And so it begins

Ex member of the SaS

Ex member of the SaS

Motherwell releasing 10 players and Hibs dumping the only decent keeper they have had in years. No contract extensions, so where will they get the players to start the season?

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Are you talking about Bogdan?He's 💩

From your smiley I think it is Bogroll

Class of 75
5 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Hibs will from the local rehab clinic.

🤣🤣Eating my tea in Cornwall and that one had me laughing. 👍

Just now, JJ93 said:

Hibs will from the local rehab clinic.

It's where they get their fans.

"Buy a concession season ticket, we'll turn a blind eye, and get an extra belt of methadone free".

been here before

Im not sure what its supposed to be the beginning of.

3 of Motherwells 10 players are loan deals returning to their parent clubs whilst another 6 have been offered extended deals and Tony Watt has signed a year long contract.

Paisley Jambo

Not meaning to be rude, but I don’t really care about other teams and what they do.

The darker things get for the the better. After this only 3-4 other Scottish teams will get a penny from me from now on.

HillmanHearts

Only one that stands out a bit as maybe a bit eyebrow raising is the captain Hartley ? Even then I dunno his circumstances or if he's even that good. Big strong lad - a bit slow. The Hibs goalie is not their number one. Nothing to get excited about 🤔

Greedy Jambo

It would be good if we actually knew what league we will be in so we could start punting players as well. 

Boyce must be a sore one for the board, being on 6 grand a week and a 3 and a half year deal, but i'm actually glad they can't punt him, Still to see the best of him IMO. 

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

It would be good if we actually knew what league we will be in so we could start punting players as well. 

Boyce must be a sore one for the board, being on 6 grand a week and a 3 and a half year deal, but i'm actually glad they can't punt him, Still to see the best of him IMO. 

assuming we play in the championship, if and when  it happens Boycey will have a goalfest

2 hours ago, Class of 75 said:

🤣🤣Eating my tea in Cornwall and that one had me laughing. 👍

haha hope you are enjoying the fine weather!!

14 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Motherwell releasing 10 players and Hibs dumping the only decent keeper they have had in years. No contract extensions, so where will they get the players to start the season?

Do Hibs have Kamberi going back? That's funny if so.

14 hours ago, jamboj said:

Better than any of our 3 keepers 

I'm better than our three keepers.

15 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Hibs said they wouldn't sign any players until deffered wages were repaid in full.

We shall see how that works out.

BelgeJambo

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can today provide an update to supporters concerning squad and staff departures ahead of the 2020/21 season.

Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona, Jay Nwanze, Brodie Strang, Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee and Jack Wilson have all left the club following the expiration of their contracts.

In the coming days Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Kelby Mason, Dean Ritchie, Rory Currie, Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira and Toby Sibbick will depart Tynecastle upon expiration of their contracts or loan deals.

The club would like to thank everyone for their efforts at Hearts and we wish them well for the future.

Edited by BelgeJambo

There might be the odd player who wishes to move on due to the uncertainty, who otherwise would've been retained, but for the most part, clubs will just be having their annual clearout.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Locky said:

There might be the odd player who wishes to move on due to the uncertainty, who otherwise would've been retained, but for the most part, clubs will just be having their annual clearout.

I think the real effect of clubs trying to get rid of players will come later on in the "window" as things start to really bite.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think the real effect of clubs trying to get rid of players will come later on in the "window" as things start to really bite.

You're probably right. I can see a lot of clubs having to sell star players for a fraction of what they'd normally want, to clubs in leagues that are going to come out of this in a better position. Which is most of them.

Ex member of the SaS

The point I was making ( probably badly ) is with clubs dumping out of contact players how can they hope to play any games this year? ( Eg Scottish Cup ) Clubs will require finances to replace players and give them a full pre season to get them playing as a team.

All clubs dump players at the end of their contract, but the number leaving due to Covid means teams wouldn't have enough first team bodies to compete effectively.   

No different to any other close season activities to be honest.

Only change is that it’ll probably be a lot more difficult for these players to find another club.

highlandjambo3

We have let players go today.....que media meltdown “ruthless hearts throw players out” etc....

PapaShango
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We have let players go today.....que media meltdown “ruthless hearts throw players out” etc....

The media in this country are a disgrace. The headline is along the lines of Budge taking a hard stance on contracts. You couldn't actually make it up the bias shown here. Players leaving after being out of contract is normal across the board. Budge has even come out and said she can't offer senior players contracts because of the situation. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can today provide an update to supporters concerning squad and staff departures ahead of the 2020/21 season.

Oliver Bozanic, Clevid Dikamona, Jay Nwanze, Brodie Strang, Craig Levein, Austin MacPhee and Jack Wilson have all left the club following the expiration of their contracts.

In the coming days Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Marcel Langer, Steven MacLean, Alex Petkov, Kelby Mason, Dean Ritchie, Rory Currie, Ryotaro Meshino, Joel Pereira and Toby Sibbick will depart Tynecastle upon expiration of their contracts or loan deals.

The club would like to thank everyone for their efforts at Hearts and we wish them well for the future.

Hopefully a few more to follow,  thought bozanic might have stayed ?

Bazzas right boot

Hibs have very few players out of contract and with deferred wages they really are setting themselves up for a big fall.

Be lots of players to choose from when things get going in the other direction again, that is for sure!