AB interview

Horatio Caine

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Sorry, but I'm a realist, I find it hard to sit here reading absolute nonsense and watch fans pile their hard earned into the club time and time again with no return. 

I’d love to see your bank statement and see how much of your hard earned (dole money) you have piled into the club.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Tennant's  6's

• Deevers

• rory78

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Here's a question ( you won't like it)

If the benefactors want to put money into scottish football, why do they have to go through Ann?

Because she’s the only one trying to do what is best for Scottish football,I don’t know why she still has the will to keep flogging a dead horse.

Kirky Jambo

Apologies if covered already as I’ve only skimmed, but the immediate thought I had is that if Ann (Hearts) facilitated a chunk of cash to the clubs, then effectively sued them for compensation, the whole thing becomes pointless. Could possibly even weaken our legal case. Anyone know if this was discussed on Sportsound?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Apologies if covered already as I’ve only skimmed, but the immediate thought I had is that if Ann (Hearts) facilitated a chunk of cash to the clubs, then effectively sued them for compensation, the whole thing becomes pointless. Could possibly even weaken our legal case. Anyone know if this was discussed on Sportsound?

she is not giving any cash to any club. Its people she knows who have said they want to help pay for testing. Separate from Hearts.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, obua said:

I’d love to see your bank statement and see how much of your hard earned (dole money) you have piled into the club.

Ditto

Independence
4 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

You can be as delusional as you like but the fact is, we're desperately scrambling about to stay in the premiership. We have spent probably more than everybody in the the premiership other than the old firm. 

Who else could afford Naismith, Boyce, lafferty etc?

Not to mention the other 70 odd diddies. 

4 year deals handed out like flyers. 

H1b5! Biggest load of tripe I've read on here for a long time and thats saying something. 

Kirky Jambo
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

she is not giving any cash to any club. Its people she knows who have said they want to help pay for testing. Separate from Hearts.

Thanks. Which if true makes it all the more ridiculous that she was asked to prepare a paper on it. And that Doncaster is suggesting he hadn’t realised he could speak to them.

Doctor FinnBarr
14 minutes ago, Independence said:

H1b5! Biggest load of tripe I've read on here for a long time and thats saying something. 

Its like he can't help himself now mate.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, obua said:

Because she’s the only one trying to do what is best for Scottish football,I don’t know why she still has the will to keep flogging a dead horse.

And she’s the only one that will keep her trap shut about who they are. Doncaster would want a photo opportunity to boost his ego.

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

And she’s the only one that will keep her trap shut about who they are. Doncaster would want a photo opportunity to boost his ego.

She's learning mate, albeit slowly.

merseyjambo

The biggest thing in all this is going to be who is in a financial position to play football as there is a possibility that most if not all of next season is going to be played without fans.

Looking below the top league at the moment, those in a position to pay for testing probably only amount to a very small number of clubs. Possibly 6 or 7 maximum.

Without knowing, in the definite category would probably be ourselves, ICT, Dundee, Partick 

The unknowns Ayr, Morton, Raith, Falkirk and possibly Cove (I’m sure Stuart Milne has something to do with them)

The rest I don’t believe have the finances to start a season behind closed doors.

Those clubs who are in a position to start season in August should be hammering on the SPFL doors this week with a lawyer saying either reconstruct leagues to allow us to play or we are suing for prevention and restriction of trade. The fights shouldn’t be about the rights and wrongs of demotion it should be about who is in a financial position to be able to start a season without income from fans in August and pay for the testing required. 

I noticed that in a statement from Clyde moaning about the unfairness of reconstruction, they quoted the figure for testing for the season was 120k. That is going to rule out most if not all of the part time clubs immediately. Teams like Dunfermline and QotS have already said financially they can’t start season without income from gates and be expected to pay for testing. That is going to leave a very small number of clubs who will be very angry with ourselves at the head of that queue.These part time teams who seem to run Scottish football need to understand and accept that there are clubs who are full time and are in a position to start a season in August. They should not be able to stop teams who are in a position to run from August to stop them playing. That is the discussion that should be had this week,  not about reconstruction being seen as an attempt to stop clubs being demoted. If they can’t run, mothball them for the season and then once they can decide on how a league structure would look. Let the big boys get on with playing football. They need to be honest, all these clubs talking about a demotion under a revamped league structure are not going to get anywhere near top flight football. They are 2 and 3 steps from that at present and under a restructure will remain 2 steps from it. It’s about A small number of chairmen who are expecting Falkirk and Patrick to turn up twice next season and increase their average gate by 500 fans. That is all this is about. Cove aren’t losing out as they are still 2 steps from top flight football.

If there are 8 clubs who could start, reconstruct by demoting Hamilton and St Mirren then you have 2 x leagues of 10 with 36 games each. Simples.

Edited by merseyjambo

Ainsley Harriott
16 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

‘Celtic have urged the SPFL to issue the fixture calendar for the new season "as soon as possible".’

Why? In a normal year with zero variables the fixtures come out at the end of the 3rd week in June?

Usual Celtic nonsense, or a part of a strategy to allow the SPFL to respond with “Can’t, don’t know structure, don’t know dates, don’t know clubs, etc.”? Part of the effort to focus the minds of voting clubs?

I am probably reading way more into this than I really should...

SPFL have said they were still waiting on celtic getting back to them with their preffered fixtures 

5 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Its like he can't help himself now mate.

The place needs a deep clean. They don’t even try to hide it now.

15 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Why the hell is she wasting her time attempting to help these ungrateful Hearts hating bitter scum? Her sole focus should be the care of Heart of Midlothian & nothing else. To think she's now actively attempting to financially assist those who so readily went out their way so destroy us makes me want to vomit. If their representative doesn't want to talk then fair enough, you had your chance & blew it, arseholes. 

Wanting to help the likes of Dundee & Hamilton. Just **** off eh.

well said. Couldn’t agree more. 

what I don’t get also is these benefactors who have put in millions to us, are now wanting to put millions in to save the game to these rat clubs with no strings attached, yet Ann saying we will go down the legal route (effectively could stall / hurt the Scottish game). 
maybe just me but it’s a bit confusing

Independence
25 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

what I don’t get also is these benefactors who have put in millions to us, are now wanting to put millions in to save the game to these rat clubs with no strings attached, yet Ann saying we will go down the legal route (effectively could stall / hurt the Scottish game). 

Wont be just you, there are obviously a few who don't get it by the nonsense spouted on here by a couple of slavers. 

bobskeldon
9 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Sorry, but I'm a realist, I find it hard to sit here reading absolute nonsense and watch fans pile their hard earned into the club time and time again with no return. 

If you are a ‘realist’ surely you would ‘realise’ that the ‘reality’ is that the overwhelming majority of Hearts fans do get a ‘return’ year in, year out when they meet pals for a pint before the match, walk up the stairs  and  see that pitch in July/August and believe that ‘this’ is our season. 

You may be many things my friend but your view of what a ‘return’ means within the context of supporting Hearts  renders you incapable of experiencing ‘reality’!

Edited by bobskeldon

30 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s pretty obvious that if our ability to operate as a commercial entity in compromised by the SPFL because of a flawed decision then it’s down the legal route. From the legal people I have spoken to over the past few weeks there is an excellent case - if it comes to that. Hopefully common sense breaks out amongst the clowns that run some our clubs. Part of me hopes it actually all goes to court and the dirty washing is there for all to see.

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Is it the same group though because like the press you are all making assumptions and the statement simply states philanthropists not the benefactors we currently receive help from

I'm not assuming anything. 

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

She sounded fed up and frustrated.

It is not her place to reveal the identity of these benefactors.

The offer is no strings attached and seperate from Hearts position. 

Don't know why you think she sounded desperate unless of course you didn't actually listen to the interview.

I did listen to it. No organisation is likely to accept a large donation of money without knowing the source. Also thought she was naive. She's basically saying........"I know a guy no questions asked"....do you want it or not. 

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I did listen to it. No organisation is likely to accept a large donation of money without knowing the source. Also thought she was naive. She's basically saying........"I know a guy no questions asked"....do you want it or not. 

Not how I heard it. She was quite open about the fact that these people were there and Doncaster had been told this and bi en the offer of contacting them and all he could come away with was submit a paper. 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is it not attached to us remaining inthe top league though?  Could potentially be seen as a bribe.  Or have I read it wrong? 

15 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Is it not attached to us remaining inthe top league though?  Could potentially be seen as a bribe.  Or have I read it wrong? 

I think Doncaster’s response "I am delighted to have heard Ann's comments on the radio this afternoon that there are, in fact, no conditions attached to this money” is a reference to either, thats not what you said or alluded to previously Ann, or that there had been no mention of this but he assumed it was a ‘bribe’ or even possibly she did say, “subject to Hearts being in Premier league”

Edited by jdl2002

WorldChampions1902

It was made abundantly clear that no, it is NOT dependant upon us remaining in the top flight.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

So what SHOULD she have said?

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

It was made abundantly clear that no, it is NOT dependant upon us remaining in the top flight.

I don’t like that bit, at the very least it should be conditional on hearts being able to play a full calendar 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t like that bit, at the very least it should be conditional on hearts being able to play a full calendar 

That's would make it a bribe rather than a philanthropist gesture though.   Just can't make it conditional. 

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I share your sentiment.

The problem is that Ann has described these people as philanthropists. Not sure that could be true if Hearts interfere and start dictating conditions that are to our advantage based on how these philanthropists should make their donations. 

And I wouldn’t want them to because all and sundry, the MSM, the diddy club chairmen, and the SPFL et al would have a field day.

jambopilms

She might be playing a blinder. 

If all lower league clubs get money so they can start, Hamilton and the likes are on their own. Can they start with no help ?

It could leave the top league teams that are desperate for cash as the ones in no help.

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

That's would make it a bribe rather than a philanthropist gesture though.   Just can't make it conditional. 

Then there should be no investment if we have any sway over it. Invest in hearts - make sure we are in the best position possible to smash the shit out of this lot when we can play.

husref musemic
3 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

SPFL have said they were still waiting on celtic getting back to them with their preffered fixtures 

that email won't get 'lost' in the spam filter.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Not how I heard it. She was quite open about the fact that these people were there and Doncaster had been told this and bi en the offer of contacting them and all he could come away with was submit a paper. 

She is doing the best she can in a very difficult situation created by the clowns that are meant to be running our game, i honestly 

despair wth that lot. 

11 hours ago, Section Q said:

I thought Budge came across as sounding desperate.

Offering money in SPFL's bank account on Monday morning but not disclosing who the benefactors were. Think she might regret this.

I thought so as well. It's clear that she has exhausted all possible avenues. Interestingly, if she has the council of two QC's who have no doubt advised her that she has a legitimate case for legal action, or why else mention it? This is the approach she should be taking, straight for the jugular.

I'm not buying into her trying to save Scottish football when it seems obvious that most want to self destruct. Her focus should be nothing more than Hearts. She might not look and sound so tired if that was her sole goal from the start. 

What are we all to think come the 13th June when 12 clubs, excluding Hearts can return to training with a view to playing on the 1st August . The reality being that we might not even have a competitive game this year?. One of the best stadiums, 3rd largest support in the country, best training, medical facilities and we can't get back to playing football, because of the "up yours" attitude adopted by some clubs. 

Ann, save your health and energy. Stop being a martyr to these numpties. It's legal action and nothing else.....Press the button, stop the 1st August start.   

Edited by Hashimoto

Seymour M Hersh
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think that's what the money would be for indirectly. The muppets on sport sound yesterday seemed to thing these benefactors are going to just pony up millions into the SPFL bank account (and I appreciate AB suggested it could be in an account Monday morning). But to just give it to Doncaster or directly to the clubs themselves would be madness imo. They'll not use it for what it is being offered for and that's for testing and to enable clubs to play games (which would answer your query). Therefore I would hope the money is in an account controlled by the benefactors who will cover the costs of testing etc directly.  Clubs, if left to their own devices, will use it for other things then bleat they still cannot play. 

Turkishcap

A lot of people have lost their lives due to covid tell me why should some Scottish diddy  teams be any different? I try to be rational with a humorous trait but my gut feeling is feck em, really don’t care now.. On one hand if recon goes ahead then fine but there is a big part of me wants it to fail so we can bring down the spfl and see donkey and lawell squirm

Cant believe there seems more angst against us than towards sevco in 2012, another situation the spfl crapped out of at the time.

Its like the world has gone mad. Scottish football deserves all it gets.

SectionDJambo

I got the impression, listening to Ann Budge explaining the offer from the benefactors, that the cash would be to help preserve the clubs in the lower leagues, and help them keep playing, thus making planning ahead easier, knowing which clubs would be in which division. This, taking uncertain decision making away from those clubs, that they may regret later or result in them dropping down divisions.

It wasn't an offer designed to have a clutch of premiership clubs now announce that they couldn't afford the testing or playing either, to sponge off this fantastic gesture. So the Dundee United idiot's piss take comment about signing players is pointless. I don't think for one minute that Ann Budge, or her wealthy contacts are about to bail out clubs who have a league status that should be relative to their ability to pay their own way in a 12 team top league. They should expect to pay up the required expense to play in the top league, with it's financial rewards, without help from anybody. The offer will be for smaller, shoestring budget clubs, to allow them to keep operating behind closed doors.

Although there are no strings attached to the offer, it would surely be hoped that taking this financial pressure off those smaller clubs, might help them focus on what decisions are good for the future, not just for now. All the talk from them, up to now, has been how to survive this pandemic crisis.

As for Doncaster, to email into that discussion on the radio yesterday instead of phoning into it to explain himself, shows the poor calibre of the man in both abliity and moral fibre. Frightened to be asked directly about it. His snide line about now knowing there are no conditions is further evidence of his lack of humility. I believe Ann Budge when she said there are no strings attached. Either he is lying, didn't listen or didn't give her enough time to fully explain before asking her to put in a paper.

She maybe interrupted him playing his Playstation and he wanted to get back to it. After all, there's nothing important for him to be doing lately, is there.

Central Belt 1874
39 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

She might be playing a blinder. 

If all lower league clubs get money so they can start, Hamilton and the likes are on their own. Can they start with no help ?

It could leave the top league teams that are desperate for cash as the ones in no help.

I would have thought this is exactly what the philanthropist statement was all about. She is taking away all the arguments that other teams have before going to court, I.e money. 

After all the discussions with clubs over the past month or so, she will have a very good idea of the financial position of many clubs, and how they are going to address the next 12 months with or without football and fans.

Don't think Ann sounded desperate yesterday more angry and frustrated by the leadership vacuum at the SPFL. As for the benefactors giving money to Doncaster and co with no strings attached, dearie me. Surprised I slept a wink last night after hearing that.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think that's what the money would be for indirectly. The muppets on sport sound yesterday seemed to thing these benefactors are going to just pony up millions into the SPFL bank account (and I appreciate AB suggested it could be in an account Monday morning). But to just give it to Doncaster or directly to the clubs themselves would be madness imo. They'll not use it for what it is being offered for and that's for testing and to enable clubs to play games (which would answer your query). Therefore I would hope the money is in an account controlled by the benefactors who will cover the costs of testing etc directly.  Clubs, if left to their own devices, will use it for other things then bleat they still cannot play. 

I agree with your post and I have serious doubts that the SPFL would in any way shape or form use the money wisely.

I suspect that it would go a bit like this:

80% of monies to the Old Firm

18% to the other 40 clubs

2% Bonus to the Donkey for the work in distributing said funds

Why did Doncaster not lift the phone yesterday, rather than send an email, I'm pretty sure they would have given him a platform to express his views.   Simple he's a coward and scared to face Tom English etc.

SectionDJambo
41 minutes ago, goader said:

Why did Doncaster not lift the phone yesterday, rather than send an email, I'm pretty sure they would have given him a platform to express his views.   Simple he's a coward and scared to face Tom English etc.

He's hiding from scrutiny. Only wants to talk to useless people like Gordon, who will only ask nice questions and not follow up any vague answers.

A sure sign of somebody out of their depth. Rather like Cummings having Johnson avoid Andrew Neill, Lawwell doesn't want Doncaster with the likes of Tom English. He'll reveal something Celtic don't want out there.

4 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

So what SHOULD she have said?

Well I don't think she should have said that she offered the SPFL cash in the bank by Monday morning from an unknown source. As much as I have no time for the beaks of Scottish football, I don't blame them for asking for more information in writing....

3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I thought so as well. It's clear that she has exhausted all possible avenues. Interestingly, if she has the council of two QC's who have no doubt advised her that she has a legitimate case for legal action, or why else mention it? This is the approach she should be taking, straight for the jugular.

I'm not buying into her trying to save Scottish football when it seems obvious that most want to self destruct. Her focus should be nothing more than Hearts. She might not look and sound so tired if that was her sole goal from the start. 

What are we all to think come the 13th June when 12 clubs, excluding Hearts can return to training with a view to playing on the 1st August . The reality being that we might not even have a competitive game this year?. One of the best stadiums, 3rd largest support in the country, best training, medical facilities and we can't get back to playing football, because of the "up yours" attitude adopted by some clubs. 

Ann, save your health and energy. Stop being a martyr to these numpties. It's legal action and nothing else.....Press the button, stop the 1st August start.   

This......

Spellczech
15 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

In my experience, people who label themselves realists never are. They are just grumbling dissenters who love to complain about things but never actually offer solutions.

colinmaroon
28 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

In my experience, people who label themselves realists never are. They are just grumbling dissenters who love to complain about things but never actually offer solutions.

And there are some real zoomers.

TheGoodLord
23 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Why the hell is she wasting her time attempting to help these ungrateful Hearts hating bitter scum? Her sole focus should be the care of Heart of Midlothian & nothing else. To think she's now actively attempting to financially assist those who so readily went out their way so destroy us makes me want to vomit. If their representative doesn't want to talk then fair enough, you had your chance & blew it, arseholes. 

Wanting to help the likes of Dundee & Hamilton. Just **** off eh.

In the main I agree with this, plus does it not actually hurt us? I thought teams being unable to play was to our advantage and may well bring about forced reconstruction. Don’t quite understand how AB can say on one hand her priority is Hearts and then go all Mother Theresa on rest of SPFL. Off course maybe I’m being a cynical old bar steward and she’s doing it for the love of the game. 

And once again it all comes back to the hidden reality that I’ve been banging on about. The SPFL don’t have a pot to piss in money wise. A situation that has come around as once again Mr £380k has failed miserably to find a sponsor for the league despite knowing for a very long time that one had to be found. Surely this represents what can only be described as gross incompetence yet it appears nobody can do anything about it. At the end of the day Doncaster is an employee but has created a situation where he manages himself, answerable to nobody. 

I think there will be a condition to this money and it will be that AB is in charge of distributing the cash.   That will really get up some people's noses.

1 minute ago, RENE said:

I think there will be a condition to this money and it will be that AB is in charge of distributing the cash.   That will really get up some people's noses.

If I was one of these philanthropists having watched how this has played out there is no way that I would allow anyone other than Ann Budge to have control of the money. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And once again it all comes back to the hidden reality that I’ve been banging on about. The SPFL don’t have a pot to piss in money wise. A situation that has come around as once again Mr £380k has failed miserably to find a sponsor for the league despite knowing for a very long time that one had to be found. Surely this represents what can only be described as gross incompetence yet it appears nobody can do anything about it. At the end of the day Doncaster is an employee but has created a situation where he manages himself, answerable to nobody. 

Bang on the cash Tazio 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻