Wednesday Trivia

Locky

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/50-hearts-quiz-questions-test-18352166

Test your Hearts knowledge here. 50 multiple choice questions, I got 31. There's a Hibs one that was up first and I done yesterday to pass the time. Got 25 which I'm ashamed that I didn't score much lower than my score on the Hearts one, but if you compare the 2, I honestly think the Hibs one was much easier.

So many questions on the Hearts one, I narrowed down to 2 potential answers, then after much deliberating, picked the wrong one.

Randy Marsh

31. You must get over 25/50 correct to be considered a PHM. 

Edited by Randy Marsh

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

31. You must get over 25/50 correct to be considered a PHM. 

32 it is for phm status 😀

27. The majority of those questions happened before I was born so happy with that 

Edited by DS98

I got 20 :vrface:  Some of them were just too obscure.

5 hours ago, Locky said:

So many questions on the Hearts one, I narrowed down to 2 potential answers, then after much deliberating, picked the wrong one.

I did exactly this on about half of the ones I got wrong.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

14, and half of them were guesses.

Somebody got less than me. Well done Doug 👍

The Verminator

21 - some guesses tho and if Hibs was an option for an answer, I always clicked it when possibly should have known better!

Hate to be a pedant (and look away/spoiler alert for anyone who's not done it) but think the question on how many times we've been relegated needs an edit? I know it gets complicated because of this season but the correct answer - to my eyes - isn't there.

The stefano salvatori question is wrong.

They have answer as bologna (incorrect)

Its actually Milan

Was raging at that

13 hours ago, jamborod said:

Hate to be a pedant (and look away/spoiler alert for anyone who's not done it) but think the question on how many times we've been relegated needs an edit? I know it gets complicated because of this season but the correct answer - to my eyes - isn't there.

I said 5 and got it right? 4 times in the 'Back from the brink' era, and 2014?

EDIT: Just checked and it appears you're right, we were only relegated 3 times in that era. The question says before this season too, so the answer should be 4.

Edited by Locky

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

The stefano salvatori question is wrong.

They have answer as bologna (incorrect)

Its actually Milan

Was raging at that

I guessed Parma, I thought he had played for Bologna too but he hasn't. He defo played for Milan though, was there when they won the European Cup.

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

The gordon smith, gary glen answer also incorrect!!

Got 21, shouldve been 23 correct tho

What one was that again? Only question I remember with Gordon Smith was about who scored the first goal of the 2012 cup run. That was defo Smith though, scored the winner against Auchinleck. I think we'd punted Glen by that point.

11 minutes ago, Andy Black said:

Bobby Wallker is not the most capped Hearts player.

Suspect it was most caps as a hearts player?

8 minutes ago, Boris said:

Suspect it was most caps as a hearts player?

Even with that, Steven Pressley with 32 caps beats Bobby with 29.

Tommy Walker also deserves a mention of course. As our Hall of Fame page says: "But for the Second World War, Tommy would certainly have been Hearts most capped player." (https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/hall-of-fame).

18 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Tommy Walker also deserves a mention of course. As our Hall of Fame page says: "But for the Second World War, Tommy would certainly have been Hearts most capped player." (https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/more/club/hall-of-fame).

I never knew SP won that many playing for us. Kudos!

London_Hearts
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

If Wartime Internationals counted Tommy would have won 35 caps (and broken the Scottish Record) including 16 vs England.

https://londonhearts.com/scotlandunoff/clubs/heartofmidlothian.html#SummarybyCaps

15 hours ago, Alan_R said:

The gordon smith, gary glen answer also incorrect!!

Got 21, shouldve been 23 correct tho

The 2012 Cup one ? 

jambo-in-furness

I got 24 but I’ve got to admit 

all the ones I got wrong were guesses

Pasquale for King
On 03/06/2020 at 10:26, Locky said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/50-hearts-quiz-questions-test-18352166

Test your Hearts knowledge here. 50 multiple choice questions, I got 31. There's a Hibs one that was up first and I done yesterday to pass the time. Got 25 which I'm ashamed that I didn't score much lower than my score on the Hearts one, but if you compare the 2, I honestly think the Hibs one was much easier.

33, quite informative 👍🏽

We have only been relegated 4 time one year we finished 3rd so stayed down where not relegated this year we where kicked out 

Edited by j1964m

17 hours ago, redjambo said:

I guessed Tommy Walker. Thought it was one of the Walker's. Pressley may well have beat that, but I remember reading in older Hearts history books I had when I was younger that it was one of the Walker's.

I thought the same about Tommy Walker being denied more caps due to the war, but by the same logic, he probably was also denied more of a career elsewhere due to the war. He ended up going to Chelsea post-war at the age of 31, but without the war, he probably would've left Hearts much sooner.

Tasavallan

Willie Collum was a given.  If not Hibs then Motherwell just by length of time in same league.  It helps being an old codger.  Thankfully not too many questions after 2005.

image.thumb.png.377554c0f9cdc7bb0a2d371f767b33ec.png

London_Hearts
10 hours ago, Locky said:

I guessed Tommy Walker. Thought it was one of the Walker's. Pressley may well have beat that, but I remember reading in older Hearts history books I had when I was younger that it was one of the Walker's.

I thought the same about Tommy Walker being denied more caps due to the war, but by the same logic, he probably was also denied more of a career elsewhere due to the war. He ended up going to Chelsea post-war at the age of 31, but without the war, he probably would've left Hearts much sooner.

Hearts had already turned down a 'World Record' transfer fee offer from Arsenal for Tommy though that might have been because the offer wasn't big enough.

Based on it emerging that most of the answers given on the quiz itself were wrong, I'm raising my abysmal total of 14 to 45.