David Duff.

Harry Potter

9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Wants back to Hibs after nearly 30 years.

Ha  maybe smells more money to buy more worthless pubs in Bath. Ron should welcome him with open arms. Lol. 

manaliveits105

Get him back there - wonder if  alls not well behind the scenes with Peruvian Ron and the bitch 

Hearts reveal a multi millionaire benefactor

Hubz reveal David Duff 

lets see the hubz comic/een spin this one :ears:

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Get him back there - wonder if  alls not well behind the scenes with Peruvian Ron and the bitch 

Hearts reveal a multi millionaire benefactor

Hubz reveal David Duff 

lets see the hubz comic/een spin this one :ears:

2 pages from them, can feel the love in from them.

Remains the only owner of an Edinburgh top flight football club to have been jailed for fraud.

Something I found interesting was that in 1982 he became a partner in a law firm called Lawrence and Phelps. Duff and Phelps? 🤔

Does anyone know the history of the Duff and Phelps who were appointed as administrators of Rangers Oldco? I can’t believe that he was the Duff in their name. Just a coincidence, surely? 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12725589.hibs-former-chief-jailed-for-two-years-for-fraud/

Goes on to talk about his dealings with David Murray too.

personally I’d love him to be connected with Hibs again. A dodgier character you will be hard pushed to find.

He hasn't aged.

Thanks to Amoruso Let's it Run on Twitter for this.

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Remains the only owner of an Edinburgh top flight football club to have been jailed for fraud.

Something I found interesting was that in 1982 he became a partner in a law firm called Lawrence and Phelps. Duff and Phelps? 🤔

Does anyone know the history of the Duff and Phelps who were appointed as administrators of Rangers Oldco? I can’t believe that he was the Duff in their name. Just a coincidence, surely? 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12725589.hibs-former-chief-jailed-for-two-years-for-fraud/

Goes on to talk about his dealings with David Murray too.

personally I’d love him to be connected with Hibs again. A dodgier character you will be hard pushed to find.

Coincidence. Duff and Phelps are the UK subsidiary of a US accountancy firm of the same name.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Coincidence. Duff and Phelps are the UK subsidiary of a US accountancy firm of the same name.

That was created be William Duff & George Phelps in 1932.

23 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Cheers. I supposed it had to be. Just a rather amusing coincidence then, what with the two Duff and Phelps characters’ behaviour during the Rangers administration process. :lol:

The Natural Order

I'd love him to be involved with Hibs again. Wallace Mercer, God rest the great mans soul, isn't around to save them this time.

Harry Potter
39 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Still, more chance of him returning to Easter Road than Franck Sauzee.

:thumbsup:, very good.

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The guy who nearly ended them?

Maybe he will finish the job this time, without a Hearts owner’s intervention saving them. 

Mercer, the man who saved both Hearts and Hibs.  

Great if he was brought back, folded them, when all the Time hibs fans were jerking away thinking about our predicament.😂

Now that’s what I call a hibsing.

well, I’m allowed to dream eh?

32 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Mercer, the man who saved both Hearts and Hibs.  

Shame he's not around to save us again.

Maybe he has “unfinished business” with/at Hibs?

Maybe he feels the job he started there never reached its proper conclusion?

Hope he goes there and finishes the job.

Welcome back David. Hopefully you can convince the vermin to 🐴⬆️

Ricardo Shillyshally

Duff was just a puppet. 

What I want to know more about is David Rowland. IIRC this all came about due to him, yet Wallace gets tarred as the bogey man. 

Making out he is some kind of saviour for not selling his shares. Type of guy that is good spending other peoples money.

CostaJambo
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He hasn't aged.

Thanks to Amoruso Let's it Run on Twitter for this.

1:23 - check out the state of his driver! WTF? Joe Exotic's British cousin.

Stuart Lyon

I'm sure I read that one judge said he was in the top ten of the biggest liars that had appeared before him!

5 hours ago, Deevers said:

Ha  maybe smells more money to buy more worthless pubs in Bath. Ron should welcome him with open arms. Lol. 

I'll have you know the pubs in Bath are fairly good. Well most of them 😉

You have no idea how good it was to see them running around with DUFF as their sponsor on those  sewer Rags they call shirts, or is that my memory playing tricks on me. I know he wanted it but did they play with that name emblazoned on their shirts

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I'm sure I read that one judge said he was in the top ten of the biggest liars that had appeared before him!

Apparently they left no debts behind at all according to the Dingles, more front than Blackpool that lot, my cousin almost went out of business because of those scumbags, but they left no debt behind and everyone was paid by STF.....aye right! 

They would have died naturally had Mercer not gotten involved with them, Rowland was bleeding them dry for Avon Hotels, shame Mercer intervened really. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

gorgie rd eh11
23 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Apparently they left no debts behind at all according to the Dingles, more front than Blackpool that lot, my cousin almost went out of business because of those scumbags, but they left no debt behind and everyone was paid by STF.....aye right! 

They would have died naturally had Mercer not gotten involved with them, Rowland was bleeding them dry for Avon Hotels, shame Mercer intervened really. 

Aye there's total denial about that glorious piece of "hibs class". ******* hypocrites.

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Is he coming back to pay all the debts they left behind?

Maybe the others could, too.  They have a history of bumping off debt. 

3fingersreid

Jim McLean, the former Dundee United manager and chairman, played a role in helping Hibernian stave off a takeover attempt by Edinburgh rivals Hearts in the early 1990s. (Scotsman )

another reason to dislike that wee ******* even more 😡😡😡

David Black
20 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

He could get Leeeeeanne  a cheap room at Avon Inns 

I think she must be there now. Never heard from her in weeks.

Get Duff back at the San Giro. Absolutely wonderful banter. What a ****ing riddy.

Isn't he the guy that went to Rowlands and said run out of dosh can you broker a deal for Hearts to take over Hibs, but pretend it's a merger?

WorldChampions1902

Thirty years ago, this letter from Mr. Mercer was dropping through Vermin letterboxes. I loved the 4th comment on page 2 referencing their proposal to move to Meadowbank!

6852D229-3FC1-479D-8E08-6B70C817812E.jpeg

928A9AD4-7732-4C26-80E3-E54E8B05B9D5.jpeg

On 03/06/2020 at 16:13, skwif1 said:

You have no idea how good it was to see them running around with DUFF as their sponsor on those  sewer Rags they call shirts, or is that my memory playing tricks on me. I know he wanted it but did they play with that name emblazoned on their shirts

Duff hibs

Has a nice ring to it :laugh:

Guest ToqueJambo

Love how they gloss over his 100% crook credentials. Has any other club had a chairman who actually ended up in jail?

Tasavallan

Duff was in my year at Trinity but I had no dealings with him time as he was a Hibby.  Last I heard he was staying on HMP for swindling old ladies in Swindon.  

Still lauded by the vermin for not selling out to the Wallet. It would appear that he liked Hibs over a fast buck.

Shanks said no
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Love how they gloss over his 100% crook credentials. Has any other club had a chairman who actually ended up in jail?

Owen Oyston of Blackpool

Birmingham City owner Carson Yeung jailed in Hong Kong for money laundering.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Duff was the architect with his brother-in-law of losing Hibs millions, making Roland & Mrs Roland millions and nearly bankrupting Hibs before Tom Farmer rode to the rescue.

23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did Dave King at Rangers not have the option of jail or paying a very large fine. He paid the fine.