Lewis Moore

Selkirkhmfc1874

vlad on the tyne
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

There's no way of knowing, you don't need to be messi to consistently make good choices, play to your strengths and become an effective, valued player. Look at Dr Funk, he's never been the most silky, or the best passer, he's not particularly fast or great in the tackle, but he was effective as hell for us. 

Just don't see too much in Moore other than running yet. I get your point though. 

letsalldothebeattie

Improved a lot under Stendel and for that deserves to stick around. Can confidently say he wouldn’t be kept on if Levein was still manager. Hopefully continues to kick in next season could become a top player if he can get a full season of games with us

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/key-riccarton-talks-which-sparked-lewis-moores-hearts-revival-2873524

It's just some quotes from Kirk mostly, fair outcome getting a 2 year deal.

Hearts reserve coach Andy Kirk sat in a Riccarton office back in December talking Daniel Stendel through the club’s playing squad. The German needed to familiarise himself with his new charges and Kirk was enlisted to help.

They discussed each player individually, including those out on loan. Lewis Moore’s name intrigued the new manager once Kirk explained the winger’s energetic approach and attacking ability.

Moore was on loan at Falkirk at the time but, unknown to him, the seeds of his renaissance back at Hearts were being sown ahead of his return in January. The revival was confirmed when he signed a new two-year contract this week.

His performances under Stendel between January and March earned the player a new deal and an extra birthday present just as he turns 22 today. He went from peripheral figure to first-team regular inside three months before coronavirus stopped football.

“Obviously Daniel didn’t know the players when he arrived, so he was getting to know them every day. We had loads of conversations and I was able to give my opinion on the players out on loan,” recalled Kirk.

“I told him Lewis was out at Falkirk and that he would come back in January. Daniel was keen to have a look at him in training. I had a couple of conversations just before he came back.

“I said to him: ‘This is an opportunity for you but you’ve got to impress.’ All credit to him, he came back in good condition.

“He had a tough time at Falkirk because he wasn’t playing and had some personal situations which were very difficult for him. But he showed his resilience, came back, got his head down and trained really hard.

“I wasn’t surprised he caught the manager’s eye. As I said, I knew he had the ability so it was just about getting the opportunity. He showed that ability in training and Daniel gave him a chance in the team. He never let us down.

“I’m delighted he got this new contract because he thoroughly deserves it for the work he has put in.”

Riccarton coaching staff knew Moore’s time had to come soon given his previous contract was expiring at the end of May. Whilst they recognised his potential, he hadn’t managed to impose himself at first-team level under Craig Levein.

Stendel’s arrival proved a key turning point. “We’ve always rated Lewis really highly. Youngsters go on loan to experience first-team football and sometimes that goes well, other times it doesn’t,” said Kirk.

“From where he was, on loan at Falkirk and not really playing, to come back and put in the level of performance he did is a credit to him.

“I had a lot of time with Lewis in the reserves over the years and I’ve seen him developing through working every day with him. I had no doubt he could play in the first team.

“Sometimes it’s just getting that break, getting a few games and getting belief in yourself to say, ‘I can play at this level.’ That was the case with Lewis.

“Getting into the team at the right time and fitting into the system is important, so timing can be key. You also need a wee bit of luck as well.”

Stendel used Moore regularly up until matches stopped on March 13. There is uncertainty over whether the manager will return to Edinburgh following Hearts’ relegation, but such doubts do not exist where Moore is concerned.

“You know Lewis will give you 100 per cent – tracking back, tucking in, all the ugly stuff. That is all part of his game so, from a coach’s point of view, you never have to worry about him giving you that work rate,” said Kirk

“He also has great ability and he’s very flexible. He is quick, has good movement, he can dribble with the ball, link up play and keep possession. He has a lot of attributes.

“He is versatile, although he’ll be the first to tell you he’s not a full-back. He can play on both wings or in a No.10 position but wherever you play him he gives you 100 per cent commitment.”

David McCaig
On 03/06/2020 at 11:09, Coco said:

There are going to be an enormous number of players available to us.  The club have no Director of Football and no management team contracted bar Kirk and Fox.  Yet contracts for players are being offered?

What if the next manager doesn't fancy Moore?  They are stuck with him for 2 years and to be honest even the most dreamy can't say there is any sell on value.  At nearly 22 he has no goals and one or two assists?

And for the first half of last season he couldn’t get a game at Falkirk in League One.

David McCaig
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

There's no way of knowing, you don't need to be messi to consistently make good choices, play to your strengths and become an effective, valued player. Look at Dr Funk, he's never been the most silky, or the best passer, he's not particularly fast or great in the tackle, but he was effective as hell for us. 

Dr Funk is built like a brick shithouse, Lewis Moore looks like a Victorian street urchin.

Haringshairband
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

And for the first half of last season he couldn’t get a game at Falkirk in League One.

Falkirk were trying to play him as a wing back. Did his dad not die too. There were circumstances that led to him losing focus.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Dr Funk is built like a brick shithouse, Lewis Moore looks like a Victorian street urchin.

Plenty of small players have made it, but that's not really my point, you don't have to be the best to make it. I like him.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not last time I watched him. He did when he broke through initially. Looked a different player entirely under Stendel, physically and the way he played. Looks beefier than Naismith here.

unnamed.jpg

2 hours ago, kila said:

Laddie looks like he's bulked up a bit too, which is encouraging!

Its looking like he's grabbed the opportunity Stendel has given him with both hands. 

Fair play to him. I'm really pleased, the tough year he's had makes him kicking on really amazing to see. 

Grabbing assists against Hibs and Rangers should really give him confidence. Those are big games, if he can do it there he can do it against the poorer teams next season (irrespective of what league we're in). Will be a good season for him I think :) 

2 hours ago, kila said:

That looks the dugs nuts....

the new strip, of course.   ::troll::