Netflix.

Dawnrazor

My god there's some shite on it, just watched a fiim called "Rouge Warfare"....utter guff🤬

If it wasn't for Ozark and Meateater it wouldn't be worth the money, not even a nice bottle of Malbec can save Netflix tonight. 

There’s a hell of a lot of good stuff as well, including loads of top notch documentaries. The problem is that the suggestions and search facilities are shite. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

There’s a hell of a lot of good stuff as well, including loads of top notch documentaries. The problem is that the suggestions and search facilities are shite. 

I've watched 4 films and turned them off after about 30 minutes because of piss poor acting, I agree with you about the documentaries, but a lot of the content is just shite.........even when your a bit poshed😆

Greedy Jambo

There's some decent stuff if you try hard enough, i get what you're saying though, I can find myself resorting to 10 year old Louis Theroux documentaries. 

I can recommend both the Punisher and Shooter series. 

Also, if you like a wee bit ufo/conspiracy shit, Unacknowledged is very good. 

P.s If you can't be arsed watching a series and just want a quick fix, Watch Shooter the film. I bloody loved it, that's what got me onto the series. 

Edited by Space Pirate

frankblack
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've watched 4 films and turned them off after about 30 minutes because of piss poor acting, I agree with you about the documentaries, but a lot of the content is just shite.........even when your a bit poshed😆

I am much the same.  Netflix are making no efforts to get ex cinema films on like they used to.

A lot of hit or miss tv series they self make, which are mostly miss.  Also new films and tv shows are added a lot less frequently.  Half the time I go through the categories and find nothing then shut the app down and try Anazon or Disney Plus.  The latter is not great on content either but has better quality.

There's a lot of things I grudge paying for but Netflix certainly isn't one of them.

Just over a tenner a month for instant access to thousands of TV shows, films and documentaries - most in glorious HD / 4K. Can split it between families as well since you can have several profiles. Unbelievable value for money when you look at it.

Mind Blockbuster? Paying a few quid to rent a disc for a couple days. Thank Christ for streaming technology.

Mac_fae_Gillie

95% of the movies are pretty bad (I mean Sci Fi channel bad) but the programmes more than make up for it. And if you flick from Netflix to Prime every 6months your get another lotta good TV.

millerjames398

Only decent thing on it in the last while, is 20 yrs of Argentinian football highlights 2 part documentary, and the last dance, but other than that its not great.

10 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

My god there's some shite on it, just watched a fiim called "Rouge Warfare"....utter guff🤬

If it wasn't for Ozark and Meateater it wouldn't be worth the money, not even a nice bottle of Malbec can save Netflix tonight. 

Thank god I’m not the only one to think this, The mrs spend about 30 mins looking for a good film the other night and as soon as I seen it was a film made for Netflix I know it would be some weird crap with a shit ending and it was 

10 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

There's some decent stuff if you try hard enough, i get what you're saying though, I can find myself resorting to 10 year old Louis Theroux documentaries. 

I can recommend both the Punisher and Shooter series. 

Also, if you like a wee bit ufo/conspiracy shit, Unacknowledged is very good. 

P.s If you can't be arsed watching a series and just want a quick fix, Watch Shooter the film. I bloody loved it, that's what got me onto the series. 

Is the shooter film you are talking about the one with mark wahlberg, Bob lee swagger? 

Loved that film so is this series similar? 
No keen on sitting watching hours of tv series but would watch this if it’s as good as the film 

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

This.

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Thank god I’m not the only one to think this, The mrs spend about 30 mins looking for a good film the other night and as soon as I seen it was a film made for Netflix I know it would be some weird crap with a shit ending and it was 

😅😅 that's the very same here!!!

jack D and coke

I’ll subscribe to Netflix for a month everytime I get a new email address for the free 30 days. 
Watch one or two things then let it run out. You spend more time looking for something to watch than actually watching I find. 
For the money it ain’t bad I suppose. 

Edited by jack D and coke

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, theshed said:

Is the shooter film you are talking about the one with mark wahlberg, Bob lee swagger? 

Loved that film so is this series similar? 
No keen on sitting watching hours of tv series but would watch this if it’s as good as the film 

That's the one 👍

It takes a bit of getting used to it not being Mark Wahlberg but once you get over that it's thoroughly good. 

Carl Fredrickson

My daughter loves Netflix so the monthly fee is justified. I have Amazon Prime (mainly for deliveries and music) and will often watch some stuff on it. Primes free films are far better than Netflix.

I also have a now TV cinema/entertainment pass (Black Friday deal) and Disney+.

Netflix used to be awesome but have lost a lot of content to other streaming services. I dislike the way they recommend things. The same shows will show under different headings and they will recommend shows that you have already watched. I got Netflix a number of years ago as I was recommended Breaking Bad and havent cancelled. 

Now TV is OK but all of them suffer from taking ages to find something you want to watch and havent already watched. 

16 hours ago, frankblack said:

I am much the same.  Netflix are making no efforts to get ex cinema films on like they used to.

A lot of hit or miss tv series they self make, which are mostly miss.  Also new films and tv shows are added a lot less frequently.  Half the time I go through the categories and find nothing then shut the app down and try Anazon or Disney Plus.  The latter is not great on content either but has better quality.

I don't think they self make anything. They commission things like a TV station does. Sex Education for example was made by Eleven Film.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped this due to being too unfit for work currently and with lockdown I'm watching more Netflix than usual.

As we all know there is a lot of foreign content on the site. This brings me to my point.

The dubbing is sometimes so bad its unwatchable, do the voice-overs watch the film as they read the script or are they just reading the script and its then dubbed over the native language of the actor. 

Personally keep the actor's voice and subtitle the language of the film or series.

Samuel Camazzola
On 30/05/2020 at 00:37, Ritchez said:

There's a lot of things I grudge paying for but Netflix certainly isn't one of them.

Just over a tenner a month for instant access to thousands of TV shows, films and documentaries - most in glorious HD / 4K. Can split it between families as well since you can have several profiles. Unbelievable value for money when you look at it.

Mind Blockbuster? Paying a few quid to rent a disc for a couple days. Thank Christ for streaming technology.

Ironically, when the Netflix idea was launched, Blockbuster were approached to see if they wanted to invest and become a major backer. They refused as they didn't see enough potential in the venture. Where are they now? 

Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ironically, when the Netflix idea was launched, Blockbuster were approached to see if they wanted to invest and become a major backer. They refused as they didn't see enough potential in the venture. Where are they now? 

This has no context in today's world though.  The Netflix owner was trying to sell his 3 year old postal rental business for 50m USD in the year 2000. I think Blockbuster would've been mad to pay that then since they could've done postal rentals themselves if they'd seen merit in it. 

I think Lovefilm followed the Netflix model with both of them eventually going down the streaming route. Lovefilm was always shite though and remains shite as Amazon prime video.

Wouldn't have Netflix if I didn't have Kids. So many free options such as Cinema HD and Cyberflix. £9 for 6 months of real debrid premium links and you have everything you can enjoy on netflix and more. I also have a Plex sub as well which works great. 

On 29/05/2020 at 20:12, Dawnrazor said:

Yeah started watching that whilst double screening JKB the other day. Lost interest and JKB took over after 5 mins. Couldn't even tell you what the film was about...

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The Witcher is quite good. Watched episode 1 last night now on ep. 2.

It gets worse, watched the first 4 or 5 then binned it.

28 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

1 hour ago, jake said:

The only good thing about it is by the time to search for something it's time for bed.

😅

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I gave it two and a half episodes before binning it, and I usually watch any sci-fi/fantasy tv shows or films.

Just now, frankblack said:

I gave it two and a half episodes before binning it, and I usually watch any sci-fi/fantasy tv shows or films.

The acting on it, and many other Netfix series os diabolical 😅 it's the kind of thing me and the wife would watch, she's a bit more patient and forgiving than me but even she said "turn this crap off"!

Witcher improved for me once I stopped worrying about things like the timeline as that’s a total head****. Some very good episodes and a couple of poor ones. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just finished the Unabomber series. Good watch.

That was well worth watching, there are some good documentaries, Evil Genius is good too.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just finished the Unabomber series. Good watch.

Really enjoyed the Unabomber. The boy that played him looked almost identical to the real Unabomber.

On 29/05/2020 at 20:16, Dawnrazor said:

Your main error is going anywhere near the films. 

they are ****ing dreadful. their documentaries and a lot of their series are superb. No idea why they cant make a decent film. 

On 02/06/2020 at 14:37, Deevers said:

He really is desperate to see us in the Championship. Absolute walloper.

Watched Outnumbered, 10'years old, next thing to get pulled for being non pc.. Andy Hamilton has always been involved in some very funny comedies.

Greedy Jambo

Anyone that hasn't watched the Shooter and Punisher series has no right to complain and i will be taking them to court over their poor taste. 

5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Anyone that hasn't watched the Shooter and Punisher series has no right to complain and i will be taking them to court over their poor taste. 

I tried to watch Shooter but the mistakes in the shooting was an embarrassment so turned it off befoer the end of the first episode, tripe!

Never started Punisher.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I tried to watch Shooter but the mistakes in the shooting was an embarrassment so turned it off befoer the end of the first episode, tripe!

Never started Punisher.

Mate, you need to give it more time. 

I thought Breaking Bad was tripe for the first 5 episodes!

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Mate, you need to give it more time. 

I thought Breaking Bad was tripe for the first 5 episodes!

😅 sorry, but the anorak in me just can't abide the poor research where guns are concerned, I often wondered if every subject in every film or fictional series are as poorly done, is there police, nurses, tree surgeons, dentists, builders all moaning and groaning about thier depiction on TV and in films????

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

😅 sorry, but the anorak in me just can't abide the poor research where guns are concerned, I often wondered if every subject in every film or fictional series are as poorly done, is there police, nurses, tree surgeons, dentists, builders all moaning and groaning about thier depiction on TV and in films????

I watched an expert on guns and warfare review about 10 different films and score them on how realistic they were, there was only 1 that he gave good marks. I think you just need to take them for entertainment value. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I watched an expert on guns and warfare review about 10 different films and score them on how realistic they were, there was only 1 that he gave good marks. I think you just need to take them for entertainment value. 

You're right, I should👍

*edit*

Is there any boobage in Shooter?!

Edited by Dawnrazor

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're right, I should👍

*edit*

Is there any boobage in Shooter?!

Haha, not that i can remember but his wife has very fine arse.