Wes Foderingham

ollie2004

heartsfc_fan

Will want more than we can afford.

How about Mark Gillespie? Motherwell no2 keeper out of contract.

Super_Hans

He'll be off to the English Championship I'd imagine.

A new keeper is essential though. Hladky would be my choice. If only to piss off St Mirren.

Super_Hans
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He's there No.1 but the sort of keeper we should be looking at.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Think he worked his way into the number one slot at Motherwell this season. Excellent keeper but I would imagine clubs that can pay alot more than us might be interested. 

Would welcome Mark Gillespie way before that tribute act reject.. 

Gillespie would do a job, safe hands.. 

FTh & gFA

kingantti1874

I’d take Craig Gordon for #1 with Jamie Macdonald / Harry Stone as back up.

craig doesn’t need the money.. he will come back.

Decent keeper. Couldn't afford his left leg. 

It's about time our fans realised that next season we'll be playing with mostly youths and players that stayed. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I think that will be likely. 

heartsfc_fan
13 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

He's there No.1 but the sort of keeper we should be looking at.

13 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think he worked his way into the number one slot at Motherwell this season. Excellent keeper but I would imagine clubs that can pay alot more than us might be interested. 

Yes he indeed did work his way to No1 slot. More the reason to look at him.

Infant Motherwell didn't renew Hartley (their captain) or Tait who are both soild defenders. Could do worse than taking them on.

Captain Price
8 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Yes he indeed did work his way to No1 slot. More the reason to look at him.

Infant Motherwell didn't renew Hartley (their captain) or Tait who are both soild defenders. Could do worse than taking them on.

Good shout with Tait. Always looked decent enough. 

Edit: Googled and he’s 30. Maybe too old. 

And big Wes is pretty shite. 

Edited by Captain Price

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Captain Price said:

Good shout with Tait. Always looked decent enough. 

Right back. Good replacement for Smith if he goes.

Bazzas right boot

If in the top league and affordable, 100%.

Mentioned this last summer. 

Massive upgrade and decent imo. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If in the top league and affordable, 100%.

Mentioned this last summer. 

Massive upgrade and decent imo. 

The type “up grade” we should be looking for. He’d walk straight in as number 1 and would be 3 levels above what we had. 

10 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Rather we went for Gordon, Mcdonald or  Jon Mcglaughlin

Yea, cos apparently you have to have played with us before to be any good, St Mirren keeper for me.

St Mirren keeper decent I would go with this how long has he got on his contract could cost a bit especially from St Mirren as they wouldn't want to sell to us 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The type “up grade” we should be looking for. He’d walk straight in as number 1 and would be 3 levels above what we had. 

Yeah, u sure how anyway can argue that tbh.

Maybe a possibility if in the top league, but no chance in the championship. 

Likleyhood is he'll get £10k plus from a championship side tho. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Sergio said:

St Mirren keeper decent I would go with this how long has he got on his contract could cost a bit especially from St Mirren as they wouldn't want to sell to us 

Hes out of contract

44 minutes ago, Section Q said:

He's not a very good keeper imo.

Yeah, I don't really rate him. Rangers could have got a lot better for the money they were paying him no doubt. 

Keepers like Gordon and Hldeky (sp?, lad at St Mirren), are also on frees and what cost a fraction of what he'd want. 

kingantti1874

1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

Is Antti Niemi still playing ? Or even Henry ? 

was his 48th birthday the other day.. and I’d still take him above any of our current keepers with zero hesitation 

Batistuta87

17 minutes ago, ericb said:

Yea, cos apparently you have to have played with us before to be any good, St Mirren keeper for me.

This.

The constant wishing for Gordon in particular to come back really puzzles me. He'll be nearly 40 by the time we get to the end of next season and was made of glass in his 20s. Can only imagine what he's like now. We'd get a couple of games out of him then he'd be out with a broken arm or a broken ankle then we'd be stuck paying his wages until he ultimately retires. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Foderingham would be a great signing and would walk into our No.1 spot, but his wages at Rangers must be astronomical compared to what we're going to be able to pay anyone next season. 

Hladky for me too. He's an excellent keeper and his wages won't be ridiculous. Likely to be a lot of competition for him though, considering he's had a couple of very solid seasons with St Mirren. Rangers were supposed to be after him but haven't heard any more about that for a couple of weeks. 

Mark Gillespie is also available on a free transfer when he leaves Motherwell at the end of his contract, but there was a bit of interest in him from down south so again would be hard to compete. 

Jordan Archer at Fulham is out of contract. Again wages could be too high.

Ben Alnwick is my shout. 33, recently released by Bolton, has played for lots of clubs down south and played with Micheal Smith for a few seasons at Peterborough. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
  4 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Is Antti Niemi still playing ? Or even Henry ? 

was his 48th birthday the other day.. and I’d still take him above any of our current keepers with zero hesitation 

He's only 28 😏

Edited by Batistuta87

Heartsofgold
9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This. Constant love for Gordon in particular puzzles me. He's nearly 38 ffs! 

Fodderingham would be a great signing and would walk into our No.1 spot, but his wages at Rangers must be astronomical compared to what we're going to be able to pay anyone next season. 

Hladky for me too. He's an excellent keeper and his wages won't be ridiculous. Likely to be a lot of competition for him though, considering he's had a couple of very solid seasons with St Mirren. Rangers were supposed to be after him but haven't heard any more about that for a couple of weeks. 

Mark Gillespie is also available on a free transfer when he leaves Motherwell at the end of his contract, but there was a bit of interest in him from down south so again would be hard to compete. 

******Jordan Archer at Fulham is out of contract. Again wages could be too high.*******

Ben Alnwick could be a shout. 33, recently released by Bolton, has played for lots of clubs down south and played with Micheal Smith for a few seasons at Peterborough. 

If our current keepers are bomb scares then he is a nuclear explosion!

Edited by Heartsofgold

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

If our current keepers are bomb scares then he is a nuclear explosion!

Haven't heard much about him. Just found a story about Milwall laughing when he was linked with West Ham a while back though, so you can take him off the list on that basis haha.

48 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, u sure how anyway can argue that tbh.

Maybe a possibility if in the top league, but no chance in the championship. 

Likleyhood is he'll get £10k plus from a championship side tho. 

Think he wants to go back down south. He said as much on open goal but that’s what I was hearing anyway. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This 

We don't know our financial position. We can't even make a projection for next season. We don't even know if there will be a Championship. We don't even know if we'll be in the Championship for certain. 

I wouldn't bother with any transfer threads tbh, the chances of us signing anyone in the immediate future are slim. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Haven't heard much about him. Just found a story about Milwall laughing when he was linked with West Ham a while back though, so you can take him off the list on that basis haha.

Not seen much of him since his Scotland u21 days but he was the kind of keeper who would let 40yrd lobs float right over his head. 

Edited by Anything2

Never really rated Foderingham but sometimes your perspective can be warped by the team they are playing for. Like when I didn't rate Stephane Mahe but he was great for us. 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

The constant wishing for Gordon in particular to come back really puzzles me. He'll be nearly 40 by the time we get to the end of next season and was made of glass in his 20s. Can only imagine what he's like now. We'd get a couple of games out of him then he'd be out with a broken arm or a broken ankle then we'd be stuck paying his wages until he ultimately retires. Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Foderingham would be a great signing and would walk into our No.1 spot, but his wages at Rangers must be astronomical compared to what we're going to be able to pay anyone next season. 

Ben Alnwick is my shout. 33, recently released by Bolton, has played for lots of clubs down south and played with Micheal Smith for a few seasons at Peterborough. 

Jordan Archer is shocking seen him a few times and his Scotland horror show still sticks in the mind 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

Craig will be 38 at the end of next season. He’s the most logical choice imo and conveniently still the best keeper on that list   

4 hours ago, Section Q said:

He's not a very good keeper imo.

will fit in nicely then.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

This for me. Two very experienced goalies and a young back up. Neil Alexander was 36 I think when he joined us in the championship and did very well that season and the next after promotion. Actually think it was a mistake to let him go when we did.

Wes Foderingham:

Not sure how much faith I'd have in a 'keeper with such a daft name. 

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think that will be likely. 

Are Bobby and Doyle not still contract? 2021 for both.

Timing all wrong imo.

In the premiership, I would sign another. Just don't see us being there.

Donis Avdijaj
Oliver Bozanic
Jamie Brandon
Rory Currie
Euan Henderson
Marcel Langer
Steven MacLean 
Lewis Moore
Jamin Nwanze
Alex Petkov
Dean Ritchie
Jay Sandison

Christophe Berra
Bobby Burns
Sean Clare
Harry Cochrane
Sean Docherty
Colin Doyle
Ben Garuccio
Aaron Hickey
Andrew Irving
Olly Lee
Anthony McDonald
Callumn Morrison
Ryan Schiavone
Michael Smith
Harry Stone
Conor Washington
Craig Wighton
Aidy White
Zdenek Zlamal

Lone Striker

Jamie Mac has turned down the reduced wages on offer at Killie - so he's looking for a new club. EEN article quotes him as saying he'd come "home" is a heartbeat.   And Hladky has left St. Midden.      The sooner we get the league situation sorted (assume its the CHampionship), the sooner we can try to get a few key players on some kind of "delayed contract".

johnthomas
4 hours ago, DS98 said:

Craig will be 38 at the end of next season. He’s the most logical choice imo and conveniently still the best keeper on that list   

Apparently prone to broken arms and ankles . Unusual condition but there you have it

Gillespie is only 28. I thought he was like 34 or something. Of all the free transfers we could get I'd probably have him in my top 3. 

Gordon and McDonald would be sound choices to replace Bobby and Doyle. Would let Stone bump up to 3rd too. 

I think its about cost ultimately as there are a lot of keepers who are known quantities at this level, Gordon, Hladky, MacDonald, Gillespie, Mclaughlin - all of which would do a solid job for us. Don't doubt there are even more. 

Gordon being 37 is perfect in the context of giving Harry Stone the platform to develop. He's played for Scotland and in the EPL as well as Champions League. Give Gordon a year or two with Harry ultimately being phased in throughout Gordons contract. Could sign the likes of MacDonald for continuity in case injurys happen and Stone isn't ready. 

Suspect Stendel will have his own ideas.

Famous 1874

Foderingham is much better than what we have got, but he will want far too much. 

Would take McDonald, Gordon, Hladky and Gillespie. Gillespie in talks with Newcastle apparently though.