Podcasts

Jeff

Any podcast recommendations?

There's only so much more I can take of laughing at Bob Mortimer's South African stories

Adam Buxton does a good podcast where he interviews people. He has that knack of relaxing people and getting them to talk openly and honestly. 

millerjames398

If you like crime and gangster type stuff, sean attwoods really good, he's started doing episodes about royal figures links to all kinds of seedy stuff as well👍🏼

2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

If you like crime and gangster type stuff, sean attwoods really good, he's started doing episodes about royal figures links to all kinds of seedy stuff as well👍🏼

I like Sean but he borders on the conspiracy sides of things which I can't be bothered with.

He's spot on with the Prince Andrew stuff though

CostaJambo
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Any podcast recommendations?

There's only so much more I can take of laughing at Bob Mortimer's South African stories

If 90's football is your thing Quickly Kevin will he Score? (Josh Widdicombe) is very good.

Luke & Pete (from the Football Ramble) and Off Menu (James Acaster/Ed Gamble) not bad.

Presume you are into comedy (I also love Athletico Mince) - there is an old one called Comedians Telling Stuff which has a simple format but very interesting.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

I like Sean but he borders on the conspiracy sides of things which I can't be bothered with.

He's spot on with the Prince Andrew stuff though

I enjoy his stuff, some of the allegations cabinet ministers in the 70s and 80s got up..make you sick to your stomach..

ardenjambo

Wind of change was really decent I think. An investigative journalist looking into a fairly widely circulated rumour that the song 'wind of change' by German band The Scorpions was actually written by the CIA to promote change in the Soviet Union following the fall of the Berlin Wall. Binged it in a day

My favourites:

The Offensive (start at episode 1. I love this one) 

Top Flight Time Machine

Mission to Zyxx 

Gossipmongers

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History

Hawksbee and Jacobs

In Our Time

The Infinite Monkey Cage

Discovery

Witness History

Sporting Witness

HardTalk

I could go on.... 😁

That weegie lad James English is my favourite podcast at the mo. Wide variety of characters he has on from ex gangsters to people like David Icke and also a police whistleblower. Let's his guests say their piece without constant questions and interruptions. He had a Scouse lad on there recently called Darren Gee. Wouldn't wanna cross that fella In a dark alley. James English also comes across as a thoroughly decent human being as well 

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, Smack said:

My favourites:

Top Flight Time Machine

Mission to Zyxx 

Gossipmongers

Hawksbee and Jacobs

In Our Time

The Infinite Monkey Cage

Discovery

Witness History

Sporting Witness

HardTalk

I could go on.... 😁

My missus likes that one. The BBC are doing a draw for "tickets" to listen in to the first ever live remote recording on Monday at 5 if you are interested. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smack said:

My favourites:

Top Flight Time Machine

Mission to Zyxx 

Gossipmongers

Hawksbee and Jacobs

In Our Time

The Infinite Monkey Cage

Discovery

Witness History

Sporting Witness

HardTalk

I could go on.... 😁

I drop off to In Our Time, Infinite Monkey Cage, or Life Scientific every night.

I'll have a listen at some of those on your list, cheers. 👍

11 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

My missus likes that one. The BBC are doing a draw for "tickets" to listen in to the first ever live remote recording on Monday at 5 if you are interested. 

Thanks, I'll have a go at that. 

Last Podcast on the Left.    3 American friends talk about serial killers, occult, mysteries etc.   Very funny and they actually cover the subjects in depth at the same time.

If you're into true crime stories, I'd recommend The Teachers Pet. It's the story of a professional rugby player in Australia who allegedly murdered his wife in order to be with his schoolgirl age lover. 

Would also recommend Serial, another true crime one, which at one point was the most downloaded podcast in history! 

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки

I would highly recommend Top Flight Time Machine. Started it the other day and it's really funny and a great format. Sam Delaney is a really funny guy as is Andy Dawson when he's not overshadowed by Bob Mortimer on Athletico Mince. 

On 30/10/2021 at 09:28, Des Lynam said:

Not a podcast but still good…

This is brilliant. He does another called Nomad which is also hilarious in places. 

48 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Still hard to take that this man won't be adding anything new to his incredible body of work. 

Sore one with Sean Locke the week before.

For any history buffs out there I would recommend “The History of Rome” by Mike Duncan.

192 episodes 30 minute episodes on the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.

Excellent stuff. His down to earth delivery is excellent, after a nervous first few episodes, and will fill a good few weeks of your time. Leaves you wondering how the Romans ever pulled it off for so long given the constant treachery.

He also has a “Revolutions” podcast, a mere 323 episodes, covering the major revolutions of our time. The French revolution was fascinating and his humorous delivery makes it easy to listen to. I never realised the French Revolution was such a farce.

Certainly fills the cold winter nights.

Shat the Movies. Reviews films from

your childhood each week. 3 presenters, good mix of styles and really funny in places. Nice listening to them discuss Ghostbusters, Indy, Bond, BTTF, Et, Die Hard etc and films of that ilk. Been on for 5 years now 

Edited by Gavman81

dobmisterdobster

Really depends what you are into. I listen to a lot of wrestling podcasts because I love Wrestling.

Listen to a podcast covering a subject you like.

Prince Buaben

Outwith the hearts ones I listen to football ramble and the terrace. Also price of football.

Crime in Sports and Small Town murder are good. With CIS you need to remember they are American so its more American sports stars. Just done a 3 parter on Mike Tyson. 

Really liked wrestleme. Where they go through each wrestlemaina. 

FF1S. A piss take look at that weekends F1.

Don't think I'd be doing a good by mentioning that my mates have started our own one on all.of Scottish Football. 

"PARK THE BUS FITBA PODCAST"

being honest its 4 laddies trying there best. Talking football and no sense. Very rough around the edges but we are getting there