• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

JamboGraham

‘Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".’

Why? In a normal year with zero variables the fixtures come out at the end of the 3rd week in June?

Usual Celtic nonsense, or a part of a strategy to allow the SPFL to respond with “Can’t, don’t know structure, don’t know dates, don’t know clubs, etc.”? Part of the effort to focus the minds of voting clubs?

I am probably reading way more into this than I really should...

1 minute ago, JAMBONI said:

I thought celtic drew up the fixture list then sent it to the SPFL to be issued. 

No spfl issue draft for Celtic to amend as they see fit before issue

5 minutes ago, 1rousset said:

No spfl issue draft for Celtic to amend as they see fit before issue

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Heartsofgold
Just now, kila said:

Was that Stephen Craigan reading out the 2 o'clock news?

I thought that too!

Heartsmad1874

From that soundbite seems like Ann has went to the SPFL with a plan to help lower league clubs.

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, kila said:

Was that Stephen Craigan reading out the 2 o'clock news?

Got to make ends meet after BT’s scottish football coverage ended.

Just now, obua said:

Our benefactors offering to help lower league teams?

Sounds like it going by the sneak preview during the show intro

An offer they can't refuse

:pleasing:

13 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Peterhead chairman on aswell at some point, always enjoy Saturdays sportsound.

Especially when Tom English is on 

She's spot on the SPFL are a disgrace letting her do all the donkey work while they sit back and watch a Tsunami arriving on the horizon which could wipe out many clubs 

Personally think Scottish football could collapse due to this farce. 

They really have had shot themselves in the foot. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

She's spot on the SPFL are a disgrace letting her do all the donkey work while they sit back and watch a Tsunami arriving on the horizon which could wipe out many clubs 

Can’t argue with that. 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

That shower o clowns could not run a bath, look at the refs they employ, a joke of an organisation.

Jambos_1874

I try not to get too wound up by football-related matters off the park, but that interview infuriated me. AB has put forward sensible, well thought out ideas, has used her contacts to offer Scottish football much needed funds, and has acted in a dignified manner. But, as always, the utter ignorance and close mindedness of the clubs and "leaders" in our game is holding us back. Disgraceful.

Also, Willie Miller is a shitebag.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

I try not to get too wound up by football-related matters off the park, but that interview infuriated me. AB has put forward sensible, well thought out ideas, has used her contacts to offer Scottish football much needed funds, and has acted in a dignified manner. But, as always, the utter ignorance and close mindedness of the clubs and "leaders" in our game is holding us back. Disgraceful.

Also, Willie Miller is a shitebag.

Correct.

Funny if all these folks with money helped all the teams needing it but told the Hobos to bolt they're no getting a penny 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Who is this prick on just now ? 

The only one not a prick is Tom English!

Restonbabe

How tf can no one get a hold of Doncaster or the ass man les grey to get a word from any of them??!! 

Restonbabe
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

The only one not a prick is Tom English!

And even then he is still a prick. They all are. 

Budge has yet again shown up how much of a disgrace the SPFL actually are 

If this is all true, the fact that philanthropist are the only people safe guarding clubs, and not the professional body, is gobsmacking. 

SPFL looking like complete mugs right now (nothing new). Now they are looking for a paper, A PAPER what madness is this we are witnessing!? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Does giving the lower league clubs a money lifeline not make it less likely that reconstruction can be forced through?

This feels like a bit of an own goal - the money should have been linked to reconstruction 

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

SPFL looking like complete mugs right now (nothing new). Now they are looking for a paper, A PAPER what madness is this we are witnessing!? 

Dear Mr. Drunkcaster,

Here’s loads of money.

You’re Welcome.

Doncaster should have been sacked ages ago. Only here could this idiot continue to be employed and rewarded for a history of abject failure. 

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Derek McInnes snidey barsteward with that comment about philanthropists.  Where are all the Aberdonians then?

Saying to everyone “you’ll have had your tea then” if you see a Scaberdonian walking with a limp it’s probably because he’s hid his money in his shoe.

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Derek McInnes snidey barsteward with that comment about philanthropists.  Where are all the Aberdonians then?

I didn't hear it like that. I think he was saying why do only Hearts have philanthropists and not other clubs. Its time other clubs stepped up.

It's ridiculous. They are being offered millions on a silver platter with no caveats and they're like, send a paper. :rofl:What a feckin shitshow. 

I didnt hear the whole interview, only the tail end. Was she asked if she was willing to go to court if/when reconstruction fails?

Truly ridiculous that Scottish football is run by a man who has a bigger yearly financial turnover than a lot of the clubs yet is scared to work weekends or go on live radio.