Racism in the UK/Racism is stupid

Rick James

33 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

People with lower overall intelligence are more likely to favour copy-and-paste memes over meaningful dialogue, study finds.

😂

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Beast Boy

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maroonlegions
50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

People with lower overall intelligence are more likely to favour copy-and-paste memes over meaningful dialogue, study finds.

People with limited respect for others  are more likely to  have their heads so far up their own sun dont shines  study fines.

Not the only one on here who posts memes mate, could post up a few that have if you want. 

If  you were not that too busy having a  personal goe and   wee cowardly snidey remarks mate , you would realise that there was a fecking link to that meme. But you knew that anyway eh. No comment on the findings of the study then, tells me you dont want to know and it might even annoy you , fecking  good.

We could even have  had a grown up decision on those findings from that link, yes that link with the meme.

Edited by maroonlegions

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching 30 for 30, lakers v Celtic. 

Why is it racist that the Celtics are 75% white, but its not racist that the Lakers are majority Black. 

The NBA was 75% Black but the Celtics are racist because they weren't. Baffled?! 

Edited by ri Alban

9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Just watching 30 for 30, lakers v Celtic. 

Why is it racist that the Celtics are 75% white, but its not racist that the Lakers are majority Black. 

The NBA was 75% Black but the Celtics are racist because they weren't. Baffled?! 

I thought the Boston Celtics were one of the first teams to really try to break down the barriers to black players playing (in the 1960's?) and that having black players in the team was a big thing in a mainly white, insular and racist city.

Did 30 for 30 say otherwise?

Anyway, I looked this up https://theundefeated.com/features/celtics-being-a-black-player-in-boston/

2 minutes ago, Sydney said:

I thought the Boston Celtics were one of the first teams to really try to break down the barriers to black players playing (in the 1960's?) and that having black players in the team was a big thing in a mainly white, insular and racist city.

Did 30 for 30 say otherwise?

Anyway, I looked this up https://theundefeated.com/features/celtics-being-a-black-player-in-boston/

It just referred to the make up of the crowd. Personally, I didn’t even notice it until they mentioned it, I was just enjoying watching brilliant players, especially Magic, Larry and Karem.

I think they said it was a either good white players were overlooked in preference to good black and Boston capitalised, or it was in fact playing to the City. Only the owner could answer that. 

Quite like these in depth BB docs, the footage is out of this world. Incredible Talent. 

• 5 weeks later...

A 14 year old black boy was held by police because "they thought they smelled weed" (yes, that phrase again).
When youth workers arrived to enquire about why he'd been taken back to the police station, they were also held.

Everybody from the youth centre arrived on scene, so the cops decided to de-escalate by sending in two vans of heavies.

After a tense few hours, everybody was released without charge.

A black Labour MP was pulled over and questioned in London because the police had run a check on the number plate and it had come back as being a yorkshire plate.

As far as I know, it's legal for someone from yorkshire to be in London.

When the police were informed that the person they'd pulled over was an MP and asked why they'd decided to pull her over, they said "we've had people coming into the area".

Again, as far as I know, it's legal for people from yorkshire to visit London.

In Sandbach, Cheshire, a local councillor is at the centre of a storm after using a facebook group to threaten BLM and other equality protesters, saying he knew where they lived and would send the details to the EDL and Britain First. Images of KKK hoods were posted by other people in the group and various other threats were made.

After police were alerted to the racist nature of the group, the images and posts were quickly deleted and the group made private.

The local councillor is now the sole admin of the group. He has not made any comment.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

A 14 year old black boy was held by police because "they thought they smelled weed" (yes, that phrase again).
When youth workers arrived to enquire about why he'd been taken back to the police station, they were also held.

Everybody from the youth centre arrived on scene, so the cops decided to de-escalate by sending in two vans of heavies.

After a tense few hours, everybody was released without charge.

A black Labour MP was pulled over and questioned in London because the police had run a check on the number plate and it had come back as being a yorkshire plate.

As far as I know, it's legal for someone from yorkshire to be in London.

When the police were informed that the person they'd pulled over was an MP and asked why they'd decided to pull her over, they said "we've had people coming into the area".

Again, as far as I know, it's legal for people from yorkshire to visit London.

In Sandbach, Cheshire, a local councillor is at the centre of a storm after using a facebook group to threaten BLM and other equality protesters, saying he knew where they lived and would send the details to the EDL and Britain First. Images of KKK hoods were posted by other people in the group and various other threats were made.

After police were alerted to the racist nature of the group, the images and posts were quickly deleted and the group made private.

The local councillor is now the sole admin of the group. He has not made any comment.

I worked in Derbyshire for years, I got stopped about 3 times a month because my pick up was registered in Liverpool, it happens, were the Black cops that stopped me racist?

If the Police suspect someone of dealing/using/carrying drugs, should they not apprehend them because of thier colour?

• 2 years later...

Being pulled in by cops on UK motorways is commonplace, and apparently fruitful when it comes to detecting crime. The traffic cops working those motorways are of a higher average standard than your regular beat cop, they're smarter and better trained. Because they're like detectives out there not beat cops.

I have been stopped myself and i'm not black, in the car which I was driving were two other white guys, we were heading for Cheltenham. We didn't even get out of Scotland before they hauled us off the motorway and took us to a little police station in Lockerbie of all places.

We simply looked suspicious to them, one of my mates is 6 foot 4, heavily built, and was squeezed into the back of a Toyota Starlet, a small car. In fact I remember when we were getting out of the car and he steps out, one cops exact words were WOW, you're a big one. He had a police record for extreme violence which I expect they quickly checked on.

We probably looked like gang members or something, perhaps transporting drugs for all they know, though incidentally we weren't. We were just going to Cheltenham to visit the big guys cousin. And while I was pissed off about being stooped and spending an hour in a cop station being breathalysed and grilled, I do get it.

One of the cops was a cheeky sod, the car was mine and he wanted to buy it "when you get banned"

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Being pulled in by cops on UK motorways is commonplace, and apparently fruitful when it comes to detecting crime. The traffic cops working those motorways are of a higher average standard than your regular beat cop, they're smarter and better trained. Because they're like detectives out there not beat cops.

I have been stopped myself and i'm not black, in the car which I was driving were two other white guys, we were heading for Cheltenham. We didn't even get out of Scotland before they hauled us off the motorway and took us to a little police station in Lockerbie of all places.

We simply looked suspicious to them, one of my mates is 6 foot 4, heavily built, and was squeezed into the back of a Toyota Starlet, a small car. In fact I remember when we were getting out of the car and he steps out, one cops exact words were WOW, you're a big one. He had a police record for extreme violence which I expect they quickly checked on.

We probably looked like gang members or something, perhaps transporting drugs for all they know, though incidentally we weren't. We were just going to Cheltenham to visit the big guys cousin. And while I was pissed off about being stooped and spending an hour in a cop station being breathalysed and grilled, I do get it.

One of the cops was a cheeky sod, the car was mine and he wanted to buy it "when you get banned"

Probably driving on the wrong side of the road.

New Town Loafer

‘Racism’ will always exist. It is, after all, a natural phenomenon whether people like that or not. That’s not to say folk killing each other because of the colour of their skin will always happen, and is a rare occurrence anyway (particularly in this country).

In my opinion, the U.K is one of, if not the least racist country in the world. I have been lucky enough to travel a lot and have lived in 7 different countries and the UK is by far the least racist of those. In my experience, the Chinese and black communities are the most racist.

One of the issues with being in a tolerant country is when quotas become involved. They are patronising and often racist themselves. Virtue-signalling nonsense in general is nauseating and when it comes to race it is no different.

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Probably driving like a dick.

:spoton:

9 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

In my opinion, the U.K is one of, if not the least racist country in the world. I have been lucky enough to travel a lot and have lived in 7 different countries and the UK is by far the least racist of those.

This is my experience also. That's not to take away from the issues and attitudes that still exist.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Being pulled in by cops on UK motorways is commonplace…

Is it? I don’t believe it is. I’ve been driving all over the UK for decades and I’ve never been stopped. I don’t know anyone who’s been stopped. And in my wider social circle have never even heard anecdotal evidence of anyone being stopped. I’ve been randomly stopped at a police check in a city but it’s been one where they are obvious that they have set up and not a random stop.  

ArcticJambo

I've been stopped twice in the street in the last 10 yrs, and questioned. On one occasion driven to another location and asked if I knew some dodgy looking chap being held by another set of cops. I wiggo'd them and they said on yer way! I'm like wtf, I was almost home, drive me home. ***** told me to gtf. I'm white, and maybe almost middle aged!

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Is it? I don’t believe it is. I’ve been driving all over the UK for decades and I’ve never been stopped. I don’t know anyone who’s been stopped. And in my wider social circle have never even heard anecdotal evidence of anyone being stopped. I’ve been randomly stopped at a police check in a city but it’s been one where they are obvious that they have set up and not a random stop.  

I was gonna say, never happened to me or anyone i know.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 hours ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

:spoton:

This is my experience also. That's not to take away from the issues and attitudes that still exist.

Not in my experience, and I'm not even black.

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Not in my experience, and I'm not even black.

Everyone will have their own experience, right enough.

As a whitey I've experienced a fair bit of racism on my travels.

Some of it directed at me from non-whites, some from other whiteys with a racial superiority complex, and some where other expect me to agree with their racist views on account of my whitey-ness.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
3 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

Everyone will have their own experience, right enough.

As a whitey I've experienced a fair bit of racism on my travels.

Some of it directed at me from non-whites, some from other whiteys with a racial superiority complex, and some where other expect me to agree with their racist views on account of my whitey-ness.

No doubt.

I've been told to f off back home from people in 2 countries.

First was before I had even started primary school, and was because I was a smelly yank.

The second was from a toothless hag, in Leicester Square, when I was about 8. This time I was a scrounging, Scottish c.

At least the Scottish bigot got my birth country correct.

I'm guessing the toothless hag died shortly after, choking on a can of super strength cider.

I don't know if this was down to any form of racism, or just plain stupidity, but back in the 80's I was stopped by a policeman in the street and asked if I would take part in an identity parade, and would be paid £10 for it. I agreed and was driven from Picardy Place to some police station in the north of the city. Standing in a room with other randoms, the accused guy walks in and looks at us all. A policeman asked the guy "Do you have any objections", to which he replied "Aye, none of them look like me".  The guy was asian, and everyone else in the room was white.

In the end the identiry parade didn't take place, but I still got my £10, and a lift back to where they'd picked me up from ( @ArcticJambo ☺️)

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Meathook said:

I don't know if this was down to any form of racism, or just plain stupidity, but back in the 80's I was stopped by a policeman in the street and asked if I would take part in an identity parade, and would be paid £10 for it. I agreed and was driven from Picardy Place to some police station in the north of the city. Standing in a room with other randoms, the accused guy walks in and looks at us all. A policeman asked the guy "Do you have any objections", to which he replied "Aye, none of them look like me".  The guy was asian, and everyone else in the room was white.

In the end the identiry parade didn't take place, but I still got my £10, and a lift back to where they'd picked me up from ( @ArcticJambo ☺️)

:lol: I'd have taken a tenner for the inconvenience.

9 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

‘Racism’ will always exist. It is, after all, a natural phenomenon whether people like that or not. That’s not to say folk killing each other because of the colour of their skin will always happen, and is a rare occurrence anyway (particularly in this country).

*In my opinion, the U.K is one of, if not the least racist country in the world. I have been lucky enough to travel a lot and have lived in 7 different countries and the UK is by far the least racist of those. In my experience, the Chinese and black communities are the most racist.

One of the issues with being in a tolerant country is when quotas become involved. They are patronising and often racist themselves. Virtue-signalling nonsense in general is nauseating and when it comes to race it is no different.

* :rofl: A white man telling folk how no racist their country is, while raging about dinghies, abusing young black men cause they missed a penalty. Minorities stuck in shiteholes housing, black lassie ran out of town for being black, using shortened words to describe Indian, Pakistani and Chinese folk. But hey, how could a white Scot know how tolerant the UK is when you don't live it. 

Scotland and England are very racist, imo.

il Duce McTarkin

"Scotland and England are very racist", says a Field Jock that's never ventured beyond his own parochial arsehole.

New Town Loafer
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

* :rofl: A white man telling folk how no racist their country is, while raging about dinghies, abusing young black men cause they missed a penalty. Minorities stuck in shiteholes housing, black lassie ran out of town for being black, using shortened words to describe Indian, Pakistani and Chinese folk. But hey, how could a white Scot know how tolerant the UK is when you don't live it. 

Scotland and England are very racist, imo.

How the **** do you know I’m white?

il Duce McTarkin
5 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm guessing the toothless hag died shortly after, choking on a can of super strength cider.

There's worse ways to go, tbf.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
53 minutes ago, Dirk McTarkin said:

There's worse ways to go, tbf.

:lol: A bottle of TNT Dynamite cider, hopefully.

My Grand daughter was suspended for knocking ten bells of poop out off a " girl with issues" who constantly called her the n word whilst pulling her hair along Georgie road. That fecker got to go bowling and the the cinema for being bad. Tynecastle high police man, yes there is one, not interested other than a wee talking too. Luckily her dad got a sore face. From who.... I don't know. But he was a ***** too. Nobody is born racist.

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, tightrope said:

My Grand daughter was suspended for knocking ten bells of poop out off a " girl with issues" who constantly called her the n word whilst pulling her hair along Georgie road. That fecker got to go bowling and the the cinema for being bad. Tynecastle high police man, yes there is one, not interested other than a wee talking too. Luckily her dad got a sore face. From who.... I don't know. But he was a ***** too. Nobody is born racist.

Thats the thing that gets on my goat. There's a school for kids with "issues" in Blackburn that has a lovely outdoor grassy area with picnic tables/poly tunnels for growing things etc etc. Kids without "issues" in the adjoining primary school have to make do with peever beds and the likes painted onto tarmac. Its not right!

9 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Thats the thing that gets on my goat. There's a school for kids with "issues" in Blackburn that has a lovely outdoor grassy area with picnic tables/poly tunnels for growing things etc etc. Kids without "issues" in the adjoining primary school have to make do with peever beds and the likes painted onto tarmac. Its not right

Spot on, rewarded for bad behaviour. Wrong. 

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Spot on, rewarded for bad behaviour. Wrong. 

Met a lass years ago in Cumbria whose 14 yo son had got into car theft and banged up. They put him on a car mechanics course then managed to blag him an apprenticeship in a major dealer garage. Couldn't make it up!

7 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Met a lass years ago in Cumbria whose 14 yo son had got into car theft and banged up. They put him on a car mechanics course then managed to blag him an apprenticeship in a major dealer garage. Couldn't make it up!

That's a success if the lad sticks it. Which, I am sure you are getting at. But violence and racism should not be rewarded. There has to be consequences. It's not even suggested that the behaviours are wrong. Let's just get popcorn and it will go away.

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Isn't that what rehabilitation is about though? Isn't it better for everyone if they turn him round and he becomes a tax paying mechanic rather than a repeat offender?

The fact that others don't have access to funding and opportunities is shit, but that's another story, that's what happens when small government conservatives are in power.