Good guys / bad guys

MaskedMarauder

MaskedMarauder

So who out the 42 clubs will vote for the reconstruction? 

Aberdeen  - already said they’ll vote yes

Celtic - probably will vote yes as it suits them 

Dundee Utd - more than likely vote no

Hamilton - probably yes as their chairman has wanted reconstruction for a while

Hibs - more than likely vote no so they don’t have to play us anytime soon and get their pants pulled down as usual. 
Kilmarnock - 50/50

Livingston - have said they’ll vote yes 

Motherwell - I think will vote yes for sporting integrity to stop unfair relegation
Ross County - will save us and vote yes

St Johnstone - 50/50 

St Mirren - they’ll 100% vote no

Rangers - same as Celtic and have said they’ll vote yes. 

So premiership I think 5 definite yes vote. 4 maybes. And 3 no votes. 

Championship

Hearts, ICT, Dundee, QOS and Raith probably yes. Ayr have said no. Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton and Alloa 50/50 but will more than likely be tempted by the yes vote.

So that gives us 5 yes votes, 1 no and 4 50/50 votes. 

Lower leagues will probably be a majority yes. Falkirk, Partick, Airdrie, Montrose will all vote to bump themselves up a division. Cowdenbeath have said no but totally unsure of the rest of the clubs and their thoughts. Money talks though and if the leagues need to start in August behind closed doors the majority will vote for Ann’s plan. 

Quietly optimistic this might actually go through. Either way if it doesn’t then we just turn up for games every Saturday and if other teams can’t fulfill the fixtures then that’s an easy 3pts thanks Mr Doncaster! 

HHGH 

Can't see any of the usual 'bottom six' Clubs voting for temporary reconstruction when it'll mean additional relegation spots 2 years from now.😤

NaturalOrder74

I said the same with the rangers vote don’t think it needs to be 11/12 or 8/10 or 15/20 I think if it’s a majority over all then it would be enough to show that the majority wants they could probably step in and make it happen at that point 

Regardless I think it’s going to boil down to who can play football who can’t, and if you can’t to be honest I think they should be allowed to sit a season out and current tier would be taken into consideration when they al re apply to the league at the same time 

Just reminds me of the chewin the fat sketch. 'Cans and cants' He's a can, he's a can, he's a can and he's a.........

🤣🤣🤪

3 minutes ago, Eno said:

Just reminds me of the chewin the fat sketch. 'Cans and cants' He's a can, he's a can, he's a can and he's a.........

🤣🤣🤪

Prefer wanks and good guys from Chewing the Fat.

Dundee Utd, St Mirren and the Vermin will all be no.

its a non starter

bring on the court action. We have demonstrated due care by offering a solution/compromise which will be rejected (Even by the likes of feking Elgin ffs)

bring on all the hell that legal action will bring

No matter the vote on reconstruction, the bad guys will always be the yes voters in that farce of a vote at easter.

Never forget them.

Edited by Gambo

45 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

its a non starter

bring on the court action. We have demonstrated due care by offering a solution/compromise which will be rejected (Even by the likes of feking Elgin ffs)

Unlesh the dogs or war.....

Disco Dave
2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I said the same with the rangers vote don’t think it needs to be 11/12 or 8/10 or 15/20 I think if it’s a majority over all then it would be enough to show that the majority wants they could probably step in and make it happen at that point 

Regardless I think it’s going to boil down to who can play football who can’t, and if you can’t to be honest I think they should be allowed to sit a season out and current tier would be taken into consideration when they al re apply to the league at the same time 

I might be misunderstanding you here but you cant just sit a season out and rejoin where you left off. Where is the sporting integrity in that?

Edited by Disco Dave

annushorribilis III
6 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I might be misunderstanding you here but you cant just sit a season out and rejoin where you left off. Where is the sporting integrity in that?

Normally I'd agree but I can't see that it makes any difference - unless the clubs lower down in the pyramid ARE playing (maybe a shortened season,  starting later ?) but then they would be denied a play off spot. Two years running?   This is "Schrodinger's Season". 

One consolation is that it's not a secret ballot.  Regardless of any court action, I think AB and the board will back any actions the supporters take to treat the clubs which vote no with contempt and punish them financially where possible.

I would hope there is little or no uptake of tickets from our supporters when we visit these clubs, including Hibs.  

NaturalOrder74
12 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

you’d re join below the teams who continued to play though 

Restonbabe
2 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

That's far too sensible a preposing idea for the SPFL to consider

Disco Dave
8 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Normally I'd agree but I can't see that it makes any difference - unless the clubs lower down in the pyramid ARE playing (maybe a shortened season,  starting later ?) but then they would be denied a play off spot. Two years running?   This is "Schrodinger's Season". 

I think there is a good chance there might be a few championship clubs who wont be able to afford to play. So my point is they would have to rejoin at the bottom, not the Championship. I think this is what Budge’s proposal boils down to. Anyone who wants to sit out can and at worst, they go down one division

annushorribilis III
Just now, Disco Dave said:

I think there is a good chance there might be a few championship clubs who wont be able to afford to play. So my point is they would have to rejoin at the bottom, not the Championship. I think this is what Budge’s proposal boils down to. Anyone who wants to sit out can and at worst, they go down one division

Fair point which went over my head.

In which case if a club's membership is terminated because they can't play out the season it's not just "relegation", it's expulsion. En masse. 

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Correct 👍   And there's no simple or obvious solution for how a club that can't afford to play come August can survive at all.   The ever-alert SPFL have yet to even acknowledge publicly that this is the biggest problem facing football.  Maybe Donkey will ask Ann to come with a plan for that too.  😵

i

Dagger Is Back
45 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No matter the vote on reconstruction, the bad guys will always be the yes voters in that farce of a vote at easter.

Never forget them.

Indeed.

stevie1874
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Never forget them.

Absolutely this, would love us to get voted back into league then Mrs Budge let’s rip at Doncaster, Celtic, Hibs and everything else that’s gone on behind the scenes while she has put in a load of work. 

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

its a non starter

This is where I’m at. Can’t see it getting anywhere near the ridiculously required amount of votes but who knows what shenanigans are going on in the background?

Restonbabe

Effectively the reconstruction deal is dead. Its not getting the support needed to go through. 

The championship won't be 38 games next season.. Luckily if there will. Be 2 rounds of fixtures. 

We have to go down the legal route and force the SPFL into making changes. 

What a complete shit storm. Only in Scotland 

Today’s quiz-

rearrange the following clubs into Wanks and Good Guys.

Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Hamilton, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Rangers, Elgin, Brechin, Partick and Cowdenbeath 

Bazzas right boot

It will be a yes vote if the legal case and action is real. 

It will get the result we want but again will show the selfishness and short sightedness of Scottish football in general as well as doing nothing for the leadership and organisation for the game. 

If legal action is unlikely or they think they will win it will be a no vote. 

Legal action will be the main driver, not the reconstruction itself. 

Bull's-eye

I dont blame any other clubs for doing what they think is best for themselves.

The SPFL doesn't come into that category.

Midloth_Iain

They will likely vote down the current recon plan, but accept an amended version when they realise the implications.

A_A wehatethehibs

If it gets a majority, that would be a good result as it exposes the flaw of our voting system. It should be majority rule just like Parliament.

What we need is a new 3 tier structure

Scottish Professional Football League - there's only 18-20 or so actual pro clubs. 

Scottish Part Time Football League. 

For the Cowdenbeaths etc merge all the dross with the lowland-highland setup etc, one national league below the pro level. 

Juniors / amateur - where the Cowdenbeaths would ultimately end up as even clubs like Musselburgh, Tranent, Bonnyrigg etc are bigger clubs than Cowdenbeath. And thats just east coast, let alone the big West coast clubs who dwarf the likes of Cowdenbeath / Stenhousemuir / Brechin.

Happy to take the matter to court and let that case rumble on while play resumes, might result in a war chest, get the lawful compensation in -> meanwhile next season to automatically proceed as scheduled behind closed doors. AFAIK:

- All clubs who cant fulfil fixtures to be expelled outright from the SPFL as per the rules as happened to Airdrie.

- Any club entering administration = -15points and 2 window transfer bans all round that's what happened to Hearts last time.

- Any Newcos for the new season -> welcome to league 2 as happened to Rangers. 

It's a shame more ambitious Fife clubs like Kelty are being stunted because of absolute dross like Cowdenbeath.

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

It's a shame more ambitious Fife clubs like Kelty are being stunted because of absolute dross like Cowdenbeath.

Would Kelty bring that much more to the table than Cowdenbeath? 

1 minute ago, Still Tynie said:

A decent view of the pitch?

4 minutes ago, Still Tynie said:

Sorry, I don't really care, I just want Cowdenbeath to **** off. 😁

Ex member of the SaS

The irony is Doncaster and the SPFL putting pressure on clubs to accept reconstruction simply proves they were at it in the original vote.

queensferryjambo
13 hours ago, brianmc said:

Can't see any of the usual 'bottom six' Clubs voting for temporary reconstruction when it'll mean additional relegation spots 2 years from now.😤

That is a logic I just can't understand from these clubs. Surely instead of looking at the negative you would think some clubs might try and strive to get themselves up the table rather than look back down it.

If I was in their shoes I would be thinking great 2 clubs who are promoted we are better than them so no worries. 

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The irony is Doncaster and the SPFL putting pressure on clubs to accept reconstruction simply proves they were at it in the original vote.

Doncaster knows reconstruction will be the only way to even keep football going. He doesn't want to end up in court and certainly doesn't want to be presiding over the Scottish football leagues that went out of business.

11 hours ago, Eno said:

🤣🤣🤪

Total Can't!! 

queensferryjambo
12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I understand St Mirren and the Tramps logic as they are bitter Hearts haters but what is Dundee Utd's motivation.

Personally don't think Dundee Utd should be voting as a Premiership club but that is just my opinion. Also a reflection on how mental things have got in Scottish football.

Werner Herzog

Will be voted down, if it even reaches that stage at all.

The temporary nature of it guarantees the failure (you can't really blame clubs objecting to an almighty relegation cull 2 years from now). Either Budge is proposing this in order to strengthen her hand in a future legal case, or she's delusional.

Generally though, I'm really tired of all of this.

On a related subject, can anyone tell me the Premiership clubs that voted against ending the season?

Us, Rangers. Have I missed anyone?

49 minutes ago, Eno said:

That's the fella. Thanks for that 😂😂

Love that sketch, use the "those that can and those that cant" all the time. Think it's very apt for this current situation!!