Lewis Moore

Selkirkhmfc1874

Captain Sausage

He’s a good *****. 

Slated him earlier in the season, but happy with the improvement he’s shown over the course of the 75% of the last season completed. 

Hope he continues to improve. 

Who makes the decision to resign him? If it's Daniel I hope this means he will still be in charge next season.

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Going to be a big season for him. Like the lad, shows plenty of attitude.

Yup I like him too.

He really needs to learn to effect games more offensively. A lot of his work is industry and he needs to protect the ball better and also cause more trouble to defenders.

Not a criticism, came in and showed huge character when others you'd expect that from had failed miserably to do so.

Deserves his contract.

Time for the young guys to step up.

Moore, henderson, irving, macdonald, Cochrane, morrison ...the next season (whenever that may be) is going to be crucial for all of them.

All shown glimpses but big question marks. They are all kicking on 20yrs+ soon (harrys youngest i think? 19)

I’ve always felt he had something but again he’s another with the unsure tag, imo.

He’s 22 tomorrow and needs to start being properly consistent when we get back playing.  We can’t wait till these lads are 24,25 until they become a solid, dependable player. It’s part of why we can’t build a strong side when we are trying to nurse lads that are never going to blossom.  

You look over history and we had players running the show at that age in the past. 

In flashes I think Moore shows quality, on form he’s a player I enjoy watching but it needs to be more often. 

41 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Time for the young guys to step up.

Moore, henderson, irving, macdonald, Cochrane, morrison ...the next season (whenever that may be) is going to be crucial for all of them.

All shown glimpses but big question marks. They are all kicking on 20yrs+ soon (harrys youngest i think? 19)

Also crucial for the Club.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Stanley_ said:

I think that leaves only Brandon and Henderson out of contract?

Correct, and reports are both in contract negotiations. 

He's got the right attitude.  His selfless running was key in some of our few happy moments under Stendel.  We've had plenty of players with talent but terrible attitude, for that reason I'm happy with this!

Kidd’s Boots

Delighted for the lad, he has really worked selflessly for the team under DS. I feel that there is a lot more to come from him and really like the partnership he had developed with Hickey before lock down.

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

He's got the right attitude.  His selfless running was key in some of our few happy moments under Stendel.  We've had plenty of players with talent but terrible attitude, for that reason I'm happy with this!

This.  

Delighted with this news. He's been really effective at times - think he has loads of ability and was always one to keep in my book.

There are going to be an enormous number of players available to us.  The club have no Director of Football and no management team contracted bar Kirk and Fox.  Yet contracts for players are being offered?

What if the next manager doesn't fancy Moore?  They are stuck with him for 2 years and to be honest even the most dreamy can't say there is any sell on value.  At nearly 22 he has no goals and one or two assists?

7 minutes ago, Coco said:

There are going to be an enormous number of players available to us.  The club have no Director of Football and no management team contracted bar Kirk and Fox.  Yet contracts for players are being offered?

What if the next manager doesn't fancy Moore?  They are stuck with him for 2 years and to be honest even the most dreamy can't say there is any sell on value.  At nearly 22 he has no goals and one or two assists?

Plus we already have 24 players under contract with first team experience. After all the mistakes of the past few years, why are these decisions not under scrutiny?

Edited by Flimsy

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, Coco said:

The 3 assists he has were against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs. I'll settle for that as a start.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

The 3 assists he has were against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs. I'll settle for that as a start.

Was going to say similar. Under Stendel he's really came onto a game. Why that is, I'm not sure. Regardless, happy with the extension, I'm doubtful he'll ever go for megabucks, but if he can grow into a solid topflight winger then happy days. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

When was the assist against Celtic and it was really the dummy of Boyce that made the goal for Bozanic.

Edited by David McCaig

From what I’ve seen I don’t think he’s good enough. Happy to be proved wrong 

Will maybe find his level if we do end up in the championship.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Delighted with this news. He's been really effective at times - think he has loads of ability and was always one to keep in my book.

This, well done Lewis.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

When was the assist against Celtic and it was really the dummy of Boyce that made the goal for Bozanic.

No idea about the Celtic one but he mentioned it when interviewed after setting up the goal against Rangers.

He was being self deprecating about lack of assists but said it was nice to get them against both of the Old Firm.

1 hour ago, Flimsy said:

Plus we already have 24 players under contract with first team experience. After all the mistakes of the past few years, why are these decisions not under scrutiny?

There were quotes from Ann Budge about protecting the value of young players.  Who is advising that Moore is going to be a player in demand?  And that he should be given a 2 year contract?

Famous 1874
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Lafferty screamer. 

David McCaig
15 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Lafferty screamer. 

Great finish by Lafferty and Moore does well too.  End of season game back in May 2018.

Pasquale for King

If he can keep improving we might have a player, if we do have to play down below he might well prosper even more.

Diadora Van Basten

We haven’t got a great deal of wide midfielders so good to hear he has signed on.

I think the best I can compliment him is when he went off v Hibs away we looked a much poorer team.

The Mercer Takeover

Should never have been even close to the first team, however there is a player on there somewhere

Hopefully he continues to improve.

9 hours ago, superjack said:

Who makes the decision to resign him? If it's Daniel I hope this means he will still be in charge next season.

CL just as he was going out the door. But hey I think Lewis is decent young player who may continue to develop his potential. 

vlad on the tyne

Moore has good work ethic but he's no better than David Smith who ended up in the lower leagues. Hopefully I'm proved wrong. 

I like Moore. Thought he had a hard time under Levein and only really got thrown into the games against the Old Firm in Glasgow where the tactics were to avoid conceding, where as Stendel is utilising his pace and awareness to cause other teams bother. And against Rangers at Tynecastle he was brilliant.

Big chance for the lad, a year in the championship to really step forward before hitting the premier league again. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kila said:

I like Moore. Thought he had a hard time under Levein and only really got thrown into the games against the Old Firm in Glasgow where the tactics were to avoid conceding, where as Stendel is utilising his pace and awareness to cause other teams bother. And against Rangers at Tynecastle he was brilliant.

Stendel used him very well and it looked like he had bulked up a fair bit and gained some confidence compared to his initial appearances.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Stendel used him very well and it looked like he had bulked up a fair bit and gained some confidence compared to his initial appearances.

Losing his dad last summer really shook him but since he came back to Hearts after his loan he's looked a lot tougher both physically and mentally (getting really stuck in, not shying away).

His interview back in March for those who haven't read it:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/i-lost-my-dad-and-was-worst-time-my-life-lewis-moore-opens-hearts-rejuvenation-and-nearly-quitting-game-2445560

55 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Moore has good work ethic but he's no better than David Smith who ended up in the lower leagues. Hopefully I'm proved wrong. 

This.

He bulked up and did well. Good player and delighted we have him for next season at the least .

we need players like him.  Not kittens with egos

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Moore as of now has also ended up in the lower leagues. He could be useful. I can remember quite a few good things Moore did in his last few games and he didn't look out of place. Aside from one goal in a defeat vs Hibs I can't remember a single thing David Smith did. 

Unknown user
5 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

There's no way of knowing, you don't need to be messi to consistently make good choices, play to your strengths and become an effective, valued player. Look at Dr Funk, he's never been the most silky, or the best passer, he's not particularly fast or great in the tackle, but he was effective as hell for us. 

20 hours ago, superjack said:

Who makes the decision to re-sign him? If it's Daniel I hope this means he will still be in charge next season.

Daniel probably made a few recommendations and this is one of them -  a well deserved extension in my view.

Was sad to see that Toby Sibbick is about to leave which suggests that Daniel is unlikely to be with us next season. Can only hope that Peter Haring will recover his health and form.

Edited by JohnB

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Daniel probably made a few recommendations and this is one of them -  a well deserved extension in my view.

Was sad to see that Toby Sibbick is about to leave which suggests that Daniel is unlikely to be with us next season. Can only hope that Peter Haring will recover his health and form.

Not following your logic there, Sibbick's got another 3 years at Barnsley after this loan, I don't see it being a sign of anything.