Throw away BBQs

theshed

Are these throw away BBQs you get for a couple of pound any good or is it not worth even trying To cook anything on them? 

highlandjambo3

They are ok but limited on cooking time.....eg if you are cooking chicken it’s advisable to pre cook in the oven, steak, burgers and sausages are ok.  Also, it’s worth buying the family sized one for a couple extra quid, the small ones don’t have much cooking surface as the first inch or so around the outside does not get to hot.  If you are out and about remember to take a big bottle of water to douse the coals when your finished or you’ll be waiting ages on it cooling down.

55 minutes ago, theshed said:

Are these throw away BBQs you get for a couple of pound any good or is it not worth even trying To cook anything on them? 

Fine whenever I've used them. Just don't expect to get multiple rounds of food cooked on them.

Serve a limited purpose.

You will still need a base of stone(s) for it to sit on so as not to burn grass or table top or whatever.

Do The Dance

They are a bit shite but if you're just wanting to do a quick but it direct bbq grilling then they'll do a job. Only really good for things like burgers. Wouldn't do chicken on the bone on them. Or as mentioned above in oven first and finish off on it.

Just cooked 6 burgers and a few sausages on one in my back garden and as has been said it done the job 

Thanks for reply’s 

Doctor FinnBarr
10 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

https://www.firescotland.gov.uk/news-campaigns/news/2020/05/weekend-wildfire-warning-after-lockdown-easing.aspx

Worth a read especially if anyone is planning to take one of these BBQ's into the countryside, they've started no end of moorland fires.

Wife doesn't drive, I like a drink at a BBQ, we might torch the dry grass in the back garden though.

My Mrs bought one,the thing is tiny.Me being very cynical said'what's the ******* point,we have an oven in the kitchen'.