Racism in the UK/Racism is stupid

Locky

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True, but I think racism is on the wane in the UK despite what the media and people on here tend to say.

My take on it is that less people are racist but the ones who are seem more emboldened and extreme in their views. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Beast Boy

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My take on it is that less people are racist but the ones who are seem more emboldened and extreme in their views. 

I'd agree with that, but part of that comes from the change in the ways people can communicate. The anonymity of the internet for instance, and social media giving every idiot a voice...

Traditional media have a real love/hate with the internet. Editors cannot control the message ie anti-Russia like they used to be able to. It is also cheap and easy content though, so not much time needs invested in research, fact checking etc since news is good for a day (more than it ever was in the days of "tomorrows chip wrapper") 

Edited by Spellczech

9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I'd agree with that, but part of that comes from the change in the ways people can communicate. The anonymity of the internet for instance, and social media giving every idiot a voice...

Traditional media have a real love/hate with the internet. Editors cannot control the message ie anti-Russia like they used to be able to. It is also cheap and easy content though, so not much time needs invested in research, fact checking etc since news is good for a day (more than it ever was in the days of "tomorrows chip wrapper") 

Yep, just based on looking at social media yesterday I think the most dangerous job in the world in the near future will be a steward in the crowd at the Fury Joshua fights. That's going to be an evil atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yep, just based on looking at social media yesterday I think the most dangerous job in the world in the near future will be a steward in the crowd at the Fury Joshua fights. That's going to be an evil atmosphere.

Yeah not sure if it was cynical opportunism, stupidity or unfortunate timing for announcing that deal...

Edited by Spellczech

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

This! 

Now they want Robert Peel's statue. And when it was pointed out that it was his dad who opposed the abolition of slavery. It made no difference. Fecking idiots! 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Now they want Robert Peel's statue. And when it was pointed out that it was his dad who opposed the abolition of slavery. It made no difference. Fecking idiots! 

:rofl:

The world’s gone f*****g nuts.

maroonlegions
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

The world’s gone f*****g nuts.

Yip, only have to look closer to home , seems this tory low life is just that, a racist  one at that.

Why not re erect JImmy Savile's statues , after all he was a top charity worker, lets forget he was a low life pedo.

Indulging in the slave trade or having links to it seems to be alright amongst some Tories. 

This rat boy deserves all that could be coming to him, hopefully in the form of expulsion from the nasty party.

102291811_2770814723024158_2967518427895837122_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Yip, only have to look closer to home , seems this tory low life is just that, a racist  one at that.

Why not re erect JImmy Savile's statues , after all he was a top charity worker, lets forget he was a low life pedo.

Indulging in the slave trade or having links to it seems to be alright amongst some Tories. 

This rat boy deserves all that could be coming to him, hopefully in the form of expulsion from the nasty party.

The boy in the picture is obvious a fecking piece of shit, scumbag *******. 

maroonlegions

Let's not pretend those moaning about statues of people linked with the slave trade aren't racists.

Let's be honest how many of you moaned when Jimmy Savile's statue was removed?

After all he was a committed charity worker.

If you did object to Savile's statue being removed then please let us know...
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I can recall seeing crowds just like that cheering racial speeches, its heartening to see a generation with a totally different perspective. Things with time can change for the better when cooler heads prevail.

On 11/06/2020 at 19:16, maroonlegions said:

i found the context for that photo. Strange boy. Seems to be a bit of a troll...

image.png.112f88eee519441ebb1edf6fda354db5.png

Remember Paul Elliot was banished for calling some other black guy a naughty word. One of my fave pundits, a good guy. We're stuck with dunces Ian Wright and nonentities like Jenas. 

No one is arguing  about removing racist statues, but don't just pull down statues on someone's flawed mindset. We're a democracy, so let's hear the reason and facts why these statues should be removed.

As for JS, we all know what he was. 

Hopeful we get to see who sprayed King Roberts statue. May possibly have been a unionist. 

fabienleclerq
16 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Let's not pretend those moaning about statues of people linked with the slave trade aren't racists.

Let's be honest how many of you moaned when Jimmy Savile's statue was removed?

After all he was a committed charity worker.

If you did object to Savile's statue being removed then please let us know...
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

See one of the problems with the left or BLM for that matter is statements that basically say if you disagree with me you're a racist or you're a facist etc. Are people not allowed to have an opinion without being on either side? 

It doesn't help BLM and imo plays into the people on the right who end up looking reasonable than they are. I think Trump benefits massively from this. 

maroonlegions

As the right wing thugs giving Nazi salutes in LOndon today were singing God save the Queen ,i think it  would be  highly  appropriate for the Queen to state publicly that she does not want their support.  

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

As the right wing thugs giving Nazi salutes in LOndon today were singing God save the Queen ,i think it  would be  highly  appropriate for the Queen to state publicly that she does not want their support.  

Not a bad idea really, the thing with these marches and demo's is that, as we saw with the BLM demo's, the extremes hijack them, left and right, it makes a mockery of the right to demonstrate. 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Not a bad idea really, the thing with these marches and demo's is that, as we saw with the BLM demo's, the extremes hijack them, left and right, it makes a mockery of the right to demonstrate. 

Yip.

She could end their misery at one call of "one is not amused".😂

84280546_1162368274145793_5733729775109642288_n.jpg

Doctor FinnBarr
7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

You must bear in mind that Mrs Queen comes from a German family, some members of the same family are alleged to have been supportive of the Nazi cause, just saying like.

Maybe why the German bombers missed Buck House during the blitz, the feckers had it lit up.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

Unknown user
5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You must bear in mind that Mrs Queen comes from a German family, some members of the same family are alleged to have been supportive of the Nazi cause, just saying like.

Maybe why the German bombers missed Buck House during the blitz, the feckers had it lit up.

Literally a photo of Edward the half Q and the auld Queen mum teaching Oor Liz the nazi salute.

queen-nazi-salute.jpg

Here's the king at the time having a go himself, looks like they're having tremendous fun to be fair.

film_clip_royal_family_salute_sieg_heil_

Isn't QM chuffed?

Queen.jpg

maroonlegions

A Black Lives Matter protester carrying a far-right racist to safety from trouble caused by that very same far right crowd. Do not let anyone allow a narrative of “They are all the same”, or that those who are anti-racist & anti-fascist are the problem, to gather any traction at all. Inform and educate respectfully, wherever it is needed..Decent people need  to stand in solidarity with all those standing up to racism, fascism, ugly nationalism and division. No matter how much some media or our Prime Minister or President of the USA try to get you to believe otherwise.  

104094850_1275583195978816_8615336264436133561_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_oc=AQkea-XJb_CgZpOV3B3USogLIIXb6p_19eo5g2-1-R5PyUL5cu80oEDVLBiE4_QD59o&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=feeea7bcc081c8cf552a2f7ce54abecf&oe=5F099FE7

maroonlegions

One lad pissed himself and they forgot to proof check the flag spelling .

Cant even spell the country they fecking live in..:vrface:

:4_1_72:                                                          :4_1_72:                                                         :4_1_72:

81893588_3029801030434739_3802902858535032639_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQmi9oXbFM_q62Xv70PHaOzSECQl2FuyA-EkdJ5EO4fBG_55pxXYfhavTYkHqks3Cjk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=431d72192af21484dff01b45d3746cce&oe=5F0C2D47

:facepalm:                                            :cornette:

The guy in the green shorts appears to be the same one who kicks over a police officer from behind https://twitter.com/VinnieoDowd/status/1271809857507770376?s=19

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

:4_1_72:                                                          :4_1_72:                                                         :4_1_72:

81893588_3029801030434739_3802902858535032639_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQmi9oXbFM_q62Xv70PHaOzSECQl2FuyA-EkdJ5EO4fBG_55pxXYfhavTYkHqks3Cjk&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=431d72192af21484dff01b45d3746cce&oe=5F0C2D47

The guy in the green shorts appears to be the same one who kicks over a police officer from behind https://twitter.com/VinnieoDowd/status/1271809857507770376?s=19

It's possible the spelling mistake and urine stain are photoshopped. Although there's absolutely no question the green bra is real!

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

You've fallen for a fake I'm afraid. 

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Well done for finding it, good fact checking...  .  Yes i knew it was fake as i done the same check as you, just thought it was funny as feck and too good not to post as a piss take..:gok:  Think i need to make that clearer as some think i am post these piss takes as fact..:berra: 

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Well done for finding it, good fact checking...  .  Yes i knew it was fake as i done the same check as you, just thought it was funny as feck and too good not to post as a piss take..:gok:  Think i need to make that clearer as some think i am post these piss takes as fact..:berra: 

It's alright mate, doesn't make you a bad person.

4 hours ago, weehammy said:

Always find it hard to take seriously those smart a***s who employ that little chap rolling about and you’re certainly one of the leading self-regarders on here ( having fought off stern competition).
Back to the point - the suggestion that these Neanderthal skinheads have Boris as their ‘poster boy’ is clearly garbage. Whatever faults he may have, he’s not a f*****g stormtrooper!
Now off you go back to your colouring book. Bye.

💋

MR INCREDIBLE
On 13/06/2020 at 17:22, maroonlegions said:

Great Idea. 

It could be a JOINT statement with a BLM leader saying they don't support attacks on police or mobs attacking single white protesters when they were separated from their crowd. 

maroonlegions
On 14/06/2020 at 16:25, weehammy said:

And who unreservedly condemned the same ‘racist thugs’. Oops, sorry that doesn’t fit your narrative.

Too late, your narrative on the other hand is one of, oh , silly chaps just standing up for old blighty.

Tell me your narrative on  Boris Johnson's utterings of "watermelon smiles",, has he or has he not ENCOURAGED these right wing thugs such comments....   ??? You and i and all those o here reading this no the answer to my question.

maroonlegions
On 15/06/2020 at 08:21, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Great Idea. 

It could be a JOINT statement with a BLM leader saying they don't support attacks on police or mobs attacking single white protesters when they were separated from their crowd. 

Feck sake , pure made up shite. Everyone of those right wing thugs go for a pager, you know that anyway , everyone of them, there is a very small % of BLM protesters  who engage in it. No doubt rising to the fecking NAZI salutes.  You endorsing anyone doing the Nazi sign???? 

maroonlegions

My take on those who hide their rascitiusm through clever manipulation of always playing the victim or being to fecking smart in their intellectual approach.  Racist is racist and there is no middle ground.

The lyrics below fit perfectly ... 

We say "No, not in our name."

It's in the things that you say and you don't say
You don't know it cause you're such a ****in' cliche
The way you define them & us
Those you fear and those you trust
You know a black guy and he's very articulate
You know a Mexican and she's honest and diligent
You don't see color but some people need discipline
A thug is a thug, some people need to learn a lesson

Your justifications, one dead give away
Your qualifications, one dead give away
You'd never endorse the Jim Crowe days
But the malice in your voice is a God damn give away

Just 'cause you don't know you're racist
A bigot with a check list
You don't get a pass when you're talkin' your shit
You don't get a pass, get a pass for your ignorance

Black lives matter and you don't know why
And reverse racism isn't a real thing
No you weren't alive in the time of slavery
But that's no excuse to ignore its legacy
Not afraid of refugees
But don't want a mosque built on your street
Offended by the claim of bigotry
More than the racism in your face

Your justifications, one dead give away
Your qualifications, one dead give away
You'd never endorse the Bull Connor days
But the malice in your voice is a God damn give away

You fly the flag of the Confederacy
You say to celebrate your history
The South was fighting to save slavery
To preserve and protect white supremacy

Just 'cause you don't know you're sexist
Just 'cause you don't know you're fascist
You don't get a pass for your ignorance
Just 'cause you don't know you're sexist
Just 'cause you don't know you're fascist

Writer(s): Christopher Barker, Christopher Head, Justin Geever, Patrick Bollinger, Stevie Aiello
  1. AZLyrics

On 15/06/2020 at 08:27, Governor Tarkin said:

Has this turned into an ML copy and paste meme thread yet?

Nothing changes. Every thread he posts on. 😂

MR INCREDIBLE
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Feck sake , pure made up shite. Everyone of those right wing thugs go for a pager, you know that anyway , everyone of them, there is a very small % of BLM protesters  who engage in it. No doubt rising to the fecking NAZI salutes.  You endorsing anyone doing the Nazi sign???? 

Good memories. 

Needs a statue. 

Screenshot_20200618-214708.jpg

17 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

bit old fashioned. 

Unfortunately the body of your argument is negated by the large groups of young black men hanging around the main railway stations looking for white guys to batter. The Met's wanted list of those who committed serious violence is littered with people associated with BLM. Sometimes you should look at the facts before defending violent actions from whatever side. 

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

bit old fashioned. 

Unfortunately the body of your argument is negated by the large groups of young black men hanging around the main railway stations looking for white guys to batter. The Met's wanted list of those who committed serious violence is littered with people associated with BLM. Sometimes you should look at the facts before defending violent actions from whatever side. 

I can believe that is happening however the lack of coverage of this by the media tells you everything you need to know.

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions
On 19/06/2020 at 14:53, Ron Burgundy said:

I can believe that is happening however the lack of coverage of this by the media tells you everything you need to know.

Interesting find from the US.  Seems that its the far right who pose the greatest threat of terrorism.

Violence by far right is among US's most dangerous terrorist threats, study finds. #StanduptoRacism @uaf

Governor Tarkin

People with lower overall intelligence are more likely to favour copy-and-paste memes over meaningful dialogue, study finds.

28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

People with lower overall intelligence are more likely to favour copy-and-paste memes over meaningful dialogue, study finds.

:interehjrling: