• Beast Boy

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They were arses as well.

It’s almost like they forget the wall to wall condemnation of those people. The Dominic Cummings frenzy too. 
But how dare you evil racists criticise these ****ing idiots. 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, jack D and coke said:

It’s almost like they forget the wall to wall condemnation of those people. The Dominic Cummings frenzy too. 
But how dare you evil racists criticise these ****ing idiots. 

Exactly.

stevie1874
On 06/06/2020 at 07:00, ri Alban said:

Hopefully at these protests in Scotland, they'll be protesting against separate schools and how Celtic and Rangers fuel this division to make millions. Doubt it! 

This is exactly what people should be addressing/protesting about if anything in Scotland 

34 minutes ago, weehammy said:

That second sentence seems impassioned but is lost on me due to not being in English. Sorry!

I hate to differ but I understand it perfectly. We're underestimating the threat of modern fascism.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I hate to differ but I understand it perfectly. We're underestimating the threat of modern fascism.

"The fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists.” 

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

"The fascists of the future will call themselves anti-fascists.” 

Who said that?

Just now, redjambo said:

Who said that?

Don't know, some say it was Churchill but I think that was disproved, very accurate though whoever it was.

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Don't know, some say it was Churchill but I think that was disproved, very accurate though whoever it was.

Indeed it was disproved. :smiley2:

I think you'll find that the threat from fascists worldwide is far greater than the threat from Antifa. Antifa are merely becoming the boogeyman for those who don't want to believe that good people actually want to protest against the status quo.

By all means, you and others continue to throw abuse at protestors, as has been shown in this thread - they're either middle-class "look at me" merchants or violent tykes, but if you can't even admit that the vast majority are honest folk who have just had enough then you are losing touch with reality in a way in which you have become part of the problem.

Just now, redjambo said:

Indeed it was disproved. :smiley2:

I think you'll find that the threat from fascists worldwide is far greater than the threat from Antifa. Antifa are merely becoming the boogeyman for those who don't want to believe that good people actually want to protest against the status quo.

By all means, you and others continue to throw abuse at protestors, as has been shown in this thread - they're either middle-class "look at me" merchants or violent tykes, but if you can't even admit that the vast majority are honest folk who have just had enough then you are losing touch with reality in a way in which you have become part of the problem.

I think defending the violence we've seen in the demonstrations is a bigger part of the problem, I'm perfectly happy to agree that many of the protesters are genuine and are, if however the timing due to covid is wrong, deeply concerned with the murder of a black man by a white pploce officer and other injustices suffered by ethnic and religious groups, but to condone the violence during the demo' is , as you say "you have become part of the problem"

The threat by other fascists may be a bigger threat than that of ANTIFA, possibly, but ANTIFA is a fascist movement and therefore should be called out as such.

Unknown user
On 04/06/2020 at 16:08, Dawnrazor said:

I've the same attitude, I think Islam gets an easy time by the press, 30 Christians can be murdered in an African country, as has happened recently, and nothing is said.

I also think it's I don't want to say "fashionable" but it's certainly acceptable to heavily criticise Judaism and the Jewish people for what's done in Israel but bring up Islamist atrocities and you're "islamophobic". I'm aware we're talking about extremists, I think its the press that twists the aggenda, it's OK to hate Judaism as long as you say it's "Zionism" you hate, and "I'm not antisemitic because I criticise Isreal.

The press have a huge amount of blame lying on there doorstep, the child grooming gangs in Yorkshire being allowed to carry on for years because of the fear of offending Muslim communities was disgrace.

I'll sit back and wait to be called kind of racist now.

In the last week alone there have been mass protests in Nigeria over sexual violence, 26 murdered and a village burned to the ground in Mali, news that Cameroonian police have killed 15 since lockdown started, 2 days of protests in Senegal over lockdown. It's a continent of 1.3 billion people, more than double the EU, bad stuff happens every day and we don't hear about it.

Is the fact that you didn't see that story a sign of muslim crimes being repressed or a sign that we have no interest in African news and barely consume any?

Edited by Smithee

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

Is the fact that you didn't see that story a sign of muslim crimes being repressed or a sign that we have no interest in African news and barely consume any?

Good point, a bit of both probably.

I know that it was in the 1960s, but I just came across this and had no idea that there was even a boycott of the buses in Bristol due to the fact that there was a de facto ban on ethnic minorities working on the buses there. It's the sort of thing you normally associate with the States.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23795655

doctor jambo
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

In the last week alone there have been mass protests in Nigeria over sexual violence, 26 murdered and a village burned to the ground in Mali, news that Cameroonian police have killed 15 since lockdown started, 2 days of protests in Senegal over lockdown. It's a continent of 1.3 billion people, more than double the EU, bad stuff happens every day and we don't hear about it.

I await Raheem Sterling refusig to play in the WC in Quatar over the rampant racism in that country and the slavish exploitation of immigrant workers.

And Anthony Joshua will, of course refuse to box in the middle east, where people are bound in domestic slavery, and workers have their passports taken.

I wont hold my breath though.

soundbites are easy, sacrifice is difficult

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I await Raheem Sterling refusig to play in the WC in Quatar over the rampant racism in that country and the slavish exploitation of immigrant workers.

And Anthony Joshua will, of course refuse to box in the middle east, where people are bound in domestic slavery, and workers have their passports taken.

I wont hold my breath though.

soundbites are easy, sacrifice is difficult

Fair comment.

doctor jambo
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair comment.

Or indeed condemning the owners of his own club who allow the brutalisation of women and ethnic/religious minorities in the country they run.

You go Raheem, you tell your club owners what you think of your marvellous owners and the fascist misogynist regime they enforce!

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Or indeed condemning the owners of his own club who allow the brutalisation of women and ethnic/religious minorities in the country they run.

You go Raheem, you tell your club owners what you think of your marvellous owners and the fascist misogynist regime they enforce!

As you say sound bites(Hot air).

Sterling is a hypocrite. As long as it isn't affecting his dough, he's self entitled to be offended but when it comes to the Arabs that pay his £16m a year and their culture of ingrained misogyny and human right abuses he's a mosque mouse. Btw Joshua saying blacks should only shop in black owned shops, wtf is he on about? This is a guy who's made tens of millions from his white fanboys on Sky Box Office. Pulls up in his Bentley and suddenly he's Malcolm X with his homeys. Okay mate. You have the credibility of Wolfie Smith but carry on.

Unknown user
6 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Very fine people on both sides m8.

:whistling:

Hey, my grandad was in the german army!

Funnily enough I actually found out recently he was a prick. He was a PoW at Hopetoun House where he met and married my granny. They settled down, had a couple of kids, but then he won the pools in a syndicate with people from his work. Apparently he took the lot and emigrated to Canada!

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Funnily enough I actually found out recently he was a prick. He was a PoW at Hopetoun House where he met and married my granny. They settled down, had a couple of kids, but then he won the pools in a syndicate with people from his work. Apparently he took the lot and emigrated to Canada!

:D That's a cracking family history you have there, Smithee. Wish mine was half as interesting.

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sounds like the joke about the man who comes home and excitedly says to his wife, I've won the lottery pack your bags, was based on your grandad! 

It's a shitty thing to do.

But still, laaaaad! 

I should probably add for balance that there were arseholes on both sides too.

Edited by fancy a brew

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D That's a cracking family history you have there, Smithee. Wish mine was half as interesting.

When my mum told me I was like "what, your dad was an arsehole?"

She was all "no no no"

Em aye aye aye!

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

When my mum told me I was like "what, your dad was an arsehole?"

She was all "no no no"

Em aye aye aye!

Sorry for taking this thread off at a tangent, but did he start another family over there? Do you have loads of cousins you don't know about?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Sorry for taking this thread off at a tangent, but did he start another family over there? Do you have loads of cousins you don't know about?

I wasn't clear, they went too. They bought a house and had a good life til he died a couple of years later and the rest came back. 

But I do have loads of family over there, his side's from Austria-ish and a few of them settled there too. Looks like I can get an Austrian passport from september by the way, yaaaassss

Just now, Smithee said:

I wasn't clear, they went too. They bought a house and had a good life til he died a couple of years later and the rest came back. 

But I do have loads of family over there, his side's from Austria-ish and a few of them settled there too. Looks like I can get an Austrian passport from september by the way, yaaaassss

Ah, got you. An EU passport - now I *am* jealous. :) I love Austria - I've done a lot of hitch-hiking through there as it was on my usual route home from Eastern Europe.

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I see, he did the dirty on the syndicate rather than your gran.

Still, laaaaad!

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

I see, he did the dirty on the syndicate rather than your gran.

Still, laaaaad!

:laugh2:

Unknown user
12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, got you. An EU passport - now I *am* jealous. :) I love Austria - I've done a lot of hitch-hiking through there as it was on my usual route home from Eastern Europe.

Never been myself! It's been a weird one, we've thought he was German, then Czech, then Slovenian and finally Austrian. Basically when he was born the austro Hungarian empire was on the go/recently ended so it makes things messy, countries came and went, borders changed frequently. Europe's an interesting place.

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Never been myself! It's been a weird one, we've thought he was German, then Czech, then Slovenian and finally Austrian. Basically when he was born the austro Hungarian empire was on the go/recently ended so it makes things messy, countries came and went, borders changed frequently. Europe's an interesting place.

It is indeed. :) Following the borders of Poland, for example, is very illuminating - it whizzed about all over the shop and even disappeared completely for a good while.

Territorial-changes-of-Poland-1635-2009-

My apologies to others for further digressing from the topic in hand. I'll stop now.

jack D and coke
6 hours ago, redjambo said:

I know that it was in the 1960s, but I just came across this and had no idea that there was even a boycott of the buses in Bristol due to the fact that there was a de facto ban on ethnic minorities working on the buses there. It's the sort of thing you normally associate with the States.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23795655

Heard about the guy behind the boycott today as well as a lot of Edward Colston. 
Really interesting and like you say sounded like something from America’s Deep South. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
12 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor, text that says "Remember when our Grandpa's were all antifa? Make grandpa proud. Be anti-fascist. Lest We Forget June 6th, 1944 Omaha, Gold, Juneau, Sword, Utah"

Odd to choose a picture from the USA armed forces who at the time were segregated. Something the British were not and have not been since 1833..

12 minutes ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Odd to choose a picture from the USA armed forces who at the time were segregated. Something the British were not and have not been since 1833..

Having a look around about this, I found the following article: https://theconversation.com/black-troops-were-welcome-in-britain-but-jim-crow-wasnt-the-race-riot-of-one-night-in-june-1943-98120 about black GI's based in England during the war who rioted against their white military police.

One interesting snippet from the article: "The town did not share the US Army’s segregationist attitudes. According to the author Anthony Burgess, who spent time in Bamber Bridge during the war, when US military authorities demanded that the town’s pubs impose a colour bar, the landlords responded with signs that read: “Black Troops Only”."

1 minute ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Not really odd, it's an American meme but a topical one given the way the thread had inexplicably turned, to the false comparisons between actual fascists, and anti-fascists.

Good info @redjambo, love stories from history like that.

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Not really odd, it's an American meme but a topical one given the way the thread had inexplicably turned, to the false comparisons between actual fascists, and anti-fascists.

Good info @redjambo, love stories from history like that.

What's your opinion of people who stick a gun in a pregnant woman's stomach, while his mates ransack her house? 

Good or bad? 

On 07/06/2020 at 18:31, weehammy said:

Well Tony Blair apologised for the Irish potato famine. We live in a world of virtue signalling. I don’t expect young Germans to apologise for Hitler.

I wouldn't expect young people to apologise for Hitler either, but then Germany has already apologised hundreds and hundreds of times. There's monuments and memorials everywhere for the crimes of Nazi Germany. If there hadn't been those, damn right I'd be expecting the German youth to be calling for something to be said and done. 

Unknown user
5 hours ago, redjambo said:

It is indeed. :) Following the borders of Poland, for example, is very illuminating - it whizzed about all over the shop and even disappeared completely for a good while.

Territorial-changes-of-Poland-1635-2009-

My apologies to others for further digressing from the topic in hand. I'll stop now.

Really interesting topic, I started looking into European border history but it's so ridiculously convoluted. Countries you've never heard of popping up and disappearing, dukedoms, empires, regencies.

Even somewhere like Germany, an obvious political entity, massive and powerful, only came together as a nation state in 1871 - it's only a couple of years older than Hearts!

maroonlegions

Imagine this young girl was your daughter. Now the thing is the mind of a fascist  can see no wrong in this picture, diddly squat, feck all .

Fascists  tend to be devoid of human empathy.

Fascists are not borne they are made and taught.

We need education of the past  for children to reinforce the reality that fascism in any form is 100% wrong and should be treated with 100% zero tolerance.

103986891_1493194737520298_1760085336199630401_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Imagine this young girl was your daughter. Now the thing is the mind of a fascist  can see no wrong in this picture, diddly squat, feck all .

Fascists  tend to be devoid of human empathy.

Fascists are not borne they are made and taught.

We need education of the past  for children to reinforce the reality that fascism in any form is 100% wrong and should be treated with 100% zero tolerance.

103986891_1493194737520298_1760085336199630401_n.jpg

At last, a post I completely agree with you on.

maroonlegions

On the theme of re education on the topic of slavery , is it just a case of not  giving those with racist undertones in their thinking or sayings, passes because of their ignorance.

Just because we were not borne in the times of slavery , its still no excuse to ignore its legacy. They should never get a pass for their ignorance. A lot of wealth came into the UK based on wealth made out of slavery.

Glad that this has now surfaced and Labour controlled councils  are now  reviewing  their statues  for  their historical links to slavery.

maroonlegions
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

At last, a post I completely agree with you on.

Thank feck for that.. 👌

Sorry for that BLM thread, i just got too angry as i hate fascists , and i know you aint one.

7 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Thank feck for that.. 👌

Sorry for that BLM thread, i just got too angry as i hate fascists , and i know you aint one.

Top man👍 

We both hate facists, fascists of the right and the left, now away and listen to some Killong Joke, it's Hosannas From the Basements of Hell for me😎

maroonlegions
14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Top man👍 

We both hate facists, fascists of the right and the left, now away and listen to some Killong Joke, it's Hosannas From the Basements of Hell for me😎

Cheers.

Been  listening  to Pylon, what a album that is.

maroonlegions

Here's a statue !!

This in #Varberg, #Sweden commemorates the day of 13 April 85 when local housewife Danuta Danielsson whopped Neo Nazi Seppo Seluska with her handbag. She became a local hero.

103947678_2989561784470670_4762147678352704585_n.jpg

On 07/06/2020 at 22:50, redjambo said:

How about a different angle on this?

People hate it when they see other communities doing better than their own financially. That was what caused anti-semitism - the fact that the wandering race were very sharp businessmen - moneylenders later bankers, goldsmiths later jewellers, even the simple shopkeepers...They supported each other's businesses, which annoyed those who could get no access to patronage and cheap loans. A big mistake was the idea in their religion that they were "God's chosen people" which annoyed the religious extremists who saw them instead as the ones who crucifed Christ, as well as the fascists who claimed that they instead were the Master Race...

Sorry to say it but BLM's dissatisfaction with their lot is no different from the poor whites of 1920s and 30s Germany who thronged to Hitler's distorted World view...

No I am not calling black people fascists (before some idiot misinterprets me), I am merely comparing their dissatisfaction with that of the post-crash German people who fell under the Fascist spell...If instigators start telling them that statues are bad, and they believe it, then what difference from the Germans who were encouraged to burn books in the 30s?...Is the looting of 5th Ave uber-Capitalist boutiques for designer clobber by the criminal element who attached themselves to BLM much different from Kristalnacht where the SA smashed up Jewish owned shops?

Personally I don't see any particular difference between the extreme left and the extreme right - they are all loons.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

How about a different angle on this?

People hate it when they see other communities doing better than their own financially. That was what caused anti-semitism - the fact that the wandering race were very sharp businessmen - moneylenders later bankers, goldsmiths later jewellers, even the simple shopkeepers...They supported each other's businesses, which annoyed those who could get no access to patronage and cheap loans. A big mistake was the idea in their religion that they were "God's chosen people" which annoyed the religious extremists who saw them instead as the ones who crucifed Christ, as well as the fascists who claimed that they instead were the Master Race...

Sorry to say it but BLM's dissatisfaction with their lot is no different from the poor whites of 1920s and 30s Germany who thronged to Hitler's distorted World view...

No I am not calling black people fascists (before some idiot misinterprets me), I am merely comparing their dissatisfaction with that of the post-crash German people who fell under the Fascist spell...If instigators start telling them that statues are bad, and they believe it, then what difference from the Germans who were encouraged to burn books in the 30s?...Is the looting of 5th Ave uber-Capitalist boutiques for designer clobber by the criminal element who attached themselves to BLM much different from Kristalnacht where the SA smashed up Jewish owned shops?

Personally I don't see any particular difference between the extreme left and the extreme right - they are all loons.

Racism should never be politicised, for it gives those with racist undertones a get out policy.

They hide behind the political arguments and justifications of racism towards others or groups. Hitler did the exact same  pre Nazi Germany  and we all know how that ended. Racism is racism regardless of left or right or another man"s peace and another man"s fight. 

Boris Johnson has politicised racist attitudes in Britain, this is the man who  called black people piccaninnies with watermelon smiles and is now giving a lecture on how to defeat racism    and discrimination . He will be giving marriage guidance advice next.       

Edited by maroonlegions

13 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Racism should never be politicised, for it gives those with racist undertones a get out policy.

They hide behind the political arguments and justifications of racism towards others or groups. Hitler did the exact same  pre Nazi Germany  and we all know how that ended. Racism is racism regardless of left or right or another man"s peace and another man"s fight. 

Boris Johnson has politicised racist attitudes in Britain, this is the man who  called black people piccaninnies with watermelon smiles and is now giving a lecture on how to defeat racism    and discrimination . He will be giving marriage guidance advice next.       

True, but I think racism is on the wane in the UK despite what the media and people on here tend to say...Look at Sir Philip Green for instance, many people hate the guy for his business methods, and the manner in which he didn't just take millions out of businesses but billions... but I've never seen anything anti-semitic written about him. Goebbels would never have passed up that opportunity! 

You hear racism at the football. When I used to sit in section P there was a mustachio'd guy who used to abuse Kingson racially. He also gave dogs abuse to Mikoliunas to be fair, but not anything racist. Racism can just be a cheap shot, the low hanging fruit for the cerebrally challenged when it comes to dishing out abuse/airing frustrations...

The problem politicians have is that the easy win is to be populist nationalist...Putin showed this and Trump and Boris jumped on that bandwagon. The Italians also went that way but they tend to veer from extreme left to extreme right, back and forth, but never actually get anywhere. France has always threatened to go that way but their system is designed so they can opt out of it at the last round of voting. Germany's sytem is set up to pretty much always need an alliance so that the extremes cannot get all the power again.