Iconic Film Scenes

colinmaroon

colinmaroon

I was watching the film, the Heat, with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino and there is a scene where the cop, Pacino, sits down with leader of the heist team, de Niro, and they have discussion over a cup of coffee. (It's about 1hr 50 mins into Film 4 viewing).

No "action".  All they do is talk but the whole scene is charged with a kind of "electric" power.  The dialogue, the facial expressions, it is brilliant.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• ri Alban

• Cade

• luckyBatistuta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i'm sure that was the first time both de niro and pacino had been in the same scene together

i would add willem dafoe as sergeant elias in platoon, specifically his death scene. the music, imagery and meaning to charlie sheens character make it a really powerful scene

Der Kaiser
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I was watching the film, the Heat, with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino and there is a scene where the cop, Pacino, sits down with leader of the heist team, de Niro, and they have discussion over a cup of coffee. (It's about 1hr 50 mins into Film 4 viewing).

No "action".  All they do is talk but the whole scene is charged with a kind of "electric" power.  The dialogue, the facial expressions, it is brilliant.

As good as that scene is.....the bank robbery scene from start to finish....wow....thats the scene for me in Heat.

This, to me is just genius. When I saw it for the first time it blew me away. You know you've seen this kind of carnage every which way, slow mo, set to music, blood and guts everywhere but this! Just wow. Paul Newman didn't do crap death scenes, This, Butch & Sundance, Cool Hand Luke

Edited by Jamhammer

JudyJudyJudy

I love this scene in " The Third Man" when Harry Lime  ( Orson Welles ) explains the difference between Italy and Switzerland.  The ending of the film is also a classic scene when Aliida Valli walks through the pathway in the park and one hears the famous Harry Lime theme.  

jack D and coke

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bdd438ab11a6588a1dd

I have to say Arnie is probably my favourite Hollywood actor of all time tbh. 
Absolutely loved his movies. 
The original Terminator movie along with Predator and Total Recall being his best. I’ve watched them all literally hundreds of times. 

An acting masterclass by Hoskins.

No dialogue.

He just replayed the script in his head and let the emotions play across his face.

Any scene from 12 Angry Men, especially the knife in the table scene. Henry Fonda is class in this. What a cast. 

Edited by ri Alban

Like a painting brought to life.

This film is very under-rated and should be regarded one of cinema's all-time greats.

Using tens of thousands of Ukrainian army reserves as extras added to the authenticity of the armies.

No CGI baws back then.

Madjambo21
3 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This, to me is just genius. When I saw it for the first time it blew me away. You know you've seen this kind of carnage every which way, slow mo, set to music, blood and guts everywhere but this! Just wow. Paul Newman didn't do crap death scenes, This, Butch & Sundance, Cool Hand Luke

Was lucky enough to meet Paul Newman when I was a kid.

Absolute legend of a man and the charity work he has done is fantastic.

#holeinthewallgang

Lee_Mellon
7 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Ah, the Odessa Steps - haven’t seen that since Film Appreciation at Boroughmuir in 1971. Made a deep impression on me at the time and definitely fits the iconic criteria!

Knowing. It might not have been the best film ever, but the plane crash scene was one of the best, most intense scenes I’ve ever watched.

Edited by iantjambo

I P Knightley
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Any scene from 12 Angry Men, especially the knife in the table scene. Henry Fonda is class in this. What a cast. 

I'm going to have to go away and think again because you've said this. I'd pick the scene where Juror #3, Lee J Cobb, finally breaks down. Such a powerful movie.

Someone else has gone for "I am Maximus Decimus Aurelius..." which would be in my top five.

Off the top of my head, I'm stuck with:

* The Childcatcher peering through the toymaker's window in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

* "Putting on the Ritz" in Young Frankenstein

* Reciting Ezekiel in Pulp Fiction

37 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm going to have to go away and think again because you've said this. I'd pick the scene where Juror #3, Lee J Cobb, finally breaks down. Such a powerful movie.

Someone else has gone for "I am Maximus Decimus Aurelius..." which would be in my top five.

Off the top of my head, I'm stuck with:

* The Childcatcher peering through the toymaker's window in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

* "Putting on the Ritz" in Young Frankenstein

* Reciting Ezekiel in Pulp Fiction

I'm I allowed the  Wallace speech? 

Attica! 

Jaws Head scene

Jaws singing scene

Jaws That's one bad hat Harry

Show me the money!!! 

Deerhunter Russian roulette 

Pulp fiction Dance and watch scenes

Liar Liar I've had better! 🤣

Close Encounters first contact scene 

Avengers 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trading Places.......Jamie Lee Curtis......Tits......

Haha :biglaugh:

That was definitely on my list, along with Erika Eleniak coming out of the birthday cake in that Steven Siegal one.

I P Knightley
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Attica! 

Marsellus Wallace, or Mel Gibson?

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Haha :biglaugh:

That was definitely on my list, along with Erika Eleniak coming out of the birthday cake in that Steven Siegal one.

I was going to post the clip but I suspect a ban would ensue !

JudyJudyJudy

Im a bit of an old film buff. Tend to like the old black and white films. Although not adverse to modern films as long as they are well made and acted.  This is one of my favourite scenes from " A  streetcar named Desire".  It cannot be underestimated how revolutionary Brando was in his acting style. His method type of acting changed the  game and paved the way for Pacino , Deniro etc.  Brando fairly sizzles in this scene ozzeing mascilinity and sexual tension as Stanly Kowalski ..Vivien Leigh holds her own as Blanche Dubois..Great to see their different acting styles working incredibly well. Brando was the only one from the main cast not to win the Oscar ( Leigh , Karl Malden and Kim Hunter ) all did. Brando was up against Bogart who won for " The African Queen" .  He was the sentimental favourite so won it.

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

One of my favourite films.  Hanks was terrific in this and such a departure from his usual roles.  Jude Law was creepy as hell in it too.  Some great dialogue too. 

28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I suspect you have the whole speach as a tattoo?!

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I suspect you have the whole speach as a tattoo?!

Nope, but my Derry made best man has. 

highlandjambo3

John Wayne... true grit..... taking them Raines in his mouth and charging the bad guys......epic

18 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

MBgfIlxZMFOWAJ9bK5_2d8nO2oQP2dN7UMUil9mC

How do you post gifs without the link appearing. Must be something I'm doing wrong. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

How do you post gifs without the link appearing. Must be something I'm doing wrong. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11625919