystery.

I think it must be some kind of illness, thinking it's acceptable to make those noises when there's other people in the vicinity. Scientists should be exploring them. 

The delayed cheer from opposition fans when their team score against you. Takes a fraction of a second to reach you and you know it's coming. 

Folk clicking their tongue and moving their head side to side, whilst drumming their fingers as they wait for a website, or something similar, to load up.

’Something similar’ being ‘on hold’ on a phonecall..

Rattling on a bus when it is stuck in traffic with engine idling. Usually the lower downstairs emergency exit, or a window frame.

Edited by kila

16 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Glaswegians talking.

Careful now, DK.

That got poor @Locky into a wee spot of bother, a couple of weeks ago.  :) 

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Whistling.

Machinery reversing and making that Beep Beep noise.

Folk that laugh like they are in a cartoon - Ha ha ha!

Mopeds.

Loud eating.

Phones ringing in bars and restaurants.

Giggling (particularly by men).

Dick Gordon and his pals on a Saturday

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

How long were the lunch breaks?

41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Careful now, DK.

That got poor @Locky into a wee spot of bother, a couple of weeks ago.  :) 

Thankfully most agreed with me. Seems like a few (weegies) didn't like me saying their city and accents are shite. :)

20 minutes ago, Locky said:

Thankfully most agreed with me. Seems like a few (weegies) didn't like me saying their city and accents are shite. :)

:rofl: Nae bother, Barry Ken. 

crunchy frog

The missus farting coughing and sniffing sometimes all at the same time

The cat meeping at me for a cat treat every time I go in the kitchen

This lockdown business is making me a wee bit edgy, likes

34 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: Nae bother, Barry Ken. 

Gonnae no’ dae that, eh?

57 minutes ago, Locky said:

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Cheile said:

Spurs fans singing When the Spurs Go Marching In at a funerial pace, and Liverpool fans with that dirge YNWA. 

That Spurs thing truly is annoying. Can't quite see, or hear, the point of it.

Used to like us signing it in the shed days. Loud and raucous from the start. 

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Gonnae no’ dae that, eh?

You need to rewatch that sketch. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

The delayed cheer from opposition fans when their team score against you. Takes a fraction of a second to reach you and you know it's coming. 

The worst was Hampden in 1988. Never forgotten that sickening wall of noise that hit us when they scored the winner. 

A Hibby I worked with in 1994 said the same about the John Millar equaliser in the postponed new year game. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You need to rewatch that sketch. 

Aw man, give me a wee break.

It’s hardly likely to be on TF1 now, is it?

:biggrin:

16 minutes ago, martoon said:

People who yodel when they yawn. 

It's easy to do it silently.

:rofl: 

Like people who make a drama out of sneezing.

Cats, my cat in particular who can obviously tell the time because he greets to get out every feckin morning at 4:15. 

I have to get up and let him out or he'll start ripping things up.

The wife wakes up sometimes and asks what time it is and I can tell her without even looking.

Bstard 🐈

A Boy Named Crow

The gym downstairs. For two and a half months it's been bliss,  but as of next Saturday they can reopen. We'll be back to pishy music blaring through the floor at 7am.

Also can't stand  the sound of folk chewing.

heartsfc_fan

Our neighbour a couple of doors down gives his dogs an absolute bollocking. Proper rage shouting. Embarrassing stuff tbh.

Pretty sure one of the dogs barks "**** off" constantly. Most bloody annoying bark, but it's all brought on from shite ownership imo.

My dogs barking like crazy if they see someone even looking like they're coming to the house. One starts and the other, who wasn't even looking out the window and hasn't seen a anyone, joins in

3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Our neighbour a couple of doors down gives his dogs an absolute bollocking. Proper rage shouting. Embarrassing stuff tbh.

Pretty sure one of the dogs barks "**** off" constantly. Most bloody annoying bark, but it's all brought on from shite ownership imo.

I was in the middle of typing and went to check new replies.  Just to point out, that's not me. :D 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Lemongrab said:

My dogs barking like crazy if they see someone even looking like they're coming to the house. One starts and the other, who wasn't even looking out the window and hasn't seen a anyone, joins in

I was in the middle of typing and went to check new replies.  Just to point out, that's not me. :D 

Nah the guy is a Rangers fan (unless you are 🤣 )