McGinn

TyphoonJambo

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would say it is more better coaches and manager. they are coaching him to actually play football rather than just fall over

Probably mate. Not just that, to take the right options. 

Our Andy Irving could be a good player for us if he took the right options. 

stevie1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's scored 7 goals in his last 8 games for Scotland :laugh2: since he's moved to Villa.

It's maybe because the players around him at Hibs were dugshite. 

Just need to agree to disagree, he’s an above average Scottish player whose main asset is his fitness and running power, although I always thought he had a tendency to run with his head down looking for a foul. I’d take him at Hearts but not for his goal scoring abilities and canny imagine his stats at Hibs for goals was very good. He’s certainly not a great footballer, in my opinion of course. 

Samuel Camazzola
19 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Totally agree. We should have signed him before the shite.

Nobody wanted him once his St Mirren contract was up. He was set up to move to the States to the leagues below the MLS until Hibs offered him an opportunity. 

Bazzas right boot
On 31/05/2020 at 10:57, Cruyff said:

Some utter nonsense on this thread. Played for Hibs, no the bonniest laddie. Great fitbaw player though, that's undeniable. 

"Great"

It is completely deniable that he is "great".

Bazzas right boot
22 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's scored 10 goals, laid on 13 goals in 60 games for Villa with an average pass completion rate of 81.5%. 

Cannae pass 5 yards though. 

Paterson has done more than that ( or very similar- more goals, less assists) for Cardiff over two seasons ( 1 in championship and 1 in EPL- Same as melted Welly).

He's a good player but not as good as folk like to make out, especially Hibs. 

23 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Sorry don’t really watch Villa, basing my opinion on Hibs and his Scotland showings 

I’ve only seen Rudi play for Southampton and Czech Republic, never Hearts. He’s just no very good.

stevie1874
1 minute ago, saxondale said:

I’ve only seen Rudi play for Southampton and Czech Republic, never Hearts. He’s just no very good.

I have no doubt if you were a Southampton fan that would be the case. I said he was an above average Scottish player but not great in what I have witnessed via Hibs and most recently Scotland. I also said I’d take him at Hearts but just don’t get the massive hype over the guy. Calum McGregor at Celtic imo is a far superior player but also I wouldn’t class him as a great.