Scottish cup

Blackshades

Having watched us beat Airdrie, then Falkirk in a farce of a match due to the weather and then Rangers, I am desperate to watch us beat Hibs and Celtic to win another Scottish Cup. I don't care when it is, I just hope we get the chance.

I understand the general sense of anger and frustration but withdrawing from the Cup as a way of sticking two fingers up at the SPFL doesn't make any sense to me.

Silvery_Moon
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Having watched us beat Airdrie, then Falkirk in a farce of a match due to the weather and then Rangers, I am desperate to watch us beat Hibs and Celtic to win another Scottish Cup. I don't care when it is, I just hope we get the chance.

I understand the general sense of anger and frustration but withdrawing from the Cup as a way of sticking two fingers up at the SPFL doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm with you. 

I may have felt differently if it wasn't hibs in the semi but we simply have to play (and beat) them.

chester copperpot

I have been very quiet during this lockdown due to my circumstances but I now feel it's time to speak out. 

As I constantly state on here, I work in the industry and am funded in part by the SFA as a development officer. Since this all happened I have been totally sick by the treatment of our club, along with Partick and Stranraer. 

I am done with football in this country despite absolutely loving my job. I am in the current process of finalising a job with the NHS as I just don't want to represent a 'company' which I have become so disillusioned by.

It has killed me to make this decision, however all my colleagues think this is a hilarious situation as it doesn't affect their club. They can all go **** themselves. Being a football supporter runs deeper than just liking a team you follow on the t.v. 

So off I go. I will never ever attend another game in Scotland unless it's at Tynecastle and I know my club is getting the full amount of my money.

The rest of Scotland, and I include the national team in this as I am a regular at Hampden, can politely go **** themselves. 

Doctor FinnBarr
11 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I have been very quiet during this lockdown due to my circumstances but I now feel it's time to speak out. 

As I constantly state on here, I work in the industry and am funded in part by the SFA as a development officer. Since this all happened I have been totally sick by the treatment of our club, along with Partick and Stranraer. 

I am done with football in this country despite absolutely loving my job. I am in the current process of finalising a job with the NHS as I just don't want to represent a 'company' which I have become so disillusioned by.

It has killed me to make this decision, however all my colleagues think this is a hilarious situation as it doesn't affect their club. They can all go **** themselves. Being a football supporter runs deeper than just liking a team you follow on the t.v. 

So off I go. I will never ever attend another game in Scotland unless it's at Tynecastle and I know my club is getting the full amount of my money.

The rest of Scotland, and I include the national team in this as I am a regular at Hampden, can politely go **** themselves. 

Andy, I know the circumstances you speak of because of FB, I'll not mention nowt (not my job). Actually just **** the fitba, I just want everyone I know (and other posters on here) to come through this shitstorm intact (families included).

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Well said! 👍

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Andy, I know the circumstances you speak of because of FB, I'll not mention nowt (not my job). Actually just **** the fitba, I just want everyone I know (and other posters on here) to come through this shitstorm intact (families included).

Please don't use my first name mate. 

On 30/05/2020 at 18:16, manaliveits105 said:

just call cup now and we have best record in the cup this season of semi finalists so cup is awarded to us - the precedent has already been set and SFA were happy to go along with it - so just bring the cup to Tynecastle  Petr15 asap likesy

Spot on, good enough for the league but not the cup, wonder why that is

11 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Please don't use my first name mate. 

Even though your full name is on your profile....

A bit precious.

FarmerTweedy
On 30/05/2020 at 16:04, lost in space said:

We do not want hobos to be given a place in final. Also, there is a serious amount of money involved. We will play and hopefully crush the Lochenders.

Not sure how much there is in the way of prize money, etc, but share of gate receipts will only be meaningful if crowds are allowed back at games by the time they're played.

If we're not playing in a league at all at the point they try to play the ties, I'd expect us to refuse to take part, and also expect us to explore legal action to stop them being played. If we're playing but in the championship, I expect we'd probably fulfil the fixture, but under protest. I would be boycotting the semifinal tie and donating the ticket price to FoH.  If we got to the final I'd probably go, because I'd hate to not be there if we actually lifted the trophy, but I'd really resent the fact that the majority of my ticket money would be going to places other than Hearts.

highlandjambo3
On 31/05/2020 at 00:52, 1971fozzy said:

exactly.

who gives a flying one about the cup that they want to play to give Celtic * their quadruple despite the semis being played in a different year with different squads with a team being expelled .

like our expulsion it’s just an * once more and the competition will mean fek all. If the semis do go ahead I’d rather soak my eyeballs with scotch bonnet chillies then poke out with hot poker sticks than pay and attend a corrupt semi final. And every hearts fan should hopefully feel the same.

I do.....not sure about the chillies though.

davemclaren
On 01/06/2020 at 12:31, FarmerTweedy said:

Not sure how much there is in the way of prize money, etc, but share of gate receipts will only be meaningful if crowds are allowed back at games by the time they're played.

If we're not playing in a league at all at the point they try to play the ties, I'd expect us to refuse to take part, and also expect us to explore legal action to stop them being played. If we're playing but in the championship, I expect we'd probably fulfil the fixture, but under protest. I would be boycotting the semifinal tie and donating the ticket price to FoH.  If we got to the final I'd probably go, because I'd hate to not be there if we actually lifted the trophy, but I'd really resent the fact that the majority of my ticket money would be going to places other than Hearts.

A moral dilemma for some it seems. If it seems safe enough I will very likely attend if the fixture(s) get played. 

Ex member of the SaS

Boycott the semi and take have the gate money. Hibs fans donating to our cause would rip the piss out of them.

Aside from whether or not Hearts will have resumed training and playing by the time the Scottish Cup is “resumed” there is also the point that Hearts, h1b5s and, I think, the sheep have all released players given the lockdown and lack of money. The mhanks have not had need to release anyone.

So if we play the semi finals and the final, then one team is at a huge advantage because it has not lost players.

heartandsoul
On 31/05/2020 at 23:40, chester copperpot said:

Totally respect your decisions.

Pans Jambo

Well said Chester.

Man of principle.

Castle rock
37 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Boycott the semi and take have the gate money. Hibs fans donating to our cause would rip the piss out of them.

100% this

No longer active

Let’s face it - this season’s Scottish Cup is not going any further! 

Without fans the cup is pointless. Without the players that got us to the semifinals then (despite a poor season otherwise) what’s the point ! It’s a participators’ sport and without the players who achieved the QF cup win then let’s wait for a new squad and let them try and achieve cup glory when the next campaign starts. Whichever years that is !

The records will just need to show that Covid won this years cup

Edited by George Cowie

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

100% this

AAAGGHHHH just reread the post you quoted and noticed I wrote HAVE instead of Half! Should proof read before posting!

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, George Cowie said:

Without fans the cup is pointless. Without the players that got us to the semifinals then (despite a poor season otherwise) what’s the point ! It’s a participators’ sport and without the players who achieved the QF cup win then let’s wait for a new squad and let them try and achieve cup glory when the next campaign starts. Whichever years that is !

Why not us? They used figures to end the league, use the same system for the cup and award it to us. ( we have the better stats. )

indianajones

I'll be extremely disappointed if we do not withdraw from the Scottish. 

Couldnt give a **** if we miss out on pumping Hibs at Hampden. We need to make a point. 

indianajones

Good man. 

Sad thing is they wont care and will replace you with some utter moron with zero principles. 

magicjohnston
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'll be extremely disappointed if we do not withdraw from the Scottish. 

Couldnt give a **** if we miss out on pumping Hibs at Hampden. We need to make a point. 

But then it would potentially give Hibs a walk over to a final and a the potential for lifting another Scottish cup. As much as I understand this point of view. I would want to pump those chunts rotten at a semi final in Hampden to get them back in their box.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

AAAGGHHHH just reread the post you quoted and noticed I wrote HAVE instead of Half! Should proof read before posting!

Yeah you wrote have when you should’ve typed nothing, why would we get half (it would be a quarter) of a game that wouldn’t go ahead?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, magicjohnston said:

But then it would potentially give Hibs a walk over to a final and a the potential for lifting another Scottish cup. As much as I understand this point of view. I would want to pump those chunts rotten at a semi final in Hampden to get them back in their box.

Exactly. 

Ridiculous to play the Cup when the league season has been cancelled.

Laughably it could be the Japan Olympics gets cancelled completely (odds on just now) but the Scottish Cup gets played. 

maroonsgotop
2 hours ago, Gilamas said:

Aside from whether or not Hearts will have resumed training and playing by the time the Scottish Cup is “resumed” there is also the point that Hearts, h1b5s and, I think, the sheep have all released players given the lockdown and lack of money. The mhanks have not had need to release anyone.

So if we play the semi finals and the final, then one team is at a huge advantage because it has not lost players.

therefore it's bound to get played to a finish😟

Captain Sausage

Absolutely mental that the Scottish hasn’t been stopped by now. 

It’s so abundantly clear who pulls the strings.

Who benefitted from calling the league? Celtic. 

Who benefits from playing the Scottish cup to completion? Celtic (given they’ve won the last 11 available trophies). 

No one calling this out. If the league was ended and awarded to the team who had the best stats at that point, why not do the same with the cup? I’m sure the Celtic Twitter Brigade would be in full agreement given their arguments to this point. 

Back to real life, it’s utter madness and should be null and voided (prize money for semis and final split 4 ways). Players have left clubs, one club has been expelled from the top league and yet the SFA still think it’ll be a ‘fair’ playing field? ****ing madness. 

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, George Cowie said:

But....but... that does not suit celtics agenda 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

But....but... that does not suit celtics agenda 

I think his last sentence confused Celtic with Covid.  Easy mistake to make, I suppose. 👍

Doctor FinnBarr

Not read all this thread so I don't know if this has been covered but are we and the other 3 semi finalists allowed to recall players who have left but were still signed/under contract last/unfinished season?

Ex member of the SaS
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah you wrote have when you should’ve typed nothing, why would we get half (it would be a quarter) of a game that wouldn’t go ahead?

I wrote we should boycott the game but play it and half the game money, Ie the gate money from that one game, yes technically it would be 1/4 of the semi and final takings.

This was under the previous conversations about the cup games being played. If you want to get picky I could go through all of your posts but try not to go down such roads as we are all Hearts fans.

Your post sums up the way Scottish football is run Chester. Luckily, my job doesnt depend on it but, like you this whole pandemic has made me realise I'm done with the corrupt t*ssers who 'run' our game (into the ground). Everything is geared up towards the benefit of the old firm, especially celtic. We market our game on 4 sectarian fuelled games a season and we still get a worse financial deal than half of Europe. Not sure of the figures exactly, but I'm fairly certain certain Scandinavian leagues get more TV money than we do. Unbelievable! I cancelled my skysports couple of months back too after the nonsense with the EPL prima donna's refusing wage cuts. In future, I'll consider subscribing to premier sports as it shows the italian and spanish football. Those guys gave up some serious money during this pandemic, regardless of their clubs being owned by billionaires. Likely because they had a conscience and had a bit respect for their fans, a lot of whom were earning less or nothing at all and losing jobs. Good luck in your new role with the NHS. I'm sure you'll be an asset to them as you seem a person of principle and morals.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I wrote we should boycott the game but play it and half the game money, Ie the gate money from that one game, yes technically it would be 1/4 of the semi and final takings.

This was under the previous conversations about the cup games being played. If you want to get picky I could go through all of your posts but try not to go down such roads as we are all Hearts fans.

I thought you meant the club not the fans, it's just the semis we don’t get any money from the final unless we’re in it. I get where you’re coming from and I’m up for boycotting everyone that voted to demote us, but not this particular game. 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I thought you meant the club not the fans, it's just the semis we don’t get any money from the final unless we’re in it. I get where you’re coming from and I’m up for boycotting everyone that voted to demote us, but not this particular game. 

Fair enough misunderstanding on both sides. Sorry for being nippy but in a lot of pain today and it sometimes spills over.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fair enough misunderstanding on both sides. Sorry for being nippy but in a lot of pain today and it sometimes spills over.

No problem we all have those days, I was a in a bit of a mood earlier myself. I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Now that leagues have been decided on a points/games basis, it would seem only right that we do the same with the SC.

I think I'm right to say we are ahead on goal difference and should therefore be declared winners.(tongue in cheek, but why not?)

Peter Lawwell won't agree as that would deny them another treble treble

Guest ToqueJambo

It seems as arbitrary and unfair a way to settle it as all the other decisions that have been made so far so why not!

If as the worst team in the league when football stopped we have to go down, then as the best team in the cup when football stopped, surely we have to get the cup. It's how these things are decided these days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Now that leagues have been decided on a points/games basis, it would seem only right that we do the same with the SC.

I think I'm right to say we are ahead on goal difference and should therefore be declared winners.(tongue in cheek, but why not?)

Peter Lawwell won't agree as that would deny them another treble treble

Agreed, Al.

This all points to a :fth: moment.

Squeaky bottom time for the cabbages.  They manage to avoid us in the latter stages of the Cup for 100 years or so then they get hit with having to front up to us three times in 14 years.

The current aggregate score is 9-1 in our favour but topically, in terms of social distancing, they have proved supreme.

Tommy Brown
On 01/06/2020 at 12:16, stu said:

Even though your full name is on your profile....

A bit precious.

Oops

20 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Agreed

Midloth_Iain

So Celtic potentially will have a stronger squad when the semi finals come around

Aberdeen and Hibs will have the basis of their current team / squad

We (if demoted) could end up with a substantially weaker team to put out

Seems fair .....